Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

kilus aof posted:

How to get into the BBL grand final:

Step 1: Win 2 out of your first 9 games.
Step 2: Somehow get into the finals.
Step 3: Win 3 finals games in a row.

Step 4: Get pounded by the Scorchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

glasnost toyboy posted:

Step 4: Get pounded by the Scorchers.

How did that turn out?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

notaspy posted:

How did that turn out?

Hasn't happened yet :thunk:

It will though, and I say this as a Heat supporter

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Ffs all your names look the same, the name of your knockouts are stupid and Cricinfo isn't setup for double elimination setups.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

Luigi Thirty posted:

I started putting on the IPL as background noise for work and I like it. I don’t have a national team so I will hop on the NZ bandwagon because I like Gideon the Ninth.

Should be more lesbian space necromancers in the test squad, imho.

Also, nice av OP :cool::hf::cool:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Cool story about the Indian bowler Australia flew in because he has a similar action to Ashwin.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/125386/the-ashwin-impersonator-gets-australias-prep-off-the-mark

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This games gonna be a bloodbath but im gonna have a hearty lmao if Perth lose to this dogshit team.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Come on Heat, going well so far

Also lol at a loving lazy player getting runout

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

so the good team is falling behind the pace after that last wicket? I'm guessing any individual t20 match is pretty random, by which I mean the better team loses almost half the time? the baseball solution to that problem is to play two thousand games a season but you've got better forms of cricket taking up big parts of the summer of course

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Langer getting angrier if that was possible lol

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lol 19yo bogan kid came out and won the final gg

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
That last Bazley over was a shitshow

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Wonderful collapse at the end, there

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
fuckin scorchers again. yawn

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The lad Tangerine appears to be in a similar mould to his da. 55 from 170 balls against Zimbers is a pretty doughty day.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

The lad Tangerine appears to be in a similar mould to his da. 55 from 170 balls against Zimbers is a pretty doughty day.

Was calling him Tangerine deliberate or just autocorrect?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Uh, probably deliberate. I've had a few while watching the rugby so am defaulting to "everyone must have a nickname" mode.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Tangerine Sean De Paul

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

Uh, probably deliberate. I've had a few while watching the rugby so am defaulting to "everyone must have a nickname" mode.

I’ve just started watching my recorded games - on Wales- Ireland. You might want to have a think about nicknames in the circumstances.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks cricket Australia for putting the result in both the thumbnail and the title of the video for the BBL.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Apparently Aaron Finch retired

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

webmeister posted:

Apparently Aaron Finch retired

From international cricket. Still will play in domestic comps(BBL).

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gives him a season or two for a farewell tour around the domestic tournaments. Prop up the bank balance a bit before he quits entirely.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cricket Australia seriously take their brains put the moment the team gets on the plane for India.

Ashton Agar is considered "highly likely" to be named tomorrow to parter Lyon. India are going to cheat and doctor the poo poo out the pitch and they're going to pick Agar who doesn't seem to be able to turn a loving corner let alone a red ball.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Packing the side with lefties doesn't seem like a great idea either.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Lmao have you seen the pitch for this

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

https://twitter.com/beastieboy07/status/1622931080637734912
Almost wish this was real because it's a masterful troll.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’m pumped to see Australia’s newest hero Todd Murphy get his first cap

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
He could be good but playing 7 first class games then debuting in India seems like a good setup for failure

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Or glory.

Pitches are going to be doctored as gently caress. If you can't spin it there you're never going to.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

SKY, KS Bharat (expected) and some be 4-eyes off-spinner named Todd Murphy are making their debut. Took the day off work tomorrow so I could watch. Hope it turns like crazy and people get Mad Online.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
seriouspost, why is preparing a spinning track to suit your spin bowlers considered "doctoring" and tantamount to cheating, but preparing a greentop for seamers or a fast bouncing deck for the quicks a-okay?

also lol that aus are worried about left-handers struggling, so they dropped head instead of warner

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Has Cummins ever lost a toss?

Lol at picking Murphy. 7 first class matches.

Predicting 3-1 India. Warner to score less than 100 for the series.

I know Head is garbage at the subcontinent but he's a bit stiff getting dropped. At least give him a go. Bazball style innings wouldn't go astray.

Airstream Driver fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 9, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

webmeister posted:

seriouspost, why is preparing a spinning track to suit your spin bowlers considered "doctoring" and tantamount to cheating, but preparing a greentop for seamers or a fast bouncing deck for the quicks a-okay?

also lol that aus are worried about left-handers struggling, so they dropped head instead of warner

Dropping head is pants on head dumb.

Its cheating because they haven't watered or attended to the pitch in the good length areas to left handers where their spinners will be bowling right into.

If Australia with their all left batting line up were letting the left side of pitches outside off stump on a good length go to poo poo deliberately the BCCI would pitch a fit and demand a venue change or they'd pull out.

This is 100% cheating and if it wasn't for the cricket world's fear of the Indian juggernaut it absolutely would be leading to fines and points taken at the very least.

Its obvious what they're doing.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
well that is hardly an ideal start for australia

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Might not need to worry about the spinners lol

E: Warner to score less than 10 for the series

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

fast bowlers on point.Shami 's great to watch.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

lmao this is gunna be a short series

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Smith & Marnus gonna hard carry us this series.

Also no Travis Head seems insane to me when they could drop Warner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Wish they'd drop Warner for Renshaw. Don't mind Head and handsome Pete for a middle order.