Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

dogstile posted:

I'm getting so tired of landing massive shatters and it not mattering because even tho i hit kiriko + their tank her E's travel time just means they stand up anyway.
Same but with nades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They should remove the one thing that makes playing Support remotely fun in any way. All of the abilities that have any effect on the match.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Why doesn’t Kiriko get any MIT points for suzu-ing a DPS ult? I prevented a death blossom from killing me and our tank and you’d never know it looking at the stat panel.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dick Jones posted:

Why doesn’t Kiriko get any MIT points for suzu-ing a DPS ult? I prevented a death blossom from killing me and our tank and you’d never know it looking at the stat panel.

Blizzard is just a small indie company, cut them some slack.

Malah
May 18, 2015

dogstile posted:

I'm getting so tired of landing massive shatters and it not mattering because even tho i hit kiriko + their tank her E's travel time just means they stand up anyway.

Giving characters easy immunes is so dumb. It's not even a "oh hey this is fun to do" outplay, its a giant aoe freebie.
I'd like to see it work like nano: you look at someone, you press the button, suzu buff applies. Hell, if they want to be nice they can give it nano's instant* application. Single target, no travel time bullshit. Excellent contrast to immort.

*1% failure rate due to latency, die mad about it

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

They should remove the one thing that makes playing Support remotely fun in any way. All of the abilities that have any effect on the match.

Yes, this is exactly what i'm saying, not that giant AOE immunities are bullshit.

Go back to complaining about how you can't follow a tank.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The suzu either needs to be changed to single target like nano or her other abilities need to get nerfed to compensate.

The only comparable support powers are anas nade and sleep and her balance comes from a severe mobility issue which kiriko does not have. Lowering kiris heal is a step in the right direction, it was/is flat out better than mercy's in almost every way.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Mercy's no travel time for the heals is an excellent trade off, at least.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

dogstile posted:

Yes, this is exactly what i'm saying, not that giant AOE immunities are bullshit.

The thing with these situations is, and its not just you in this situation, and I know you play support too, but in terms of the general form of "you", your giant AOE Earthshatter seems to be somehow skillful, sexy, cool, part of the essence of a first person game, but the support's AOE that was used to exactly cancel out yours on reflex and anticipation is unskilled, a "freebie" in your words, and seems to go against not just the spirit of fps games but basic human decency.

Blizzard can keep listening to that kind of opinion if they like, but they may have to gently caress with their queueing system even more to keep those times down.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 2, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The thing with these situations is, and its not just you in this situation, and I know you play support too, but in terms of the general form of "you", your giant AOE Earthshatter is somehow skillful, sexy, cool, part of the essence of a first person game, but the support's AOE that was used to exactly cancel out yours on reflex and anticipation is unskilled, a "freebie", and seems to go against not just the spirit of fps games but basic human decency

one is an Ultimate and one's an ability on an (admittedly long) cooldown, so I can understand why it feels like bullshit.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

one is an Ultimate and one's an ability on an (admittedly long) cooldown, so I can understand why it feels like bullshit.

Where Rein just needs to charge an ult and then try to win a teamfight, Kiriko needs to Suzu many different abilities that have teamfight winning potential.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Where Rein just needs to charge an ult and then try to win a teamfight, Kiriko needs to Suzu many different abilities that have teamfight winning potential.

Yeah but Ultimates are meant to feel impactful, you've worked to build them. It feels lovely when a character can just press button to nullify ult, it's yet another thing the Rein player has to play around to get any value, and it's made worse by the fact that it goes off after you think you've succeeded.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

dogstile posted:

I don’t know what you want supports to do if they can’t have abilities like that. That’s the whole point of Overwatch supports, sounds like you just got outplayed.

E: I get that it sucks, but that’s the whole Rock Paper Scissors nature of the Overwatch design.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

IMO, kirkios problem isn't the suzu itself but instead the fact that she can be anywhere and do anything. She has powerful heals, solid damage, top tier mobility, AND one of the best support powers in the game. Top it off with an absolutely bonkers ultimate and she's just the full package with no downside.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dogstile posted:

Oh no, someone used an ability to counter my ability, woe is me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yeah but Ultimates are meant to feel impactful, you've worked to build them. It feels lovely when a character can just press button to nullify ult

I agree, Dva's Ult should ignore Rein's Shield.
It's a feelbad when a character can just press a button to nullify an Ult.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1621222034029019138

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Rein's shatter wind up is designed to be counterable if you react within that window. It feels cheap kiriko can be a few fractions of a second slower to react, get knocked on her rear end, and then everyone just pops up like nothing happened. It's not that bad gameplay-wise, it just feels bad because you landed your shatter.

it's hard to land a good shatter, and you should be rewarded if you get the right people in it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I agree, Dva's Ult should ignore Rein's Shield.
It's a feelbad when a character can just press a button to nullify an Ult.

It's mainly this bit

it goes off after you think you've succeeded.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My biggest issue with Kiriko is that they haven't made all of the other Supports as impactful as her, and they should.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Alright, I think that gimmick has worn its course out.

