Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Farecoal posted:

Didn't get the Starbucks job :nsa: Feeling great and very good about myself and my situation right now :nsa:

I'm sorry friend, thats tough :glomp:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Update: no longer crying, now just simmering resentfully

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Me to my boss: I have been so busy and have had meetings all across lunchtime, oh god oh gently caress
Boss: :) I haven't had lunch either, if you want to eat, please eat during your next meeting

Chewbecca

Fucken :waycool:

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Chewbecca posted:

Me to my boss: I have been so busy and have had meetings all across lunchtime, oh god oh gently caress
Boss: :) I haven't had lunch either, if you want to eat, please eat during your next meeting

Your boss is an rear end

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

Chewbecca

Zil posted:

Your boss is an rear end

I was a lil shocked myself lol

Farecoal

There he go

Escape From Noise posted:

gently caress. I'm sorry. That's the worst feeling, getting rejected from a job you don't want, you just need. I still remember putting in an application for a job at a motherfucking dog food factory, telling from the reaction of the secretary I wasn't going to be getting it, and just thinking "What the gently caress?". I really hope you can find something soon. Does your city have an employment office? I used that before with limited success but it's an option.

Looks like Chicago doesn't really have that, or least nothing I would qualify for.

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

Love this poo poo. At a former job I quit because the boss made me work seven days in a row because of an event and got mad when I asked if I could sleep in on the eighth day. I "accidentally" overslept and he made me write a report as to why I was late. I said it was because I'd been forced to work too many days. He didn't like that and had me rewrite it and have a meeting. By the time the meeting rolled around I'd found a new job but he hit me with the classic "I know you were busy. Everyone was! I was busy too!". Busy going around hobnobbing with everyone and creeping on women at a beer event after a long week of bike rides with your rich is apparently a ton of work. :fuckoff:

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 2, 2023

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Wishing the best for you both.

Chewbecca

Love this poo poo. At a former job I quit because the boss made me work seven days in a row because of an event and got mad when I asked if I could sleep in on the eighth day. I "accidentally" overslept and he made me write a report as to why I was late. I said it was because I'd been forced to work too many days. He didn't like that and had me rewrite it and have a meeting. By the time the meeting rolled around I'd found a new job but he hit me with the classic "I know you were busy. Everyone was! I was busy too!". Busy going around hobnobbing with everyone and creeping on women at a beer event after a long week of bike rides with your rich is apparently a ton of work. :fuckoff:

The passive aggressive smiley face coupled with the me too just destroyed me lol

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

The passive aggressive smiley face coupled with the me too just destroyed me lol

Holy poo poo. She actually included the smiley face? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Escape From Noise

Lol yeah. I hate when managers pull that "me too" poo poo. Especially an owner. Because they have motherfucking equity! Also usually they're "work" is easy bullshit. So eat my fuckin rear end with that bullshit.

Chewbecca

Holy poo poo. She actually included the smiley face? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Goon its an exact quote lol

Lol yeah. I hate when managers pull that "me too" poo poo. Especially an owner. Because they have motherfucking equity! Also usually they're "work" is easy bullshit. So eat my fuckin rear end with that bullshit.

100% Its one thing to make a choice for yourself to be exploited (a dumb choice, byt yours to make). Its entirely another thing to imply "all in this together" to the people who report to you. Its loving sick imo lol

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

Goon its an exact quote lol

100% Its one thing to make a choice for yourself to be exploited (a dumb choice, byt yours to make). Its entirely another thing to imply "all in this together" to the people who report to you. Its loving sick imo lol

I guess I kind of knew it was a quote and then you really confirmed it and...god drat.

Yeah. I hate that attitude. Like if you want to kill yourself trying to impress your boss who will only notice you are willing to take on more work without complaint, go ahead. Don't get in my face about it. I still sometimes think about when I was working at a moving company and hurt my back at the end of a shift. Next that day I say my back is hosed. The next morning I call to confirm that my back is still hosed up. Boss is like "Please! We are short handed! We'll give you you a light one and we have painkillers at the office!". I should have loving hung up on him. I had something else lined up but I thought finishing my two weeks was The Right Thing To Do. I show up and the "light job" in moving a three story house with a loving elliptical machine on the third floor we have to disassemble and take down and move part of the poo poo to storage. I gently caress my back worse trying to move the machine and have to tap out. They had to call the boss and wait for him to come out. He's mad because I added time because the customers are mad. My coworker told me that he called me a pussy for being unwilling to destroy my back for minimum wage plus the rare tip. gently caress that poo poo.

Escape From Noise

I'm probably being paranoid or whatever but the restaurant manager seems to be trying to position himself as my boss. He kept telling me to write my schedule down on the calendar whiteboard. I do, he just never pays attention to it. I also tell him days before I package or brew but he's usually completely blindsided when he comes in and sees me doing what I said I'd be doing. Today he said I need to start sending him my schedule like three months out. Past a month my schedule is mostly a rough outline and subject to changes due to decisions from higher-ups, availability of supplies, etc. I'm fine with letting him know but what's this reporting to him bullshit? I know it'll end up being me sending him a schedule, having to change it at some point, him forgetting it, and him saying "But you said you were free today! I need you to deliver these kegs!!!" or some poo poo.

