Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Fouler with Crowder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Just checked, and his tweets are still protected. Didn't he say he was planning on unlocking them this morning, or has he decided that he wants his stupid little experiment to go on a little further to show his rightwing pals that he's hard at work trying to help their precious engagement?

In the meantime, the silence is quite nice.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Sucking chowder from Crowder

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Prowler of Crowder

seek seek lest

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
that mustache guy looks like a sex freak

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Lazy_Liberal posted:

that mustache guy looks like a sex freak

Turn on your monitor

Gnomocide
Oct 9, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

ftfy

lol the right wing doing what the right wing does when they think they gained power, infighting and purges

unlike the left wing, we don't even need power before we start infighting and purging :awesomelon:

Decon posted:

I'm having trouble finding it funny

Oh it's funny. you knowww it's funny, follow your heart of lols and don't let guilt stop you from laughing clearly

learnincurve posted:

no one should have a twitter account

It's true now and always was; you sad remaining twitter goons listen please, you can be free!

At the very least you lose all twitter joke-making privilege by staying. For every twitter joke you would make, instead you can write "thanks elon"

Gnomocide fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 1, 2023

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Sex workers also rely on Twitter to find their audience, as it's the only social media site that hasn't yet banned explicit content. Saying "nobody should have a Twitter" kinda glosses over the fact that in some jobs, you can't afford to not be on the only platform that provides you visibility.

I think the "if you use Twitter you're complicit" position ignores (willfully, at this point) the fact that Twitter isn't like other companies anymore. There are none of the typical pressure points. There's no board of directors, there's effectively no shareholders, there's no advertisers, and there's nobody but yes-men left in Elons circle. If Elon cared about or could even comprehend the outcry over his management style, literally none of this would be happening.

There is no Dana, there is only Zuul Elon.

The only thing you can do to cause Musk any discomfort, at this point, is cost Elon money by using Twitter to call him a dipshit to his face. Bravely ceding the space to the chuds, as alluringly noble and moral an option that a pants-making GBS threads retreat might seem, accomplishes nothing at this point.

Honestly, at least in the case of learnincurve et al, it seems like the smug axe-grinding of the old man yelling at clouds finally getting ahold of that cumulo-nimbus rear end in a top hat.

Old Twitter had a lot of problems, but it was great for a number of more or less niche purposes, and the "Oh well guess you can't earn a living anymore :smug:" poo poo sucks.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Twitter is dying and I’m glad of it

Gnomocide
Oct 9, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

I think the "if you use Twitter you're complicit" position ignores (willfully, at this point) the fact that Twitter isn't like other companies anymore. There are none of the typical pressure points. There's no board of directors, there's effectively no shareholders, there's no advertisers, and there's nobody but yes-men left in Elons circle. If Elon cared about or could even comprehend the outcry over his management style, literally none of this would be happening.

There is no Dana, there is only Zuul Elon.

The only thing you can do to cause Musk any discomfort, at this point, is cost Elon money by using Twitter to call him a dipshit to his face. Bravely ceding the space to the chuds, as alluringly noble and moral an option that a pants-making GBS threads retreat might seem, accomplishes nothing at this point.

Honestly, at least in the case of learnincurve et al, it seems like the smug axe-grinding of the old man yelling at clouds finally getting ahold of that cumulo-nimbus rear end in a top hat.

Old Twitter had a lot of problems, but it was great for a number of more or less niche purposes, and the "Oh well guess you can't earn a living anymore :smug:" poo poo sucks.

For your next trick, explain how to destroy tesla by buying more teslas

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Having only learned of Eliza in the last few pages and articles, it definitely seems like she’s just making it up

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Gnomocide posted:

For your next trick, explain how to destroy tesla by buying more teslas

I'm not saying staying on Twitter is destroying it, I'm saying leaving Twitter isn't destroying it.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

There's a non zero chance you could make an account called @catturd3 and tell Elon that you were the real Catturd because ANTIFA super hackers stole your account and were posing as you, and he'd believe it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean people don’t want to boycott twitter to actually destroy it, they aren’t that stupid, they want to feel morally superior. Nothing more

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The whole "ceding territory" thing is so dumb to begin with. It's a website, not the sudetenland. Now it's a website mostly about Hunter Biden's hog and a guy named catshit who is upset nobody cares what he thinks. If someone shits in the pool, I'm not staying to prevent ceding the territory, and I'm not leaving to punish the person who poo poo in the pool. I'm leaving because it's literally a pool with a cloud of poo poo in it.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

Twitter's revenue comes from delivering advertising to users - if you want to cost Elon money the way to do so is by not using Twitter.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Exodor posted:

Twitter's revenue comes from delivering advertising to users - if you want to cost Elon money the way to do so is by not using Twitter.
I've got good news about the ratio of advertising money to opex.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

The whole "ceding territory" thing is so dumb to begin with. It's a website, not the sudetenland. Now it's a website mostly about Hunter Biden's hog and a guy named catshit who is upset nobody cares what he thinks. If someone shits in the pool, I'm not staying to prevent ceding the territory, and I'm not leaving to punish the person who poo poo in the pool. I'm leaving because it's literally a pool with a cloud of poo poo in it.

same, but i am leaving to punish the person who poo poo in the pool because gently caress musk

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Exodor posted:

1. No amount of revenue is going to cover Elons billions in loan payments. It's a bandaid on a cut jugular.
  2. Advertising revenue is down 70% anyway.

