Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah gently caress it I’m gonna just post:

A friend just sent me this article and said it was interesting and I laughed and said yeah this dude is definitely mad at women because he can’t get laid and now the friend is mad at me because I “don’t understand and he does because he has a degree in psychology and he finds things like this fascinating” and now my brain is draining out of my ears

https://markmcdonaldmd.substack.com/p/why-american-women-are-undatable

someone sees an opportunity to fill the void andrew tate is leaving. holy moly what a bitter screed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
RIP to a ton of good automated twitter accounts

https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1621162343039406084

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

RIP to a ton of good automated twitter accounts

Gonna have to finally figure out Mastodon to see pictures of cats, dogs and raccoons and possums throughout my day.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Gonna have to finally figure out Mastodon to see pictures of cats, dogs and raccoons and possums throughout my day.

toot lifestyle getting pretty good, just needs more sports still.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/abbyvesoulis/status/1620930207812325376?s=46&t=3-fb-dg6Yvs17iMsOZjFsQ

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm confused. She says this is about her and her husband, but the guy says his wife is a senior software tech and her bio says congressional reporter.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I can relate to that guy. Everyone calls me "Guardian" IRL and it feels good to be respected.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I demand my wife introduce me as police officer. I'm a moderator of an online forum and I've been assured that's basically the same thing. This gives me reasonable license to carry a gun and arrest people. If she tries to undermine me at parties by pointing out my experience as a police officer is based on giving people probations for refusing to shut up about their titty miniatures game in the board game thread, she's sleeping on the couch!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
Some powerful male fragility posted in the past few pages.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah gently caress it I’m gonna just post:

A friend just sent me this article and said it was interesting and I laughed and said yeah this dude is definitely mad at women because he can’t get laid and now the friend is mad at me because I “don’t understand and he does because he has a degree in psychology and he finds things like this fascinating” and now my brain is draining out of my ears

https://markmcdonaldmd.substack.com/p/why-american-women-are-undatable

Oh fun, it's the same repackaged bullshit about American women that PUAs have been spouting for decades but with less blatant vulgarity and praise for Eastern European/Southeast Asian/whatever group they see as less "poisoned" by feminisim.

Also I guarantee by carefree and charming he's meaning "never pushes back when I say gross poo poo or violate boundaries". It has the same whiff of a guy who gets extremely mad when a woman calls out a gross sexist thing he did because we just can't take jokes and his mom/girlfriend thinks it's fine.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I joke that I've been called a fat ugly lesbian frequently enough by men that I decided to just go ahead and be one. It wasn't really the deciding the factor at all and I've always been bisexual and romantic relationships with women aren't easy either but I do not miss when I waa only on hetero dating scene at all.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
My girlfriend makes a lot more money than me; I’m a feminist now.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Leperflesh posted:

I demand my wife introduce me as police officer. I'm a moderator of an online forum and I've been assured that's basically the same thing. This gives me reasonable license to carry a gun and arrest people. If she tries to undermine me at parties by pointing out my experience as a police officer is based on giving people probations for refusing to shut up about their titty miniatures game in the board game thread, she's sleeping on the couch!

Remember that :acab: includes :mods:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m thinking about fluffy rolls and biscuits.

Steam coming off when you slice ‘em in half.

Delicious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Also I guarantee by carefree and charming he's meaning "never pushes back when I say gross poo poo or violate boundaries". It has the same whiff of a guy who gets extremely mad when a woman calls out a gross sexist thing he did because we just can't take jokes and his mom/girlfriend thinks it's fine.

The carefree thing is hilarious to me because every human being in the world would like to complain about some poo poo that has happened to them. And maybe you bond that way since you can relate.

Or maybe you're a jerk.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m thinking about fluffy rolls and biscuits.

Steam coming off when you slice ‘em in half.

Delicious.

Wow that's hosed up

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Wow that's hosed up

Even more hosed up: I like preserves on my biscuits more than butter :devil:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
A restaurant that can make a good biscuit is close to priceless. Doubly so if they use them to make breakfast sandwiches.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Even more hosed up: I like preserves on my biscuits more than butter :devil:

why not both :clint:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

A lot of dudes—and very specifically most white straight dudes—cannot deal with a world where every surface has not been greased and every edge sanded to perfection for minimum resistance to their bullshit.

It’s really quite something. I’m sure as a younger man and a teenager I had some of that in me, but it doesn’t hold up to even the slightest scrutiny.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

The carefree thing is hilarious to me because every human being in the world would like to complain about some poo poo that has happened to them. And maybe you bond that way since you can relate.

Or maybe you're a jerk.

