Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Wolverine really overcompensating for that time he didn't have a nose.
(A vs. X #2)

UGHK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
That’s not a nose, that’s a beak

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wolverines have snouts. His finally came in.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I'm the best at what I do, and what I do is SQUARRK

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Fury of Firestorm, The Nuclear Man #9 (1983)
Pencils: Jerome Moore
Inks: Rodin Rodriguez
Colors: Tom Ziuko

Silent Hill: Sinner's Reward #1 (2008)
Artist: Steph Stamb

Bodycount #4 (1996)
Pencils & Inks: Simon Bisley
Colors: Steve Lavigne
Computer Colors: Altered Earth Arts

Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #7 (2001)
Pencils & Inks: Bill Sienkiewicz
Colors: June Chung

Strange Tales #156 (1967)
Pencils, Inks, & Colors: Jim Steranko

The Horror Show #1 (2005)
Pencils: Mark Kidwell
Inks: Mojo
Colors: Mike Kelleher

Captain Atom #79 (1966)
Pencils: Steve Ditko
Inks: Rocco "Rocke" Mastroserio
Colors: ?

Fantastic Four #129 (1972)
Pencils: John Buscema
Inks: Joe Sinnott

Spider-Man: Web of Doom #3 (1994)
Pencils: Anthony Williams
Inks: Sam de la Rosa
Colors: Bob Sharen and Joe Andreani

Monster Menace #1 (1993; reprints)
Pencils: Jack Kirby
Inks: Dick Ayers

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Liam Sharpe's Hulk is ridiculous and I love it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
When I think of Superman, this is what pops in my head.

https://twitter.com/travischarest/status/1620997752393170944?s=46&t=3RyERtfvkb93Y9aK-T3o2Q

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The eyes of of a killer.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is it how the picture displays on my phone, or does the blue of that costume have barely any detail or definition. It seems really out of pace with the extremely detailed face. Like he is from a movie where they green screened out his suit and replaced it was a Roger Rabbit cartoon body but kept the human head and hands.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yes, it's weird. Detail worthy of a Ren & Stimpy close-up for his head and hands, 2-dimensional MSPaint Fill tool for the suit.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I assume they took an existing picture and slapped a simplified costume over the top.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It even looks like it's not quite opaque. The top of the thighs and the left arm both seem to have the ghost of detail underneath.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Y’all are hard to please

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Joe Fisto posted:

Y’all are hard to please

No but I am easy to disappoint.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Lobok posted:

No but I am easy to disappoint.

That’s what my dad used to say to me all the time

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like it, it looks like a decent fitting costume but not the "tight to the point it drat near looks like body paint" look like some artists draw superhero costumes

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It needs shading to really bring out the volume of those trunks.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

goatface posted:

It needs shading to really bring out the volume of those trunks.

Yeah. It either needs more detail on the costume or less detail on the face, as-is I can't help but think it looks a little unfinished. Conceptually though I think it's not bad, just needs a bit of extra polish.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

catlord posted:

Yeah. It either needs more detail on the costume or less detail on the face, as-is I can't help but think it looks a little unfinished. Conceptually though I think it's not bad, just needs a bit of extra polish.

Yeah, I like the basic concept, a pushback against the insanely-jacked Superman. (Why wouldn't he have the body closer to a 50s strongman, just with a little less fatty tissue thanks to better dietary understanding, or maybe Christopher Reeves? It's not like he's got a lot of opportunities to work his neck muscles unless he's got some really weird gym equipment in the Fortress of Solitude; I see him working mostly larger muscle groups through exercising his powers in the line of duty.)

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Honestly I love it, I think it's a great way to emphasize the iconic nature of the suit itself instead of the physique of whoever's wearing it while still having him feel like a real person. It'd be a hard sell for a comic or something but as a single piece, fantastic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Admiralty Flag posted:

Yeah, I like the basic concept, a pushback against the insanely-jacked Superman. (Why wouldn't he have the body closer to a 50s strongman, just with a little less fatty tissue thanks to better dietary understanding, or maybe Christopher Reeves? It's not like he's got a lot of opportunities to work his neck muscles unless he's got some really weird gym equipment in the Fortress of Solitude; I see him working mostly larger muscle groups through exercising his powers in the line of duty.)

