Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Rarity posted:

How do I become a professional butt toucher?

you'll need a degree in butt touching, the ol' posterior palpation phd

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

and then of course your certification and license

the exam is notoriously difficult, needing to touch all kinds of butts in all kinds of scenarios, as well as the written part involving theory and a surprising amount of higher math

baka of lathspell

i did some last minute maneuvering & now i can hear cory doctorow give a not ted talk today

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
same but it's my butt giving the talk (with farts)

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
time to drink one million gallons of coffee and touch computer

OH THE OPEN SOURCE THING IS DEPRECATED AND NOW THE DEPENDENCIES ARE ALL hosed

HOW DELIGHTFUL

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
we have become yospos for a brief while

baka of lathspell

i keep being like y is no one talking to me ever before i realize ive become a morning bird and most people are asleep

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

Dr. Honked posted:

time to drink one million gallons of coffee and touch computer

OH THE OPEN SOURCE THING IS DEPRECATED AND NOW THE DEPENDENCIES ARE ALL hosed

HOW DELIGHTFUL

ill open ur source

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

baka fwocka fwame posted:

ill open ur source

well here are some bullet points covering what i think about that
1. yikes
2. oof

baka of lathspell

Dr. Honked posted:

same but it's my butt giving the talk (with farts)

byob is becoming too obsessed with farts this is the latest problem with byob, following threads keep closing & fully sexual snails

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Manifisto

byob is becoming too obsessed with farts this is the latest problem with byob, following threads keep closing & fully sexual snails

HOW are fully sexual snails a probem?!? mods???????

ty nesamdoom!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Manifisto posted:

a surprising amount of higher math

*sigh* I'll get my protractor...

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

baka of lathspell

Manifisto posted:

HOW are fully sexual snails a probem?!? mods???????

im just saying, no one said anything about the snails and then threads kept closing, i mesn there are consequences to our actions

nah idk what im sayin

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

this is like when youre revealed as a sick pervert that doesnt like fully sexual snails. well i will never admit to being one of those actually

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Manifisto

this is like when youre revealed as a sick pervert that doesnt like fully sexual snails. well i will never admit to being one of those actually

the ones who like the demisexual snails, those are the true perverts imo

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

cruft

Rarity posted:

How do I become a professional butt toucher?

That's odd, I was under the impression you already were!

Stoner Sloth

:sickos:

cruft

more falafel please posted:

remember when the entire nodejs ecosystem was built on a convoluted house of cards that meant that a significant amount of global infrastructure depended on one 28-year old not deleting an 11-line chunk of code that any first-year student could write in their sleep, and then he got mad and did it

It's funny how you're kind of implying this isn't still the case with the hundreds of npm dependencies in every drat thing.

cruft

sb hermit posted:

this is pretty cool, I might deploy this myself

forgejo is ... ahem ... a funny name, tho

For people who know enough Spanish, yes. I think it might be intentional.

cruft

I'm replying to posts out of order and nobody can stop me, bwahahahahaha

cruft

Well I guess a mod could stop me... :ohdear:

cruft

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

What year is it?

Stoner Sloth

kuskus posted:

as a professional bee toucher, i very very very VERY much get the feeling that every hive in the world is only a few seconds away from making GBS threads itself at any given moment in time. this is mainly because nobody is protected enough from varroa, or respected enough as a queen, to give a poo poo and will abscond anyway.

up until recently :australia: was varroa free... however it looks, fingers crossed, that the outbreak in new south wales is under control and that we're on track to wipe it out. this would be a world first and imo proves that :vegemite: > varroa mite

more falafel please

forums poster

cruft posted:

It's funny how you're kind of implying this isn't still the case with the hundreds of npm dependencies in every drat thing.

the c++ ecosystem is weird too but like if someone decided to stop supporting zlib forever it wouldn't be a problem. just keep using it, it's done

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Goons Are Gifts

hello byob it's one of those days today, I felt good and happy and creative all day long but now I kinda suddenly don't anymore and I get sad over everything :smith:
Maybe can you guys tell me something cool and nice? What's going on in your day and week and month and therefore year so far

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Goatse and Gallant posted:

hello byob it's one of those days today, I felt good and happy and creative all day long but now I kinda suddenly don't anymore and I get sad over everything :smith:
Maybe can you guys tell me something cool and nice? What's going on in your day and week and month and therefore year so far

i used to be a magician when i was a kid, but i got discouraged and stopped doing it. however, i'm getting back into it now, and it is HELLA FUN. things have changed quite a bit. it was the 1970's when i was first into it!!!

cruft

It's cold in my room, so I stamp my feet and blow on my hands, and then I write more code.

This reminds me of the children's book "Little Schubert".

Goons Are Gifts

Dr. Honked posted:

i used to be a magician when i was a kid, but i got discouraged and stopped doing it. however, i'm getting back into it now, and it is HELLA FUN. things have changed quite a bit. it was the 1970's when i was first into it!!!

Holy poo poo that's amazing, what cool things can you do?? What's the signature magic??

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

There's like a 5% chance that the girl at work I'm crushing on is into me. Which is up from the 0% chance I thought I had a week ago

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Holy poo poo that's amazing, what cool things can you do?? What's the signature magic??

i can do a broad spectrum of stuff, but my sleight of hand skills are rusty, i need to practice a lot. i'm not sure what my signature magic is going to be yet, but i'm leaning towards mind reading/mentalism. it's going to be funny though, whatever i do. mentalism tends to be serious and i want to subvert it a bit

treasure bear

list of threads to be closed to be posted shortly

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm closing the thread the list was being posted in

Goons Are Gifts

So we're watching the hobbit and I'm seeing a ton of dwarves having a blast with a huuuuuuge dinner and they joke and somehow bilbo accepts it and ja their waiter although he doesn't want to and I feel for him, I also can't say no

cruft

Rarity posted:

There's like a 5% chance that the girl at work I'm crushing on is into me. Which is up from the 0% chance I thought I had a week ago

Go get her, Rarity!

Like, not literally. That would be a bad idea. But, like, figuratively, I wish you success in your romantic endeavors!

cruft

So we're watching the hobbit and I'm seeing a ton of dwarves having a blast with a huuuuuuge dinner and they joke and somehow bilbo accepts it and ja their waiter although he doesn't want to and I feel for him, I also can't say no

This sounds startlingly similar to the multi-family vacation we recently got back from.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
URGH i bit my tongue. call a loving tonguebulance

sb hermit

Rarity posted:

:toot:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

Go flirt tomorrow omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We need a BYOB power couple