Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Waiting for the report that Mohamed Atta was visited by Jolly's ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
jolly west flight school

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jolly west school for kids who can disassociate real good

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Jolly west school for the performing marks

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Jolly Wests Orphan Home for Gifted Shots

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

West Langley Technical Institute

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

Waiting for the report that Mohamed Atta was visited by Jolly's ghost

I saw a tweet the other day that Mohamed Atta was on the FBI no-fly list that was recently hacked and leaked

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

I saw a tweet the other day that Mohamed Atta was on the FBI no-fly list that was recently hacked and leaked

there were a bunch of them with different dobs. it's a decently common name in Afghanistan

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Those Jaunty Young Men and Their Jolyon Schemes (1976)
2/4 stars. More kooky capers from the Jolly Boys, but the formula is wearing thin now. Buddy Hackett has an execrable cameo as the despicable dean of "Spanview Hospital" - cue the wacky music and obvious gags about mental illness. For superfans and series completists only.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

Not really much reason to take him off, I guess

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

When were the delayed jfk files rescheduled to?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

re: Chester M. Pierce, who Wikipedia also says helped coin the term "microaggression"

drat someone wrote a nice lil' paper about him when he was elected president of this insane society

lemme just scroll on down and-

big ups 2 this thread for reminding me of the joy(lon) in reading old papers.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

nut
Jul 30, 2019

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
MOTHERFUCKER!

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
who is this jolly west guy anyway. I haven't done any work to figure it out but it sounds like he gave people a lot of LSD so it's hard to say if he's bad or not

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Othopsychiatric?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Normally giving people a huge amount of lsd is incredibly based

But what if you were a huge psychopath???

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
(wipes sweat from brow after clearing the last shrub of the day on the Bush ranch)

Mohammed...

(smiling contentedly, whispering) ...Atta boy.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

nut
Jul 30, 2019

that's nothing, another of jolly's collaborators, ronald k. siegel, wrote a bunch about drug use and stress in hallucinations (will try to track down some pdfs sometime) but wikipedia just taught me something else about him that makes Tusko look like it aint poo poo

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

who is this jolly west guy anyway. I haven't done any work to figure it out but it sounds like he gave people a lot of LSD so it's hard to say if he's bad or not

He was like the internal affairs guy for US domestic happenings for several decades,

Popping in to jail cells to ask, "hey fella, why'd you (start a murder cult / do a mass shooting / murder the president's assassin / bomb a federal building )?"

Instead of recognizing it as the federal government employing literally one dude to run post-mortems/exit interviews on America's underlying sickness in a cynical display of "see? we're helping!",

Folks choose to believe he's a wizard.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

i wanna listen but 11 episodes is just too much, my epstine brain is small and weak

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Victor Vermis posted:

He was like the internal affairs guy for US domestic happenings for several decades,

Popping in to jail cells to ask, "hey fella, why'd you (start a murder cult / do a mass shooting / murder the president's assassin / bomb a federal building )?"

Instead of recognizing it as the federal government employing literally one dude to run post-mortems/exit interviews on America's underlying sickness in a cynical display of "see? we're helping!",

jolly is fun, but part of why i like looking at all old papers is you realize pretty quickly that if u think jolly is an op, just wait til u find out everyone else was doing it with cia money or not

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Victor Vermis posted:

cool so he's an acid slinging wizard-psychopath

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Victor Vermis posted:

thats just because he wears a robe and wizard hat

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Delta-Wye posted:

thats just because he wears a robe and wizard hat

Yeah in fairness I can't explain how he splashes around in elephant guts all night.

Ever seen the size of an elephant turd?

Any mortal man would be gassed after 5-10 minutes splashing around those massive intestinal turd chutes.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Jolfrey Wepstein

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Louis al-Dajjolyon Gharb

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i hadnt seen this one before, lol if true

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Looks more like Jean-Luc Brunel.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

is that OJ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Delta-Wye posted:

i hadnt seen this one before, lol if true

that outfit looks a little loud for anywhere except the usvi

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

that outfit looks a little loud for anywhere except the usvi

it's definitely maxwell and a friend in the lil st james house

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

nut posted:

re: Chester M. Pierce, who Wikipedia also says helped coin the term "microaggression"

drat someone wrote a nice lil' paper about him when he was elected president of this insane society

lemme just scroll on down and-

big ups 2 this thread for reminding me of the joy(lon) in reading old papers.

I would love a deep dive book/podcast/whatever rec into how psychology and psychiatry was cultured to become another weapon in the deep state arsenal in the 20th century, something that I implicitly know is true

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Why are they always in the Navy at the beginning

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

cool so he's an acid slinging wizard-psychopath

that's Sidney Gottlieb

basically he's a CIA psychiatrist who is basically the Forrest Gump of the Epstein thread timeline, in that it seems like every time there's a major event, he's there in the background

the degree to which one thinks he is actually driving things is correlated with how much one thinks MKULTRA poo poo was both ongoing and effective after the program's supposed shutdown

nut
Jul 30, 2019

my bony fealty posted:

I would love a deep dive book/podcast/whatever rec into how psychology and psychiatry was cultured to become another weapon in the deep state arsenal in the 20th century, something that I implicitly know is true

imo it was, in part, psychiatry/psychology's attempt to be included among the "more seriously taken" sciences (at that point including biology, but the number one every discipline was trying to imitate was newtonian physics). The first "modern" universities were Protestant and German and, for many reasons, represented an institution-level break between science and theology (and also science from history, social sciences, arts...). Part of this break was the concept of agency in animals/matter/cells/etc, which was overtly removed from scientific research. Science was then destined to study the world primarily via passive mechanism, where everything was incapable of generating its own actions, instead only responding to external stimuli like a robot. Agency was reserved for god through other disciplines, namely theology. This isn't the origin of this divide and there were researchers who tried to fight it, but its a period where passive mechanism became hegemonic in universities.

So now you have newtonian physics, where everything is just matter being pushed around from outside (newton was religious and assumed all movement and force originated with god), heralded as the prototype your work should aspire to. This perspective, consciously or not, shaped science to focus on mechanistic studies in which you are trying to control your subject and, by extension, the technologies you develop to do so. Cutting out a brain region, removing sensory enrichment, mutating a gene to metaphorically "remove" it, giving a drug etc...

It's far from the only factor at play, of course, but it explains how easily science is then co-opted as a source of new tech for control of (ultimately) humans when psychology wanted in on it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

my bony fealty posted:

Closest we got is Watched over by machines of loving grace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

500excf type r posted:

Why are they always in the Navy at the beginning

For one thing, the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) is the oldest element of the US intelligence octopus.