Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

A lot of people genuinely don't have the desire or capacity to imagine consequences so AI Art is just a weird fun thing, why are people so mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

mutata posted:

There was an opinion piece published in NYT or WP or whatever written by a tech bro who said that AI art is gonna put entitled artists in their place and allow everyone access to their privileged way of life or some bullshit so at least some of it is nerds who couldn't even hack it at drawing so they developed complexes and want to get rich while getting their revenge for when a classmate drew a really good Twilight Sparkle and impressed the girl they liked in 6th grade.

For some reason it didn't line up with me that the same guys who are trying to invent sexbots to put women in their place want to invent other technologies to put their other perceived enemies in their place

Also I forever lol that the same dudes who a decade or so ago were militant athiests are now spending their entire lives trying to create the Omnissiah

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 3, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/03/nyregion/eliot-spitzer-lawsuit-condo-nyc.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Yakuza 0 is real and it's happening in New York City.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So Hi Fi Rush is good, and I can see that this is going to be a contender for a lot of poeple's GOTY list. It's got a ton of style and it's very charming.

However I just finished chapter 4 and the cracks of this game starting to become really apparent, at least for my personal tastes. There is just a lot of platforming in this game but the movement is absolutely not designed around platforming even a little bit. So a lot of the platforming feels pretty bad, especially considering how much the game wants you to stay on beat. I just did an escape sequence which I usually LOVE, but the platforming in this game isn't good so it just ended up being frustrating. The combat is fun but it kind of feels like they want to do TOO much. I don't enjoy the partner mechanic very much, but you have to use them for certain enemies. The accessibility options for combat mechanics are barely anything which is also a disappointment. And also this is really just a personal taste thing, but I'm already starting to get tired of the music, despite it being good. I really wish each chapter was a different genre of music, because it's all starting to sound pretty samey to me. I get the whole gimmick is this dude thinks he's a rockstar, but I'd like a change of pace from the rock music. This is probably my biggest problem with the game. I imagine people who are super into this music will obviously love it going the whole way through, but I want a break from it. One chapter being this, one chapter being pop, one chapter being country, etc etc would be something I'd be way more into.

The game is very stylish, I love the PS2 era feel of the game, the voice acting is fantastic (Erika Lindbeck rules), the animation is great, I love the transitions to 2D animations it does from time to time. I like what it's trying to do and it nails the feeling of PS2 game that really wants to try something new. But the more I play the less charmed I'm becoming

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
between hi fi rush, theatrhythm and all the 3ds games i need to snap up before the marketplace dies, this is a very good time for rhythm games and a bad one for my bank account

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The partner actions in Hi-Fi Rush rule once you start learning how to use dodge/parry counters since you'll usually get a free action on whatever shield-breaking property they have. All of them have their own unique combo ender that usually results in some launcher for another combo. Just awesome stuff.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Speaking of rhythm games (Hi-Fi Rush is great from what I played on game pass so far), I picked up Rhythm Sprout after trying out the demo a while back and it's pretty great. Glad there's so many good rhythm games on PC now like Muse Dash, the Unbeatable demo, DJ Max, and the a good amount of indie stuff.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mr E posted:

Speaking of rhythm games (Hi-Fi Rush is great from what I played on game pass so far), I picked up Rhythm Sprout after trying out the demo a while back and it's pretty great. Glad there's so many good rhythm games on PC now like Muse Dash, the Unbeatable demo, DJ Max, and the a good amount of indie stuff.

rift of the necrodancer is theoretically going to come out at some point, too; kinda feels like a small renaissance for the genre

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Vermain posted:

rift of the necrodancer is theoretically going to come out at some point, too; kinda feels like a small renaissance for the genre

I still need to play more of Necrodancer, I love it but I'm terrible at it. Can keep rhythm fine it's just learning the enemy patterns, need to try it again. Definitely a lot better than when I felt my best rhythm game option for less than 10 year old games was buying a SDVX controller (that I now use for Miku instead).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mr E posted:

I still need to play more of Necrodancer, I love it but I'm terrible at it. Can keep rhythm fine it's just learning the enemy patterns, need to try it again. Definitely a lot better than when I felt my best rhythm game option for less than 10 year old games was buying a SDVX controller (that I now use for Miku instead).

If you want a Necrodancer experience that's a little bit more approachable, if you have a Switch try out Cadence of Hyrule

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Official Mario movie poster:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

there's something just slightly off about mario's face and i think his mustache might be too small. idk

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

there's something just slightly off about mario's face and i think his mustache might be too small. idk

the mustache lacks texture for some strange reason, there's no wisps of hair on the tips or the bottom so it looks like a piece of plastic stuck to his face

they have it on luigi's face and DK's fur sure has texture so maybe someone just forgot to flip an effect back on before rendering

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

anyone want a goodbye probation before the admins process the request to remove my ik buttons

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bowser is the largest character on the poster, they know what the people want.

Also what's with the random Paratroopa. Is there going to be one that's an actual character?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Metis of the Hallway posted:

anyone want a goodbye probation before the admins process the request to remove my ik buttons

the end of an era...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vermain posted:

the mustache lacks texture for some strange reason, there's no wisps of hair on the tips or the bottom so it looks like a piece of plastic stuck to his face

Don’t spoil the post-credits scene

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Yeah gimme a sixer. Can you put in a funny picture?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

I will partake in the final metising

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Propaganda Hour posted:

Yeah gimme a sixer. Can you put in a funny picture?

well hang on, now i have to google 'funny picture' so this is gonna take at least another ten minutes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Google "gamer"

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The picture I have chosen is funny to me

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'd pin the entire first page of the subforum again as a farewell gesture but when I did that astral told me off so I'm too scared

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

StableDiffusion "gamer"

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Thanks for being a cool IK

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Mode 7 posted:

Thanks for being a cool IK

The secret is to never do anything

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'll take a sixer it's been like 15 years since my last one.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I'm going to sleep now so give me one as well. Make mine the poster for that Mario movie.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

another one bites the dust. how many is that this week lol

https://cfx.game.onstove.com/en/news/281

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do it nerd

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Getting out of modding Games before you-know-what comes out is just the smart thing to do tbh

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah you’re gonna want all the free time you can get to play Theatrhythm!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Getting out of modding Games before you-know-what comes out is just the smart thing to do tbh

Hey, are you talking about HARRY POGWARTS?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He Who Must Not Be Gamed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oppo games as service. haha

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Do it nerd

lol i messed this up sorry it was meant to be this

https://i.imgur.com/fmMPTtc.mp4

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

You were very good at taking advantage of your limited abilities

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Are the companies cleaning house for an end of quarter/end of fiscal year reason or something? Absolutely astounding clustering of cancellations going on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's been like 9 games that have shut down in the last week or so, but one doesn't count because it's transitioning to a sequel/new client and allowing players to keep their profiles.