Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean he’s laughing as he says it and Rodgers is a very NorCal kinda guy. He won’t play for them because the Packers won’t trade him there but I don’t think he legitimately holds a grudge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

what about aaron rodgers' personality makes you think he wouldn't hold on to every petty grudge he could

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

what about aaron rodgers' personality makes you think he wouldn't hold on to every petty grudge he could

Ok that’s fair.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Why would the Niners want a washed up, spent Aaron Rodgers when they could get a washed up, spent Tom Brady?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The niners aren’t taking on 90 million for a fourth starting QB

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

CharlestheHammer posted:

Which is why he said it, but...

kidcoelacanth posted:

Also this

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

And the Packers never in a million years would trade him there anyway, never mind the fact the niners have no draft picks to trade to begin with

[e] maybe he can go to the Jets first for one season, and then the niners :v:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lot of smoke over the past day of the Saints going hard for Derek Carr, per guys like Jeremy Fowler and Nick Underhill. Dennis Allen drafted him.

quote:

How will the Carr saga play out in Vegas?
Fowler: A league exec openly wondered this week whether the Raiders would cut Derek Carr before he participates in the Pro Bowl flag football game Sunday, since an injury there could trigger his $40.4 million guarantee early. The money, based on 2023-24 salary, officially locks in Feb. 15. Carr said Thursday night he wasn't going to extend that trigger date to give Vegas more time.

Pro Bowl aside, I get the sense that some teams will want to rework his deal to facilitate a trade, possibly spreading out that guarantee over multiple years. The Raiders are trying to control the trade and haven't given Carr (who has a no-trade clause) permission to shop his services.

Watch for the New Orleans Saints here. A Carr-Saints connection was buzzing a bit in Mobile, and they could be a suitor. New Orleans has a first- and second-round pick from the Sean Payton deal, and head coach Dennis Allen coached Carr during his rookie year in Oakland.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Feb 3, 2023

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I get why they haven't given him permission to seek a trade. Doing so just let's him negotiate a contract for when the Raiders actually cut him. This let's the Raiders present him with a couple options as to where he can go and they can still get comp.

That said, it won't work, and lol that the Raiders are somehow STILL loving this up and Josh McDaniels is doing the SAME poo poo he did to the Broncos.

NO has no cap space anyway. And why would he want to go somewhere that gives up picks for him when he can just wait a week and either get 40M guaranteed OR be cut and go to an organization that still has all those picks to build around him?

Jesus Christ the Raiders are so loving stupid and I love it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

No Butt Stuff posted:

I get why they haven't given him permission to seek a trade. Doing so just let's him negotiate a contract for when the Raiders actually cut him. This let's the Raiders present him with a couple options as to where he can go and they can still get comp.

That said, it won't work, and lol that the Raiders are somehow STILL loving this up and Josh McDaniels is doing the SAME poo poo he did to the Broncos.

NO has no cap space anyway. And why would he want to go somewhere that gives up picks for him when he can just wait a week and either get 40M guaranteed OR be cut and go to an organization that still has all those picks to build around him?

Jesus Christ the Raiders are so loving stupid and I love it.

So are you saying he's going to draft Anthony Richardson? That would be the cherry.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All this to get rid of a QB who's a) definitely still better than whoever's immediately replacing him and b) not one of any of the real major problems that will still need to be fixed in the coming months to make next season any better than this season

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

So are you saying he's going to draft Anthony Richardson? That would be the cherry.

I would be surprised if one of three things didn't happen:

1) Sign Jimmy G to a deal that's about the same as what Carr is leaving
2) Draft Richardson
3) Draft a QB in the 4th or later and go all in on him week one.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I still think it is hilarious that they think they can trade him. They have zero leverage and if I were Carr, I'd not help them at all. Helping them is not in his best interests. Just tell them you won't waive your no trade clause.

I hope he gets hurt just enough at the pro Bowl to completely gently caress the Raiders because that'd be best comedy option.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sataere posted:

I still think it is hilarious that they think they can trade him. They have zero leverage and if I were Carr, I'd not help them at all. Helping them is not in his best interests. Just tell them you won't waive your no trade clause.

I think Carr's the type of guy who would work with them if they weren't screwing him over too much and landed on a team that was somewhere he wanted to go.

That's a pretty big if of course. God the Raiders are dumb as hell until proven otherwise.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You can do it easily, the Packers got a pretty decent package for Adams and from what we know it was the raiders or nothing

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

CharlestheHammer posted:

You can do it easily, the Packers got a pretty decent package for Adams and from what we know it was the raiders or nothing

The difference here is the Raiders are the one trading the asset and the fact that they were the only place Adams would go shows how dumb they were to give up that much.

Grittybeard posted:

I think Carr's the type of guy who would work with them if they weren't screwing him over too much and landed on a team that was somewhere he wanted to go.

That's a pretty big if of course. God the Raiders are dumb as hell until proven otherwise.

I think he's the type of guy who will sacrifice for his team, but since they are trading him, they aren't his team anymore.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I think its 100% this. I can't imagine Carr looking around the league and wanting to be a Texan but he would have to look at places like Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa, the Jets and even the commanders and think they'd be decent landing spots. Three of the teams would be able to sign him to an extension with the trade given their current cap situation and all of them have enough picks in the 2-5th rounds over the next two drafts to put together an acceptable package.

