Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

on the off chance you're on hyperion I do have a spare altar sitting in one of my retainers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land

Vitamean posted:

on the off chance you're on hyperion I do have a spare altar sitting in one of my retainers

Sadly, I'm on Cactuar, but thank you for the thought. I'm in a giant FC and plan to ask when I get off work this evening, I bet someone has one they could spare me. If not, it seems my only choice is to dehumanize myself and face to Eureka. :hai:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

haha but

what if you went all the way to the end of eureka

and cleared the baldesion arsenal

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I’m even more psycho and unlocked baldesion arsenal but never bothered to get into a run

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ozma is a top tier mount.

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land

Vitamean posted:

haha but

what if you went all the way to the end of eureka

and cleared the baldesion arsenal

hahaha that'd be crazy

ImpAtom posted:

Ozma is a top tier mount.

...Ozma comes from Eureka?

hahaha I'm playing, it'd be crazy to farm an Ozma mount

unless

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Good news you don’t really have to farm it as far as eureka is confirmed

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Morality_Police posted:

hahaha that'd be crazy

...Ozma comes from Eureka?

hahaha I'm playing, it'd be crazy to farm an Ozma mount

unless

You get it as a cheevo reward for clearing the superdungeon at the end

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
For the next Ultimate, they should have an officially sponsored race for World First, but only people playing on the PS4/PS5 client are allowed to participate to ensure that it's fair. :pseudo:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

W.T. Fits posted:

For the next Ultimate, they should have an officially sponsored race for World First, but only people playing on the PS4/PS5 client are allowed to participate to ensure that it's fair. :pseudo:
also Yoshi P has to participate to prove he can do it

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Martman posted:

also Yoshi P has to participate to prove he can do it

Okay, but said Ultimate has to include a jumping puzzle.

...I started writing this as a joke, but that'd actually be an amazing Ultimate-level escalation of Aenc Thon for a ShB Ultimate. High-pressure Kugane Tower.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

W.T. Fits posted:

Frosty, the guy that's ran the world first events since like Heavensward, basically said going forward his events will only recognize groups that stream/record their progress.

For what that's worth.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Frosty, the guy that's ran the world first events since like Heavensward, basically said going forward his events will only recognize groups that stream/record their progress.

For what that's worth.

It would be cool of SE partnered with him or like brought him on to run/commentate the streams. It feels like there would be a lot of potential for collaboration with the community/streamers.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Martman posted:

I'm not familiar with the JP gaming community or anything, but some people act like there's an insane contingent of 5ch posters and stuff who will go nuclear on harassing and doxxing targets they've deemed bad for the game, i.e. cheaters, mod users, whatever

It's kind of hard to parse how much of that is true, how much is being overblown, and how much is being accepted by non-JP players as an excuse to post about how some other country is crazy.
there were examples of both english and JP players hunting out twitch streamers they could mass report for using addons during the plugin drama with the last ultimate:
https://twitter.com/ArtharsFF14/status/1524171988314787840

obvious but bears repeating: even if you arent doing the ultimate, don't stream with addons, period.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

starting to grow paranoid about my usage of chat bubbles and ACT.

pls just add chat bubbles into the game

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

RME posted:

yeah if we keep doing it maybe your dungeons will be hard one day

taking a pill to make my dungeons hard (MDMA)

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

biceps crimes posted:

If youre not streaming, dont worry about it. all those two plugins do is read chat/combat logs , and then display stuff on your screen, nothing interacts with the ffxiv server.

Very few plugins do anything that the server could possibly track, and its even less likely that square enix devs outright care. When the urgamax bug happened that let anyone perform the squadran LB anywhere, they noted they had logs of all instances of people using it, but openly said did not care of any instances used on traning dummies/in housing where people were obviously just testing it out, punishing only those who used it to clear content.
They will not suspend you over chat bubbles and will only likely do something if a group of people start mass reporting you.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The hilarious part of that bug is that people who tried to use it to clear content, still couldn't clear content, even with the squadron buff.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

biceps crimes posted:

Just literally never talk about it, post pictures with addons on, or stream and it's fine. This sounds like sarcasm but I do not intend it that way.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's all clear Eureka. Together. 100%.

I love you.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ozma mount does sound good. And it's Krile content

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Let's all clear Eureka. Together. 100%.

I love you.

Old Eureka or True Eureka?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would do it all. Eureka cannot hurt me. XI thickened my skin to dumb grind.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

It calls

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
For reward, one orb, never pondered.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I mean hey, it's just an orb right? Imagine if it could turn into other shapes too

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

by the way, at the top of the hour the demo for the new theatrhythm should go up on the nintendo eshop and psn. why it matters for this thread is the demo includes a small selection of songs from ARR (and some other songs you may care about)

the full release will have tracks from up through shadowbringers, and a couple of The Primals songs are included in the Digital Fancy Edition at launch

https://novacrystallis.com/2022/12/theatrhythm-final-bar-line-song-list-revealed/

the 3ds games ate a lot of my time when they came out, so I'm really looking forward to this, and I'm really excited to try the newer ff14 songs that are included in this release!

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

https://novacrystallis.com/2022/12/theatrhythm-final-bar-line-song-list-revealed posted:

Metal – Brute Justice Mode (BMS)
Wayward Daughter (BMS)
What Angel Wakes Me (BMS)

oh hell yes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What Angels Wake Me is like a perfect fit for a rhythm game.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

What Angels Wake Me is like a perfect fit for a rhythm game.

If you botch the notes hard enough, do you spin Titania around and wipe the party with her cone attack?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

AAAAAAAA I hit it on my first try after spending all evening climbing up the tower

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Force Your Way!

The Man With the Machine Gun!

Shuffle or Boogie!

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Vitamean posted:

by the way, at the top of the hour the demo for the new theatrhythm should go up on the nintendo eshop and psn. why it matters for this thread is the demo includes a small selection of songs from ARR (and some other songs you may care about)

the full release will have tracks from up through shadowbringers, and a couple of The Primals songs are included in the Digital Fancy Edition at launch

https://novacrystallis.com/2022/12/theatrhythm-final-bar-line-song-list-revealed/

the 3ds games ate a lot of my time when they came out, so I'm really looking forward to this, and I'm really excited to try the newer ff14 songs that are included in this release!

I was worried this wouldn't be as cool without the stylus but no, this game still completely slaps. Thanks for the heads up on the demo, I am definitely all in on the stupid premium digital version. Also mildly surprised it runs well on the switch. I probably shouldn't be a but I've been burned by a few ports in the past.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The double stick ones REALLY throw me. Quick hitting the right thumbstick isn't how I'm used to holding it, and at difficulty 4+ they start adding 90- degree pairs which breaks my brain to translate into motion.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Everyone should do Eureka IMO. Some of the most chill content I've done in this whole dang game. Good memories.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I wonder how many groups have cleared an ultimate completely blind without any addons. I assume most people use strat guides to help them, but for the people doing it blind once they have to sit through 15 minutes of fight while still paying attention just so they can see a couple of seconds of the mechanic they are progressing up to. I get sick of progging the end of 11 minute savage fights so it sounds miserable doing that in an ultimate. Given, that i can understand the temptation of using addons to cut down on the amount of pulls you need to do for information gathering. When everybody is using at least some addons and you only get punished if you leak your screen i can see why people would do it.

Also sucks that SE's privacy settings are so bad that they can't hide their character to escape the harassment if they wanted to.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Luigi Thirty posted:

I’ve never done Eureka and barely done any Bozja.

bozja deez nutkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sprout question, what is the sort of time of an average, successful, savage-tier battle?