Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Currently playing "the game of life"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

on the computer posted:

Currently playing "the game of life"

PS1 version of that is the only game I ever played with my mom.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Absolutely fantastic little cutscenes. Always made sure to skip college

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looper posted:

i also enjoyed the endgame reveal that both balan and lance, the villain, are secretly twinks when they remove their hats

Oh their names combine to make balance

Is that relevant

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Every time I see mention of the "fuel air bomb" I remember that in the game Command and Conquer Generals that the Americans got the most "heroic" superweapon because instead of using chemical weapons like the GLA or nuclear bombs or firebombing like China, the Americans had the Fuel Air Bomb which just made a really big explosion.

Also orbital lasers in the expansion I think

Ackchyually it's specifically not an orbital laser, it's a ground based laser that bounces off an orbital mirror

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

bone emulator posted:

A word like "whitewashing" but it's for describing turning scaly characters into furries

Upholstering

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/JoinDeathInc/status/1620852105845014546?t=R59XHHbWcQIGC10LyXt3Zg&s=19

Had anyone heard of this before??

The art looks great and the gameplay looks tight

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Buschmaki posted:

Apex and Titanfall are in the same universe???

Did you not beat Titanfall 2? Dude literally sticks his Apex Legends business card to your face

https://youtu.be/YJBSfdtaIoU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Looking forward to Wanted: Dead and Atomic Heart. I hope they are both good! :peanut:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/AckkStudios/status/1609240593854615557?s=20

the more that comes out about this "directors cut" the more i wonder why the devs didnt just bother to make a new game or a sequel considering how much it seems they're scrapping from the original version

there's no way its gonna be good but its kinda fascinating watching a developer's sunk cost go on like this

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Some people should never watch anime

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yes only SOME people

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm still making my way through elden ring. This game... it's so big...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Metis of the Hallway posted:

I'm still making my way through elden ring. This game... it's so big...

it really is remarkable that a game of its sheer scale was able to be sold for $60

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have heard about a thing called "crunch" recently, anyone else

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oops all berries is a much better tactic

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

its spelled crunky

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mix. posted:

https://twitter.com/AckkStudios/status/1609240593854615557?s=20

the more that comes out about this "directors cut" the more i wonder why the devs didnt just bother to make a new game or a sequel considering how much it seems they're scrapping from the original version

there's no way its gonna be good but its kinda fascinating watching a developer's sunk cost go on like this

Yiik: A Realm Reborn

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

is that the breakfast food in a box that comes with a toy?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gripweed posted:

Now that I've beaten Nier I need to choose a new game to play

Yeah

:(

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 2, 2023

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Looper posted:

there's plenty of merit to a costume based platformer where each one grants you a single specific ability. just, don't make some of those abilities activate "when they feel like it" lol. and maybe don't lock the camera to one axis of movement at a time or design it to be allergic to looking at the ground in a platformer

oh totally, I just mean it was a massive red flag to initially market the game as a NiGHTs spiritual successor when it has barely anything in common with it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

In terms of setting, tone and what little plot there is, I see it. Gives off a lot of the same feel as Journey of Dreams did.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also a good number of the costumes are redundant and are simply the same power as another costume or the same power but objectively better

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I don't see how Balan Wonderworld could possibly be anything but amazing when it gave us Farmer Ted, The Man Who Rages Against the Storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTD8mGymvJ0

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the design of farmer ted makes a lot more sense when you know the lead was trying to make money by making his game bad the game was developed inside the pacific's own bermuda triangle

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 2, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, Balan Wonderworld itself had nothing to do with the insider trading.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yuji Naka was framed

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's an obvious setup. What reasonable person looks at a mobile only battle royale and goes "that's a hot investment"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Unfortunately some people in this world are simply resentful of genius.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i spent a few hours last night searching trying to scratch some itch for a mythology-based city building game and it seems like most of my options were very old games that looked pretty dope but likely would've been a bit of a drag to wrestle old UIs and many older city builder's gameplay relied on players spending hours and hours just trying to get their basic stuff working, essentially just working towards doing everything "right" then it's just management micro and adhering to working designs. The Impressions games seemed worth a try, but there's a remake of Pharoah/Cleopatra I think coming soon. Then there's a ton of early access mythology-city type games, but many already stalling or in death spirals.

guess what i really want is Black & White + Civilization + Animal Crossing.

Somehow I have arrived at Medieval Dynasty. Seems aight so far but this is pretty much medieval minecraft, except no mining and the villagers don't make that noise and are more useful. My guess is the game will need some Valheim in it to not just be a dollhouse but im fine with the dollhouse too.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ever played Stronghold?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gonna be on a trip to the Bahamas in a couple weeks with little internet access and thinking about getting a nice RPG for my Switch for some deserted island gaming. I'm thinking between Live A Live and Dragon Quest XI.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

elden ring:

starscourge radahn might be one of the absolute coolest boss fights period

10/10

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

no I'm playing Space Hulk. I already ordered it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Elden ring !

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

WoW just brought in a monthly 'battle pass' called the Trading Post that is totally free, you complete via tasks you'd be doing anyway, you don't need to spend anything on, and it just rewards you with ingame currency to spend on cosmetics, mounts, pets

Completing the monthly challenges rewards you with a mount.
And the content is going to change each month.

It rules

Pretty Pink Princess Party is the true game
https://i.imgur.com/hlX8NTZ.mp4

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

haha what posted:

elden ring:

10/10

:hai:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haha what posted:

elden ring:

10/10

That boss canonically learns gravity magic so he doesn't crush his tiny horse, Leonard, that he loves

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Infinitum posted:

WoW just brought in a monthly 'battle pass' called the Trading Post that is totally free, you complete via tasks you'd be doing anyway, you don't need to spend anything on, and it just rewards you with ingame currency to spend on cosmetics, mounts, pets

Completing the monthly challenges rewards you with a mount.
And the content is going to change each month.

It rules

Pretty Pink Princess Party is the true game
https://i.imgur.com/hlX8NTZ.mp4

Battle pass is a funny term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Infinitum posted:

That boss canonically learns gravity magic so he doesn't crush his tiny horse, Leonard, that he loves

goated game