Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drizzle my drizz'it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rpikih8AJB1r0uzl6.mp4

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

aaaaah

ai may destroy us all but we'll have a few laughs along the way.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ulmont posted:

not counting the main monologue from I have no mouth and I must scream, also that one paradox forums guy about how how sunset invasion took away his ability to feel human.

Context: Sunset Invasion is a "what if" scenario where the aztecs develop transatlantic boats first, and invade Europe during the times of Crusader Kings, before Europeans have guns and whatnot. Somewhat similar to the mongol invasion, but from west to east instead of east to west.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/casualisation-and-streamlining.647344/

quote:

Nov 17, 2012
Add bookmark
October 31st, 2012 is a day I will always remember. It was the day I became cynical, bitter, and distraught. You may call it an overreaction for me to feel this way simply because of the business practices of a single video game company, but let me explain what all of this means to me.

My life was thrown off balance and I never regained my footing after that day, because I lost my ability to respect. An essential part of being human is to feel respect for those who may or may not be deserving of it. But it is equally human to feel painful disillusionment when someone or something you respected turns out to be much less than you thought. But the level of betrayal I felt when Paradox announced their new DLC tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

Paradox Interactive was a company I respected, and their employees were people I looked up to. Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, and Hearts of Iron were all quality game series that combined historical accuracy with sandbox game worlds. These games may have been cartoony and humorous at times, but deep down they were always realistic and crafted with a level of detail and skill that won appreciation from gamers all across the internet. CK2 was their newest release, and the internet was in unanimous agreement that it was of unparallelled quality. Following it's long awaited release, Paradox began releasing quality DLC that raised the bar ever higher for Grand Strategy Games.

Then Sunset Invasion was announced. This was not just an announcement of DLC, it was announcement of Paradox Interactive's suicide. It was an expansion intended to completely disregard any historical accuracy, and instead shock the entire world with its lunacy. Paradox Interactive had gone off the deep end and raised the middle finger to everybody who stayed loyal to them. They had announced that they didn't care anymore, that they didn't care for their community, and they were going to go out of their way to sabotage everything they had spent years creating.

The pain I felt from this betrayal has destroyed me on an emotional level, and has deprived me of my primary source of entertainment. No longer can I play Grand Strategy games without remembering the day I ceased mattering to people I devoted myself to. Paradox had not just destroyed me or their company, they had destroyed the one force of stability in the world: Trust.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
funniest thing about that whole post was that in the game, you had to be a turbo satanist viking to set off the event chain where your character sets off to conquer the new world and then return 250 years later as an immortal jojo villain

point being, it was still catering to the whole nazi satanist ûbermensch conqueror mythos when it came out

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1621523983329026051

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11017-022-09599-8?fbclid=IwAR159x-to_wb5r-M0zjcDP_GT6GdxPEQbPn0eqoY5xPA6VxuX-Fy12e9ET0

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

some real Torment Matrix vibes. crazed scientist proposes creating Axolotl Tanks. cool.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
lmao

quote:

These feminist concerns, however, might be mitigated if men could also participate in WBGD. The prospect of male pregnancy is not, as many would imagine, fanciful, or a piece of science fiction. In 1999, Robert Winston told reporters that there were no intrinsic medical problems with initiating a male pregnancy: the danger would be in the delivery. We already know that pregnancies can come to term outside the uterus [31]. The liver is a promising implantation site, because of its excellent blood supply. However, as Winston noted, this could be risky – even fatal - for the person carrying the pregnancy. But for brain-dead donors, the concept ‘fatal’ is meaningless: the gestator is already dead. Thus, even if the liver is damaged beyond repair after the gestation, this would not pose a problem except insofar as it might mean that male gestators could carry only one pregnancy, rather than many consecutive ones.

