Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Illinois' student section does one road game a year, this year was supposed to be the Iowa game Saturday but the Iowa athletic department cancelled their tickets. The Orange Crush can't get their deposit back on buses, etc and are out 6 grand or so.

https://twitter.com/TheOrangeKrush/status/1620956279739916288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Iowa is the loving worst.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think that gives the SEC to Alabama pretty much, what a lovely performance

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizou on pace for about 40 3 point attempts tonight

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I know Tech is broke, but a wet cardboard box could coach better than Josh Pastner.

they shouldn't even let Pastner get on the plane back home

edit: Florida State :wtf:

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 2, 2023

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Is Florida State ok

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm beginning to think Minnesota isn't good.

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I know Tech is broke, but a wet cardboard box could coach better than Josh Pastner.

While Memphis had to go through the doldrums of the Tubby Smith years, I'm still happy Georgia Tech took Pastner and his contract off our hands. He even won an ACC coach of the year with them! Maybe he can go coach Louisville?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

mcmagic posted:

Iowa is the loving worst.

Nah the people who tried to buy 200 tickets for their dumb student group by claiming they were for a “Boys and Girls Club” are the loving worst

https://twitter.com/iowahoops/status/1620979300957818881?s=61&t=MaX9HEWKWowIUSdJOfUpMA

edit: someone in the Orange Krush is about to be fired out of a cannon for making such a dumb, easily disproven lie and then getting their organization to defend them before the truth came out

Edit2: I’ve been informed that “lie about the group they represent” is a thing they do on the reg so my opinion has gone from “someone is about to get fired” to “gently caress around, find out”

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 2, 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DC Murderverse posted:

Nah the people who tried to buy 200 tickets for their dumb student group by claiming they were for a “Boys and Girls Club” are the loving worst

https://twitter.com/iowahoops/status/1620979300957818881?s=61&t=MaX9HEWKWowIUSdJOfUpMA

edit: someone in the Orange Krush is about to be fired out of a cannon for making such a dumb, easily disproven lie and then getting their organization to defend them before the truth came out

Lmaooooo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mizzou seems pretty hard to beat if they're hitting a billion threes.

They seem pretty easy to beat if they are not.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I had a small glimmer of hope that Oklahoma would start winning some games in the big 12 after the game against Alabama. Turns out the sec is just a bunch of frauds.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

DC Murderverse posted:

Edit2: I’ve been informed that “lie about the group they represent” is a thing they do on the reg so my opinion has gone from “someone is about to get fired” to “gently caress around, find out”

This is a tough one, do I like Iowa for doing the right thing here? Can I like Iowa? At least I'm laughing about it either way.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mons Hubris posted:

Is Florida State ok

Nobody in the ACC is okay. The Hoos are gonna win it, in the ugliest conference tourney ever played. Bet heavy on the under.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
IU in Bloomington still scares me this weekend but I'm glad we're playing our best basketball right now heading into it.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
gently caress pitt gently caress duke the heels suck the refs suck and the whole game sucked.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Michigan/Northwestern is the definition of a Rock Fight. First to 50 wins.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Florida Atlantic, in possession of the nation’s longest win streak, in danger at UAB. likely their biggest impediment to a one-loss regular season

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power

elentar posted:

Florida Atlantic, in possession of the nation’s longest win streak, in danger at UAB. likely their biggest impediment to a one-loss regular season

I was at the game. We played our first real complete game of the year and spanked them 🥳

First time I've looked forward to the Conference Tourney in weeks

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

But late here, but lol Vols

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Men's ball used for 1st half of FSU-Duke women's game.

I could kinda understand how it would happen at a high school game, but how is there a men's basketball anywhere near the arena floor for a standalone women's game?

ESPN posted:

This wouldn't be the first time this has happened in women's basketball. In 2017, the College of Charleston played home games and practiced with men's balls for most of its season until the error was discovered.

:staredog:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RC and Moon Pie posted:

practiced with men's balls for most of its season

:pervert:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Men's ball used for 1st half of FSU-Duke women's game.

I could kinda understand how it would happen at a high school game, but how is there a men's basketball anywhere near the arena floor for a standalone women's game?

:staredog:

how is it possible that the first person to touch it did not realize it.

if I accidentally pick up a women's ball at the gym, it is immediately obvious

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

mdemone posted:

how is it possible that the first person to touch it did not realize it.

if I accidentally pick up a women's ball at the gym, it is immediately obvious

Yeah this is loving me up, the players would have noticed before the tip

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
They might be so used to it happening a lot and not having it be resolved that they don't mention it anymore and just deal with it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Gorman Thomas posted:

Yeah this is loving me up, the players would have noticed before the tip

Maybe they warmed up with women's balls and then the game ball was somehow a men's ball?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Hokies coming out in full ambush mode, if they can win today the schedule's pretty favorable the rest of the way for them to still make something of the season

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Will the Clone choke in the second half again? Let’s hope not.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Gonna be some absolute hatred in Cameron Indoor tonight. Both teams may be frauds but we ruined Coach K's final season and there's not a drat thing they can do about it.

Edit: I won't begrudge anyone rooting for meteor tonight though.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

elentar posted:

Hokies coming out in full ambush mode, if they can win today the schedule's pretty favorable the rest of the way for them to still make something of the season

Clemson or Pitt is going to win the ACC

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

elentar posted:

We're gonna gently caress this up

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

mdemone posted:

We're gonna gently caress this up

not today, VT just wanted it more or some similar cliché. could still see the Hokies putting on a run in the ACCT, the talent's there and they could get on a tear

UVA could also run the table from here* if they learn from this, not the worst loss to take

* (err, in the league, they're going out early in the NCAAs)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Huge sigh of relief. We needed a win as bad as we have in a little while.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

elentar posted:

not today, VT just wanted it more or some similar cliché. could still see the Hokies putting on a run in the ACCT, the talent's there and they could get on a tear

UVA could also run the table from here* if they learn from this, not the worst loss to take

* (err, in the league, they're going out early in the NCAAs)

We are all going out in the first round of the dance. It'll be legendary

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

mdemone posted:

We are all going out in the first round of the dance. It'll be legendary

its gonna be absolutely incredible

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bullshit that this counted as a home game but Rutgers took care of business.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

looks like NC State will just about avoid a humiliating, season-wrecking loss at home against Georgia Tech

UVA is going to whip State so bad on Tuesday but that one won't matter in the least

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ahem. gently caress Kansas. Thank you.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Auburn-Tennessee has been an atrocious slog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Tennessee got away with the foul there. Any other point in thr game that gets called.