Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dejan Bimble posted:

Would you guys rather the new series be set in eternal early 90s or would you rather see it set in modern times?

Even the original run made 2000's references. :shrug:

I'd be cool if the whole show just stayed in the time period before 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KoTH spent more time in the 2000s than in the 90s. It captured the zeitgeist of the decade far better than The Simpsons.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

You would maybe need to update things like the tv setup and characters having modern cell phones, but that’s it.

Though it’s kind of funny that a late season episode was Peggy and Luanne getting an HDTV and being overwhelmed by the resolution

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hillenium, the episode devoted to y2k, was is the middle of season 4. Great episode except I would think Hank even when insane would have remembered not to varnish indoors.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

bobjr posted:

You would maybe need to update things like the tv setup and characters having modern cell phones, but that’s it.

Though it’s kind of funny that a late season episode was Peggy and Luanne getting an HDTV and being overwhelmed by the resolution

AND the sound, they couldn't turn it off! Stop the madness, dad!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's gonna be prestige koth with a mysterious premise. Maybe it's the far future... Or the distant past!

They'll be reimagined as traveling magical carnies! Or the sole survivors of a plane crash in a remote Texas island! Or Arlen now has a time traveling cave! Or Stickland Propane decides to hire severed workers!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Dammit Joe Jack, if you call me an "innie" one more time I'm gonna kick your rear end!

naem
May 29, 2011

External Organs posted:

Or Stickland Propane decides to hire severed workers!

Dang ol’, drillin’ yer head dang ol’ severance man I tell you what, goin’ t’ work dang ol’ can’t remember nothin’, what’s with them goats man dang ol’ mystery

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'd be cool if the whole show just stayed in the time period before 2016.

I mainly just want the show to avoid the overdone culture war topics of the past few years. Unless they have a truly great and new take, we don't need episodes on trigger warnings or safe spaces or whatever other issue that was already beaten into the ground years ago.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

the whole revival is going to be a mini series about whether pineapple goes on pizza

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
Cotton comes back as a ghost that only Dale can see or hear.

Hank doesn’t believe him, bill is jealous he doesn’t get a ghost friend, and boomhaur says that cotton is definitely in hell except they all react like he said something nice about him.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Dale would assume a ghost of cotton was a conspiracy hologram/broadcast directed at him.

The show tends to stay sort of grounded though so it would be a weird direction for an episode

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Instead of the last episode revealing Boomhauer is a cop it instead reveals he’s a vampire hunter.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

ilmucche posted:

Dale would assume a ghost of cotton was a conspiracy hologram/broadcast directed at him.

The show tends to stay sort of grounded though so it would be a weird direction for an episode

Buckley’s ghost and Cotton’s ghost are roommates as a spin-off series

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

namlosh posted:

Buckley’s ghost and Cotton’s ghost are roommates as a spin-off series

Guest starring: fiddy men!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Chicken butt

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bobjr posted:

Instead of the last episode revealing Boomhauer is a cop it instead reveals he’s a vampire hunter.

I would watch the hell out of this

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Mods please don't change my name to Monstrous Rape Dolphin

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

I'd watch a series starring the ghosts of Cotton, Buckley, fiddy assorted German and Japanese dudes, and Cotton's shins.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Prof. Banks posted:

I'd watch a series starring the ghosts of Cotton, Buckley, fiddy assorted German and Japanese dudes, and Cotton's shins.

I guess there could be a few I-talians too.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

are his shins one character or two?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

MisterDuck posted:

Cotton comes back as a ghost that only Dale can see or hear.

Hank doesn’t believe him, bill is jealous he doesn’t get a ghost friend, and boomhaur says that cotton is definitely in hell except they all react like he said something nice about him.

Lmao

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

*paraphrasing*

Cotton:

served with one of your tribe. Good man. Named Brooklyn, you know him?

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

External Organs posted:

Guest starring: fiddy men!

Two and a half of a hundred men

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Well I don't mean to brag about the steaks here, but, Dad, you can take out your teeth.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hazo posted:

Despite being a lovely "let's make fun of commies, hippies, and the ACLU" plot, the Phish gathering episode has some great lines.

hooooo boy if you dont think hippies are exactly like that then you have not met any real hippies. the shot that has the suv with the "save the earth" bumper stickers tearing up the turf and the hippies destroying a bird's nest without noticing as they play frisbee is one of the truest-to-life scenes in this show

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

"This isn't one of those clove cigarettes, is it?"

"Nah man, it's the chronic, from Mexico."

"Huh, drat NAFTA. It's clearly an inferior tobacco."

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Fur20 posted:

hooooo boy if you dont think hippies are exactly like that then you have not met any real hippies. the shot that has the suv with the "save the earth" bumper stickers tearing up the turf and the hippies destroying a bird's nest without noticing as they play frisbee is one of the truest-to-life scenes in this show

I like Phish.

Shut up Dale

Hazo fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 2, 2023

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

*paraphrasing*

Cotton:

served with one of your tribe. Good man. Named Brooklyn, you know him?

I know a Joe BrookSTEIN...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cosmik Slop posted:

I know a Joe BrookSTEIN...

That's him!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Ugh, what happened? The last thing I remember was being kicked by a horse.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hazo posted:

Mods please don't change my name to Monstrous Rape Dolphin

The “monstrous” and “rape” are implied when you say “dolphin” alone.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

A MIRACLE posted:

Ugh, what happened? The last thing I remember was being kicked by a horse.

What episode is this? Trying to Google this just gives me stories of actual people getting kicked in the head by a horse

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The new show should go back in time and show all the character's grandparents so it'd be set in the mid 1920's/30's

I'm thinking Cotton's dad looks and talks exactly like Hank and teenager Cotton looks and talks like Bobby

The Bible
May 8, 2010

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

What episode is this? Trying to Google this just gives me stories of actual people getting kicked in the head by a horse

Rodeo Clown.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
So do you think Hank actually likes The Great Gatsby or he just liked the patio furniture and tolerated the references to the novel?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The new show should go back in time and show all the character's grandparents so it'd be set in the mid 1920's/30's

I'm thinking Cotton's dad looks and talks exactly like Hank and teenager Cotton looks and talks like Bobby

I always thought that Hank just looked and acted more like his mother rather than Cotton, which also explains Cotton’s dislike of him because he’s a constant reminder of her.

The only complication to that theory was that Junichiro also looks like Hank.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 3, 2023

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Testikles posted:

So do you think Hank actually likes The Great Gatsby or he just liked the patio furniture and tolerated the references to the novel?

"This George fella's a dumbass, I tell you hwut"

from what I can google the gatsby collection looks extremely expensive, hard to see hank spending that kind of money outside of getting a new roof or an everlasting haircut

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

hank can't really do fine metalwork so he has to buy his own patio furniture. and dammit its gonna be nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I imagine Hank would hate the book but respects its place in the American canon. It'd also fit his expectations of New York. I think he loves his patio and is a sucker for fine craftsmanship.