Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lol drat Diluc fell off hard

I'm glad I got to use him way back when he was just indisputably the best character in the game back when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
xiangling was still better than him back then it's jsut that nobody know how tf to play xiangling

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Lol drat Diluc fell off hard

I'm glad I got to use him way back when he was just indisputably the best character in the game back when

He's still perfectly serviceable now even if he's overshadowed by some newer characters. I didn't get him until I lost my Nahida 50/50.
He makes a decent driver for offfielders, the biggest complaint I have is running serpent spine on him practically requires both Bennie and a shielder.
So I wind up with Diluc/Kaeya/Bennie/Diona. Though the team gets pretty bogged down by pyro immune enemies

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
0.1% of players still carrying the torch and using Aloy on floor 12.

Still annoyed I started playing after she was given out for clearly the last time.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Aloy was such a bizarrely half-assed crossover. Like here's this cool character. We're just dropping her into the game with no fanfare, no cutscenes or events, not even any constellations. Have fun! :confuoot:

And she's not even that outstanding either. I think the coolest thing people managed was reverse melting her burst for big nukes.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
it's fun to suck up her freezy grenades

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Aloy is still the only character that had the passive to not scare animals.

MoonCrab posted:

I haven't tried this abyss yet, since I'm still waiting for Yelan to drop, but I thought it might be interesting to check the akasha site and see what the usage rates are atm. Alhaitham/Yaoyao were pretty disappointing before, but I'm pretty sure it might have been because people hadn't had time to raise them. Probably.

First of all, seething, bawling and sobbing, totally apoplectic, etc. that Raiden and Alhaitham knocked the kokofish out of the top 5. It was super funny and I want her back...
Other than that it, looks pretty much as expected I guess. At first I though Raiden was so high because she's technically one of the strongest "dendro" dps units but apparently all the teams are just Rational and Hyper Raiden :effort:

Yaoyao is pretty respectable, Faruzan at 24 while Sucrose is at 2.5 is a crime, Ning flopping from ~10 to nothing is expected but sad, same old stuff. 0.1% Candaces, do your best :unsmith:

Let’s not ignore that floor 12 has a boss that ignores targeting when it’s invisible and takes quicken to weaken. I had to include nahida just for that boss.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He's kind of beatable with just electro because you can use electro on the tubes attached to him after the first construct phase and he falls over. But dendro+electro (especially nahida) makes it suuuper easy.

Side 2 of this abyss was pseudo-designed for Xiao, he has a really good kenki matchup and the triple mages in 12-1-1 spawn so he can swirl them all. Still a weaker character so lots of stuff is easier.

Tighnari is also very nice for side 1, his clouds do a lot to screw woth scorpion+bird and the other chambers are pure single target.

Preliminary sketchy leaks suggest Baizhu is a non-healing shielder. Having messed around with Haitham a lot Haitham+Kuki+Xingqiu/Yelan+Zhongli is the easiest team of his to clear side 1 with so turning ZL into a dendro character that can carry Deepwood could be nice. Non-healing shielding catalyst support also says prototype amber really loud to me.

Btw I have no idea how people are clearing this abyss with scara my attempts have not gone well, floor 3 is just not suited for him.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 2, 2023

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I will never understand the rage people have over Aloy not having constellations. C0 is and should be fine for most characters??

I guess the fact she kind of sucks and they were hoping cons would make her suck less us fair, but still.

(also her bow only working while playing on on the PSN is obnoxious)

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

She's gimmicky and not all that good to begin with, especially compared to the other Cryo archers, and having no cons means there is no way to improve her mediocre performance aside from infinitely grinding artifacts, which is effort far better spent on better characters (like the other Cryo archers). Her being a supposed 5* doesn't help, neither does her signature bow only being given out / functional on Playstation.

It was just a really half-assed crossover that sucks all around. If you're more a fan of HZD you're angry she's underwhelmingly lame in Genshin. If you're more a fan of Genshin you're angry she can't perform at a 5* level thus is a waste of resources.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
It's because she isn't balanced like a 5 star, she's balanced like a mid-tier 4 star, or maybe a traveler element. Just being able to get talent levels on C3 and C5 would help her a decent amount.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

C3 and C5 matter an awful lot yeah. They're the least interesting constellation on every character but 21% damage increases are massive, that's larger than the boost most characters get going from best 4 star -> signature 5 star weapon.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
c3 and c5 are literally just "number is higher" constellations???
why would it matter whether a character has access to them, there's no difference between adding C3 vs just making the character's E do 10% more damage or whatever

like if aloy is bad you can complain about her being bad but it seems pretty pointless to zero in on those specifically, if number is too low just say "number is too low"

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Yeah I don't think they ever had any intention of making that character good, even with cons they would have just re-scaled her so she ends up at the same place.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

She wouldn't be as bad if her little bomblets didn't have an internal cooldown on giving her stacks for her infused normals. Because they have that brief cooldown period to give stacks you can't shotgun enemies by vacuuming them with Jean. So Aloy is left to just scatter them on the ground and hope enemies run into them but not too quickly.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

sushibandit posted:

She's gimmicky and not all that good to begin with, especially compared to the other Cryo archers, and having no cons means there is no way to improve her mediocre performance aside from infinitely grinding artifacts, which is effort far better spent on better characters (like the other Cryo archers). Her being a supposed 5* doesn't help, neither does her signature bow only being given out / functional on Playstation.

It was just a really half-assed crossover that sucks all around. If you're more a fan of HZD you're angry she's underwhelmingly lame in Genshin. If you're more a fan of Genshin you're angry she can't perform at a 5* level thus is a waste of resources.

Yeah, I came back to Genshin after falling off it during its launch because of Aloy; I had just finished HZD for the first time thanks to Sony giving it away earlier that year, and then they made the announcement that she was coming to Genshin. I got her and didn't really have the material at the time to level her up, and by the time I did I had already figured out that she wasn't a good character for me.

Plus, while I like her character art, I think Aloy's character model kinda sucks

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Because they have that brief cooldown period to give stacks you can't shotgun enemies by vacuuming them with Jean.

I'm an aloy-liker and this is one of my favorite things to do with her in a team lol, I never realized that was why the infusion wouldn't consistently trigger though that hella sucks

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

c3 and c5 are literally just "number is higher" constellations???
why would it matter whether a character has access to them, there's no difference between adding C3 vs just making the character's E do 10% more damage or whatever

like if aloy is bad you can complain about her being bad but it seems pretty pointless to zero in on those specifically, if number is too low just say "number is too low"

Well yeah, if the number was less low then nobody would really care about costellations. Her burst damage build doesn't have, like, fundamental kit issues or anything. But since hoyo doesn't rebalance numbers straightforwardly, then cons are the most "likely" way to help her.

Then her other cons could help her infuse more consistently, I dunno. I don't really care about onfielders too much.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Real Cool Catfish posted:

0.1% of players still carrying the torch and using Aloy on floor 12.

Still annoyed I started playing after she was given out for clearly the last time.

It's me, the 0.1%

Probably could've done it without swapping teams, but the game insisted on giving me poo poo floor buffs and I got impatient.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aloy's in a real bad state if people are wishing she had more constellations you could buy to make her stronger.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Regarding Honkai chat This final stretch of the main story with all 3 of the main girls getting their ultimate space princess forms and fighting the OG handsomeman Kevin who has gone from hero to antihero to antivillain over the course of the past 50,000 years or so and on the moon at that feels like a pitch for a modernized Sailor Moon sequel plot that never got picked up or something. Either that or Peak Shoujo plot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Aloy's in a real bad state if people are wishing she had more constellations you could buy to make her stronger.
Buy? I want them for free!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Buy? I want them for free!

When has the game ever given any 5* character aside from the Traveller extra constellations for free?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

RareAcumen posted:

I think people were more hoping for an event which involved Aloy (say a hunting event or something, but really anything which involved her being in the actual world rather than just your character page) which gave out constellations, like the event weapons where you get the weapon on the first stage and subsequent stages give out a consumable that can be used to refine it. I cant speak to how good or bad Aloy is to play because I'm only just getting round to grinding out the poo poo to level her, but I can say the reason* I've not bothered up til now is that if I want a cryo archer in my team I have other options who to my eyes bring more to the table. Dionna does cryo damage, and even if it turns out she's worse at cryo application than Aloy she also brings a shield and healing. I mean, I'm not pissed about it or anything, she was a freebie, but I did assume at the time there would be at least a brief event where she interacted with the traveler.

*this was the main reason, the other reason was I entirely hosed up the mechanics of the cryo cube fight so it took ages and I hated it when I first played it, and it made me gunshy of fighting it for a character I wasnt excited to play. I've gone back to it now and its actually a really easy fight when you have a basic understanding of whats going on, a properly kitted out pyro dps and a zhongli to prevent damage, none of which I had the first time I fought it. Still never going to be my go to "knock this one out for the battle pass" boss fight, but fine.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

When has the game ever given any 5* character aside from the Traveller extra constellations for free?
You're saying "when has genshin ever done something except the time they did it"? If Aloy got constellations would you be posting about how it doesnt make sense and she should have a blank constellation page instead?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 2, 2023

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

No... but they give a free Xingqiu out every year, and I can't even imagine a meta where you would pick an Aloy con over an equivalent Xingqiu con. She very much isn't balanced like a 5 star, so there's no way they'd give her like a Raiden C2 or something.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Aloy should have had the tall female model. Genshin’s representation of her doesn’t really fit the Horizon games very well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tighnari feels quite a bit more like HZD combat in genshin. Which I guess is better because you get tighnari eventually no matter when you start.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

No Wave posted:

Tighnari feels quite a bit more like HZD combat in genshin.

he absolutely does and it's probably why i like playing him so much

although now that you mention it i wish his aggro-drawing allergy field stuck to the enemy it hits instead of just plopping down on the ground. and that it was aimed like an arrow.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just wanted to speak for a second about how much fun Genshin has been for my wife and I as a co-op but not co-op game.