If the Raiders were smart they would have just sat him down and asked him for a list of where he would want to go and taken the best possible offer, even if it's a third rounder and a 7th or something. Instead the Raiders have tried to play coy and everyone out there is happy to just wait because they know the cuts coming and betting on the raiders loving it up is always a safe bet.

I know we always have the debate about "lol every team will just wait" but I think long term giving up a 3rd or a 4th or whatever would be acceptable for a team to be 100% sure they're going to get him if they feel he's their guy and not get outbid by another team willing to pay him an extra couple of mill at the last minute. More so when you consider how close some teams have been to getting their guy just to get pipped at the post, like when Carolina thought they had Stafford locked up in a trade until their team landed in Charlotte and found out the Rams had swooped in to outbid or when they were locked into taking Herbert only to miss out by one pick or if you know you can't afford another losing season like Saleh.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Carr will be traded or released by the end of the weekend probably.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1621629334229327874?s=46&t=C7sBw9aUeCseZIXrHnJlrg

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How much he going for? A second?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How much he going for? A second?

I think that would make sense. I would be happy if carolina spent that.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I cannot imagine him getting traded for that much unless the cap hit is substantially lower than what he would cost as a free agent.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Derek Carr will go for two firsts

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean I think Carr is a bit overrated but people downplaying what he will get after watching how QB trades tend to go are crazy

He will get a good return

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Maybe not. Looks like Schefter being used to kickstart a market.

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1621646294371520514?s=46&t=C7sBw9aUeCseZIXrHnJlrg

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Raiders have done a great job tanking his value. The poor price ain't going to be the 1s they think they're getting

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Raiders have done a great job tanking his value. The poor price ain't going to be the 1s they think they're getting

Give em these 1s

……..…../΄―/)………… (\―`\
…………/….//……….. …\\….\
………../….//………… ….\\….\
…../΄―/…./΄―\………../― `\….\―`\
.././…/…./…./.|_……_| .\….\….\…\.\..
(.(….(….(…./.)..)..(..(. \….)….)….)… )
.\…………….\/…/….\. ..\/……………./
..\…………….. /……..\……………..…/
….\…………..(…………)……………./

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

carr for tee higgins str8 up. got to get something for that guy and fast

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

DariusLikewise posted:

Derek Carr will go for two firsts

He's worth it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm sure there's no way Carr's agent would be talking to teams on the sly

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Carr should probably go for a first and a second.

But the Raiders are stupid for getting rid of him. After they did him dirty, I hope he refuses to waive his no trade clause.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Garafolo thinks there less than a 1% chance Carr would agree to trade and this is headed for a release.

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1621666499524976640?s=61&t=4TKp1a1cnuepcsK4gyxR-A

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Diva Cupcake posted:

Garafolo thinks there less than a 1% chance Carr would agree to trade and this is headed for a release.

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1621666499524976640?s=61&t=4TKp1a1cnuepcsK4gyxR-A

Raiders gonna raider

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

DEREK CARR WAS THE BEST loving QUARTERBACK THE RAIDERS SAW SINCE GANNON AND THEY DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO gently caress HIM OVER.
OH CARR IS THE PROBLEM, NOT A COACH CAROUSEL.

gently caress the Raiders.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

So what you're saying is that Carr is a coach killer.

Simplex fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 4, 2023

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would normally say this is just Josh McDaniels doing the same thing he did with Jay Cutler but apparently Mark Davis also hates Derek Carr and wants him gone?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I would normally say this is just Josh McDaniels doing the same thing he did with Jay Cutler but apparently Mark Davis also hates Derek Carr and wants him gone?

If I place myself in the shoes of a Raiders fan (god forbid) or a member of their organization I cannot imagine disliking Derek Carr. I am not a Raiders fan and don't think he's all that good, but he's good enough and...well there was a decade before that you lived with no one at QB. Random fact: Daunte Culpepper led the Raiders in passing in 2007, and this was very decidedly not the good version of Culpepper. Andrew Walter led them in passing yards one year, I dare you to tell me who Andrew Walter is.

If they break it down they should break it all the way down and tank and go for Caleb Williams/whoever else might be the top pick next year. Which they might do whether they choose to or not to be fair.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think both Mark Davis and Josh McDaniels are the types of managers who want validation from their reports more than anything else. I'm guessing Carr isn't giving them that (because they are bad).

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Tricky Ed posted:

I think both Mark Davis and Josh McDaniels are the types of managers who want validation from their reports more than anything else. I'm guessing Carr isn't giving them that (because they are bad).

Also, Carr almost certainly carried more respect in the locker room than either of them ever could. So, if he was pushing back against whatever Patriot Way nonsense McDaniels was trying to install, it would have given the rest of the team license to do the same.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Getting rid of a starter who's got the talent and the mental toughness to dual for tight games like he's shown multiple times in the past that you don't have to pay elite money is just the dumbest move from the Raiders given how loving hard it is to find a QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's just a matter of talking Brady back out of retirement. Should only take 2 months max.