I mean, logically he should either be skinny as poo poo, or kinda chubby depending on how Kryptonian metabolisms work in regards to burning calories while resting. You build muscle by pushing muscles to their physical limit and they rebuild themselves larger, something he never did for the first 2 decades of his life and still barely ever does now. But trying to apply logic to the physiology of Superman is a fools errand.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Skwirl posted:

I mean, logically he should either be skinny as poo poo, or kinda chubby depending on how Kryptonian metabolisms work in regards to burning calories while resting. You build muscle by pushing muscles to their physical limit and they rebuild themselves larger, something he never did for the first 2 decades of his life and still barely ever does now. But trying to apply logic to the physiology of Superman is a fools errand.

Turns out powered up kryptonians dont do atrophy

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Skwirl posted:

I really like the way Alex Ross depicts him

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/HeGotGronch/status/1622054469730181120

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

How long does it take Stokoe to draw this poo poo?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

his twitter is great, check him out

https://twitter.com/HeGotGronch/status/1613745354146734086

the embedded image is a lot larger than what it's scaled and cropped to be at first glance

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Jared Muralt by way of Terry Moore (who also has a good twitter game):

https://twitter.com/TerryMooreArt/status/1622077857546608640

https://twitter.com/JaredMuralt/status/1583123698437193728

https://twitter.com/JaredMuralt/status/1582335743883890688

https://twitter.com/JaredMuralt/status/1573580652338974720

https://twitter.com/JaredMuralt/status/1544953524257177601

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

I really like the coloring on these

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Is it just me, or is this a really awkward panel layout?

(Black Cat mini #4, Javier Pulido)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

that looks so weird must be deliberate for some reason?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
It's breaking the 180 degree rule, which can be broken deliberately to create confusion or unease. I don't feel like that's what's happening here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/180-degree_rule
edit: Looking at it again, what breaks me is how her arms in the second panel follow from her shoulders in the first panel, but her hands in the first panel also follow from her shoulders if her arms were visible.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 9, 2023

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Also, her face is just one flat surface with nose and mouth and whatnot painted on. Very Picasso.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's bad art gents. Take no pleasure in saying that. :smith:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
First panel's decent av material, tho.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
No, I wouldn't call it bad art.

The face itself is Javier Pulido, and his style can work for you or not. The top and bottom panel are clearly separate but line up, to help clarify that the head in the top panel belongs to the body in the bottom panel, even though the angle is different. I think he's trying to keep the association clear because there are 2 black cats in that issue?

It's not a great set if you focus on it, but I can see it helping to keep things clear if you're reading through.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

StumblyWumbly posted:

. I think he's trying to keep the association clear because there are 2 black cats in that issue?

It's not a great set if you focus on it, but I can see it helping to keep things clear if you're reading through.
I was mostly confused by Black Cat not being blonde. So that context helps a lot.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Doorway to Nightmare #4 (1978)
Pencils & Inks: Johnny Craig
Colors: Adrienne Roy

Ghost Manor #58 (1981; reprints)
Pencils & Inks: Enrique Nieto

Ghost Rider #77 (1983)
Pencils: Bob Budiansky
Inks: Kevin Dzuban
Colors: Andy Yanchus

Daredevil / Black Widow: Abattoir (1993)
Pencils, Inks, and Colors: Joe Chiodo

Annex #2 (1994)
Pencils: Paris Karounos
Inks: Matt Banning, Yancey Labat, Rodney Ramos, and Vin Evans (across the whole issue; no idea about this specific panel)
Colors: Chia-Chi Wang

Monster Menace #3 (1994)
Pencils, Inks, and Colors: Steve Ditko

Green Lantern & Sentinel: Heart of Darkness #1 (1998)
Pencils: Paul Pelletier
Inks: Dan Davis
Colors: Jason Wright

Spider-Man & Wolverine #2 (2003)
Pencils & Inks: Vatche Mavlian
Colors: Paul Mounts

Spider-Man & Wolverine #3 (2003)

Spider-Man & Wolverine #4 (2003)

Punisher War Journal #19 (2008)
Pencils & Inks: Howard Chaykin
Colors: Edgar Delgado; Jesus Aburtov

And a bonus panel from a Daisy air rifle ad.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Darthemed posted:

Ghost Rider #77 (1983)
Pencils: Bob Budiansky
Inks: Kevin Dzuban
Colors: Andy Yanchus

I didn't know Ghost Rider was a member of Harlem Heat.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Darthemed posted:

Punisher War Journal #19 (2008)
Pencils & Inks: Howard Chaykin
Colors: Edgar Delgado; Jesus Aburtov

Imagine how strong you’d have to be that you could lift and drag a manhole cover with shoes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
never skip toe day