Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
What's her name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Nihonniboku posted:

Is there a joke I'm not getting? Why did you spell it like that?

Alyssa Edwards strikes again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOmQeW4a54w

After that, everyone just ran with it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I only just now realized it's Loosey Laduca, not Loosey Deluca (I assumed it was like the DeLuca candy company). :doh: Is this how I learn I'm dyslexic?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Pinwiz11 posted:

Alyssa Edwards strikes again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOmQeW4a54w

After that, everyone just ran with it.

Even Priyanka is going with it, there’s a leather jacket she has with her name all over it, except for one, which is just Peronka.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Alyssa Edwards is the funniest queen who could not write a joke to save her life

Reposting because I love this video

https://youtube.com/shorts/OG1GAF2htxs?feature=share

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Where do I know this guest judge fro-

"HI Gay!"

Ooooooooooh! YES

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Bob and Monét reveal BOMO Beauty line and how Drag Race critiques shaped their 'elevated' makeup

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Marcia x 3 putting her theater degree to good use here

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Welp, I'm pleasantly surprised with tonight's winner. I would've expected Mistress to get it since she seems to have more of a main character vibe. Still, it's kind of funny how both winner and sashayer of tonight's episode have had Kandy Who edits, especially the latter who might have the award for Kandiest Who of all time. I feel bad for her.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Where do I know this guest judge fro-

"HI Gay!"

Ooooooooooh! YES

Ohhh, that's who she is. Good for her :3: She was charming as hell.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Oh, also absolutely cackling that they once again read Marcia's drag even when she's not being critiqued

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

It was great but I'll be annoyed if they don't more bluntly address it with her. They did read her in the Snatch Game but still.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Doing the designers dirty by giving them 4 seconds of runway time

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Marcia x 3 is absolutely not getting a win. Another Jan situation surely. Surprised that Sasha didn’t win

As for who’s left, guessing at these based on the edit.

Potential finalists
Sasha
Mistress
Lux
Loosey
Anetra

Middle of the road
Babydoll Foxx
Spice
Marcia

Circling the drain
Jax
Estitties
Aura
Robin

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

luminalflux posted:

Doing the designers dirty by giving them 4 seconds of runway time

It'll suck for future episodes, but this runway was super underwhelming. The only looks I particularly liked were Aura's and Salina's. At least the commentary made up for it.

Overall, I dunno what's going on with the fasheeyon this season. Maybe we're in a recession and have been spoiled with look queens since season 10.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Okay. How did Marcia3's outfit pass for Tie Dye???

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Andrew_1985 posted:

Middle of the road
Spice

Spice has dodged bottom three for the past two episodes when she could easily have been lip syncing either time, so they definitely want her around longer.

Edit: Also, Justice4Jax. Outfit tonight aside, it really seems like she's the sacrificial lamb when they need someone to take Spice's place in the bottom.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Feb 4, 2023

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Anetra unfortunately still coasting hard off that One Night Only performance, tbh

Her and Jax are going to be what Jorgeous and Jasmine Kennedie were last season, queens that last a lot longer than they maybe should because no one can touch them in a lipsync

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 4, 2023

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Okay. How did Marcia3's outfit pass for Tie Dye???

Yeah, I still don't get it.

https://twitter.com/marciax3nyc/status/1621700760831401986?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

But they're going to hold Marcia back from any win until she does what they want with her makeup.

Ironic Twist posted:

Anetra unfortunately still coasting hard off that One Night Only performance, tbh

Yeah, I give it one or two more episodes until Michelle reads her for relying on that body too much. That was not much of an outfit for the runway this week.

I find it funny that the girls fought so hard for the metal group, and they pretty much all just rapped over it. I get that rap metal is a thing, but it doesn't really seem to be in theme with the challenge. There's rap in country too, and they probably would have been read for that.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Was not expecting the winner. I mean, I guess? I know they can’t give it to Sasha every time but I would have gone with Mistress over Aura for this one.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh, also absolutely cackling that they once again read Marcia's drag even when she's not being critiqued

I thought this was actually pretty lovely when she's not in the room.

Really not liking the way this season is being produced. Robin got absolutely nothing out of being on Drag Race because they gave her no screentime before she had to go. The missing hours of footage at this point is really hurting queens. Spice getting the Gotmik treatment too is really heavy handed. I know they don't want another Season 8 but Sasha has been getting robbed of so many clear wins it's really dumb.

