Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Because the Raiders are loving dogshit dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
If he gets hurt in the pro bowl, the raiders are on the hook for his 2023 salary lol.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lol can they even cut him right now?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lmao so do we now know why Carr wasn’t allowed to pursue a trade all of a sudden?

They don't really need him to 'yet' I guess would be the only reason? They need him to really soon, but not now. The Senior Bowl is this weekend which might be a schmoozing opportunity with teams who may be interested (and who Carr may not be interested in because he can shut that down right away with the no trade clause).

There's no real reason to screw the guy over, I can't figure out any motivation to just keep him and cut him.

In other words

No Butt Stuff posted:

Because the Raiders are loving dogshit dumb.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The Broncos have traded:
Von Miller
Noah Fant
Shelby Harris
Drew Lock
Bradley Chubb
Charles Cross (draft pick)
Boye Mafe (draft pick)
Darrian Kinnard (draft pick)
Jonathon Ford (draft pick)
2023 1st
2023 2nd
2024 2nd
2025 5th

In return they've received:
Russell Wilson
Sean Payton
Nik Bonitto
Eyioma Uwazurike
Chase Edmonds
Luke Wattenberg
2023 3rd
2024 3rd
2024 4th

Help, someone who is good a budgeting tell me why my team sucks.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Russel and Payton are so easy to dislike, I can’t wait for next season

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Denver will 0-2 against kc again no need to waste your energy

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i just want to 2-0 the loving raiders at this point. i will worry about the chiefs later. crawl, walk, run!

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Sean Payton seems like a guy I would not get along with at all

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have no opinion on Payton.

I do think another Payton in Denver is easy to digest though and if Carr stays in Vegas those two can have the Eyelash Bowl twice a year sure

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers exist, in theory.

No one should hate them as they are irrelevant

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Historically I’ve liked a few Chargers like Derwin, Herbert, Mike Williams from the current team are all pretty great. For some reason as a teen I loved Quinten Jammer maybe bc of the name or how weirdly good he was in Madden. Even Merriman was a fun villain.

Can’t stand Keenan Allen, chirps nonstop at Chiefs DBs and then just goes to the sideline with a towel over his head because his hammie hurts

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Is there any football name better than Boogie Bashem?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers exist, in theory.

No one should hate them as they are irrelevant

I love their uniforms but hate their ownership.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I absolutely despise Philip Rivers. The rest I don't really think much about one way or the other.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I miss Rivers and will miss Carr.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

I miss Rivers and will miss Carr.

Rivers was like 13-2 vs KC to start his career and ended like 14-15. So weird.

I think he said once that Arrowhead was his favorite place to play

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wasn't "worse day ever" at Arrowhead

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
yeah it was. Think that game was on SNF? I know Todd Haley was still coaching them when that happened.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Wasn't "worse day ever" at Arrowhead

It was.

I think his last game as a Charger was at arrowhead too. And the Mike Williams walk off

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Simplex posted:

I absolutely despise Philip Rivers. The rest I don't really think much about one way or the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twgHdFC4VA

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I loving hated Shaun Phillips and Merriman. If injuring raider QB's got you into the pro bowl, those guys would be first ballot hall of famers. I enjoyed watching Rivers lose, but he was a likeable enough guy. LdT I hated out of pure jealousy. He and Jamaal Charles both would've been like all time favorite players if they were raiders. But they spent their careers dunking on us twice a year instead. :sigh:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
No idea what the Raiders are doing btw

The beat writers are melting down about Brady retiring saying that was Plan A but no one really knows what any of the Plans are. Half the fan base thinks we're a qb away from playoffs and the other half thinks we should blow it all up. The list of qbs that could play for the team next year is basically a list of past or current Patriots. The Raiders only have one qb on the roster (assuming Carr is gone) and that's Chase Garbers

The possible qbs next year are like Jimmy G, Stidham, jacoby brisset, carr(?), Rodgers(??), trade for mccorckle, or I guess draft a qb somewhere in the first three rounds so next year really does seem like a punt year to I guess stack talent using the billions in cap space they have and draft Caleb

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They’re drafting at number 7. I assume that either they swing and miss wildly at a QB, the somehow have Stroud fall to them, or they just stick their heads in the sand and draft a DE.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/dmacwake316/status/1621159720123011075?s=46&t=3-fb-dg6Yvs17iMsOZjFsQ

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Can we just talk about how much Mecole Hardman is just not good. He can make plays but misses so many because he’s always concerned about what he’s going to do after he gets the ball rather than just making a play. Just go get the ball dude! Sky Moore does this too but he’s younger with fewer reps so has more of an excuse.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mecole basically played in Tyreek's shadow the whole time and tried to develop as a replacement, rather than focusing on what he could do. Dude is legit great and jet sweeps and if he would just catch the ball and run upfield instead of dancing around and costing himself 3 yards trying to look for a big break, he could be a first down machine.

Instead, he won't be on the Chiefs next year and I really don't know where he'll end up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also whatever the nature of that injury is, it seems pretty detrimental. Shades of Sammy Watkins' foot

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Ort posted:

Can we just talk about how much Mecole Hardman is just not good. He can make plays but misses so many because he’s always concerned about what he’s going to do after he gets the ball rather than just making a play. Just go get the ball dude! Sky Moore does this too but he’s younger with fewer reps so has more of an excuse.

He became good this year and then got badly hurt and hasn’t been the same. I kinda hope we re sign him but I don’t think that’s gonna happen

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He is going to get the Christian Kirk Overpay Special and I don't want it to be us.

Toney, Justyn Ross, Sky Moore, whoever we draft? We can replace Mecole cheaply.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Toney is amazing when healthy but he is always always hurt. I hope we draft/sign some receivers

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Dude is legit great and jet sweeps and if he would just catch the ball and run upfield instead of dancing around and costing himself 3 yards trying to look for a big break, he could be a first down machine.

He's legitimately elite there with the jet sweeps, and using Skyy Moore in his place when he was out kinda proved it because he was horrible at things.

It's a shame otherwise that he isn't better than a bottom shelf third or fourth WR. He appears to be a slightly upgraded Tavon Austin. This is kinda dismissive because he is also really good at WR screens, but yeah. That's what he is as far as I can tell.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Opens afcw thread, sees a run of chiefs posters, closes afcw thread

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Isn't our fault you don't have anything to talk about.

Derek Carr...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Mecoles last snap as a Chief was getting a crucial 1st down and retearing his groin or whatever in the process. Had a bunch of key moments first half of this season and also in the 2019 SB run. He will be next to Dan Sorenson and Sammy Watkins in the “kinda not great players who had some huge plays in the playoffs” hall of chiefs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And Robinson.

Okay you can continue whatever your AFCW conversation is not involving the AFCW team in the Super Bowl now

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

kiimo posted:

Okay you can continue whatever your AFCW conversation is not involving the AFCW team in the Super Bowl now

The raiders are bad and smell of hot sauce.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sean Payton will turn the Broncos around so this poor, scrappy organization can finally win a Super Bowl or three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I don’t care for the Kelces