Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
thats just silly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The new Ibanez acoustics look cool and you dont need to spend on all the electric guitar stuff. But I can understand the romanticized melancholic solitude of seeing people playing instruments and not being able to do so irl

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Probably. Im also just a really big procrastinator and those shows keep getting pushed down the list as I go back to shows I only got part way through.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's 3 degrees fahrenheit at work and the heat ducts push heat out so weakly you can't feel it 4 inches away from the grate, and I can see my exhaled breath while walking around inside the building. Excellent

Buschmaki posted:

I like Winter, because you can always wear more clothes, but in the heat there's a certain point where you cant take off more clothes
that's quitter talk

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

PRS bros wwa

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Buschmaki posted:

The new Ibanez acoustics look cool and you dont need to spend on all the electric guitar stuff. But I can understand the romanticized melancholic solitude of seeing people playing instruments and not being able to do so irl

i have super bad coordination even though i like music a lot so i shan't ever be learning to play probably. but maybe I'll buy a $100 fender some day and become the Xbox live voicemail guy.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I almost bought one of these: https://reverb.com/item/57127432-tokai-ate-sakura-limited-edition-namm-in-pale-pink-with-maple-fb-and-hardshell-case

Tokai ftw

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Been going thru a rewatch of it and yeah, OK, GRIDMAN's pretty decent. Vibing more w it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Freezing my rear end off today with it being -30 with windchill

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

thats a very pretty guitar

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

verbal enema posted:

thats a very pretty guitar

Tokai has a bunch of very beautiful finishes on their old fender copies
https://reverb.com/item/10631239-tokai-breezy-sound-paisley-telecaster-paisley
https://reverb.com/item/60562698-tokai-custom-made-in-japan-sakura-silver-star-stratocaster
https://reverb.com/item/64842842-tokai-goldstar-sound-ast-126-bp-black-paisley-stratocaster-type-made-in-japan-ast126bp

And their original aluminum shapes look sick
https://reverb.com/item/41376961-tokai-talbo-c-1980-s-electric-blue-aluminum-original-vintage-mij-japan

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I just watched episode 24 of season 2 of K-On and it was pretty much perfect. I know there are still some episodes left, and a movie, but I kind of feel like it should just be over now. I'm obviously going to keep watching though.

did you cry?
i cried

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Went to AMKE today. Bought some prints from an artist I follow on twitter. My boyfriend was gonna cosplay as Bocchi, but the wig got messed up and neither of us know how to deal with long hair so that idea is put on hold until the next convention we go to lol

Overall good time.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

This Girls' Last Tour show is actually really good. Why was I putting this off for so long?!

e: Think Im gonna put it on pause once I finish episode 5 though. Leave the rest for tomorrow since its still going to be cold as hell outside and I will want something nice to watch inside where its warm.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 4, 2023

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

This Girls' Last Tour show is actually really good. Why was I putting this off for so long?!

read the manga

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

littleorv posted:

Freezing my rear end off today with it being -30 with windchill

I am also extremely cold. :(

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

marumaru posted:

read the manga

Im an anime-only guy, sorry. :(

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Imagine having the ability to read Dungeon Meshi and choosing not to.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Furnaceface posted:

e: Think Im gonna put it on pause once I finish episode 5 though. Leave the rest for tomorrow since its still going to be cold as hell outside and I will want something nice to watch inside where its warm.

And the "to watch" list grows longer...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bad Seafood posted:

Imagine having the ability to read Dungeon Meshi and choosing not to.

I'm waiting on Trigger to come off their coke binge and release the first season.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

verbal enema posted:

And the "to watch" list grows longer...

I started episode 6 anyway. :v:

Yuu is great.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Read and finished the manga for Girls' Last Tour last year and the ending might stick with me for the rest of my life

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

I've got a Reverb watch for Edwards and a few Japanese guitar stores and I probably need to go ahead and make one for Tokai and some of the other Japanese brands.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Furnaceface posted:

I... actually dont know. I think the whole time but I am not 100% sure now.

you can copy the link to your avatar and change the number at the end to cycle through your history. by replacing the 3 at the end with a 2 for example, we can switch to the avatar you had immediately before this one. and the answer is...

yeah it was always there but for some reason you got the same avatar twice

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also the girls last tour anime is decent but it doesn't cover the ending at all. doesn't include the chapter where they find an abandoned marijuana den and get high either. you do get some anime original episodes though, the one where they get drunk is original but also gets referenced later in the manga confirming all those episodes are canon

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RuBisCO posted:

Read and finished the manga for Girls' Last Tour last year and the ending might stick with me for the rest of my life

Yeah it's a doozy

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Im an anime-only guy, sorry. :(

oh :(
missing context from my post: the anime doesnt reach the end of the story, and it's a really good ending

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

GateOfD posted:

did you cry?
i cried

I'm not really a crier, but my eyes did get a little moist, which imo is a pretty big achievement for a cute anime about high school girls. Back when I cried slightly more often than now I used to reserve a tier in my head for media that made me both laugh and cry, and while the latter criterion is basically N/A these days for whatever reason, between that ending and all the laughter that preceded it, this was easily one of my favorite anime ever.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

girls last tour anime is an all-timer for me. manga is very good too, cant go wrong either way

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Furnaceface posted:

I... actually dont know. I think the whole time but I am not 100% sure now.

https://goons.neocities.org/?av=https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/f4/b0/00066893.0003.jpg&name=Furnaceface

yeah that's an always

the same avatar being there twice is probably if you got red-texted or you added a gang tag

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aw man, I forgot I had a Tatami Galaxy av at one point

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://goons.neocities.org/?av=https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/f4/b0/00066893.0003.jpg&name=Furnaceface

yeah that's an always

the same avatar being there twice is probably if you got red-texted or you added a gang tag

you know i think i did not see this in the brief window someone apparently bought it for me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah I had blanked it and gave your old one back immediately

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
what yhe

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't think aru would say that. seems out of character

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Colonel posted:

you know i think i did not see this in the brief window someone apparently bought it for me

well that's yikes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Very poor choice of laser beam colors imo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You assume that poo poo is unintentional

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
Sword Art Online: the Movie - Progressive - Scherzo of Deep Night was not very good in my opinion. the scenes with mito are pretty much the only compelling character moments and there are 1.5 of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the end credits are 90% clips of asuna and mito doing stuff (mostly from the first movie) followed by a single static shot of asuna and kirito holding hands in front of a sunset, and i can't think of a more appropriate analogy for what the movies want to do vs what is forced to happen