Outside of production I really dislike Luxe's character. The delusion is so strong it loops all the way back to unpleasant to see.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

wizardofloneliness posted:

Was not expecting the winner. I mean, I guess? I know they can’t give it to Sasha every time but I would have gone with Mistress over Aura for this one.

I wish they would give it to Sasha every time. The bitch earned it. Let her just win every week like she drat well deserves to.

Why could they not give Robin like. ONE confessional or something? This is homophobic.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

I find it funny that the girls fought so hard for the metal group, and they pretty much all just rapped over it. I get that rap metal is a thing, but it doesn't really seem to be in theme with the challenge. There's rap in country too, and they probably would have been read for that.

as someone whose internal cringe goes off the charts anytime the queens approach metal, punk or rock and roll, I was pleasantly surprised that they went with the sort of early-2000s rap nu-metal vibe

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Personally I was very confused why Mistress' group wanted metal so badly when none of them were alive when metal was still relevant

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Eej posted:

Personally I was very confused why Mistress' group wanted metal so badly when none of them were alive when metal was still relevant

Luxx was already wearing the hat, so...

(Love Luxx and their delusion. :))

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

dino. posted:

I wish they would give it to Sasha every time. The bitch earned it. Let her just win every week like she drat well deserves to.

Why could they not give Robin like. ONE confessional or something? This is homophobic.

Sasha or at least Mistress should have absolutely won this week. I knew they were eliminating Robin when they actually gave her 2 confessionals in a single episode. I feel like the reduced run time is terrible for the filler queens this season.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The runtime is absolutely ruining this season, and no one can convince me otherwise. It sucks for the viewer but especially the queens. We barely get any of the fun werkroom shenanigans that are just as important as the challenges, if not more so, in endearing the queens to the viewers and gaining them fans.

They also don't get a chance to display much of their personality, background, or relationships with each other. We're limited to like one anecdote per episode. From Watcha Packin, it's evident that Robin having Mo Heart as a drag mom came up during filming. And I'm sure there was some inside joke with her being called Robin Fine, since she signed the mirror with it and Irene called her it in a TikTok read.

I bet if this had happened with S14, we wouldn't have gotten to see the dragonfly incident. The season would've probably just revolved around Jasmine and Daya's various clashes, and it would've been less fun without the more lighthearted parts.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Old Gays having like 5 seconds of screentime in the episode proper when they actually had a very touching chat with the queens is appalling. They had to jam it into Untucked, but at least it was aired.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 5, 2023

car dance
May 12, 2010

Ben is actually an escaped polar bear, posing as a human.

Unlikely because Polar Bears do not know how to speak.
Also it does not make any sense.
The runways were literally 90 seconds (I think they showed Anetra taking like 4 steps total), and the drama at the beginning that didn't even matter over the song choices was so much longer. I know the story line is necessary but I want to at least hear a few people describe their runways or see their personalities through them. Seeing how they walk in their outfits, or the story they tell with them is my favorite part of the show.

I've been watching Face Off again recently (since we talked about it) and as the show went on there's less and less of the drama and more and more of the creations and actual creative process. It's still very good. We fast forward through a lot of the episodes (just like my partner and I did during the first couple of seasons of Dragula), so we miss all of the "oh no my mold won't open, thankfully someone helped me" drama. It makes it very watchable.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

gandlethorpe posted:

I bet if this had happened with S14, we wouldn't have gotten to see the dragonfly incident.

A Dragonfly!?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

watched the latest two episodes tonight (partner has been out of town since last friday) and the pacing is a bit more palatable when viewed back-to-back, but big roster and truncated airtime unquestionably did these filler queens dorty. still need the herd to thin a bit more for the pacing to not feel so breakneck (sasha.gif) but good on aura and luxx for stealing dubs out of the colby cookie jar

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/MistressIBrooks/status/1623118631834947585

:allears:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Counterpoint - this makes me like her less, which I wasn't sure possible.

