Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Whoever mentioned DS9 thanks, it's hooked me in a way TNG never really did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lemniscate Blue posted:

As if 9 seasons of that show wasn't enough of a plague on humanity.

lol what

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lemniscate Blue posted:

As if 9 seasons of that show wasn't enough of a plague on humanity.

Ladies and gentleman, this is why you never go full retard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I can understand not liking it but that hyperbole is just nutty

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I said what I said and I stand by it. Among other things, it made Jerry Seinfeld a celebrity and they guy is just a colossal douchebag.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

bengy81 posted:

I've been dealing with sleep apnea and snoring, and I'm borderline on the tests so insurance won't cover anything. The solution is to keep paying out of pocket for sleep studies and hope one of them gives the desired result, or pay thousands of dollars for alternative treatments through a dentist or ENT. LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOW GLAD I AM THAT THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T CONTROL MY HEALTHCARE

Insurance is weird with sleep apnea.

I had to deal with this, right when I got really fat over covid. I was lucky with good company insurance that covered the sleep tests and the CPAP machine....BUT....... they had a rule where I had to use it for 6 months before they would cover 100% of it. Statistically, most folks don't keep up with using CPAP, so it has a 3G/4G modem that "phones" home your sleep data to your Doctor for a while and if you wind up using the machine on a fairly regular basis you'll get it covered. I guess too many $1000-2000 machines wound up being unused.

But gently caress Healthline in Austin Texas, the CPAP supplier, they robocall the poo poo out of me for resupplies, even though it was cheaper for me to buy it direct from the manufacturer on Amazon. I mean.. CPap mask replacement, filters and a hose ran me $40-50 and those guys wanted $200 for the same stuff. I guess they figured I would get reimbursed from insurance anyways and the price didn't matter but it did to me.

That and they didn't tell me my machine was part of that big Phillips global recall 2 years back and were fine just to keep selling me supplies in the meantime. Assholes.

But yeah, that CPAP machine helped a ton, made a huge difference. Hopefully when I get back in shape I can stop using it.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 4, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

DS9 is an excellent TV story with some filler here and there. TNG is a collection of superb filler, with occasional story to try and tie it together. TNG is an amazing relic of a bygone era of TV where you really can pick up almost any random episode and it stands on its own as an excellent bit of character acting in a setting, whereas DS9 you can only sometimes watch out of order

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Imagine having the TOS/TNG/VOY mindset of "there's kind of an overarching plot but it's mostly a series of standalone episodes" and jumping into DS9 with the Eddington/Maquis episode where Sisko snaps and does war crimes and trying to figure out what the holy gently caress is going on.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Stultus Maximus posted:

It could literally just be a weather balloon gone missing.

Except someone is actually steering it.

Is this actually real? I've been assuming it's fake, but I haven't actually seen a statement that "No you idiots obviously we're not doing that" like I expected.

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Cross posting but chances of that are increasing

Taking bets on whether you get more fireworks from Knoxville/Gatlinburg or Fayetteville/Bragg.

I'm only a couple hours off the path...I kinda want to go see the balloon.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 4, 2023

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The GOP must have been reading the earlier chat

https://twitter.com/_phillipsmorgan/status/1618648723764170753

I imagine the US House security staff are thrilled to have inert grenades circulating the building.

Also 'mission-oriented' :barf:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Terrifying Effigies posted:

The GOP must have been reading the earlier chat

https://twitter.com/_phillipsmorgan/status/1618648723764170753

I imagine the US House security staff are thrilled to have inert grenades circulating the building.

Also 'mission-oriented' :barf:

With these chuckle fucks I'd be worried about it actually being a live round.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Countdown till one ends up in a butt...

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

stealie72 posted:

M79 this bussy like I’m in apocalypse now, Representative Ocasio-Cortez

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

maffew buildings posted:

https://twitch.tv/watchmeforever An AI was given the Seinfeld catalogue and is now making it's own Seinfeld episodes from here to eternity

Is this actual AI or something written by a human masquerading as AI as Keaton Patti did?

His "scripts" were hilarious until people realized he was the AI.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Still better than the Office.

Dear God this.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Brits fire back

https://twitter.com/grahamHmoore/status/1621576829667516416?s=20&t=B08lki4L8P8D51SaXBp2SQ

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
While the American version of The Office missed the entire point of the show as laid out by the UK version, it did catapult John Krasinski to the great heights he now occupies as JACK RYAN, a true AMERICAN HERO who is BUFF AND COOL and has a HOT WIFE and is NOT SOME DWEEB WHO HAS DUMMY ACCOUNTS HE USES TO RESPOND TO PEOPLE WHO INSULT HIM ONLINE

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Creed Bratton is the best thing about the Office.

