Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

He's a born racist, instinctual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
You simply cannot teach this level of racism

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
3 years at Crawley for boss who proves you don't need to be conscious to be a racist but he is a racist

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lmao the report wording is even worse

quote:

The report stated how, in his defence, Yems "categorically denied that he was in any way racist" and that he "might be viewed as an 'old school' football manager who might be 'robust and industrial' in his use of language; indeed, he fairly acknowledged that he had been less concerned about speaking in a politically correct manner than he should have been".

In the report's summing up it stated that Yems "is a man of jocular disposition. His aim is to encourage bonding among players by cracking jokes and joining in fun with them".

But it went on to say that "he has no appreciation that much of the sort of language which might have been in common usage some 40 or 50 years ago has no place in modern society".

The report went on to state: "There was a considerable weight of evidence to the effect that Mr Yems was in the habit of, in his perception, cracking jokes which were perceived as racist by those who were the butt of the jokes.

"Probably, Mr Yems gave no thought at all to the effect of his language on those at whom the 'jokes' were aimed.

"Nor did he give any thought at all to the likely reaction of others to the language he used."

John Yems 'desperate to learn about racism', says the FA

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Isn't he supposed to have segregated the dressing rooms?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Going to have saying Arnie's name but with the n word at the end embedded into my head every time I say his name forever thanks John

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
No "robust and industrial" language please, we're British.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I'm a proud oval office muncher

e: misread

Wonton
Jul 5, 2012
Live by the sword die by the sword, no sympathy if he gets shanked

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

john yems simply fell behind the times, its all about gegenpressing and anti chinese racism now.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
A new Malky MacKay has arrived on the scene

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is there a slur he didn't use?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there a slur he didn't use?

I see no mentions of banking or controlling the weather

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

someone get big dave whelan’s views on this

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

idk whats more insane to me… what Yems said or the fact the FA are apologists for him

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

de curry GOAT posted:

idk whats more insane to me… what Yems said or the fact the FA are apologists for him

It's not the FA, the FA are very much protesting this. It was an independent panel.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1615791139126185997

quote:

The Football Association says it "fundamentally disagrees" with the view of an independent panel that comments made by ex-Crawley Town boss John Yems were "not a case of conscious racism".

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Isn't it just pretty much boilerplate to say that you're going to punish people for their behaviour rather than their theoretical motivations, seeing as it's virtually impossible to prove conclusively and just ends up muddying the waters?

You had very similar language around the Suarez and John Terry cases, that they couldn't show that screaming racist abuse at someone makes you officially a racist, but in the end it doesn't matter because that's not the substantive allegation that's being charged.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/alex_crook/status/1616027094265331712

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Jose posted:

Going to have saying Arnie's name but with the n word at the end embedded into my head every time I say his name forever thanks John

wait till you find out what schwarze means

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Footyhub01/status/1616484520332492811

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Is this one of those Spanish court verdicts that generate headlines like 'messi to face LIFE IN JAIL for tax fraud or pay a small fine'

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

clickbait sentencing

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

the sex ghost posted:

Is this one of those Spanish court verdicts that generate headlines like 'messi to face LIFE IN JAIL for tax fraud or pay a small fine'

It's not a verdict, it's just not granting him bail.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Juventus docked 15 points in Serie A by Italian federation for false accounting

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Juvenron

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

so they didn’t bribe the right people, or

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1621147184375930888

like a new signing

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What the loving gently caress?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/uk-sport-news/manchester-united-footballer-mason-greenwood-26140868

quote:

A CPS spokesperson said: “We have a duty to keep cases under continuous review. In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction. In these circumstances, we are under a duty to stop the case.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What's even the point of reporting anyone if he gets away with that

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it was a violent rape literally recorded at the time it was happening right?!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think she decided not to testify anymore, given what they said about loss of key witnesses. These things happen a lot.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Lol The United Way

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Didn't man united sack him as soon as the video leaked or is he about to make the comeback of the year

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Either way: not good! Especially since the twitter is just people who haven't read the statement from the CPS and think he's been completely exonerated

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

the sex ghost posted:

Didn't man united sack him as soon as the video leaked or is he about to make the comeback of the year

Nope he's still under contract I think. Not trained with the squad for a full year at this point though.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
I often wondered what it would take to get a player from a big team rung up and I figured that video stuff would meet the threshold

Any Newcastle players under investigation? Trying to see if we can get the whole top 4 in for a huge party

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Vegetable posted:

I think she decided not to testify anymore, given what they said about loss of key witnesses. These things happen a lot.

She's reportedly back with him, so that's probably why she's no longer testifying

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1621197887378964480

Hopefully this means they're looking into how to terminate his contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

two weeks fine and that’s that