Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It’s kind of dumb but also really brave for making the monsters the real monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

However stupid you thought the human characters were in the first film, they are infinitely insanely stupider in Part 2

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I didn't see Quiet Place part 2 but Bird Box is really dumb so don't watch that :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think A Quiet Place is even dumber than Bird Box probably.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
I hear ChatGPT's ancestors wrote Bird Box.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I DNF'd Picard s1 so I can't imagine how loving dreadful s2 would have to be in order to do worse.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Name Change posted:

I DNF'd Picard s1 so I can't imagine how loving dreadful s2 would have to be in order to do worse.

Season 2 plot Picard and friends go to an anomaly in space where his name is being called, and an ultra advanced Borg emerges from the anomaly, teleports to his ship, and begins assimilating them. Q then sends Picard and friends to an alternate timeline where the evil Federation is in charge busy doing fascism and genocide and stuff. They figure out that something was changed in the past to create this future, so they use a captured Borg queen to travel back to 2025 to try and stop things. There they hang out with a young Whoopi Goldberg's character, as Picard and friends try and figure things out. The Borg queen manages to escape by assimilating with Allison Pill. They fix things eventually (I honestly don't remember how), and go back to the future, but leave Borg Queen Allison Pill in the past who will start a newer, kinder Borg, and only assimilate people who want to be assimilated. Back in the future, Picard wakes up back at the anomaly, and it turns out that the advanced Borg was actually Borg Queen Allison Pill who came to ask for a peace with the Federation.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 4, 2023

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

Season 2 plot Picard and friends go to an anomaly in space where his name is being called, and an ultra advanced Borg emerges from the anomaly, teleports to his ship, and begins assimilating them. Q then sends Picard and friends to an alternate timeline where the evil Federation is in charge busy doing fascism and genocide and stuff. They figure out that something was changed in the past to create this future, so they use a captured Borg queen to travel back to 2025 to try and stop things. There they hang out with a young Whoopi Goldberg's character, as Picard and friends try and figure things out. The Borg queen manages to escape by assimilating with Allison Pill. They fix things eventually (I honestly don't remember how), and go back to the future, but leave Borg Queen Allison Pill in the past who will start a newer, kinder Borg, and only assimilate people who want to be assimilated. Back in the future, Picard wakes up back at the anomaly, and it turns out that the advanced Borg was actually Borg Queen Allison Pill who came to ask for a peace with the Federation.

That's really stupid, I'm impressed they found a way to run Borg even further into the ground

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m not much of a Rian Johnson fan but Poker Face is great so far

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

veni veni veni posted:

Cunk on Earth is really funny

Randomly found this the other day and it’s great. A pitch perfect dumb comedy to watch as a palate cleanser.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cunk is a cross between a space alien and a Tory.

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Cunk on Earth is great, every single line out of her mouth is comedic. The interactions with experts are pure gold

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
i couldnt care much about previous cunk but so far this has been amazing

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's really drat funny. My fiancee was getting annoyed about how much I was laughing at it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SwissDonkey posted:

Cunk on Earth is great, every single line out of her mouth is comedic. The interactions with experts are pure gold

I like when I recognize them, this guy is in it

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
oooh Jim Al-Khalili is one of my favorite popular physics presenters, and I bet he has a good sense of humor. I will have to check that out

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

Chris James 2 posted:

However stupid you thought the human characters were in the first film, they are infinitely insanely stupider in Part 2

This family just lost their father to the sound monsters and everyone just fucks off in different directions it makes no sense. Still has cool parts though.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Kill All Cops posted:

i couldnt care much about previous cunk but so far this has been amazing

Same, previous stuff always fell flat for me, maybe half the jokes do in this series too but it's still a laugh-a-minute

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Is Barry Shitpeas in this edition of Cunk?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just watched a recent movie called Spiderhead which is streaming on Netflix and it suuuuuucked

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Titan 1C, the worlds first single use submarine.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I just watched a recent movie called Spiderhead which is streaming on Netflix and it suuuuuucked

hemsworth as a cocky tech guy who somehow is also a chemical/neuroscience engineer doing things completely on his own lol.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

veni veni veni posted:

Hurt myself laughing watching the first episode.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Cunk on Earth's running gag of Pump Up The Jam has me in tears every time.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Finished Dead to Me last night.

