Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

So many little socks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

BaseballPCHiker posted:

One of the nice parts of living in an old house.

The floors and stairs squeak enough that you could wake the dead trying to sneak out.

Nope. My house was built in the late 80’s and I’ve got a few spots on my staircase that creak and all our bedrooms are upstairs.

It really loving sucks trying to get to the basement for my morning workout at 5 am before the kids wake up, doubly so when I try to come up and shower around 6 (they normally wake between 6-6:30).

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I wonder if other folks in the animal kingdom feel the same way about being a new parent. Does a zebra get tired of listening to their kit repeat the same sound over and over and over and over again? Do chimpanzees struggle to put their little ones to sleep?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Brawnfire posted:

So many little socks

So many.

There’s a pair next to the bed for when she “wants socks on” in the middle of the night, and various one sprinkled throughout the house from when she takes them off randomly. And then there’s laundry time when dad has to fold half of the load consisting only of those little things, many of them ending unmatched.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
My daughter loves just picking two different socks from the drawer so that made things easier!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Teaching my kid the word "mismatched" really upped her sock game.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

A Bad King posted:

Do chimpanzees struggle to put their little ones to sleep?

I have never felt a stronger sense of comradery than when, while visiting a zoo with our little ones, i witnessed a male orangutan being pestered by his offspring. Clearly just wanting to keep napping it basically forced itself to tumble along and play with its kid.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My child only napped for a few minutes today and she has become a terrorist sabotaging everything

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

days when they dont nap are horrific, goondolences

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

my child is now addicted to cheerios

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

GoutPatrol posted:

my child is now addicted to cheerios

The gateway drug. What's next, goldfish? Pirate booty?!

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

kecske posted:

my 3 yo came home from music at nursery last week and has been on a Gustav Holst bender ever since, demanding it constantly. Mars, Bringer of War is a hell a way to start the day

I see an easy path to getting your kid dressed in the morning
https://youtu.be/qnMG9ZNTkyE?start=94

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
DAD

DAAAAAD

DADDY

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Why do everyone have bones?

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
So I thought everything was wrapped up with divorce and child support, NOPE.
I got the “final order” in the mail today from the child support hearing. The judge stated that I didn’t provide accurate information, and that according to the DEED from the county, I’ve been working more than full time, and I make $7k a month. None of this is true. I work 3-4 days a week and I don’t make anywhere close to that much money. Anyway based on those numbers she ruled that their dad doesn’t have to pay any child support.
Obviously this is some kind of really bad error, but it says the ruling is final, and I’m freaking the gently caress out.
Anyone have experience with something like this?

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Do you have a lawyer? I would contact them ASAP.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour

sheri posted:

Do you have a lawyer? I would contact them ASAP.

Yes, I will be contacting them tomorrow to get help with filing an appeal, but I want to cry and vom at the thought of how much this is going to cost. I didn’t have lawyer representation for the child support hearing because it’s literally just math. Your income and various expenses get plugged into a calculator and it spits out a number. I have no idea how this went so horribly wrong. I’m so angry.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My ex-wife and I split up a couple of years ago, and we've got a custody arrangement over our daughter, and things have been pretty smooth, until now.

My ex-wife has gotten a new job and has requested a schedule change to keep our custody arrangement within the terms of our custody agreement. We've agreed to a schedule, but on days where she would be at work, she wants our daughter to go to her house, after school, to be watched/with her boyfriend and his kids. I'm honestly uncomfortable with the idea, and I'd much rather that our daughter come to where I live, to spend that time with me until she's out of work on those days. On days she has to work, she works 8:00am-8:00pm, and our daughter is in school and gets off the bus at either of our houses around 4:00. My work schedule is 8am-: 3:30pm, with Wednesday and Thursday off.

I reached out to my lawyer, but I'm freaking out, and I want to know if I can fight this. It's nothing personal against her boyfriend, but I don't want my six year old daughter being watched by a man I don't know. My ex says she'd never put our daughter in a dangerous situation, but I really don't like this. Do I have a leg to stand on here?

Leave fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 31, 2023

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

lobster shirt posted:

days when they dont nap are horrific, goondolences

just you wait, at some point they stop napping completely

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Leave posted:

My ex-wife and I split up a couple of years ago, and we've got a custody arrangement over our daughter, and things have been pretty smooth, until now.

My ex-wife has gotten a new job and has requested a schedule change to keep our custody arrangement within the terms of our custody agreement. We've agreed to a schedule, but on days where she would be at work, she wants our daughter to go to her house, after school, to be watched/with her boyfriend and his kids. I'm honestly uncomfortable with the idea, and I'd much rather that our daughter come to where I live, to spend that time with me until she's out of work on those days. On days she has to work, she works 8:00am-8:00pm, and our daughter is in school and gets off the bus at either of our houses around 4:00. My work schedule is 8am-: 3:30pm, with Wednesday and Thursday off.

I reached out to my lawyer, but I'm freaking out, and I want to know if I can fight this. It's nothing personal against her boyfriend, but I don't want my six year old daughter being watched by a man I don't know. My ex says she'd never put our daughter in a dangerous situation, but I really don't like this. Do I have a leg to stand on here?

Your lawyer will know the specifics of the situation and case best. If the boyfriend and your wife aren’t clearly a risk to the kid though the answer would be no - custody is custody.