Chewbecca

I guess I kind of knew it was a quote and then you really confirmed it and...god drat.

Yeah. I hate that attitude. Like if you want to kill yourself trying to impress your boss who will only notice you are willing to take on more work without complaint, go ahead. Don't get in my face about it. I still sometimes think about when I was working at a moving company and hurt my back at the end of a shift. Next that day I say my back is hosed. The next morning I call to confirm that my back is still hosed up. Boss is like "Please! We are short handed! We'll give you you a light one and we have painkillers at the office!". I should have loving hung up on him. I had something else lined up but I thought finishing my two weeks was The Right Thing To Do. I show up and the "light job" in moving a three story house with a loving elliptical machine on the third floor we have to disassemble and take down and move part of the poo poo to storage. I gently caress my back worse trying to move the machine and have to tap out. They had to call the boss and wait for him to come out. He's mad because I added time because the customers are mad. My coworker told me that he called me a pussy for being unwilling to destroy my back for minimum wage plus the rare tip. gently caress that poo poo.

This is extremely hosed lol

I'm probably being paranoid or whatever but the restaurant manager seems to be trying to position himself as my boss. He kept telling me to write my schedule down on the calendar whiteboard. I do, he just never pays attention to it. I also tell him days before I package or brew but he's usually completely blindsided when he comes in and sees me doing what I said I'd be doing. Today he said I need to start sending him my schedule like three months out. Past a month my schedule is mostly a rough outline and subject to changes due to decisions from higher-ups, availability of supplies, etc. I'm fine with letting him know but what's this reporting to him bullshit? I know it'll end up being me sending him a schedule, having to change it at some point, him forgetting it, and him saying "But you said you were free today! I need you to deliver these kegs!!!" or some poo poo.

I'd be wary because at too many workplaces I have seen it that if people act like they are in charge of [thing] they end up with power icer [thing]. If old mate is artificially changing the dynamics (which may in turn gently caress you over) you should absolutely either say no, or refer him to whoever your actual boss is to request that info

Escape From Noise

We'll see. Fortunately he's dumber than a box of loving rocks. He also said he wants to be there for planning meetings which...gently caress that. I'm not making a loving milkshake IPA, ya weasel.

Escape From Noise

Dude can't take responsibility. Recently I noticed most of the tapped kegs were 10 liter kegs. We have two keg sizes: 10 and 20 liters. Generally, it's better to use 20 liter kegs for in house sales as they can't be cold shipped and we have less of them. When iestaurant manager was like "Oh, I think the part timers from Myanmar don't understand to use the 20 liter kegs.". I later asked another staff member I get along with really well and trust a lot if he knew it was better to use 20 liter kegs before 10 liter ones. His response? "First I've heard of it.". So yeah. I guess they wouldn't know if you don't loving communicate that!

Ass-penny

honestly it sounds like he rides your rear end about every little thing, I don't think that it's paranoia to say that they want to have authority over you and your position.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

honestly it sounds like he rides your rear end about every little thing, I don't think that it's paranoia to say that they want to have authority over you and your position.

:emptyquote:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lol tomorrow is my last day

Lololol

Ass-penny

Holland Oates posted:

Lololol

:toot: you made it!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

they have my consulting fee schedule in hand.

i look forward to the panic calls. lololol.

Escape From Noise

I'm glad you're finally getting out!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Holland Oates posted:

they have my consulting fee schedule in hand.

i look forward to the panic calls. lololol.

heckin sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Escape From Noise

Restaurant manager and general manager are getting involved and it's becoming too many cooks in the kitchen again. My production schedule is frozen and I can't plan my next loving kegging day even, because I keep getting told I need to delay everything. All my tanks are full so I can't brew anything else but the restaurant manager is asking for my schedule but he's not my loving boss and I can't schedule anything because there are way too many uncertainties with pretty much everything. I'm not even sure what next week looks like because of limited cold room space but they're not going to put the loving Christmas beer on tap yet because they aren't selling enough. :psyduck: I was really proud of that beer but we'll probably have to loving dump it because we absolutely need the cold room space and the kegs. We made the loving goddamn beer. Why in the name of butt loving Christ would you delay putting it on tap? IT MAKES ZERO SENSE! ARRRRGGGG!

