Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vermain posted:

wanted: dead looks like a genuinely fun game that isn't trying to be anything other than that, and i might pick it up solely for that reason

kinda feels like the year's already getting packed with Just Fun games with it and hifi rush coming out so close together

Pushing my own joke off the page but I feel obligated to show the game I actually mentioned as opposed to the crappy one from the xbox b game era lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z5Z8KgjqMU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
gungrave gore looked like a decent throwback in trailers as well and turned out atrocious so I’m tempering my expectations

it would be nice if that generation of mid-tier action game became trendy again though

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

gungrave gore looked like a decent throwback in trailers as well and turned out atrocious so I’m tempering my expectations

it would be nice if that generation of mid-tier action game became trendy again though

i'm more than ready for an era of midshelf $30-50 titles with tight scopes that swing for the fences

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Neko-chan mode...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i got elden ring for 50$

and now i cant watch dvds because its prolly never leaving my ps4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

verbal enema posted:

i got elden ring for 50$

and now i cant watch dvds because its prolly never leaving my ps4

This is the problem I have with my Switch and Ring Fit Adventure

The extra effort of swapping game carts makes me less likely to do anything else with the system lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I know I'm old but I just realized another marker of me being old is that I still think the gamer drink is Mountain Dew, not Monster

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the little old lady at the cigarette store was like "i have those alcoholic monsters now" and i was like fuuuuuck thaaaat and left with my bud ice tall boy 3 pack

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i genuinely cannot remember the last time my PC had an optical drive, although that might be a consequence of me doing my own builds and it not being on the recommended parts list

it's always kinda mindblowing thinking about the pace of technological change, to the point where disc media has mostly vanished and video chat just unceremoniously became A Thing at some point after being a far future scifi staple for decades

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah but can you do it on your watch

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I only drink Protochol, the alcoholic protein seltzer

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thinking about the scene in demolition man where sly stallone gets a wrong number video call from a naked woman coming out of a shower. Hasnt happened to me yet

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

another fun shitpost phenomenon ruined because the people who made it think they will make it bigger with a non-shitpost, gravely miscalculating the internet's general attention span

https://twitter.com/antumbral/status/1621554304443351042?s=46&t=rvQhEZ6n6Aq8Acv-XSKaRQ

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jay Rust posted:

Thinking about the scene in demolition man where sly stallone gets a wrong number video call from a naked woman coming out of a shower. Hasnt happened to me yet

that movie is a top notch movie

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why are tech bros so determined to remove humanity from art idgi

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

hatty posted:

They hate art

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

hatty posted:

hard to see something in art that you dont have inside yourself

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
They're idiot "brain=computer" types so they think if brain make art then computer make art

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty posted:

besides the above, there are a number of idiots who think that if bots take over commercial art, then artists will be free to make whatever art they want. how will they pay rent? don't worry about that. the government will surely establish UBI once they see how many jobs are taken by AI. time to eat more rocks

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hatty posted:

they're either singularity morons seeing it as a stepping stone on the road to AI divinity, or people who understand that the ability to do with some computers what currently requires huge teams of people is a big cost-cutting measure that would make them instant billionaires if they were the first to the finish line

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

hatty posted:

Computer people have no souls

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

finally a game for me, horror fishing

https://twitter.com/BlackSaltGames/status/1621508807149998082?s=20

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

another fun shitpost phenomenon ruined because the people who made it think they will make it bigger with a non-shitpost, gravely miscalculating the internet's general attention span

https://twitter.com/antumbral/status/1621554304443351042?s=46&t=rvQhEZ6n6Aq8Acv-XSKaRQ

lol, so it was actually made by true believers, that explains how they supposedly spent four years making it - probably intended as a proof of concept or pitch for a bigger project.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

It's a bummer, they're smart enough to make something like that but dumb enough to not understand the appeal of what they made.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

That is one hell of a trailer. Wish there was some gameplay though.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

The 7th Guest posted:

Alas, Faux-Seinfeld, it was fun.

