Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hope to one day make the damage number so big that the local entropy causes my computer to dissipate into a black hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

fit em all up in there posted:

Platinum Collection BYOB for February 2023:
ITORAH
Metamorphosis
Minute of Islands
The Council :complete edition
The Surge: Augmented Edition
The Citadel
Aquarist
Fallout 3 GOTY
Trials of Fire
Dusk 82
CharterStone Digital Edition
Fallout Classic edition (1/2 and tactics)
Airport CEO
SUPERHOT MIND CONTROL DELETE
Spirit of the Island
Trudograd

3 for $9.99/5 for $14.99/7 for $19.99

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle
i dont really want to do the research for this but is The Citadel that FPS where the artist used guro art for the corpses? i want to avoid poo poo like that and i know it was either talked about here or in the early fps thread.

i'm thinking The Council, Aquarist, and Minute of Islands for myself. i've heard Spirit of the Island is kind of disappointing and not really finished

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
AD&D had it right. I have four hitpoint and I generally hit for about two. These are manageable numbers.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The 7th Guest posted:

Another game bites the dust. this one isn't being taken down though

Eh can’t it just be complete? Like they delivered the expansions they announced, what’s wrong with it being done (assuming it’s not in some unplayably buggy state or whatever).

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

Another game bites the dust. this one isn't being taken down though

“Bites the dust” is pretty hyperbolic and since perpetual content games are bad this is fine.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I've played the early access of this on and off on EGS for a while, it was really quite promising and I'm very much looking forwards to the full release. It's a plan-and-execute game like e.g. Frozen Synapse or Doorkickers, so you set up your units' movement and attacks ahead of time and then watch them play out over the next 10 seconds or so before getting the next opportunity to plan. The main gimmick is that you can see a few seconds into the future, including where and when enemies intend to move and shoot. So you can pull some really fancy moves blocking or avoiding opponents just as they shoot, or even pushing them into each other's attacks.

And, most importantly, you can build your mechs to be extremely heavy and just slam into enemy mechs to crash them into buildings or terrain :getin:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I saw Austin Walker tweeting about that game today, if it's enough to get Austin excited I'm certainly interested :hmmyes:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

The 7th Guest posted:

i dont really want to do the research for this but is The Citadel that FPS where the artist used guro art for the corpses? i want to avoid poo poo like that and i know it was either talked about here or in the early fps thread.

i'm thinking The Council, Aquarist, and Minute of Islands for myself. i've heard Spirit of the Island is kind of disappointing and not really finished

Yup that's Citadel. I assume if you don't 'pick' a given title, its dev gets no money from the purchase?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

fit em all up in there posted:

Platinum Collection BYOB for February 2023:
ITORAH
Metamorphosis
Minute of Islands
The Council :complete edition
The Surge: Augmented Edition
The Citadel
Aquarist
Fallout 3 GOTY
Trials of Fire
Dusk 82
CharterStone Digital Edition
Fallout Classic edition (1/2 and tactics)
Airport CEO
SUPERHOT MIND CONTROL DELETE
Spirit of the Island
Trudograd

3 for $9.99/5 for $14.99/7 for $19.99

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle

I thought Fallout 3 didn't even work on anything past windows XP?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

“Bites the dust” is pretty hyperbolic and since perpetual content games are bad this is fine.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

pentyne posted:

I thought Fallout 3 didn't even work on anything past windows XP?

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/22370/view/2993196769824312887

They removed the GFWL dependancy, so you probably no longer need a guide to get it running.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sleeping dogs is $2 at GOG rn.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
That update just happened in 2021? GFWL shut down in 2014. They were just selling a game that could no longer be launched for seven years?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Volte posted:

That update just happened in 2021? GFWL shut down in 2014. They were just selling a game that could no longer be launched for seven years?

