Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
A genetic hardliner. I see, I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Frenzy , easy vote.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Rick posted:

Frenzy , easy vote.

Yeah, I love hero Juggernaut but Frenzy deserves the spotlight.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I want Juggs because I think he'll have the most heart wrenching reason for wanting to be on the team. Frenzy is a close, closer second tho

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I voted Frenzy, because I figured no one else would.

That said, it'd be fun to follow up on that thing from Carey's run where she's still carrying a torch for Cyclops, here in the Polyamory Era of X-Men.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Mike Carey made me love Frenzy a lot. It's gotta be her.

Also:

The poll description posted:

The non-mutant step-brother of Professor X, Cain Marko long ago claimed the gem of the ancient “god” Cyttorak, transforming him into the unstoppable brute known as Juggernaut. For many years he was a thorn in the X-Men’s side, frequently rampaging through their lives leaving wreckage behind. More recently, however, Cain has shaken off the evil influence of her dark master, claiming the power of Juggernaut under his own terms and making amends for his past deeds.

genderfluid juggernaut reveal

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Wanderer posted:

That said, it'd be fun to follow up on that thing from Carey's run where she's still carrying a torch for Cyclops, here in the Polyamory Era of X-Men.
I agree. The frenzy-cyclops relationship is truly interesting, voting for her. Juggernaut a close number two.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cannonball would be a terrible choice, since he's a stay at home dad on another planet. don't break up his home life!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wanderer posted:

It was even mentioned recently in X-Men Red about her still having an interest in Cyclops.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wait poo poo now I regret not voting for Juggs, 'cuz that's the one that would definitely cause the most problems, in-universe and out.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

They have been presenting the X-Men election as the heroes who will represent Krakoa, as elected by the population. Considering this, Juggernaut even being on the list right now is awkward on more than one level.

It would feel shoehorned instead of a natural pick. Marko hasn't even proven himself with his Legion work yet.
He earned it in his own book. It'd be nice if basically none of the named characters voted for him and it's just a whole hell of a lot of everyday mutants who've heard of what happened with D-Cel and think he deserves a chance.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also like, hows it work if sins of sinister is still goin?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

Also like, hows it work if sins of sinister is still goin?

SoS is just three months. April is when things are back to normal

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
still wish every option was sinister or a sinisterized character :colbert:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Had to vote for Frenzy.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I went with Prodigy because I really liked him last time Gillen wrote him but I don't expect him to win.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Adder Moray posted:

He earned it in his own book. It'd be nice if basically none of the named characters voted for him and it's just a whole hell of a lot of everyday mutants who've heard of what happened with D-Cel and think he deserves a chance.

oh man, now I'm regretting my Frenzy vote, even though she deserves it

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Cannonball is "nigh invulnerable" while blastin'
Juggernaut is nigh invulnerable once he picks up speed
Marvel Fandom describes Frenzy as "nigh invulnerable" .

I'm guessing they need a tank for whatever is being thrown at the X-Men

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Cannonball is "nigh invulnerable" while blastin'
Juggernaut is nigh invulnerable once he picks up speed
Marvel Fandom describes Frenzy as "nigh invulnerable" .

I'm guessing they need a tank for whatever is being thrown at the X-Men

Feeling even better about my Prodigy vote, good luck buddy!

With the Inferno homage out of the way, this week we've pivoted rapidly into X-Tinction Agenda nostalgia with the return of the Genegineer and the death of Warlock (RIP).

I was pretty disappointed in the David/Xavier scene in Legion of X. I feel that it tried to tie a bow on their relationship too much, too fast. Just a couple of months ago in Judgment Day you had the bombshell of a scene where Xavier ignores David in lieu of whatever crisis is at hand, not even realizing that he was being judged at that moment. You gotta walk that back a couple of steps before you can have Xavier going, "Oh no, my poor misunderstood son."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Endless Mike posted:

Two of three X-Terminators, huh?