Basically:

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean people don’t want to boycott twitter to actually destroy it, they aren’t that stupid, they want to feel morally superior. Nothing more

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
i, for one, think it would be absolutely hilarious to be able to point to twitter when anyone says hes a genius. the only company he's in charge of where he actually does anything and the first thing he does is kill an incredibly popular website.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Virtuous Activism Resolution List for Year 2023

1. Delete my twitter account
2. Post in succ zone

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Agents are GO! posted:

1. No amount of revenue is going to cover Elons billions in loan payments. It's a bandaid on a cut jugular.
  2. Advertising revenue is down 70% anyway.

Basically:

Oh I dunno, Anya Taylor Joy’s advertising campaign to sell 10 MacBooks seems to be going swimmingly after over a day!
https://twitter.com/legotrillermoth/status/1620593690489294849?s=46&t=uDufEHSpsRCIUnmbtep4kA
Seems like something Elon and his team might want to look at but I get he has to prioritize and currently Ian Miles Cheong and Catturd2’s engagements are more important because I guess they bring in the really big money

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Saddest Rhino posted:

2. Post in succ zone

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Steadiman posted:

Oh I dunno, Anya Taylor Joy’s advertising campaign to sell 10 MacBooks seems to be going swimmingly after over a day!
https://twitter.com/legotrillermoth/status/1620593690489294849?s=46&t=uDufEHSpsRCIUnmbtep4kA
Seems like something Elon and his team might want to look at but I get he has to prioritize and currently Ian Miles Cheong and Catturd2’s engagements are more important because I guess they bring in the really big money

If the algorithms weren't suppressing her she could have sold all 10 mac books by now

thankfully Elon is on the case

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Smart enough to hack a Twitter account. Not smart enough to know to set it Private for more reach on your scam.

smdh

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
Hi I'm Egon Tweet. You can call me Mr. Tweet if you'd like

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
drat I'm an idiot posting from 5 pages back. Like elon musk himself.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

sporkstand posted:

Hi I'm Egon Tweet. You can call me Mr. Tweet if you'd like

Egonge, no one is liking any of my tweets, what should I, and by that I mean YOU do about it?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

nullEntityRNG posted:

drat I'm an idiot posting from 5 pages back. Like elon musk himself.
Your posts aren’t set to private so you missed all the engagement

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
If Anya really wants to move those MacBooks then she should at least fart on them

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

nine-gear crow posted:

Egonge, no one is liking any of my tweets, what should I, and by that I mean YOU do about it?

Wow, this is really concerning

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Serious_Cyclone posted:

It seems like it's a septic tank now, so feel free to poo poo in the pool. The analogy may be breaking down

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Steadiman posted:

Maybe my favorite thing to come across on my timeline is posts by obviously hacked c-list comedian Bobby Lee

https://twitter.com/bobbyleelive/status/1620951788697559040

He has 335k followers and has been clearly hacked for like 4 months now constantly posting scam messages, great company

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Fentry posted:

Maybe my favorite thing to come across on my timeline is posts by obviously hacked c-list comedian Bobby Lee

https://twitter.com/bobbyleelive/status/1620951788697559040

He has 335k followers and has been clearly hacked for like 4 months now constantly posting scam messages, great company

The account at least seems to be private now, I assume to get more engagement. What in the world is Elon even doing anymore, obsessing over the imagined problems some small right wing grifter have, and ignoring actual problems that could cause celebrities to gently caress off. Remember one of the original big draws of Twitter was the celebrities you could interact with (even if only imagined interaction). And I’m pretty sure celebrities still draw bigger crowds than reporters or grifters or Twitter files. Twitter isn’t big enough to lose them.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Just checked, and his tweets are still protected. Didn't he say he was planning on unlocking them this morning, or has he decided that he wants his stupid little experiment to go on a little further to show his rightwing pals that he's hard at work trying to help their precious engagement?

In the meantime, the silence is quite nice.

I wouldn't be surprised if he simply couldn't figure out how to un-protect his account.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i delete them remake then delete twitter accounts endlessly to feel superior to others every time I delete the account I know I’m better and every time I make a new one I feel like a worm and jerk off

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

2. Post in succ zone

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Did these guys maybe consider that their view counts are falling because Musk banned all those mid to large left wing accounts who were in their replies, bullying them? That's assuming their view counts are actually falling.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
There's talk of a cocktail recipe competition at a local bar so I've been working on a variation of the Flaming Lamborghini...

code:
Flaming Tesla

Ingredients:
1 shot (30ml) Amarula Cream
Dash of Raspberry cordial
2 shots (60ml) Everclear
1 Free range* egg yolk

Glass:
Re-usable condiment glass like a jam-jar, marmite 
or vegemite glass. 
The cheaper, the better

Method:
- Pour the shot of Amarula neatly into the glass.
- Drop the egg yolk in over a spoon so it stays whole.
- Gently add the dash of Raspberry cordial by using a 
spoon to drizzle over the egg yolk.
- Add the everclear over a spoon so it forms a layer over 
the egg yolk, cordial and Amarula

To serve:
- Light the everclear with a lit plastic straw.
- Add straw to glass and throw against the nearest wall. 
- Consume by licking from the floor.

* Egg should be Free-Range so there is a blood trace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Cable Guy posted:

There's talk of a cocktail recipe competition at a local bar so I've been working on a variation of the Flaming Lamborghini...

Can I have mine thrown at a kid instead of the wall? Love the drink