Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Frankly I find it sickening that the camera shows the wall in front of the couch. AI has gone too far, this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Watching them slowwwwly sit down while still talking, or everyone shuts up to do "sit down time" gets me every time.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
ok i ate an edible and this poo poo is funny again lol

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Whistling rear end in a top hat posted:

yeah twitch really needs like breakout rooms or sub-rooms or something like that, especially for channels like this where the peanut gallery comments are a huge part of what makes it good. it really loses something when there's tens of thousands of people all spamming the same dumb poo poo in the span of 5 seconds or whatever. hopefully there's a good solution for it soon

i kind of think a whole entire chat-window full of
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
is pretty funny in its own way.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Doctor Dogballs posted:

i kind of think a whole entire chat-window full of
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
NEW RESTAURANT
is pretty funny in its own way.

also the speed of the chat scroll quickky drowns out any trolls

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
https://twitter.com/antumbral/status/1621554304443351042

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
This is incredible because it just keeps going but whenever there should be a punchline it just starts a new scene. There are no punchlines.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Hairy Right Hook posted:

This is incredible because it just keeps going but whenever there should be a punchline it just starts a new scene. There are no punchlines.

In the glorious AI dominated future, inane small talk will function as jokes and actual jokes will be phased out.

lmao, I just found the humor.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

jerry seinfeld definitely regretting the day he called the singularity silly

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Well that is a real shame, because this is much funnier as a parody of that attitude than a representation of it

That said, they are not totally wrong. Largely wrong, yes, but seriously, in ten years at the very least you could probably have automated shows acting out coherent scripts that might occasionally accidentally be really interesting

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Linux Pirate posted:

In the glorious AI dominated future, inane small talk will function as jokes and actual jokes will be phased out.

lmao, I just found the humor.

This is much funnier than when I thought that the joke was that there aren't any jokes.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Dr. Quarex posted:

Well that is a real shame, because this is much funnier as a parody of that attitude than a representation of it

That said, they are not totally wrong. Largely wrong, yes, but seriously, in ten years at the very least you could probably have automated shows acting out coherent scripts that might occasionally accidentally be really interesting

At the rate this is progressing we'll be seeing "Millennial AI Engineers Killed the Prime Time TV Industry!" in a few years

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

on the other hand the channel subtitle says always weird so i think they're a bit self aware

e: also its tagged satire

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 4, 2023

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Stairmaster posted:

on the other hand the channel subtitle says always weird so i think they're a bit self aware

e: also its tagged satire

im hoping they're just chasing some fat VC check after it went semi-viral

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I don't think they're saying it's the future of entertainment like that tweet is suggesting at all. They seem like people who are interested in the technology and seeing where it goes.

What's with this attitude of "Ah poo poo, we have to cancel them now because they dared to ask 'what WILL happen when we can perpetually generate Seinfeld episodes'?"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you know that star trek holodeck episode where its just datas everywhere

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
These worry levels are making me grinche

I love that this is completely senseless unless you have been watching for the last couple of hours
(I'm at work, what else am I gonna do, OK?)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

In 20 years there will definitely be infinitely long AI generated tv shows and they'll probably be pretty decent and quite funny.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i like how larry’s stand up bits sound like mitch hedberg sets sometimes

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

J

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

In 20 years there will definitely be infinitely long AI generated tv shows and they'll probably be pretty decent and quite funny.

Not necessarily. Why take the time to create an algorithm that produces quality programming when generating bots that juice the viewership would be much easier and cheaper?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

It’s missing something without the Kramer analog busting through the door or George’s parents.

The sole fixation of on food and restaurants must be the AI’s longing hunger for sensation or a commentary on human’s insatiable appetites.

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
yeah this the kind of poo poo AI is going to do. I'm pretty astonished it already has 10k viewers on twitch constantly 24/7. It seems to have the rhythm (timing) of a comedic scene but not the melody(the setup to punch line). It reminds of a podcast I listened to where they were discussing earworm music (songs or jingles that get stuck in your head) and the reason they're catchy is because they never full to resolve to the tonic. In Nothing, Foever, the jokes don't come from a standard sitcom setup to punchline but from the meta cringeyness of the whole project, but something about that comedic knowledge built tabula rasa from pure data is fascinating because it working on grabbing our attention more and more.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I'm surprised that nothing more than PG content has gotten through. You very rarely get something controversial like larry telling a homeless guy to get a job, but I guess the openai system has an ironclad filter on adult language by now.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
People wouldn't watch this on TV, the real time experience is part of it, and people will move on to the next thing and the next.

That tweet quote may be dumb in the sense of, this isn't replacing tier A content any time soon, but there is probably already a race to the bottom happening, to find ways of making self generating and updating content that farms clicks and people's time.

Recent articles about how CNet has been hollowed out and turned into a thing which uses AI text to steer low income people towards scammy credit products ( https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/19/23562966/cnet-ai-written-stories-red-ventures-seo-marketing ) seems like a dark harbinger of part of the future of entertainment.

It's not that different than all the weird kids song videos on YouTube with slightly different video or music, but it will soon be good enough that you have to consciously process that you're being fed procedural bullshit.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
You occasionally get the Kramer stand-in saying something mildly racist (usually something like "Let's not go to the new restaurant, I don't like foreign food") which, ngl, is pretty funny.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Can't wait for them to introduce Newman.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousTameAlbatrossDxCat-CcEJTTZa-0rF86LV

https://clips.twitch.tv/BillowingFrozenOcelotDxCat-YZUFG_BKCLSztOe-

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObeseFantasticButterSaltBae-MOqWD6As7JYUlRDB

Lister fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 4, 2023

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Tuned in just in time for a stand up bit, with Larry riffing about the circus.

"The circus isn't what it used to be.

'at least you get to see a clown'

WRONG!

The only clowns I see are in the audience!"

actually made me laugh

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
*Getting more and more visibly agitated worrying about the future of quality sitcoms like Two Broke Girls.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Why did the chicken cross the playground?
To get to the other slide.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
llamma llamma ding-dong

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Why did the chicken cross the playground?
To get to the other slide.

Larry hammering the audience with jokes that set.

Love it when he slo-mo slides into the chair

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is the Sitting On A Chair animation AI learning/generated too?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfIYxjuh4cE

For people who don't believe in gravity.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I think what warped the robot is that Jerry sometimes had setups that got laughs. Without knowing that only jokes get laughs, it can’t just put punchline after set up. Therefore the humor and the laff track is essentially random until the corpus stumbles upon siri’s joke list. Dam!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Beartaco posted:

Can't wait for them to introduce Newman.

Yeah, and they should have a Monk's Cafe setting too.

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

Revins posted:

Tuned in just in time for a stand up bit, with Larry riffing about the circus.

"The circus isn't what it used to be.

'at least you get to see a clown'

WRONG!

The only clowns I see are in the audience!"

actually made me laugh

i was watching for a little bit earlier and also saw this and it was definitely the highlight of my small 15-minute watch. even the timing was pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
yvonne sometimes slams the other characters to their faces

just now she said "yeah, and for the first time Fred could actually be useful to someone"