Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

abigserve posted:

It annoys me that action games like GoW don't get made anymore and if you want the gameplay you have to sit through endless cutscenes and stupidity ala DMC/Bayonetta. I appreciate those games for what they are but just let me hit things with a big goddamn sword for fucks sake

Ninja Gaiden is still cool if I remember right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Ninja Gaiden is still cool if I remember right

The problem with those games is they are stupid hard whereas God of War is pretty forgiving.

I did like the restaurant fight scene at the end of Kill Bill 1 levels of blood and dismemberment in Ninja Gaiden. It made your bladed weapons acrually feel sharp.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The Messenger was great because it was just “Hey here’s some more levels for the NES Ninja Gaidens. You loved those right?” And yes I did in fact love those. 10/10.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Snoopy > Garfield

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

galagazombie posted:

The Messenger was great because it was just “Hey here’s some more levels for the NES Ninja Gaidens. You loved those right?” And yes I did in fact love those. 10/10.

I liked that game more than Hollow Knight because the platforming challenges were actually good. However there is a hidden conversation that mentions Jordan Peterson in a positive light lmao

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

limp_cheese posted:

The problem with those games is they are stupid hard whereas God of War is pretty forgiving.

I did like the restaurant fight scene at the end of Kill Bill 1 levels of blood and dismemberment in Ninja Gaiden. It made your bladed weapons acrually feel sharp.

:haibrower:

I wish they would take the new GoW mechanics and put it into a new Ninja Gaiden game.

Also the part in Ninja Gaiden where you walk up the stairs to the temple and go absolutely ham with the Kusari-gama :unsmigghh: was better than like the back half of GoW:Ragnarok

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Caesar Saladin posted:

I liked that game more than Hollow Knight because the platforming challenges were actually good. However there is a hidden conversation that mentions Jordan Peterson in a positive light lmao

It's not a positive light, the shopkeeper is clearly supposed to be an annoying idiot and is in fact explicitly punishing you with that unskippable conversation. Stop being willfully obtuse

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wolfenstein 2 shows Hitler in a positive light because it would rule to be able to just piss and barf and poo poo yourself in front of a bunch of people and not give af. The man has it made.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Snoopy > Garfield

Wow they ripped off Heathcliff. Pathetic.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Snoopy > Garfield

Everything is better than Garfield

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I want a burger time remake in a gritty and grimy 3d world.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I too would play Jack In The Box Employee Simulator

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah but you get fired for stomping the ingredients into a burger there, presumably

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Vadun posted:

It's not a positive light, the shopkeeper is clearly supposed to be an annoying idiot and is in fact explicitly punishing you with that unskippable conversation. Stop being willfully obtuse

honestly i missed it and just heard about it second hand, i'm not obtuse i'm just dumb

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I feel that as a society, we are ready for this game.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

It's called PO'ed, you fight a bunch of walking asses with a frying pan and it sucks

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The 3d xbox ninja gaiden owned. Anyone that came to my house played from the start up to the first boss guy with the nunchucks and usually got pasted.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

abigserve posted:

It annoys me that action games like GoW don't get made anymore and if you want the gameplay you have to sit through endless cutscenes and stupidity ala DMC/Bayonetta. I appreciate those games for what they are but just let me hit things with a big goddamn sword for fucks sake

HiFi Rush is like a playstation 2 devil may cry game in all the right ways

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hi-Fi Rush rules although this is not an unpopular opinion!!!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

Weird way to announce that you're bad at sex and taking a vow of celibacy but ok, go with god or whatever

lmao you have sex with computer games

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dead Space remake kicks rear end, its basically the first game (which rules) but better in every single way.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Every single game should have invasion mechanics like Deathloop or souls games, or at the very let outside players take control of enemy NPCs

Manager Hoyden fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 1, 2023

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Manager Hoyden posted:

Every single game should have invasion mechanics like Deathloop or souls games, or at the very let outside players taking control of enemy NPCs

This isn't practical.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Yeah but you get fired for stomping the ingredients into a burger there, presumably

The last thing you'd want on your burger time burger is someone else's foot fungus.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Manager Hoyden posted:

Every single game should have invasion mechanics like Deathloop or souls games, or at the very let outside players taking control of enemy NPCs

Busting into someone's Tetris game to drop thier 5x1 horizontally over a gap.

Take that, fuckface.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Literally A Person posted:

Busting into someone's Tetris game to drop thier 5x1 horizontally over a gap.

Take that, fuckface.

Hell yeah

Be the burglar in The Sims, chase some kid around as a goomba in Mario, rush the field as a streaker in Madden

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Manager Hoyden posted:

Every single game should have invasion mechanics like Deathloop or souls games, or at the very let outside players take control of enemy NPCs

Every single game should stop adding always online bullshit to enable crap like this

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

poverty goat posted:

Every single game should stop adding always online bullshit to enable crap like this

yep.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

D2R has an online mode and a single player mode but they will not save the single player saves to the cloud which is fuckin stupid

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I can't imagine, ever in my life, needing to load a save from a video game on any device other than the one I initially saved it on.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

poverty goat posted:

When Early Access survival crafting games were all the rage, the pleas for shoehorned in multiplayer was deafening.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I can't imagine, ever in my life, needing to load a save from a video game on any device other than the one I initially saved it on.

imagine a home with more than one room there Kaczynski

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

neato burrito posted:

When Early Access survival crafting games were all the rage, the pleas for shoehorned in multiplayer was deafening.

Multiplayer is the only reason to play any of those games though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

imagine a home with more than one room there Kaczynski

Imagine an open world survival game where you and Ted gotta hol up in the woods while he writes manifestos and plans terror attacks.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Beartaco posted:

Yea that's kind of like crying about arena shooters not having good SP lol

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I tried playing Dead Space 08 on my PC with an XBox controller but the dead zone while trying to turn and shoot the Necromorphs is frustrating. This issue is totally fixed in Dead Space 2 so maybe it’s something I can change in a config file somewhere. Anyone else run into controller latency playing the 08 version on PC?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Beartaco posted:

I like playing them alone and would rather devs spend time polishing SP instead of dealing with the headaches that MP introduces :shrug:

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I can't believe those out of touch fatcats believe their customers might have friends

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Manager Hoyden posted:

Hell yeah

Be the burglar in The Sims, chase some kid around as a goomba in Mario, rush the field as a streaker in Madden

Like Maddening would ever let you do something fun like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
having a rhythm component in an action game is ableist