That never stopped Deadly Premonition.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Volte posted:

Yeah but it's Fallout 3 so no big loss

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Volte posted:

they were selling Lost Planet 2, which both used GFWL and literally does not work on PCs with more than 6 physical cores, for years before finally delisting it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
there's a number of titles like that. it seems valve is almost completely hands off about maintaining the games it hosts.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

otoh, for some titles, i'd still appreciate the ability to buy the game and fix it with fan mods, if it's an old title the publisher is never gonna touch again.

just make that abundantly clear, and price it accordingly.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Lost Planet 2…. Would love to see it remastered or get a fourth game

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

ShadowMar posted:

they were selling Lost Planet 2, which both used GFWL and literally does not work on PCs with more than 6 physical cores, for years before finally delisting it

2016 Strider also has this limitation and it loving pains me to not be able to play one of the best metroidvanias of the last decade.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the train level of lost planet 2 was incredibly ambitious but even in coop the game just wasn't very fun to play.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

2016 Strider also has this limitation and it loving pains me to not be able to play one of the best metroidvanias of the last decade.

RIP Double Helix, killed just as you got good at your jobs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

While waiting for the next Forza Motorsport to come out, i've been playing Grid Legends, and this is an alright racing game! I just really did not like that certain events had weird requirements before you could enter them. It usually ended up meaning that you needed to grind the same events out. If you go into Grid Legends for the first time and start taking on the career mode, in the difficulty settings, put the event length to 2x or higher. I wish I knew this beforehand.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Cleaning up my computer a bit and found a .txt of Steam keys from Humble that I already own. I honestly can't remember if I've given these away already or not. Report back if you try one or two and whether or not they do, I have a few more if they do.

KYL63-D2F08-TP90I - One Step from Eden
PIDW6-QXNL0-M95Y3 - XCOM: Chimera Squad
WZ0ER-VXND7-84WE0 - Civilization VI Platinum
RQCBX-I2FXF-THVN7 - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Anno fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 3, 2023

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Anno posted:

Cleaning up my computer a bit and found a .txt of Steam keys from Humble that I already own. I honestly can't remember if I've given these away already or not. Report back if you try one or two and whether or not they do, I have a few more if they do.

KYL63-D2F08-TP90I - One Step from Eden
PIDW6-QXNL0-M95Y3 - XCOM: Chimera Squad
WZ0ER-VXND7-84WE0 - Civilization VI Platinum
RQCBX-I2FXF-THVN7 - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Snagged Civ6, thanks a bunch!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Someone else snagged Chimera Squad :cry: Thanks for posting either way!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

deep dish peat moss posted:

Someone else snagged Chimera Squad :cry: Thanks for posting either way!
And One Step From Eden as well, but :same:

Anno
May 10, 2017

lol I wish I knew if the other two were just redeemed or have been for awhile now. But Civ still being available makes me think they all might be good.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Whelp, someone took bloodstained. Shame, thanks for the offers!

Anno
May 10, 2017

Again, idk if these are redeemed yet or not, but since Civ wasn't my guess is no. Please post if you do take one (or try and it's already taken)!

PJNPG-JWQXD-0HGG6 - Book of Demons
9FPNK-85JJT-5583Q - Okami HD
RE4X4-X9ZER-028FE - Opus Magnum
YYA3Z-Y043M-KJL6N - Rise of Industry
T7V56-K99L9-A8YIW - Golf With Your Friends
QHWYK-YLTXM-X5MIT - Fae Tactics
CCB9P-N3B9F-JY9RL - Sunless Sea
XDMX3-AZW84-NPRHQ - Imperator Rome Deluxe
F0E6Q-ZK768-T3PW3 - PGA Tour 2K21
L2QZC-ZJNC0-JYY0E - Heaven's Vault
KEH5E-A0AZ8-FM7FK - Fort Triumph

Anno fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 3, 2023

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I took Okami, thank you!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Okami owns :shittydog:

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Grabbed Fae Tactics, thanks!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Nabbed Sunless Sea, thanks friend.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Managed to grab Golf With Your Friends - thanks!
E: and turned out I was confusing it with What The Golf, ah well.

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 3, 2023

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Anno posted:

KEH5E-A0AZ8-FM7FK - Fort Triumph

Took this one, thank you!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Anno posted:

L2QZC-ZJNC0-JYY0E - Heaven's Vault
Managed to grab this one, been interested in it for a while, thanks!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Hollandia posted:

Managed to grab Golf With Your Friends - thanks!
E: and turned out I was confusing it with What The Golf, ah well.

Golf with your friends is also a good time, with your friends

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Anno posted:

RE4X4-X9ZER-028FE - Opus Magnum

Seems like this was already taken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Steam seems to have updated the wishlist UI so it's bloated and takes up twice as much vertical space per entry.