Chewbecca

Holland Oates posted:

Lololol

:hellyeah:

Escape From Noise

I brought my beer to a relatively brewer craft beer place. The owner is pretty knowledgeable and he seemed to really like the biere de Noël I brought, as did the customers. I know I'm not king poo poo of gently caress mountain, but goddamn it! I know what I'm doing! It's goofy but I wish my company would understand this!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

LAST

DAY

LAST

DAY

LAST

DAY

HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

Ass-penny

Restaurant manager and general manager are getting involved and it's becoming too many cooks in the kitchen again. My production schedule is frozen and I can't plan my next loving kegging day even, because I keep getting told I need to delay everything. All my tanks are full so I can't brew anything else but the restaurant manager is asking for my schedule but he's not my loving boss and I can't schedule anything because there are way too many uncertainties with pretty much everything. I'm not even sure what next week looks like because of limited cold room space but they're not going to put the loving Christmas beer on tap yet because they aren't selling enough. :psyduck: I was really proud of that beer but we'll probably have to loving dump it because we absolutely need the cold room space and the kegs. We made the loving goddamn beer. Why in the name of butt loving Christ would you delay putting it on tap? IT MAKES ZERO SENSE! ARRRRGGGG!

lol imagine Christmas was two months ago and your employee already made the beer and you just shrug and say "poo poo I guess we'll loving drop it into the Pacific, lmfao

sorry that that is your life dude.

Escape From Noise

Yeah. It's frustrating. But that is life I guess.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Holland Oates posted:

LAST

DAY

LAST

DAY

LAST

DAY

HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

yeeeeeeEEEEEEEE

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
CEO: Some concerns have been raised about income disparity for women and minorities. I am pleased to announce that I have personally reviewed the salary of every person in the company and found no disparity.
My brain: There's no income disparity in a company that's 90% white and 70% male?
CEO: Yes
My brain: And this was determined by you, a white male?
CEO: Yes
My brain: And may we see any statistics whatsoever in support of your assurance?
CEO: No

Heather Papps

hello friend

there aren't a lot of us on night shift, and there are 2 women who work the 12 hour shift, so when i work it's with one or the other.

i have complained about one in this thread already but last time we worked, and this has stuck in my craw, she straight up told me i don't have any mental illness i just internalized people telling me i'm strange. i am really not looking forward to working with her again.

sure, it was maybe supposed to be complimentary, i guess, but gently caress off. there are areas i put on masks for and just because i don't seem crazy to you like 20 hours a week or whatever doesn't mean that i don't struggle the rest of the time?

i don't know. some people are incapable of hiding their emotions, i guess, and assume that people are what they project.

anyways i've been lucky, the last few shifts have been with the other person, and tonite is as well because i took someone else's shift as a favour to them.

oh yeah a thing to note is i had wondered if i had offended the nice lady, because i was always scheduled with the unkind one, but i have come to find that it's because i can stand working with her and the other people on the shorter night shift have complained, and i never have, i just worked hard to make her like me and dealt with the bullshit.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Escape From Noise

I'm actually pretty excited to make the grisette tomorrow.

Ass-penny

Heather Papps posted:

there aren't a lot of us on night shift, and there are 2 women who work the 12 hour shift, so when i work it's with one or the other.

i have complained about one in this thread already but last time we worked, and this has stuck in my craw, she straight up told me i don't have any mental illness i just internalized people telling me i'm strange. i am really not looking forward to working with her again.

sure, it was maybe supposed to be complimentary, i guess, but gently caress off. there are areas i put on masks for and just because i don't seem crazy to you like 20 hours a week or whatever doesn't mean that i don't struggle the rest of the time?

i don't know. some people are incapable of hiding their emotions, i guess, and assume that people are what they project.

anyways i've been lucky, the last few shifts have been with the other person, and tonite is as well because i took someone else's shift as a favour to them.

oh yeah a thing to note is i had wondered if i had offended the nice lady, because i was always scheduled with the unkind one, but i have come to find that it's because i can stand working with her and the other people on the shorter night shift have complained, and i never have, i just worked hard to make her like me and dealt with the bullshit.

yo that's hosed up. have you told her to keep her lovely thoughts and opinions buried deep, deep in her dead brain?

Chewbecca

I am away from work sick and people are out here ignoring my email away message by still sending emails to me? Even though in my away message I direct them to other people who could assist them straight away?? Amd they are demanding I do poo poo asap?!

And this is poo poo they could literally do themselves??!!!

I am so over this job istfg lol

Ass-penny

last night at the pizza place yesterday. first day at the prop shop tomorrow.

chewb that sounds rough!

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

I am away from work sick and people are out here ignoring my email away message by still sending emails to me? Even though in my away message I direct them to other people who could assist them straight away?? Amd they are demanding I do poo poo asap?!

And this is poo poo they could literally do themselves??!!!

I am so over this job istfg lol

firstly, hope you're feeling 100 percent better soon mate :sympathy:
secondly; what the actual gently caress. sorry the job and the people sending you emails are being one huge collective dickhead ( i imagine this to be like the Vultron of dickheads)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Big shout-out to the dumb loving rear end in a top hat who made getting up early to start my brew day loving useless by stealing my goddamn hose. I can't get things underway without it. gently caress!