Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's a reason Texas essentially has its own power grid, and it's to ignore regulators and own the libs.

Edit: the regulations aren't even that stringent, as California proves nearly every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I hope Adam Dudley is okay

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Buschmaki posted:

I hope Adam Dudley is okay

he lives in japan now so he's fine

gently caress

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wow i COMPLETELY forgot about Aachi & Ssipak

it has been a looooong time since i logged into crunchyroll

also gently caress u crunchyroll i own Sound Of The Sky AND the art book so i dont need your ~premium~

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 3, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Arc Hammer posted:

I imagine it was too much to ask for the state government to fix the issue after the last winter storm caused so much damage.

EXCUSE ME we are currently busy spending taxpayer dollars on sending immigrants to better states so maybe we can get a THANK YALL

Anywho I'm excited to watch Captain Tylor. Goofy rear end show

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i dont have premium so crunchyroll is useless for me but i saw Memories is on tubi so ill check that out

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's real good. Magnetic Rose is the standout but the more I think about it the more I feel that Cannon Fodder is my favourite of the three segments.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

I imagine it was too much to ask for the state government to fix the issue after the last winter storm caused so much damage.

Texas is always prepared to self-own for a quick buck, or savings

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Required viewing for why Texas is fail af:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-cR5udlJ5E

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I just watched episode 24 of season 2 of K-On and it was pretty much perfect. I know there are still some episodes left, and a movie, but I kind of feel like it should just be over now. I'm obviously going to keep watching though.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

lol. Ginyu comes back in DBS?

Why am I not surprised?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I just watched episode 24 of season 2 of K-On and it was pretty much perfect. I know there are still some episodes left, and a movie, but I kind of feel like it should just be over now. I'm obviously going to keep watching though.

yeah that's the actual ending, the remaining stuff is bonus eps that take place before it, as does the movie

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kwyndig posted:

There's a reason Texas essentially has its own power grid, and it's to ignore regulators and own the libs.

Edit: the regulations aren't even that stringent, as California proves nearly every year.

California is just a different flavor of don't tread on me hell. we just don't apply it to things poor people use and want so a bunch of petit bourg can feel like they've Made A Difference banning menthol cigarettes while the state quietly replaces it's fire department with slave labor. also even though they keep fining PG&E for killing like a million people through not doing maintenance for 40 years the legislature keeps authorizing them to raise rates so it's actually twice as profitable to simply murder your customer base.

every single big fire that's been in the news for the last like 5 years was directly caused by the power company out here lol

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its -36C with windchill outside and its snowing so hard I cant see across the street. Thank god I worked early and got off just as this poo poo hit.

Got to watch a transport truck slide down a hill and take 4 other vehicles with it.

Now I get to watch S1E1 of K-On in my comfy warm room with a nice hot tea and ignore the frozen hellscape outside.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
idk what celsius is but I had to go to 3 hours of classes in 18 F before windchill and now that I'm home I'm going to play guitar for like 4 hours like my hero, Bocchi the Rock

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

When your down around the -30's the differences between Fahrenheit and Celsius just sorta of disappear. -36 celisus is like -35f and like that 1 degree difference means nothing!

Now switch all weather forecasts to Kelvin so that way it'll make things seem warmer!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

-40 is literally the same temperature in F and C.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

SatoshiMiwa posted:

When your down around the -30's the differences between Fahrenheit and Celsius just sorta of disappear. -36 celisus is like -35f and like that 1 degree difference means nothing!

Now switch all weather forecasts to Kelvin so that way it'll make things seem warmer!

thats only true because theyre approaching the convergence point at -40, past that the difference gets bigger again. for example -90c is -130f

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Arc Hammer posted:

It's real good. Magnetic Rose is the standout but the more I think about it the more I feel that Cannon Fodder is my favourite of the three segments.

all around it was a good time for sure

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

-40 is literally the same temperature in F and C.

Its also really really loving cold.

I just tried shoveling and got a 10 foot square done before I had to come back in.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

lol awesome

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

wtf how long has your avatar had a sneaky polar bear?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

im gonna watch taisho baseball girls

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also this is really good avatar material

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Zetsubou-san posted:

wtf how long has your avatar had a sneaky polar bear?

I... actually dont know. I think the whole time but I am not 100% sure now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Thankfully it's only -11c today here so it's not totally freezing but winter sucks imo

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like Winter, because you can always wear more clothes, but in the heat there's a certain point where you cant take off more clothes

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its the windchill that makes it miserable. A calm cold day with the sun out can still be a nice day. Add in 25-40km/h wind gusts and that suddenly makes everything poo poo. Toss some blowing snow into the mix and now you know what hell frozen over would feel like.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I said I was going to watch K-On earlier but I ended up starting Girls' Last Tour instead. Its not what I was expecting, but I think I like it enough to finish it this weekend.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Furnaceface posted:

I said I was going to watch K-On earlier but I ended up starting Girls' Last Tour instead. Its not what I was expecting, but I think I like it enough to finish it this weekend.

It's pretty much the best anime ever

Yuu is 100% my spirit animal,
I hope you enjoy the rest of it!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Furnaceface posted:

Its the windchill that makes it miserable. A calm cold day with the sun out can still be a nice day. Add in 25-40km/h wind gusts and that suddenly makes everything poo poo. Toss some blowing snow into the mix and now you know what hell frozen over would feel like.

-17, feels like of -24 baby :canada:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Currently 3F out here which is -16C aww yeah

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
-25 windchill to -30 and going down to -40 tonight.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Heard a lot of sirens out there while shoveling. News is now saying jackknifed tractor trailers at both the north and south entrances on the highway that runs through the city forcing all the Friday evening traffic into the streets where people are sliding into everything.

I have never felt so comfy hiding out in a giant blanket watching anime. If I had some hot chocolate right now it would literally be perfect.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

you can't run from K-On forever you bastard

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Why do all the anime girl guitarists play les pauls

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

symbolic posted:

you can't run from K-On forever you bastard

Probably not but its gonna keep happening in the immediate future!

Buschmaki posted:

Why do all the anime girl guitarists play les pauls

Easy to draw and recognizable by even people with little to no musical training would be my guess.

Funny since Ibanez are my favourite guitars and also made by a Japanese company to boot but I never see them in popular media.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

verbal enema posted:

i dont have premium so crunchyroll is useless for me but i saw Memories is on tubi so ill check that out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Fmj4azUiQ

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
My favorite anime guitar is that the guy in Beck just straight up has the actual Lucille for some reason, but it's also a les paul??? lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Guitars are fun and cool and I wish I could afford to get one again. I havnt played in probably 14 or 15 years at this point.

Probably one of the big reason I avoid K-On and Bocchi. Sadness that I cant play along.