Also that. That guys gives off a lot of "Look women and their problems need to stay womens problems that they talk out with their other lady friends or potentially a gay male. Now my problems on the other hand are real and true and women need to provide unwavering enthusistic support." vibes. I'm fairly laid back about dumb online bullshit but very few things trigger an automatic angry response like that whole "feminisssssssts ruined America. Women" screed. Too close to some lived experiences, my friends.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Should I move to Alaska? My wife got offered a job there that pays a ton and has a huge relocation and sign on bonus. I don't know what I would do there though, its on an island that has a clinic, but no need for an anesthesiologist as anything needing that goes to Juneau. Its pretty far south, so the weather isn't that bad (25/38F are low/high average temps in January). I think it might be fun to do for a few years, but we would be really isolated from any family and friends, town is only 8k people, and on an island. While it seems like a cool adventure and could be fun, the uncertainty of me finding a job (unless I could do research remotely) makes it tough, plus I am not sure if it would get old fast being that small.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

swickles posted:

Should I move to Alaska? My wife got offered a job there that pays a ton and has a huge relocation and sign on bonus. I don't know what I would do there though, its on an island that has a clinic, but no need for an anesthesiologist as anything needing that goes to Juneau. Its pretty far south, so the weather isn't that bad (25/38F are low/high average temps in January). I think it might be fun to do for a few years, but we would be really isolated from any family and friends, town is only 8k people, and on an island. While it seems like a cool adventure and could be fun, the uncertainty of me finding a job (unless I could do research remotely) makes it tough, plus I am not sure if it would get old fast being that small.

a whole lot of drinking is what you'll do.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've spent more time playing Skyrim than Liz Truss spent as Prime Minister of the UK so I would insist my wife refer to me as "Dovah-Kiin"

This is probably why I don't have a wife.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Just keep in mind that you'll have to go to Seattle for some major medical proceedures and it gets pretty expensive. I've heard Juneau's pretty decent over all and since it stays pretty mild compared to the rest of Alaska you're not as likely to be trapped in never ending darkness. We considered it or Anchorage when my partner gradutaed from grad school with her masters in teaching and education but decided to stay in Seattle since the pay wasn't enough to offset other expenses and the time I'd be out of work.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Those jobs get offered to people with huge pay and benefits because nobody will fill them or anyone who takes those jobs leaves after a year.

I, personally, would do it (but my wife absolutely would not) but I have lived in a tiny village before and I seem to enjoy active social engagement and the hermit lifestyle more or less equally. Probably we'd leave after a couple years of like, no good indian food, no career advancement opportunities, and constant exposure to the depressing poverty and decay of most every isolated rural community in the country. I'm making some assumptions here obviously.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Manoueverable posted:

A restaurant that can make a good biscuit is close to priceless. Doubly so if they use them to make breakfast sandwiches.

It’s so dank

Especially when they get the texture balance perfect and the bite is just that heavenly experience!!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm just looking forward to Swickles sled dogs posts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

swickles posted:

I lived in Anchorage for a couple years when I was a toddler, so while I don't remember it, my parents didn't hate it. My mom liked being able to watch the sunrise with her morning coffee at 10am. Of course that was in the largest city in the entire state, not an island with 8k people. Keep in mind every single perishable good they don't make locally is gonna be super expensive.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Was the offer made by a polar bear as a trap?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

I lived in Anchorage for a couple years when I was a toddler, so while I don't remember it, my parents didn't hate it. My mom liked being able to watch the sunrise with her morning coffee at 10am. Of course that was in the largest city in the entire state, not an island with 8k people. Keep in mind every single perishable good they don't make locally is gonna be super expensive.

Yeah, for a hot second I was considering taking a job in Nunavut Canada, which is so remote that Amazon killed free shipping in Canada because of how expensive it was to get anything there.

Also a really dumb day on twitter was someone going through how it was impossible to maintain a vegan diet in northern canada because all the staples are literally 20x the cost of the US

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

swickles posted:

how do you feel about living in a quonset hut

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

swickles posted:

It sounds amazing, but I'd spend a week vacation there or something before making the call. Tough to speculate on what life is like in a remote 8k village in Alaska while sitting in Miami.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/JScottShep/status/1620891553660305409

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

Also a really dumb day on twitter was someone going through how it was impossible to maintain a vegan diet in northern canada because all the staples are literally 20x the cost of the US

Yeah I sorta assume preserved meat and cheese is basically a staple there

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Qwijib0 posted:

toot lifestyle getting pretty good, just needs more sports still.

If you haven't already, keep up with the sportsfolk on Twitter by using the bot mirroring accounts at sportsbots.xyz with your Mastodon account. It's not perfect but it scratches the sports itch.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Netflix announced something similar a couple of days ago to stop people from account sharing, I wonder who came up with their idea first.

E:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1620698418149752834

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I was going to post this as well. Joe Manchin: man of the people, man of the American Left.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/...ingawful.com%2F

These people are a loving wonder.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

swickles posted:

So, Sitka, I assume. I have family in Juneau and spent two summers there, and I've stopped by Sitka for a few hours on a ferry trip. It's nice! Very pretty. There is fairly easy access to Seattle because Alaska Airlines runs 737s to those towns constantly, especially in summer. But yes, small town island life gets constrained fast. Juneau is technically on the mainland but is cut off by road so it acts like an island, and after a few months even 30,000 people feels small.

Plus the weather can get pretty rotten. One summer I was up there it rained nearly every day. The winters are apparently clearer because the jet stream shifts south, but the equinox storms in the Fall can get really nasty.

Fishing is absolutely top notch, good hiking (watch for bears). But yeah it's not for everyone. I'd visit before signing on to anything long term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

LeeMajors posted:

I was going to post this as well. Joe Manchin: man of the people, man of the American Left.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/...ingawful.com%2F

These people are a loving wonder.

gently caress it, every day they can spend pretending like the latest culture war topic is an existential threat is another day they don't have to answer why "the greatest country on earth" "can't afford" the basic safety nets and government services provided by every other wealthy country on Earth.

e: Holy poo poo, I knew Anchorage was bigger, but the capital of Alaska has 30,000 residents??