Really really enjoyable and super emotional the back half of the season. Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini's chemistry is just insane. I feel like with Applegates likely exit from acting after this they were channeling some super real and raw emotions.

Intense stuff.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

distortion park posted:

Same, previous stuff always fell flat for me, maybe half the jokes do in this series too but it's still a laugh-a-minute

Was Charlie Brooker as involved with the previous ones? He's top billing on this one

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

ok is anybody actually watching the walking dead. Netflix says people are but i must be losing my mind because surely it fizzled out and went away years ago.

Not currently. But I think there are a lot of people, like me, who invested enough time in the show to want to see it through now that it's finished. Didn't care enough to watch the last four or five seasons until later on, but for background noise while doing something else....I'm guessing people will see it through.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

veni veni veni posted:

Yup. Very dry. Does stray further into complete idiocy than I'd like....but overall it's very funny. First episode was so funny that it set me up for a little bit of a let down later....seeing as how none of the episodes after were close to as good.

For some reason....calling the buffaloes in the cave paintings "cows" and then later referring to them as early human's enemies who they were waging a war on got me real good.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Yup. Very dry. Does stray further into complete idiocy than I'd like....but overall it's very funny. First episode was so funny that it set me up for a little bit of a let down later....seeing as how none of the episodes after were close to as good.

For some reason....calling the buffaloes in the cave paintings "cows" and then later referring to them as early human's enemies who they were waging a war on got me real good.

I watched the first two episodes last night. My wife pointed out that some of the experts seemed to get the gag, and some had no clue. And each were entertaining for different reasons.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Not currently. But I think there are a lot of people, like me, who invested enough time in the show to want to see it through now that it's finished. Didn't care enough to watch the last four or five seasons until later on, but for background noise while doing something else....I'm guessing people will see it through.

I was a big Walking Dead fan for years although I did check out after one very annoying cliffhanger. After the series finale I was thinking okay I'll watch the last few episodes I've missed, get some resolution.

Turns out I've missed 103 episodes! 58% of the show! What the hell??

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I was a big Walking Dead fan for years although I did check out after one very annoying cliffhanger. After the series finale I was thinking okay I'll watch the last few episodes I've missed, get some resolution.

Turns out I've missed 103 episodes! 58% of the show! What the hell??

i looked away for one second and they made like 8 more seasons. maybe i can find a guide online for "episodes where the humans work together and things are fine"

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

It took Last of Us three episodes to outdo every episode of TWD. What a waste

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

magiccarpet posted:

It took Last of Us three episodes to outdo every episode of TWD. What a waste
I feel like the point of TWD was to last one billion episodes, so Last of Us has some work to do

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Man Black Panther 2 was boring.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

mcmagic posted:

Man Black Panther 2 was boring.

Yup. And too drat long.

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
You can't say that - the lead actor is a dead minority.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I had to burn a 7-day STARZ subscription to watch X-Men Origins Wolverine for free (don't ask) so I did it on the Roku Channel then decided to give the first season of American Gods a shot since I remember liking the book twenty years ago and will probably never watch it otherwise.

Its kind of bad? It has excellent casting and a clearly huge budget and it just doesn't work, though part of it I think is just how hard it leans into kind of a 90s music video aesthetic for all the action scenes and how wry half-winking Neil Gaiman dialogue works on a page but falls flat in live-action. I think its most effective in the mostly-disconnected vignettes, but it never feels cohesive, even if all the actors are doing a good job.

Basically 0 for 2 on live-action Neil Gaiman adaptations from my youth (Good Omens was dire). Maybe eventually I'll get around to being disappointed by Sandman also :sigh:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Monglo posted:

What is this post

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Monglo posted:

Jeebers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Take Shelter is on Hulu. It's from a while back but it might just be my favorite movie