Stop using frozen tilesets and doing nothing with ice environmentals you cowards!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Give Ana triple headshot modifier. Fun guaranteed.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

also, rein is the main character of the game, and everyone else should be designed around his greatness.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Maybe we’re getting a mythic Mei skin in S3. But I have the feeling mythic skins will be on a damage -> tank -> support cycle

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Dick Jones posted:

Maybe we’re getting a mythic Mei skin in S3. But I have the feeling mythic skins will be on a damage -> tank -> support cycle

It's kiriko

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Issaries posted:

Give Ana triple headshot modifier. Fun guaranteed.

Hear me out: If there's one thing movies have taught me it's that tranquilizer darts are most effective when they land on someone's hips or rear end.

We need an rear end critbox.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

headcase posted:

Rein's shatter wind up is designed to be counterable if you react within that window. It feels cheap kiriko can be a few fractions of a second slower to react, get knocked on her rear end, and then everyone just pops up like nothing happened. It's not that bad gameplay-wise, it just feels bad because you landed your shatter.

it's hard to land a good shatter, and you should be rewarded if you get the right people in it.

honestly one of the most fun things in this game is countering a Rein's shatter as a Sigma or Ram. But it's the difficulty of doing so that makes it fun

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Father Wendigo posted:

Hear me out: If there's one thing movies have taught me it's that tranquilizer darts are most effective when they land on someone's hips or rear end.

We need an rear end critbox.

Finally a Mei nerf

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Yeah but Ultimates are meant to feel impactful, you've worked to build them. It feels lovely when a character can just press button to nullify ult, it's yet another thing the Rein player has to play around to get any value, and it's made worse by the fact that it goes off after you think you've succeeded.

See this is the thing, if Kiriko is just "press button to nullify ult" as you say, why is Rein not "press button to wipe enemy team"? Is it just the bar that Rein charges first? Everything a support does somehow becomes lesser.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Brendan Rodgers posted:

See this is the thing, if Kiriko is just "press button to nullify ult" as you say, why is Rein not "press button to wipe enemy team"? Is it just the bar that Rein charges first? Everything a support does somehow becomes lesser.

Shatter is countered by any sleep, stun, shield, personal shield (zarya), fortify, hook. The chances of getting a kiriko in range are not even that great, and she can shift away. Teams are already so spread out, tanks are basically unaffected by getting knocked down for a few seconds.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

If you don't know what the mechanical and emotional differences between ults and abilities is then idk what to tell you.

Also lol at the idea that Kiriko is "somehow lesser" my dude, her ult is one of the best in the game and is almost impossible to interrupt.

Wait, I've got an idea. Make Ana's nade cleanse Kiriko's ult if it hits it. Perfect counterplay.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

If you don't know what the mechanical and emotional differences between ults and abilities is then idk what to tell you.

Also lol at the idea that Kiriko is "somehow lesser" my dude, her ult is one of the best in the game and is almost impossible to interrupt.

Wait, I've got an idea. Make Ana's nade cleanse Kiriko's ult if it hits it. Perfect counterplay.

I love it, I hope that gets patched in.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
What’s the ideal power level of support then? Kiriko isn’t that strong and is probably the level that supports should be at if they want people to keep playing support.

If they just want supports to be heal bots then remove them from the game and add passive healing.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Lord Packinham posted:

What’s the ideal power level of support then? Kiriko isn’t that strong and is probably the level that supports should be at if they want people to keep playing support.

If they just want supports to be heal bots then remove them from the game and add passive healing.

The support on your team should be powerful, they have to keep the tank up and also heal the DPS, while tanking the enemy team.

The support on the enemy team? They should only be able to provide a token amount of healing while being easy to shoot.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

tbh I'm a support main, I don't have a massive problem with Kiriko (I can't play her for poo poo, I usually plan Ana, Moira, or sometimes Zen), I just am sympathetic to Rein mains who finally land a shatter only to have it nullified.

And also I loving hate having my nades be functionally worthless as well.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I would like these shatter nullifying Kirikos on my teams lol

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Ok dumb question, i haven't been able to play much OW2 and i can't get Rammatra in a reasonable time as a result (i don't even know how that works, TBQH). If i buy a later battle pass, do i get locked characters from prior seasons too? Getting Rammatra right away isn't a priority for me, but when i have time to start playing again, i might buy a battle pass just to unlock all the characters i couldn't get.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

leftist heap posted:

I would like these shatter nullifying Kirikos on my teams lol

it's a ridiculously tight window to execute on successfully and is latency dependent to a point that i wouldn't really expect anyone to do it more than 50% of the time outside of absolute top tier MMR or pro, at least on pure reaction

if you're getting it nullified that much then my bet is you're giving the game away too early by e.g. running forwards in a way that makes it obvious you're about to earthshatter, which helps prep the kiriko to be ready to suzu. the easier you are to read, the easier it is to nullify earthshatter, which is why i also recommend getting that stupid loving football skin for reinhardt because the audio cue is completely different in terms of timing and will gently caress up most kirikos as a consequence

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
thats the most compelling argument again train conductor reinhardt skin i've ever heard. Will consider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Mister Fister posted:

Ok dumb question, i haven't been able to play much OW2 and i can't get Rammatra in a reasonable time as a result (i don't even know how that works, TBQH). If i buy a later battle pass, do i get locked characters from prior seasons too? Getting Rammatra right away isn't a priority for me, but when i have time to start playing again, i might buy a battle pass just to unlock all the characters i couldn't get.

You only get the current one from battle pass.
There are easy challenges you can complete to unlock each previous new character or you can just buy them from the shop.