Watching her and Lux be bullies was excrutiating. And then the "how dare you say I ws a bully!" was so disingenuous.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

yeah Missy's just another mean gal in the group really. Daya Betty without the fun or a twinkle in her eye

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I dunno, I love Mistress. I feel she's like Bianca, helping the twins while snipping at them. Not to mention reading is fundamental; it's been sorely lacking in a show where rabid fans will lock you out of your profit sources like Instagram with cyberbullying and complaints if you so much as give an eye twitch negatively. I'm sure a lot of the fandom doesn't like her because it's a race thing, when they loved other queens like Daya Betty pulling the same crap.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
This most recent episode I found extremely....weird? this was, IMO, one of the most impressive singing-dancing challenges in the show history, I thought every group was really great and overall every single written and performed segment entertaining. Usually there are some real notable stinkers (I'm thinking of Roxxxy Andrews here) but this episode everyone was pretty loving good. And then during the third group's performance the editors keep cutting to Ru and Michelle with horrified looks on their faces? It felt like they were trying to force a storyline of the last group failing when they were maybe just a smidge worse than the previous groups. It would have felt more honest if the judges were like 'oh you all were great, we have to nitpick' - which they've done in the past. But they went a different route, and it felt dishonest.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Pan Dulce posted:

I dunno, I love Mistress. I feel she's like Bianca, helping the twins while snipping at them. Not to mention reading is fundamental; it's been sorely lacking in a show where rabid fans will lock you out of your profit sources like Instagram with cyberbullying and complaints if you so much as give an eye twitch negatively. I'm sure a lot of the fandom doesn't like her because it's a race thing, when they loved other queens like Daya Betty pulling the same crap.

I enjoy her old school style and attitude, as well as her wisdom from needing to get by on her own so young. But she is showing her age a bit with these last episodes and in recent drama over benign comments Aura made at Roscoe's. There's a whole lot of "*clearly upset* do I look upset to you?" happening here.

Though considering how insane the fandom seems this year, especially with the harassment toward her and her social media accounts, I can understand if she's been on edge lately. Still doesn't change what's happening on the show.

Mike N Eich posted:

This most recent episode I found extremely....weird? this was, IMO, one of the most impressive singing-dancing challenges in the show history, I thought every group was really great and overall every single written and performed segment entertaining. Usually there are some real notable stinkers (I'm thinking of Roxxxy Andrews here) but this episode everyone was pretty loving good. And then during the third group's performance the editors keep cutting to Ru and Michelle with horrified looks on their faces? It felt like they were trying to force a storyline of the last group failing when they were maybe just a smidge worse than the previous groups. It would have felt more honest if the judges were like 'oh you all were great, we have to nitpick' - which they've done in the past. But they went a different route, and it felt dishonest.

First group was great. Second (minus Spice) was as well. The third did impressive stunts, but it was really not in the spirit of the challenge. They were also really incohesive. I thought the stankface was editing rigga morris on first watch, but when it got uploaded to YouTube, I made the same face rewatching them.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 9, 2023

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

mistress is 24. she ain't an old queen

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

This is exactly how I feel too. Sure, she was giving the twins poo poo, but she was also helping them, and later adopted them as her drag daughters. I didn't see her comments as "You have no hope of improving, go gently caress off", I saw it as "You could be doing so much better, let me help".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj3NVijddS8

This clip didn't seem like bullying behavior to me!

alf_pogs posted:

mistress is 24. she ain't an old queen

I think they meant "showing her age" as in "acting like a young person, responding to every negative social media comment", not "acting like an older person who ignores all that poo poo".

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

I think they meant "showing her age" as in "acting like a young person, responding to every negative social media comment", not "acting like an older person who ignores all that poo poo".

Yes, definitely this. Although being actually old doesn't necessarily mean someone's above being messy on social media. *cough* Tamisha *cough*

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

This is probably mostly a me thing but I really wish they'd bring back judging groups as actual groups instead of individuals. It absolutely would helo with early challenges and folks getting critique, for me at least. I get why it's all mostly individual judging but it's still just a little annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Pan Dulce posted:

What? She's nowhere near Bianca. I get that she helped the twins, and whatever has happened after the season wrapped, I don't know because I'm not that far into the scene. I don't like her and it has nothing to do with race, but I can't speak for everyone. The whole thing with her and Lux and how they were going to take the metal song really bothered me because that was some mean girls poo poo, and instead of trying to talk it out they just kept getting louder.

It's ok if you like her and it's ok if I don't :glomp: