Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MagpieConcept posted:

You're not entirely wrong but

About 3-4 full rooms on top of these with visible leaning, wouldn't even need to do a marble test!

E: and yes there's a bathtub there too lmao

I'm amused that someone took the time to frame out the openings in the cinderblock like it was an actual room.

iwentdoodie posted:

Bad day finding out the water line is also your electrical ground.

LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

You could mount a block heater (from a car where it gets super cold in the winter) to the back of that toilet and use a smart plug to have it turn on 30 min before you take your morning poo poo. Heaven on earth.

Not all of us are regular poopers :smug:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Not all of us are regular poopers :smug:

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

You could mount a block heater (from a car where it gets super cold in the winter) to the back of that toilet and use a smart plug to have it turn on 30 min before you take your morning poo poo. Heaven on earth.

Buying a half decent washlet is cheaper and easier.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Psyllium Husk, friend.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/peanutcola/status/1620211745439760384?s=20&t=4BBnuSIZ04lbt1OVLYiBQQ

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Dave posted:

Psyllium Husk, friend.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This is the good poo poo for good shits:
https://www.amazon.com/Yerba-Prima-...s%2C104&sr=8-10

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Is this any different? It's half price. I'm stuck in the benefiber/Costco alternative loop.

Viva Naturals Organic Psyllium Husk Powder (1.5 lbs ) - Easy Mixing Fiber Supplement, Finely Ground & Non-GMO Powder for Promoting Regularity https://a.co/d/iEG2rad

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Fruits and vegetables would be good, too, but goons.

Crapper construction: 100% Psyllium Husk Fiber

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 1, 2023

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

ILL Machina posted:

Is this any different? It's half price. I'm stuck in the benefiber/Costco alternative loop.

Viva Naturals Organic Psyllium Husk Powder (1.5 lbs ) - Easy Mixing Fiber Supplement, Finely Ground & Non-GMO Powder for Promoting Regularity https://a.co/d/iEG2rad

Yerba Prima is the only one I’ve ever used but it works well for me and like 4 of my friends. We had a whole poo poo chat one day.

I eat a gently caress load of veggies too but like to try and force things out in the morning.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this assumes that the copper toilet has the same sort of internal geometry as a slip-cast porcelain toilet, which i highly doubt. i'll bet it's single-walled and made of much thinner material. tsk

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

iwentdoodie posted:

Bad day finding out the water line is also your electrical ground.

It would be easy to decouple.

I don’t think that guy’s math is right though

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I have no idea what that is in normal people units, but if you date someone who isn't forklift-certified, that's very much a you problem so you can pick the toilet up yourself.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

There's a bunch of those out there. A Prius repair and salvage operation make them as a side business.

https://youtu.be/RyQrp7OMojE

https://www.autobeyours.com/07%20limo%20Prius.htm

Weembles posted:

That's basicaly how limousines are made.

You take a car, cut it in half, and weld some more car in between.

There's another company that makes 4 door prius limos.

Indeed

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 1, 2023

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I have no idea what that is in normal people units, but if you date someone who isn't forklift-certified, that's very much a you problem so you can pick the toilet up yourself.

It's ~100 kg.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Lol it's the car equivalent of this:

They were made for each other.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Determine To Make a Difference

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Behold: Schrodinger's Inspection Ticket:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Wow, that's rough

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I see it as "Fix X Y and Z Items and you pass, but I trust you enough/am too lazy to come back and check"

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I think it says something about pancakes?

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

It's like a prescription written by a house doctor.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
*NOTE!!

MISSING BOX’S
OUTSIDE LIGHTS
+
GARAGE PANCAKE
BOXES NO CONNECTION

* MUST FIX PRIOR
TO FINAL

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Platystemon posted:

*NOTE!!

* MUST FIX PRIOR
TO FINAL

No poo poo.

I mean, why.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Was that just a rough-in inspection? I don’t think that kind of thing is unusual.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://i.imgur.com/LDql5dS.mp4

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

No poo poo.

I mean, why.

Rough inspections require the walls to be open. The top note is them passing this part. Meaning they can sheetrock/patch/whatever now.

The failure is final inspection and a list of why it would fail. They can do those things as well as close the walls before calling for a final.

This is a good code official who is helping them keep their job moving.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Motronic posted:

This is a good code official who is helping them keep their job moving.

You are throwing me back 20 years where I rented an apartment in college that was being built the summer before and they kept getting stopped whenever a minor mistake was found and I ended up spending a couple of months in a hotel room (paid by the rental company) until it finally was passed.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

As someone with no plumbing knowledge, how bad is this? Don't shower until it's fixed bad, or I can use these shelves until I have the money to do it right bad?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

As someone with no plumbing knowledge, how bad is this? Don't shower until it's fixed bad, or I can use these shelves until I have the money to do it right bad?

So the main issue here is that if something DOES go wrong, it's likely going to go wrong in a space where you won't immediately notice it and where the water damage will be a LOT worse than just about anywhere else.

Secondly, you're almost guaranteed that water's going to get into that little space just from normal showering stuff, so hope you like black mold.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

On the plus side, it’s super convenient to water the flowers outside that window now

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

If someone was so shortsighted to put a shower on a wooden cabinet door, what are the odds that the rest of that tub space has any water proofing at all? Isn’t it just going to turn to a soft mold hell pretty quick after regular use.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Just found this Substack and so far I like it a lot. Probably of interest to a lot of people in this thread:

https://constructionphysics.substack.com/

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PurpleXVI posted:

So the main issue here is that if something DOES go wrong, it's likely going to go wrong in a space where you won't immediately notice it and where the water damage will be a LOT worse than just about anywhere else.

On the other hand, if you're opening that regularly you're more likely to notice an issue then a solid tiled up wall. I also love the electrical cable in there.

Your second point is entirely valid though.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

:golfclap:

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Happy Friday night with bourbon, everyone.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

That would be a good place to keep a few shower beers.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That looks like a San Francisco Special, except none of the houses here have basements.