Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol. Bethesda.

If the bottomless stash box was a $5 one time transaction, I would bite on it. I've spent plenty of time playing to justify that.

But not $13 a loving month.

The funniest thing about limited stash space is that it actually incentivizes becoming less invested in the game. I've come to terms with most of what I own being ephemeral and focused mostly on collecting recipes and schematics because those are effectively unlimited as long as you can get the materials.

If nothing else, you'd think they would sell extra space in blocks like the loadout and camp slots. Stash 1, 2, 3 etc. I'd probably buy one if I stacked enough atoms, I'm sure someone out there would pay for those atoms.

They should also come with extra vendor/fermenter slots just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, if I could buy another +400 for my stash space with caps, that's where they would all go.

I can't really say there's been much I've felt I have to hold onto in the game because I'll stumble into someone selling whatever it is, or a plan sold by a vendor somewhere. Just not worth the time, I've got plans and recipes to hunt down instead.

Sensenmann posted:

I use several mods just fine on public and private servers. Basically, pretty much everything you find on the Fallout 76 Nexus page is good to go.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76

Glad I was wrong.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Found some mole man guys who beep. Are they not supposed to attack you? They had mole man gauntlets but I don't think they hit me once, just kept running away (into tents so I could easily shoot them to death with my shotgun). They dropped good stuff but it was a bit... sad.

e: Mole miner, not man.
ee: Got a vampiric shotgun from one of them. This thing is brilliant!

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Found some mole man guys who beep. Are they not supposed to attack you? They had mole man gauntlets but I don't think they hit me once, just kept running away (into tents so I could easily shoot them to death with my shotgun). They dropped good stuff but it was a bit... sad.

e: Mole miner, not man.
ee: Got a vampiric shotgun from one of them. This thing is brilliant!

Treasure Hunter Mole Miners. Non aggressive, run from you if they see you.

Equip a weapon you want ammo for before you open the medium or high tier ones, they give contextual ammo based on what you have equipped. No launchers weapons, though.

Also worth noting, if you want to get rid of caps, buy the Medium pails from vendor bots. Only once per bot, after that you need to server jump to buy more.

Super Duper doesn't work when you craft them so don't bother.

Crafted pails have a much higher chance for plans and they all give contextual ammo and XP or Scrip when you open them.

And yes, it's a bit sad that they don't fight back. Seems pointless to make them non aggressive. :/

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 29, 2023

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Standard loot goblin behavior, though. It's kind of weird after the Halloween/Christmas aggressive loot goblins and they seem to haunt mostly the same areas. I think their behavior makes them less likely to he cleared, however, so I've stumbled into multiple locations with 2-3. I ran out of legendary scrip and caps on my vendors pretty quick though, so it feels kinda wasteful hunting more.

I'm annoyed to hear the crafted pails have better chances to drop plans since I just drained my caps buying plans and trying to recharge my vendors. So far I've seen "pink sprinkles" power armor paint, so I doubt I'm missing anything I would use.

Per our earlier discussion about making caps, the moonshine event will give you an ungodly amount of gulper innards, which can sell for 7 caps each with the barter perk and some grape mentats. I pretty much cleared the game vendor caps out with that alone. When I started playing you could also get huge swarms of mirelurks near Grafton dam and farm them for meat, but there haven't been any around lately for some reason.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
e: nm I thought you were talking about the general coal mine area (which I think is great btw)

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 30, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Had to kill a ghoul/scorched inside a wall because it wouldn't let me claim a workshop otherwise. Thanks, Obethesdama!

(VATSed it in the end but it took me ten minutes to find which wall she was inside.)

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Had to kill a ghoul/scorched inside a wall because it wouldn't let me claim a workshop otherwise. Thanks, Obethesdama!

(VATSed it in the end but it took me ten minutes to find which wall she was inside.)

I have run into mole rats that teleport back and forth between two locations at the Tyler County Dirt Track multiple times. There's definitely some weirdness around the workshop claiming/defense missions.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Radscorpions are the loving worst about that.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Radscorpions and Mole Rats are coded to try and emerge from their tunnels behind the player. The engine isn't tracking which way you're facing for this, it just checks the direction you're moving in.