The only good thing.

Krasinski isn't worth my time to think of insulting.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
I still don't understand how the Czech Republic is used as a flashpoint with Russian tanks on the border ready to roll.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

lightpole posted:

I still don't understand how the Czech Republic is used as a flashpoint with Russian tanks on the border ready to roll.

Less likely to get hit by a iskander while shooting than Ukraine(which i guess is what it was originally written for).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

maffew buildings posted:

While the American version of The Office missed the entire point of the show as laid out by the UK version, it did catapult John Krasinski to the great heights he now occupies as JACK RYAN, a true AMERICAN HERO who is BUFF AND COOL and has a HOT WIFE and is NOT SOME DWEEB WHO HAS DUMMY ACCOUNTS HE USES TO RESPOND TO PEOPLE WHO INSULT HIM ONLINE

Kinda wish Dwight took him to the farm

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

VSOKUL girl posted:

DS9 is an excellent TV story with some filler here and there. TNG is a collection of superb filler, with occasional story to try and tie it together. TNG is an amazing relic of a bygone era of TV where you really can pick up almost any random episode and it stands on its own as an excellent bit of character acting in a setting, whereas DS9 you can only sometimes watch out of order

There are certain episodes of TNG that stand out, particularly the one where they wind up in a losing war with the Klingons through time fuckery, but it just never really got me. Almost from episode 1 DS9 had me.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ds9 was the only trek worth watching until lower decks that wasnt made by jj

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
buncha lunatics itt

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

stealie72 posted:

technically a flared base

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
All Star Trek is good except a lot of Voyager. Sorry I don't make the rules. This includes Enterprise and (surprisingly) Prodigy

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Soul Dentist posted:

All Star Trek is good except a lot of Voyager. Sorry I don't make the rules. This includes Enterprise and (surprisingly) Prodigy

Prodigy is legit good.

Lower Decks is the best Trek.

I can’t get into Picard.

Brave new worlds is good trek.

Never got into DS9 or VOY or ENT

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Red letter media absolutely savaged Picard, if that means anything

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Stravag posted:

Ds9 was the only trek worth watching until lower decks that wasnt made by jj

Strange New Worlds is surprisingly good, they allow them to have some peaceful exploration and character development.

Enterprise was a frustrating show, badly cast captain hobbled storytelling along with the bad idea to have them chasing the post 9/11 Suliban. But oddly season 4 was good and could feel them turning it around, it has the best mirror universe ep in trek.

So much wasted potential with the storyline of a pre-federation Earth. Have them forced to retreat constantly because they’re just a minor power. Have colonies get enslaved by the Breen and not be able to do anything about it. Instead we got Klingons running in cornfields for some reason.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Red letter media absolutely savaged Picard, if that means anything

I’ve only seen season 1, would call it worst Trek. They could have had a retired Picard visit his friends and get into little fun adventures so fans could see how their favorites are doing. Check in on Troi on Betazed, visit Chief O’Brien at the academy, tour the shipyards with Admiral Riker. Could have been a relaxing send off to the characters.

Instead we got Romulan sword fighting space elves, bringing back minor characters only to kill them off (my wife was upset when a Voyager character had an eye ripped out in a gruesome scene), Riker & Troi had a kid who of course died why not it adds misery, all in service of a Mass Effect ripoff plot. Felt like they were trying to mimic Game of Thrones but only took the lessons of killing off characters & downer plots.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/vmsalama/status/1621939937229651971?t=_VvTuBD2L2zWSIP-pddEew&s=19

DoD's gonna blow up the balloon off the coast, then pick up the pieces :toot:

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1621942439580766209?t=NI5Sd-3rzamwwB8LxjgyqA&s=19

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Milo and POTUS posted:

Kinda wish Dwight took him to the farm

Dwight going postal would have been a believable plot.

Dwight totally would've been into Trump/QAnon.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Creed Bratton is the best thing about the Office.

The only good thing.

Krasinski isn't worth my time to think of insulting.

That show lived and died by the secondary and ancillary characters.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
boop

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1621957505776586753?t=ZiSl_Q3yA7Gz4kc_WXSO_g&s=19

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
That was cool to see live. It was obvious that it was gonna happen when they set up the tfr

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
(long, slooooow slide-whistle)

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1621958595557433347?s=46&t=PnPnyEi37to6g_2iwVTe9g

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

RIP balloon boy

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Does that pilot get to paint a balloon on their jet now?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The pilot is probably already on his way to a medal ceremony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Project M.A.M.I.L. posted:

Does that pilot get to paint a balloon on their jet now?

RIP to that pilot, a balloon his only air to air kill, forever more known as Balloon Boy.