Isn't the point of that great AI dream or whatever is that the AI does all the boring menial work, leaving more room for us to do the fun stuff, like create art?

I can only assume the true motivation is making the megamillions or whatever.

In short:

Srice posted:

It's a bummer, they're smart enough to make something like that but dumb enough to not understand the appeal of what they made.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Why would you want to watch the same thing forever....? Things have beauty because they end

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Right, even if the AI were somehow suddenly human level writer, an infinite TV show just sounds like really bad TV. Shows can already go on for too many seasons or episodes as it is.

You can already see it not working with the Seinfeld thing, very disjointed, inability to remember events or things going on, haven't even programmed in a rule of three because it doesn't understand anything.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

External Organs posted:

That is one hell of a trailer. Wish there was some gameplay though.

there's some on the steam page, it is indeed a fishing game with what looks RE style inventory tetris, plus sailing around and exploring, it looks really cool

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

hatty posted:

Because they have no respect for art, they just see it as a capitalist venture. They want to lower the cost of production while simultaneously massively increasing the output, quality is not important to them.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Tea is infinitely better if it's made with the water at the right temperature and steeps for the right amount of time (which is largely a matter of preference!).

Naturally, I mostly just have peppermint tea which is best with the hottest water my kettle makes, and can steep for any amount of time because it just gets more minty instead of bitter like black teas. It's perfect for my ADHD rear end brain, cause I just let the electric kettle go til I remember what I was doing, then let it sit til I once again remember what I was doing, and sometimes I happen to remember when it's at the perfect temperature to chug the whole mug and everything feels great.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Because they have no respect for art, they just see it as a capitalist venture. They want to lower the cost of production while simultaneously massively increasing the output, quality is not important to them.

the ones at the top think that, the others are just the kind of chump who need to ascribe mystical paradigm-shifting importance to their toys

the biggest AI art evangelist on this forum literally thought the programs were sentient

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 3, 2023

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Truspeaker posted:

Tea is infinitely better if it's made with the water at the right temperature and steeps for the right amount of time (which is largely a matter of preference!).

Naturally, I mostly just have peppermint tea which is best with the hottest water my kettle makes, and can steep for any amount of time because it just gets more minty instead of bitter like black teas. It's perfect for my ADHD rear end brain, cause I just let the electric kettle go til I remember what I was doing, then let it sit til I once again remember what I was doing, and sometimes I happen to remember when it's at the perfect temperature to chug the whole mug and everything feels great.

It's not a matter of preference.

Green: 3-4 minutes
Black Tea: 4 minutes
British Oversteeped black teas (you NEED to add milk): 4-6 minutes
White Tea: I dont possess the fatal flaw of hubris so I've never tried

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

Why would you want to watch the same thing forever....? Things have beauty because they end

Heh... tell that to an mmo player...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I cant believe the 外人 who possess none of the etiquette of the civilized and cannot appreciate the Tea Ceremony. As barbaric as the cyclops who has no notion of xenia....

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Topo Chico, now there's a real drink

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I can't imagine chugging any of these hot beverages, I drink them to feel as warm as possible for as long as possible and the optimum temperature for me is when it's hot enough to barely sip

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can't drink anything hotter than lukewarm.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

It's not a matter of preference.

Green: 3-4 minutes
Black Tea: 4 minutes
British Oversteeped black teas (you NEED to add milk): 4-6 minutes
White Tea: I dont possess the fatal flaw of hubris so I've never tried

Well, right, exactly, within those specific ranges you can go short or long, to preference, is what I meant. I can never actually remember the times unless it's on the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There was an opinion piece published in NYT or WP or whatever written by a tech bro who said that AI art is gonna put entitled artists in their place and allow everyone access to their privileged way of life or some bullshit so at least some of it is nerds who couldn't even hack it at drawing so they developed complexes and want to get rich while getting their revenge for when a classmate drew a really good Twilight Sparkle and impressed the girl they liked in 6th grade.