This is blatant Laura erasure!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao at the whole legion of x thing cramming all that poo poo into one book. :|

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I haven't read today's issue yet, but the moment I saw Spurrier throwing five different plots running at the same time in the one book, I suspected they were all going to be solved haphazardly at once.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Legion was such a bummer. Forgetmenot getting forgotten, Warlock getting killed/reassimilated by Nimrod or the Technarchy or something, Kurt getting completely boned. Like, sure, throw a Ghost Rider using Juggernaut as its hell vehicle into the biggest bummer comic I've read in awhile.

Dark Web was similar. All the X-Men side stuff was great and Maddy is wonderful. God drat gently caress everything that has to do with Ben Reilly, though. I'm getting tired of characters suffering, maybe lol

I dug X-Force, though. Good reveal.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I dug X-Force, though. Good reveal.

funny that the man with the peacock tattoo is a clone of the Genegineer, considering the original Genegineer was killed in the issue of New Mutants immediately preceding the issue that Domino and Deadpool first appeared in

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's sort of funny that all of those projects he failed so thoroughly at are things sinister has done with ease. he's the hosed up loser clone of a loser.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I thought Dark Web was real fun but...umm. Maddie did in fact get people killed here, right? Like a lot of people just straight up died in this event? :thunk:

And aww, I thought LoX was fine as well. I don't think Xavier coming to terms with Legion was that forced. The whole idea is that he hadn't even visited the altar before to see all the good David was doing, and I think doing shifted his perspective a lot even before the attack came, and then linking minds with David did a lot more. It's not as if everything is fixed with those two; it's just that there's at least, at last, a bit of progress.

Also it was about time for Douglock to get knocked down a peg or two. :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Did we actually see anyone die on panel?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Wasn’t someone’s head on a scooter? I feel like someone’s head was on a scooter.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Wasn’t someone’s head on a scooter? I feel like someone’s head was on a scooter.

You might be thinking of this scooter with a face who's having a rough day

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

nah I remember now it was from DW: X-Men #1

They also mention in it that the big Christmas tree ate Santa so like yyyyeh people uh definitely got unalived here :devil:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its just a little decapitation, its fine.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009
Throw em in the resurrection queue

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
So wait, Domino saw that she actually wanted to keep the memories but made no mention of it in X-Force? And Beast is still a giant dick and I liked Deadpool calling him out on it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, colossus wasn't around and she had other poo poo to deal with.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ghost Rider: hey, I need a steed

Juggernaut: ok, fine

Yet, as mentioned above, this scene couldn't save the comic.

There's too much poo poo going on, those two initial pages with Xavier nearly got me to give up and not read the rest of the issue (the two different moments put together were really loving dire even by the worst interpretation of "Xavier is a Jerk"), then bummer everything else that happened in the middle of that mess (Xabi, Warlock, Kurt, Nemesis, Nimrod), and then Mother Righteous is confirmed as the final Sinister clone to cap it all out.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Spurrier has a lot of good, or at least interesting, ideas and nowhere near enough runway to execute them all. Warlock being a casualty would have been a bummer regardless, but that's made even worse by the fact that he's barely been in the comic.

I liked Darkweb overall. Or at least, the half of it I actually cared about. I do agree it's a little odd that they don't address the deaths caused by the invasion.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Saoshyant posted:

Ghost Rider: hey, I need a steed

Juggernaut: ok, fine

Yet, as mentioned above, this scene couldn't save the comic.

There's too much poo poo going on, those two initial pages with Xavier nearly got me to give up and not read the rest of the issue (the two different moments put together were really loving dire even by the worst interpretation of "Xavier is a Jerk"), then bummer everything else that happened in the middle of that mess (Xabi, Warlock, Kurt, Nemesis, Nimrod), and then Mother Righteous is confirmed as the final Sinister clone to cap it all out.

I genuinely thought there was going to be a twist that this was already Sinister Xavier and he hosed up removing Legion from the board a bit too early.

I like enough of the rest of it that I think I'm still positive on Legion of X over all but the Xavier stuff was too heavy handed compared to how he's been in everyone else's books.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Theres not even enough time to half-rear end all the ideas in that book. Barely quarter-assed.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Theres not even enough time to half-rear end all the ideas in that book. Barely quarter-assed.

I like Spurrier a lot but I chuckled at the absurdity of the plot summary in the latest issue:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The turducken method of comic book writing.