She just hit AR28 last night. We mostly have been spending a couple hours each night doing our own thing in game but then I'll pop over and we'll co-op some domains or ley lines. It's so nice being just chill and having fun with the game. She loves getting frequently sidetracked by collectables and treasure chests - an endless drip of dopamine.

She doesn't have much in the way of characters - (Traveler, Amber, Kaeya, Lisa, Noelle, Xiangling, Ningguang, Chongyun) but she's still having a blast. She's been holding back on wishes because I showed her Dehya and she liked the look of her. Though she is thinking of dropping some wishes on the upcoming banner to maybe potentially pick up Beidou and Xingqiu.

Currently, her favorite two characters to play are Xiangling and Kaeya - but she hasn't touched Ningguang or Chongyun yet (as she was still in Mondstadt when she got those characters).

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

slicing up eyeballs posted:

I'm an aloy-liker and this is one of my favorite things to do with her in a team lol, I never realized that was why the infusion wouldn't consistently trigger though that hella sucks

Yeah, for a while I was trying to do a normal attack build with kazuha and yelan but the infusion was so finicky. It's unfortunate

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mordiceius posted:

I just wanted to speak for a second about how much fun Genshin has been for my wife and I as a co-op but not co-op game.

She just hit AR28 last night. We mostly have been spending a couple hours each night doing our own thing in game but then I'll pop over and we'll co-op some domains or ley lines. It's so nice being just chill and having fun with the game. She loves getting frequently sidetracked by collectables and treasure chests - an endless drip of dopamine.

She doesn't have much in the way of characters - (Traveler, Amber, Kaeya, Lisa, Noelle, Xiangling, Ningguang, Chongyun) but she's still having a blast. She's been holding back on wishes because I showed her Dehya and she liked the look of her. Though she is thinking of dropping some wishes on the upcoming banner to maybe potentially pick up Beidou and Xingqiu.

Currently, her favorite two characters to play are Xiangling and Kaeya - but she hasn't touched Ningguang or Chongyun yet (as she was still in Mondstadt when she got those characters).

The good news is Xiangling, Kaeya, Xinqui is the solid foundation of a really good team. Beidou, Ninguang, or Chongyun could all be subbed in as the 4th for it.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

No Wave posted:

Tighnari feels quite a bit more like HZD combat in genshin. Which I guess is better because you get tighnari eventually no matter when you start.

I got Horizon for free a while back and had zero interest in playing it until I saw this post lmao

One of these days..

Wow, congrats on finding the exact circumstance where Dehya is actually unironically pretty decent (multiplayer tank). I guess miracles do happen, sometimes :)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

MoonCrab posted:

I got Horizon for free a while back and had zero interest in playing it until I saw this post lmao

One of these days..

It's a really good game, although it almost wasn't; it was originally going to be much more focused on fighting humanoid enemies (who are boring as poo poo and basically just generic Ubisoft fare), with the machine-hunting aspects added relatively late in development (in particular, after a lot of the main story quest had already been implemented).

But with the machine hunting, it has some of the best encounter and boss design I've ever seen in a video game.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I would say that Horizon is a bit rough in that it is the developer’s first action rpg and it shows at points, but it does feel more cohesive the further you get. Overall it is very much worth playing.

Anyway, I want to ask if i currently log in through Twitter, can I change that account to another login point? Because Musky Elon is going to charge people for using Twitter APIs and I am not sure I want to take chances with MiHoYo playing ball or not.

EDIT: Okay, got it linked to a proper email and everything.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 3, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

gently caress this pyramid is huge

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

Preliminary sketchy leaks suggest Baizhu is a non-healing shielder. Having messed around with Haitham a lot Haitham+Kuki+Xingqiu/Yelan+Zhongli is the easiest team of his to clear side 1 with so turning ZL into a dendro character that can carry Deepwood could be nice. Non-healing shielding catalyst support also says prototype amber really loud to me.
I predicted he'd be a shielder when Alhaitham turned out not to be, but I'll be surprised if he really launches with no built-in healing, being a doctor and all. I was expecting a kit more like Diona's.

I guess he just takes the idea that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure very seriously.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 3, 2023

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm so loving tired of fighting the thunder manifestation. :negative:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

hosed up but true: finished the last few lantern rite things today, and running the battle stuff with an aggravate team is making me re-change my mind on pulling for Dehya lol. Quickburn with overloads is pretty fun, actually? Miko/Nahida/Dehya/(???). Who's the last slot? Another overloader? An anemo? Or maybe you need more dendro than that. I'll have to try Shinobu, Sayu, Yaoyao first, then non-healers if Dehya somehow ends up being enough sustain. AFK explosions team, lets go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Good thing I can always count on the internet having every bit of voiced dialogue in every language somewhere because I missed the first few days of the new event doing my own thing and didn't realize Lisa moves around based on server date and not player progress based on the day which they triggered the flag.