So, simply walk backwards. ;)

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Sensenmann posted:

Radscorpions and Mole Rats are coded to try and emerge from their tunnels behind the player. The engine isn't tracking which way you're facing for this, it just checks the direction you're moving in.

So, simply walk backwards. ;)

Used this tip to blast a molerat last night. A+ would blast again.

I actually should have realized this sooner since I start running backwards firing at radscorpions, but I was always too panicked to put it together.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

NofrikinfuN posted:

Used this tip to blast a molerat last night. A+ would blast again.

I actually should have realized this sooner since I start running backwards firing at radscorpions, but I was always too panicked to put it together.

Hard same, they're one of the most obnoxious enemies before learning that trick.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

why on earth did I post this here idk

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 1, 2023

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anyone have some good settings to fix the eye adaption poo poo? Game is giving me a headache from eye strain. Never happened with any other game. :(

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Anyone have some good settings to fix the eye adaption poo poo? Game is giving me a headache from eye strain. Never happened with any other game. :(

Try putting this in your Fallout76Custom.ini (if you don't have one, just make it.)

[Display]
bAlwaysInstantEyeAdapt=1

This makes it so the changes are instant, not gradual.

There is also this load of ini entries I had bookmarked from an old Reddit post. If the above ain't doing it for you, try these and see if it works. Also goes into the Custom ini

[Main]
fImageContrastHDR=1.000
fImageContrastSDR=1.000

[Interface]
fFadeToBlackSeconds=0.2000
fMinSecondsForLoadIn=0.3000

[Display]
bAlwaysInstantEyeAdapt=1
bEnableLocalizedExposure=0
fLuminanceHistogramLogMax=3.000000
fLuminanceHistogramLogMin=-3.000000
fIBLensFlaresAnaintfar=0.800000
fIBLensFlaresBloomint=0.350000
fIBLensFlaresGlobalIntensity=0.17000
fIBLensFlaresLrange=5.000000
fVolumetricLightingDensity=0.500000
fVolumetricLightingDensitySize=2.700000
fVolumetricLightingIntensity=18500.000000
uAverageLuminanceConfiguration=1
uIBLensFlaresAnablurradiusX=0.070000
uIBLensFlaresAnablurradiusY=0.000100
uIBLensFlaresBloomradius=0.0017
uIBLensFlaresLateralRepeat=0

[Enlighten]
bEnableEnlightenDistantData=0
bEnableEnlightenEnvMaps=0
bEnableNodataFallback=0
bUseEmissiveInEnlighten=1
fExteriorBounceScale=0.000000
fExteriorsCubemapsIntensitySpikeAttenuation=-15.000000
fSkyCubemapTerrainAlbedoContribution=0.150000[Main]
fImageContrastHDR=1.000
fImageContrastSDR=1.000

[Interface]
fFadeToBlackSeconds=0.2000
fMinSecondsForLoadIn=0.3000

[Display]
bAlwaysInstantEyeAdapt=1
bEnableLocalizedExposure=0
fLuminanceHistogramLogMax=3.000000
fLuminanceHistogramLogMin=-3.000000
fIBLensFlaresAnaintfar=0.800000
fIBLensFlaresBloomint=0.350000
fIBLensFlaresGlobalIntensity=0.17000
fIBLensFlaresLrange=5.000000
fVolumetricLightingDensity=0.500000
fVolumetricLightingDensitySize=2.700000
fVolumetricLightingIntensity=18500.000000
uAverageLuminanceConfiguration=1
uIBLensFlaresAnablurradiusX=0.070000
uIBLensFlaresAnablurradiusY=0.000100
uIBLensFlaresBloomradius=0.0017
uIBLensFlaresLateralRepeat=0

[Enlighten]
bEnableEnlightenDistantData=0
bEnableEnlightenEnvMaps=0
bEnableNodataFallback=0
bUseEmissiveInEnlighten=1
fExteriorBounceScale=0.000000
fExteriorsCubemapsIntensitySpikeAttenuation=-15.000000
fSkyCubemapTerrainAlbedoContribution=0.150000

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Why on earth is there a caps limit? That's dumb.

And :tipshat: to the guy who dumped a bunch of legendaries, The Fixer and 2,000 .45 at my feet when I checked out his camp. If I'd been using a mic I'd totally have refrained from commenting on the waifu with the bomb collar.

Sensenmann posted:

Try putting this in your Fallout76Custom.ini (if you don't have one, just make it.)

[Display]
bAlwaysInstantEyeAdapt=1

This makes it so the changes are instant, not gradual.

There is also this load of ini entries I had bookmarked from an old Reddit post. If the above ain't doing it for you, try these and see if it works. Also goes into the Custom ini

I actually found that same post in the meantime I think, but thanks, it helped some. Guess I really have to enable the Nvidia overlay to gently caress with the brightness.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Caps would be worthless if they weren’t. Get a pink asylum hat for ten million caps? Just creates a skewed economy that locks out new and lower level players.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
My problem is that I've run out of places to dump the caps. If I could convert the full 40k into one Atom, at least that would keep me on the treadmill.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

My problem is that I've run out of places to dump the caps. If I could convert the full 40k into one Atom, at least that would keep me on the treadmill.

Same. If I'm lucky I run into someone who sells a couple thousand .45 or whatever else I need but that's about it.

Serum recipes, maybe?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Go buy gold from the guy upstairs at the Wayward. 300 gold for 6000 caps.

Only once a week though.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

7c Nickel posted:

Go buy PA plans from vendors. There's like 1.3 million caps worth of plans to collect!

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Go buy PA plans from vendors. There's like 1.3 million caps worth of plans to collect!

I've bought them all, that's why I was complaining.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Go buy gold from the guy upstairs at the Wayward. 300 gold for 6000 caps.

Only once a week though.

This however I didn't know. Thanks.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The cap limit is also why people will list rolls of toilet paper for 10k caps, or some random note. You make the caps someone else's problem when you buy 10k cap toilet paper out of a camp vendor.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The cap limit is also why people will list rolls of toilet paper for 10k caps, or some random note. You make the caps someone else's problem when you buy 10k cap toilet paper out of a camp vendor.

Wait, does that work? I could be getting thousands of caps for my preserved pies and you have been insulted notes? I was sure it was just some weird meme.

I wonder if the people cleaning out my bulk listings are just blowing off caps. Who needs that many units of rubber and bone shards?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's literally just a way to burn caps, that I've noticed. If for some reason you don't like running around at max caps, you can buy 10k toilet paper. If the vendor owner is already at max caps too, those 10k just disappear.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
There's also a long-standing rumor that if your vendor is bought out, it'll start listing things from your stash instead so people put up stupid common items at max price to try and prevent that from happening. I'm not sure if that's ever been officially confirmed as a bug though, I think it's just people being paranoid.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I've only been able to confirm there's a weird bug with adding items to an existing listing that eats up additional vendor slots. It's annoying as hell though, because I eventually have to delist the whole shot, take the vendor down and relist it all. Now I just occasionally delist a tab and relist it with new additions instead of adding on the fly.

The vendor system is a pretty crazy and busted inventory hack for what was only ever meant to be a single player game.

Somehow the Ammopoints system is even clunkier.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

plainswalker75 posted:

There's also a long-standing rumor that if your vendor is bought out, it'll start listing things from your stash instead so people put up stupid common items at max price to try and prevent that from happening. I'm not sure if that's ever been officially confirmed as a bug though, I think it's just people being paranoid.

That actually was a thing but it's been fixed quite some time ago.

For it to happen you had to have a camp FT point very close to your vendor, so close to it that a potential customer could make it to the vendor before the engine finished loading everything in.

Very rarely you could hit the vendor and see things that obviously weren't meant to be there, usually happened to people with max or glitched camp budgets. You had to be fast and basically buy blind, that's why people listed 40k toilet rolls and other stuff to prevent a clean out.

If I remember correctly, it's been listed in the patch notes as "fixed an exploit related to vending machines" or something along those lines.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I did a couple more daily ops over the weekend and got the absolute opposite ends of the spectrum. One day was robots in the burrows (?) with savage strike and extra speed, the next mole miners in Watoga high school with camouflage and i think perception?

The burrows are an absolutely miserable map. Blind tunnels and roadblocks that look like tunnels everywhere. I'd spend minutes running toward markers only to have to double back and the enemies were 50/50 split between being nowhere to be found and being everywhere. Only the first run with the cultists was worse and that was more a matter of me being unprepared. Does savage strike cause ridiculous crits? I was managing a gutsy just fine and suddenly spiked from like 75% health to down. I was already tilted, this was just extra.

Watoga high school? I could blindly run toward the objective marker and be there in seconds. I managed elder tier for the first time, but it was close. Is there any way to speed up the transmitters? I spent most of the run just waiting for them at 1x and ended up just barely getting the elder tier time.

Just absolutely wild swings in difficulty. If this is the only way to get the recon armor I will probably be stuck with the right arm forever.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

A few of the maps are terrible doodoo for this kind of arena gimmick, yeah that's one. You can take some time and just fart around exploring without pressure to learn the layout and it's not as bad but some of them like the sewer map don't feel like they ever get easier.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

I did a couple more daily ops over the weekend and got the absolute opposite ends of the spectrum. One day was robots in the burrows (?) with savage strike and extra speed, the next mole miners in Watoga high school with camouflage and i think perception?

The burrows are an absolutely miserable map. Blind tunnels and roadblocks that look like tunnels everywhere. I'd spend minutes running toward markers only to have to double back and the enemies were 50/50 split between being nowhere to be found and being everywhere. Only the first run with the cultists was worse and that was more a matter of me being unprepared. Does savage strike cause ridiculous crits? I was managing a gutsy just fine and suddenly spiked from like 75% health to down. I was already tilted, this was just extra.

Watoga high school? I could blindly run toward the objective marker and be there in seconds. I managed elder tier for the first time, but it was close. Is there any way to speed up the transmitters? I spent most of the run just waiting for them at 1x and ended up just barely getting the elder tier time.

Just absolutely wild swings in difficulty. If this is the only way to get the recon armor I will probably be stuck with the right arm forever.

The Burrows is simple for Uplink but absolutely miserable for Decryption DOs. I'd just avoid it unless on a team with people who know what they're doing.

All enemies in Decryption DOs have armor penetrating rounds, so either go stealth or high health to survive.

Or go low health but make sure you have a good set of perks. Ricochet, Serendipity and especially Dodgy, if you have the AP to run that, are really, really good here.

The swing in difficulty is because they are 2 different DOs. One is Uplink, be stationary until the bar is full, run to the next, repeat, murder the boss, done.

Decryption isn't much more difficult it just requires a different approach. :)

If you have enough health to tank some AA hits, go loud. Enemies will come to you and you don't have to hunt them down which, especially in the Burrows, is bloody annoying.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Sensenmann posted:

The Burrows is simple for Uplink but absolutely miserable for Decryption DOs. I'd just avoid it unless on a team with people who know what they're doing.

All enemies in Decryption DOs have armor penetrating rounds, so either go stealth or high health to survive.

Or go low health but make sure you have a good set of perks. Ricochet, Serendipity and especially Dodgy, if you have the AP to run that, are really, really good here.

The swing in difficulty is because they are 2 different DOs. One is Uplink, be stationary until the bar is full, run to the next, repeat, murder the boss, done.

Decryption isn't much more difficult it just requires a different approach. :)

If you have enough health to tank some AA hits, go loud. Enemies will come to you and you don't have to hunt them down which, especially in the Burrows, is bloody annoying.

Well, I feel dumb for not making the connection between those names and objectives. For some reason I just thought it was random objectives. I haven't messed with stealthiness since I started encountering things I couldn't one-shot, so I guess I need to work on my sturdiness.

Maybe I will collect full suits of troubleshooters/assassins/etc power armor and just game the factions that way. I can probably get away with saving 2-3 suits and an alternative on my combat armor. (Which I might need to replace with something sturdier.)

For more life are we talking max endurance plus the life perk? I mostly avoid high endurance because perks around food and disease seem like a waste and there aren't a lot of must-haves. I always take fireproof and if I am going without power armor, ironclad.

Regarding dodgy, I never pay attention to my action points because I don't use VATS. I think the only time I really drain the bar is sustained sprints, jetpacks and chainsaws. Maybe I should give it a shot.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

all that is what multiple build slots are for. it really stops being a big deal to have dramatically different SPECIAL loadouts, that's one of the things 76 does well in the late game even if it's not presented too well when you first get access to it.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

all that is what multiple build slots are for. it really stops being a big deal to have dramatically different SPECIAL loadouts, that's one of the things 76 does well in the late game even if it's not presented too well when you first get access to it.

Yeah, I caught on to this a bit ago and have a build for crafting/vendoring, Primary (Heavy Guns) Secondary (Shotguns) and just bought another for experimenting with other builds. It's too bad you can't lock changes on a template so it reverts if you swap something temporarily, but it's overall very slick.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

One thing I wish the SPECIAL slots had was a persistent memory of which cards I was sharing to my group between loadouts. I have three loadouts, one for day-to-day, one for crafting and a third for build gently caress-around. But every time you swap a build it unshares any perk cards you were sharing, and you have to manually re-share cards between builds.
Not a game breaker in a game full of game breakers over its history, but still annoying.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

Well, I feel dumb for not making the connection between those names and objectives. For some reason I just thought it was random objectives. I haven't messed with stealthiness since I started encountering things I couldn't one-shot, so I guess I need to work on my sturdiness.

Maybe I will collect full suits of troubleshooters/assassins/etc power armor and just game the factions that way. I can probably get away with saving 2-3 suits and an alternative on my combat armor. (Which I might need to replace with something sturdier.)

For more life are we talking max endurance plus the life perk? I mostly avoid high endurance because perks around food and disease seem like a waste and there aren't a lot of must-haves. I always take fireproof and if I am going without power armor, ironclad.

Regarding dodgy, I never pay attention to my action points because I don't use VATS. I think the only time I really drain the bar is sustained sprints, jetpacks and chainsaws. Maybe I should give it a shot.

You can, of course, aim for Assassins/Troubleshooter whatever armor but, quite frankly, it's not needed. Aim for a full set of Secret Service armor, or BoS Recon, and that should be plenty. Try rolling a full set of the same modifier to get the most out of it. Unyielding is the obvious choice for low health. For full health, Overeaters is really great and there is food everywhere. Get one of the two food mutations and you're good to go.

Never not use Fireproof. Iron Clad, on the other hand, is a waste. I've never used it. Not once.

Dodgy is really great. If you play in full Unyielding gear at 19% health you won't even notice the AP loss even when you're getting swarmed.

For full health you want Action Boy/Girl in your perk loadout or, if you don't have that much Agility and don't really care about it, armor with AP Refresh.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dodgy is great for pretty much any build except for stealth, I like it a lot.

I never got to the point of having so much surplus bullshit that I was able to collect a perfect gear set but on the other hand I never felt like it mattered for any of the content except for the couple of event bosses, I have a good time with a bunch of completely different full health builds in stuff like Hellcat PA with mostly random legendary mods, one character has a full set of Thorn armor with random legendary mods. I know it's the Thing You Do in this game to farm up perfect low health gear but I just never bothered, there's a lot of really strong weapons that felt great like the flamer, the shredder minigun (now there's several variations on this, that's good), melee sneak attack in the Chinese stealth suit, 2-shot Auto Grenade Launcher, sneaky commando/sniper etc. Don't feel like you can't play just fine without that stuff.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Sensenmann posted:

Never not use Fireproof. Iron Clad, on the other hand, is a waste. I've never used it. Not once.

I never really mathed it out, does it amount to too many perk points for the protection offered? If so, I imagine the same goes for Evasive, Barbarian, etc?

Low life builds give me anxiety, so I will probably need to go with the alternative. I'm usually pretty full on food/water and I slam stimpacks like a bad habit and still accrue more than I can carry. I will look into Overeaters stuff next time I roll some armor.

Right now, I'm wearing basically the same sturdy combat armor I upgraded to a little after level 50. I dropped shadowed and made it brotherhood/ultra light. For the most part, I manage okay in terms of taking hits. It seems like I get hit the hardest by liberators of all things. I have had yao guai and grafton monsters wreck me if I let them get close, though, so I'm not sure which damage type I'm lacking in the most. It usually doesn't matter in power armor, except when savage strike is active or I'm getting swarmed by firestarters in eviction notice.

Is gourmands a good weapon roll if I'm using overeaters, or is it just outclassed by other damage increasing mods? I've been surprised to find that my +25% damage while aiming gauss shotgun seems to keep pace with my aristocrats despite having much lower base damage.

Anyway, thanks for the tips, it's very helpful.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

oops, forgot to mention a quad full-auto railway rifle is VERY GOOD for VATS Commando usage, for daily ops I would switch to this for the end boss and usually wipe it by myself if I was the first one to find it. Other mods don't matter too much, if you have a full load of AP and you can just mag dump 40 spikes into a target's head it's going to gently caress them up regardless of map mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

I never really mathed it out, does it amount to too many perk points for the protection offered? If so, I imagine the same goes for Evasive, Barbarian, etc?

None of them are worth it. Blocker, Ricochet, Serendipity and Dodgy are the best defensive perks and whatever Barbarian, Evasive or Iron Clad offer is absolutely not worth it compared to those. I mean, Iron Clad is the best example. It's 5 perk points. Fire Proof and Cola Nut or Rejuvenated are also 5 points. The latter is a good idea. The former is not. :)

quote:

Low life builds give me anxiety, so I will probably need to go with the alternative. I'm usually pretty full on food/water and I slam stimpacks like a bad habit and still accrue more than I can carry. I will look into Overeaters stuff next time I roll some armor.

Low health builds take some getting used to, mainly because 81% of your health bar is red due to the radiation to keep you in Nerd Rage territory (plus keep Emergency Protocols active if in PA) but once you got used to it you'll probably wonder why it took you so long. My current low health build is so tanky I literally watch full health builds die during events while I just murder everything left and right.

However, if low health gives you actual anxiety, don't do it and play the way you enjoy the most. There is no right or wrong way. There are poo poo builds but that's a whole different story. :)

quote:

Right now, I'm wearing basically the same sturdy combat armor I upgraded to a little after level 50. I dropped shadowed and made it brotherhood/ultra light. For the most part, I manage okay in terms of taking hits. It seems like I get hit the hardest by liberators of all things. I have had yao guai and grafton monsters wreck me if I let them get close, though, so I'm not sure which damage type I'm lacking in the most. It usually doesn't matter in power armor, except when savage strike is active or I'm getting swarmed by firestarters in eviction notice.

Do you use Blocker? If not, use it. Blocker is a must have against all types of Melee attacks.
Liberators deal energy damage and the Mark IV and Vs can hit like trucks. If you're in PA, the LP Electric Absorption makes this a non issue. Outside of PA, leather armor has the highest energy resistance but it's not a good idea against enemies using bullets. So, unless you're in PA, kill them faster. ;)

Savage Strike, as mentioned, is best countered by a combo of Blocker, Ricochet, Serendipity and Dodgy. For Firestarters, same thing, really. Fireproof helps a bit. Sizzling Style, if you have a set of matching armor, helps a bit. Problem is that they use a modified Assault Rifle that literally fires Floater Flamer grenades in bullet form. They just hit hard and should be dealt with quick. If you run into them, or know you are about to, pop a Stimpack or a Super Stimpack right before you start engaging. That should outheal the incoming damage for long enough.

quote:

Is gourmands a good weapon roll if I'm using overeaters, or is it just outclassed by other damage increasing mods? I've been surprised to find that my +25% damage while aiming gauss shotgun seems to keep pace with my aristocrats despite having much lower base damage.

Gourmand isn't bad but to get the max out of it, which is 24% damage increase, you need to be fully fed AND fully hydrated. It's 12% from each.

Aristocrats should be better as that caps out at 50% damage at 30k+ Caps but the 25% damage while aiming on the Gourmand might make it strong enough to compete with your Aristocrats.

Personally, I'd recommend Anti-Armor, Vampie or Executioners.

quote:

Anyway, thanks for the tips, it's very helpful.

My pleasure, really. :)