The prospect of the male gestator could thus appease some feminists who might otherwise feel that brain-dead gestation is a step too far in the objectification of women’s reproductive functions.

i think this lady is just doing a medical Modest Proposal.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Male Gestator was one of the Bene Gesserit suborders right

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

Context: Sunset Invasion is a "what if" scenario where the aztecs develop transatlantic boats first, and invade Europe during the times of Crusader Kings, before Europeans have guns and whatnot. Somewhat similar to the mongol invasion, but from west to east instead of east to west.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/casualisation-and-streamlining.647344/

how have I never seen this before lmao

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

axlotl tanks done right

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010
When I'm dead, people are officially allowed to objectify my body and use my liver for mad science.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

No 3d printer could emulate the essential shittyiness that is my handwriting

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

uber_stoat posted:

lmao

I did some digging on her; in a paper she wrote examining the case of a trans girl (age 16) who donated her sperm, died, but deeply wanted to have kids she argued that because she wasn't an ~adult human feeeeemale~ and was a male the state would not have supported her desire to have a kid and cites a TERF paper. (https://philpapers.org/rec/RSNTCC, citation is 22)

Given the well know effects of TERFbrain, I'm pretty sure this is the case but haven't been able to find a copy of the paper itself to check.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Dylan16807 posted:

When I'm dead, people are officially allowed to objectify my body and use my liver for mad science.

Same but I'm ruining it first

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Liver gaybies

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Facebook Aunt posted:

lol

That was way more embarrassing and way less insane than I was hoping for, sadly.

Dylan16807 posted:

Same but only for projects that have no demonstrable value to human progress. Use it as a prop for a paintball arena, or blow it up for a death metal music video.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Dylan16807 posted:

Not me, they can only use mine for happy science

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Dylan16807 posted:

People are welcome to mine too, but there’s not going to be much left of that bad boy when I’m done with it

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

cat botherer posted:

People are welcome to mine too, but there’s not going to be much left of that bad boy when I’m done with it

the hunter s thompson way

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
my body is to be used for corpse cyborgization ONLY

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I would like to exit the cyber dystopia now thank u and god bless

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

christmas boots posted:

My liver is already part of the corpus of depressing science.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

oh neato 2023's gimmick is Death Stranding World

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

christmas boots posted:

señor nietchang: “GAAAAAAAAYYYYY!”

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

TACD posted:

oh neato 2023's gimmick is Death Stranding World

Starting with Bankman Fried.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You can have my body when I'm dead. But it's prone malignant growths and the blood is kinda gay. Those might be deal breakers but the rules might change

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how did this get so few views on twitter

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 08:50 on Feb 4, 2023

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Had a real life lol thinking of this scenario
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3wDaYgSUoM

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

there are a lot of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odxHj8Xvnsg

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Orbis Tertius posted:

way, way better than I was expecting. kind of unsettling really. also lmao

i was legit impressed when i noticed that when it says wooshing it makes an actual woosh sound

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

uber_stoat posted:

lmao

hell, if i end up braindead, go ahead and use my useless idiot (male) body to maybe give someone a kid. why not

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Centrist Committee posted:

I would like to exit the cyber dystopia now thank u and god bless

The exit is just over there, on the right, through the Gestational Donation Department.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

redleader posted:

hell, if i end up braindead, go ahead and use my useless idiot (male) body to maybe give someone a kid. why not

is this necrophilia?

either way i'm sure someone's into it

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

There’s not enough legally brain dead people for this, and those that are get their organs harvested. Using migrants, homeless, and/or prisoners seems more likely

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

There’s not enough legally brain dead people for this, and those that are get their organs harvested. Using migrants, homeless, and/or prisoners seems more likely
Get 3 months off your sentence for every trophy wife you keep stretchmark free!

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Yeah that's how this'll be abused, especially for prisoners. Also oopsie doodles look like this batch of tear gas used to quell water protests just damaged a bunch of otherwise healthy adult brains but if they didn't want to be axolotl tanks they wouldn't have protested!

loving terrifying...

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
all this hate for axolotl tanks smells of anti-tleilaxu racism to me

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Call back when there are face dancers and hypnobongs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

if there's a demand for "person that is not legally considered human and can be treated as an inanimate object" then some enterprising capitalist will find an especially ghoulish way to supply it