Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Do you think there are blokes out there who have given their kid, no notes, the Major Briggs speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Could see myself doing that.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Annette McCarthy, who played Evelyn Marsh, has passed away. RIP

https://twitter.com/brxddukes/status/1612150127669420034

here is her son confirming it on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnIaE98BRnR/

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

happy day of birth to David Lynch who turned 77 today :toot:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Twin Peaks made it onto the Sight & Sound Top 250 Greatest Films of All Time twice. FWWM at joint 211th and The Return at joint 152nd. we truly do love to see it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

Twin Peaks made it onto the Sight & Sound Top 250 Greatest Films of All Time twice. FWWM at joint 211th and The Return at joint 152nd. we truly do love to see it
I haven't seen the rest of the list, but based on that, that's a drat good list

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
That’s a really interesting top 250 list, lots of stuff I’ve never heard of or films I didn’t realise were well received that I want to check out now. I’ve never even heard of their number one film of all time, Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles (1975).

I don’t know how it works but I’m guessing it’s the kind of list voted by critics where more obscure stuff has been given more votes without people expecting them to get so high, seems like a cool list though, Mullohland Dr, at number 8 is surprisingly high. Plus that film with the eyeball getting cut with a razor which you will never convince me to want to watch, it makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

chantal akerman ftw

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jeanne Dielman is fantastic but it’s also one of the most user-unfriendly movies that could have been 1 which has been making me laugh since they first announced it

Here’s the whole list for those who don’t want to google it https://www.bfi.org.uk/sight-and-sound/greatest-films-all-time

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Return is not a "film" come on.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

its the best 18 hour film ever made

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

The Return is not a "film" come on.
sure it is. what disqualifies it?

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

its the best 18 hour film ever made

:hai:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Return is my favorite Christmas movie

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

sure it is. what disqualifies it?

You would think the episode structure and weekly release schedule, on a TV network!

Idk it feels like snobbery to me. "This is great, so it must be a Film", because obviously it's too good to be a ~mere TV series~.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
it totally is snobbery and david lynch fetishism, but who cares it's just a list. it's funny they put it on there.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
It’s funny imagining the people who have never seen twin peaks but want to complete the list sitting through the whole 18 hours tbh.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm glad there's been a critical reappraisal of FWWM, I know it bombed at release for having none of the cosy camp of the TV series but I've always thought of it as one of Lynch's finest that really cut to the heart of what Twin Peaks was really getting at

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

You would think the episode structure and weekly release schedule, on a TV network!

Idk it feels like snobbery to me. "This is great, so it must be a Film", because obviously it's too good to be a ~mere TV series~.
yeah but it was produced like a film, structuring it into episodes was afterthought. its effectively a serialized film, like the extended cuts of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo or Fanny & Alexander. quality has nothing to do with it imo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I do not personally agree with The Return being classified as a movie, but it’s better than almost every single movie ever made, so I don’t care much

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

yeah but it was produced like a film, structuring it into episodes was afterthought. its effectively a serialized film, like the extended cuts of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo or Fanny & Alexander. quality has nothing to do with it imo

I think this is overstated, many episodes definitely have classic TV structure

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Werckmeister Harmonies is way too low, and An Elephant Sitting Still isn't on it at all. Weak list imo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Escobarbarian posted:

I think this is overstated, many episodes definitely have classic TV structure

And we're not just talking about the Roadhouse end credits sequences with musical guests such as The Nine Inch Nails

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Data Graham posted:

And we're not just talking about the Roadhouse end credits sequences with musical guests such as The Nine Inch Nails

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Not sure what the right drugs would be to tolerate a single 18 hour viewing session, but one day I will take them and watch The Return the way it was meant to be seen.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

best new character in the whole dang show

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Happy Twin Peaks Day everyone.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

edit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b64KyEFVhg

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 25, 2023

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bird in a Blender posted:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

https://twitter.com/DuganAmanda/status/1629068788434972675

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/mar/04/tom-sizemore-star-of-saving-private-ryan-dies-aged-61-after-brain-aneurysm-reports

Well dang.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lol

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

man how sick would it be if we had season 4 and lana played at the road house

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha :allears:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:sickos:

man how sick would it be if we had season 4 and lana played at the road house

:sickos:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lmfao

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I watched a really weird and interesting little horror movie called Antrum recently and inexplicably half way through they recreate that scene from MD.

Cool Movie! Even though its gimmick is the dumbest part about it, everything else is rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/BlueRoseMag1/status/1640822432482091008

this is probably something small but im always in for new lynch news

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 29, 2023