Imagine if you weren’t in the picture at all - would it be okay for a single mom to have her boyfriend watch her kid? Of course it would.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

El Mero Mero posted:

Your lawyer will know the specifics of the situation and case best. If the boyfriend and your wife aren’t clearly a risk to the kid though the answer would be no - custody is custody.

Imagine if you weren’t in the picture at all - would it be okay for a single mom to have her boyfriend watch her kid? Of course it would.

I've slept on it now, and I'm feeling better about it. I'm still not crazy about it, to be entirely honest, but neither of them are a risk to her.

Thank you. It's a situation that I'm not real happy about, but if there's probably going to be nothing I can do, at least I tried.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
First case of pink eye. :toot:

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Crescent Wrench posted:

First case of pink eye. :toot:

Second case over here! Luckily we had some of the antibiotic drops leftover from the first case.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Any recs for good free to use educational apps for very young kids? It seems like a lot of them are paid and fairly expensive.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Linux is free, friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8lnrnKNIWU

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

hallo spacedog posted:

Any recs for good free to use educational apps for very young kids? It seems like a lot of them are paid and fairly expensive.

We got a lot of good use out of endless abc and endless 123. I'm pretty sure the rec came from here, but it was so long ago that I don't remember who.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I guess I should have specified for Android phone, no tablet and don't plan to get one ever

Douche4Sale posted:

We got a lot of good use out of endless abc and endless 123. I'm pretty sure the rec came from here, but it was so long ago that I don't remember who.

thanks, I'll check these out

2DEG
Apr 13, 2011

If I hear the words "luck dragon" one more time, so fucking help me...
Khan Academy Kids is a favorite. It's a lot of app for free.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

After two days spent at home (and away from the school) we have had our first successful "wanna go poop on da poddy" request.

This, of course, was after fighting all of yesterday to keep us from changing him at all. Raises my hopes for the inhome place that he'll be going to as soon as this ice storm poo poo passes.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

We are a few weeks out of getting ear tubes in and we still haven't had any issues with her ears. Hope it holds because we can't do another season of infections on a constant basis. I can't remember the last time she went this long without one

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
A van went up in flames right next to my little dude’s daycare!! Right next to the playground. Everyone is safe, but I am now seriously questioning the safety of the neighborhood.
Having a child is just so terrifying, my anxiety is getting the best of me right now.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my son wet his pants WHILE i was carrying him to the bathroom to go potty yesterday :mad:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I remember vansplosions were big in the summer of 2020 and 2021 because too many people transported and stored fireworks in vans. I dunno why vans would explode in winter tho. Did your kid get to see it like smolder or billow? I hope the fire truck honked a horn.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

KirbyKhan posted:

I remember vansplosions were big in the summer of 2020 and 2021 because too many people transported and stored fireworks in vans. I dunno why vans would explode in winter tho. Did your kid get to see it like smolder or billow? I hope the fire truck honked a horn.

Judging from the wreckage left behind, I think someone was living in the van. Not sure what made it explode. Yeah I bet the kids loved seeing a real life fire truck though!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

remigious posted:

A van went up in flames right next to my little dude’s daycare!! Right next to the playground. Everyone is safe, but I am now seriously questioning the safety of the neighborhood.
Having a child is just so terrifying, my anxiety is getting the best of me right now.

dad gay, so what strikes again

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

remigious posted:

That sounds like the opposite of a problem to me

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
Why do I feel so overwhelmed by this child support thing? I cried at work, which is not like me at all, and I felt like I’m on the verge of tears all day. I fortunately had time to go back through 2022 and print three different ways of proving my total hours worked and gross/net pay. Tomorrow I will be writing up counterpoints to the magistrate’s order, then bringing all this stuff to my attorney, in the 20 minutes I have between clocking out from work and picking up the kids.

Icing on the cake… the kid’s dad, after having the same work position for like 4 years, and having fought over visitation time, which ultimately had him take the kids every other weekend and Sunday nights….. He texts me this afternoon that he wants to change his days off to Friday and Saturday, thus abandoning his every Sunday obligation, and messing up the every other weekend thing.

It’s court ordered that he needs to take the kids every other weekend and every Sunday night. I do all my off shifts and most of my second job shifts off Sundays. So…. No? Do I tell him he needs to go to court to change it?

I can’t handle all this all at once, but compared to other things this is only a medium sized hurdle. But I am handling it, because I have to. It’s just unusually emotionally difficult.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Doesn't even seem this should be possible in the finnish system, should be the easiest thing in the world for the judge to get a complete folder on your income and tax paid from Verohallinto and that should have you know, been that. This sounds utterly inane.

This sounds dumb enough on the justice systems part that it should be a story interesting enough to get published.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

His Divine Shadow posted:

Doesn't even seem this should be possible in the finnish system, should be the easiest thing in the world for the judge to get a complete folder on your income and tax paid from Verohallinto and that should have you know, been that. This sounds utterly inane.

This sounds dumb enough on the justice systems part that it should be a story interesting enough to get published.

Pretty sure Koivunen is a U.S. resident these days. The U.S. system for income etc is ... Well, is there one? I guess not.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour

His Divine Shadow posted:

Unfortunately I’m not in Finland. I’m in the US where everything is difficult and getting help is extremely expensive. If I could take the kids and move to Finland I would be out of here so fast…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Oh sorry, I just assumed you where in Finland because of your name