Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 87

A rare double panel from me to celebrate the end of a major storyline.

A huge congratulations to Mr. Steak, Sister Make, Cousin Cake, Uncle Fake, and Mackerel Cornflake!
What a beautiful ending to that storyline as well.
It was ~1,505 days of Crime NEET. I really can't believe how long this has been going for!
Thank you, Daiisuke, for continuing to produce this strange pixelated webcomic all these years.

All the translators have been super amazing, and I really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into consistently posting updates day after day after day for years.
Mackerel Cornflake, thank you for sticking with the story for so many years! And for taking on the Millionaire Timeline too!
And thank you for taking the other timeline off my hands, haha.
Mackerel Cornflake will continue with the Internet Game Junkie Timeline, so please continue to support them on their Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/mackerelcornflake Though I'm not sure if they will make a SA new account for it or not.
I will be focusing on just the Part-Timer NEET from here on out, unless something small pops up.

There are many, many more years of NEET ahead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

One of the panels contains someone showering, so I'm spoiler-tagging it just in case.

End of Page 13

Edit: Forgot to say it was the end of the page :doh:

I guess this is the end of the line for this account. Hurray, I can finally close one of these browsers that I keep constantly open! :toot:
Mackerel Cornflake will be taking over this storyline from here. Thanks!

Kin Sake fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jan 30, 2023

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

zmcnulty posted:

I've unfortunately read up to episode 6 (it ends at 7) of this crap and can assure you it's a waste of a time. It's a waste of time to read it in the first place, let alone translate the drat thing. Translating it can't be even remotely efficient considering it's all done MSPaint.

Goons don't need any additional insight into how NEETs live, just open any E/N thread with a basement-dwelling 30-something retail or call center goon describing themselves as "smart but lazy," then take away the job.

Quoting this burning hot take from page 1 for posterity

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

zmcnulty posted:

I've unfortunately read up to episode 6 (it ends at 7) of this crap and can assure you it's a waste of a time. It's a waste of time to read it in the first place, let alone translate the drat thing. Translating it can't be even remotely efficient considering it's all done MSPaint.

Goons don't need any additional insight into how NEETs live, just open any E/N thread with a basement-dwelling 30-something retail or call center goon describing themselves as "smart but lazy," then take away the job.

:wrong:

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Time to get weird about it

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Kin Sake posted:

One of the panels contains someone showering, so I'm spoiler-tagging it just in case.

End of Page 13

My first post of Internet Game Junkie timeline. Like Brother Make said, there's enough left to keep the two of us busy for YEARS. :toot:

For those of you reading by filtering posts, you can catch the beginning of the Game Junkie Timeline here.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

committing internet seppukku the right way

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

its over

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
After they finally got the silver drop, too...

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
ACBC? Like Kimagure Orange Road?

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

There's a pun, or at least something lost in translation, here. He's using the same word to describe the date as the process of checking out the route, both are "previews" in some sense. So I guess he's saying both that this isn't a full date and also they are previewing the new location / route.

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 31, 2023

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lmao he's just right behind them

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The Daily Life of a Certain Third Wheel

Cobra Lionfist
Jun 4, 2013
He's slowed down to keep at pace, rain be damned.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I was gonna joke "They know about everything... even the piss bottles" but I then I remembered that was an actual thing that happened

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Neet buy a rad car at fatal levels of financing

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Neet buy a rad car at fatal levels of financing

This sentence made me laugh

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
I'm actually kinda loving part-time NEET's new trajectory.

He proved himself as an asset to his workplace both as a bug-finder and being affable enough to unite and challenge his coworkers to the point that his immediate supervisor saved Izawa's job in order to keep Tohru onboard. And Tohru himself is completely oblivious to it!

It's fun watching him grow and mature slowly and subtly. Excellent comic

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

these people are much less interesting than enami please neet author i beg you

dont buy a car in metro Japan dumbass

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

:emptyquote:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Space Kablooey posted:

Yeah, they're due for a year long arc amounting to a plot cul-de-sac before we never see them again

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

This entire conversation going out over a voice activated mic would be the most entertaining thing going on in the game.

"Oh no! My teammates have discovered why I'm on 24 hours a day and suck rear end half the time! Curse you and your smoking hot mom!"

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Space Kablooey posted:

I like that I can't tell if this statement is supposed to be pro- or anti- 2-year-long gamer brothers arc.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

snot nose might actually kill his brother for that

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
next three months preview:

I wonder.. do I have enough?

3,000 yen.. that could get me a few bowls of ramen and some natto. But why would I want that, natto is kind of gross, isn't it?

With a license, I could get to work faster. I wonder if Anamuna-san has a car.. But do I even want to get to work faster? It's annoying to work, after all...

Also, what if I applied for a license and then failed the test? That would be a waste of ¥3,000. Plus, the embarrassment if someone found out.

I'd always be known as a failure who couldn't pass the driving exam. I bet even Princess would laugh at me.

But with a license I could go anywhere I please! Game centers, game stores, food stores. The freedom afforded by a car would be incredible, wouldn't it?

I've decided! I'm going to save up ¥3,000 and apply for a license!

Wait, parking is expensive as well. Also, I don't have access to a car. Does a car cost more than ¥3,000?

(googles car prices)

Oh.. I guess I won't get a license after all.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ALFbrot posted:

next three months preview:

I wonder.. do I have enough?

3,000 yen.. that could get me a few bowls of ramen and some natto. But why would I want that, natto is kind of gross, isn't it?

With a license, I could get to work faster. I wonder if Anamuna-san has a car.. But do I even want to get to work faster? It's annoying to work, after all...

Also, what if I applied for a license and then failed the test? That would be a waste of ¥3,000. Plus, the embarrassment if someone found out.

I'd always be known as a failure who couldn't pass the driving exam. I bet even Princess would laugh at me.

But with a license I could go anywhere I please! Game centers, game stores, food stores. The freedom afforded by a car would be incredible, wouldn't it?

I've decided! I'm going to save up ¥3,000 and apply for a license!

Wait, parking is expensive as well. Also, I don't have access to a car. Does a car cost more than ¥3,000?

(googles car prices)

Oh.. I guess I won't get a license after all.

Well, at first I thought "3000 yen? Buddy if you can't save 30 bucks to get your license, how you gonna afford a car" but I think the translators have been localizing yen to dollars, and he means it'll cost ~$3000 to get his license... I assume because you have to take classes and such.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ALFbrot posted:

My kid loves natto and he isn't even Japanese. He calls it "spider beans" because the strands look like spiderwebs. :3:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Well, at first I thought "3000 yen? Buddy if you can't save 30 bucks to get your license, how you gonna afford a car" but I think the translators have been localizing yen to dollars, and he means it'll cost ~$3000 to get his license... I assume because you have to take classes and such.

Same.

"How much is that in Life Experience?"

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Pham Nuwen posted:

the translators have been localizing yen to dollars

Yes, it'll always be in dollars or Pokédollars.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
This probably won't end well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I hope Gorou the Elder learns a good lesson from this and turns his life around instead of committing self defense on Gorou the Younger