Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't forget that after it shut down, they were like "gently caress we need money NOW" so they shat out an alpha of a battle royale game, called it Super Early Access, and charged people for microtransactions in it
it was the better of their two games. the bike mechanics were sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It worked to the degree that I still remember the guy with the tiny head at least

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have a friend who plays a lot of these arena shooters and each time one shuts down he’ll say something like “man it was so good but people didn’t give it a chance :(“, each time

I believe him but it’s funny too

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm glad when games like Lawbreakers still have their abandoned official media channels up even years later. You can see how devs were working on their game right up until the point the proverbial plug gets pulled.

And see things they would try to do to keep interest in the game going like this:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=o13N08SRvho&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Oh, oh dear.

If only Lawbreakers had teamed up with Justin Rolland, they could have really found their audience.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

exquisite tea posted:

If only Lawbreakers had teamed up with Justin Rolland, they could have really found their audience.

They did, he literally voiced the ball in that gamemode and wouldnt shut the gently caress up

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Oh wow I only thought it was an imitation of him. Big lmao

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

exquisite tea posted:

Oh wow I only thought it was an imitation of him. Big lmao

Yeah that's what my oh dear was for. Someone on that team made the decision to spend what I assume was a good amount of the budget on getting him.

That's actually the most charitable version of events I can think of because the other version is that Cliffy B and Justin are/were/are friends and Justin did it as a favor to him because they get along so well and maybe share the same interests going by that old rear end post Cliffy made here like two or so decades ago.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I keep forgetting he was a goon

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
'cliffy b' more like 'sticky b(utthole)'

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Smaller video game projects that put the popular games that inspired them under the "special thanks" section of the credits:
cringe or win-ge?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

this is the first I'm hearing of Radical Heights (2018), and I must say, it looks fantastic:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jay Rust posted:

Smaller video game projects that put the popular games that inspired them under the "special thanks" section of the credits:
cringe or win-ge?

A bit of both

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

bone emulator posted:

this is the first I'm hearing of Radical Heights (2018), and I must say, it looks fantastic:

There is apparently a fan project going on to remake it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rinkles posted:

I'm not doing a pixel by pixel comparison, but I played the Division for the first time last month, and it's a gorgeous game, with a sleek presentation. I'd say it lives up to what I remember of the pre-release footage even if it technically might miss the mark.

It's also my favorite tactical shooter in recent memory.

I'd also argue that Killzone 2 eventually delivered the goods that they initially faked.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Radical Heights was hilarious as an obvious desperate cash grab to keep the lights on and I can't help but respect the chutzpah, if nothing else

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'd also argue that Killzone 2 eventually delivered the goods that they initially faked.

Might want to go rewatch that "gameplay" trailer and then look at the real gameplay again.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

Might want to go rewatch that "gameplay" trailer and then look at the real gameplay again.

It looked better in some ways worse in others, overall sort of a wash in terms of reputation. But the game itself looks extremely good to this day.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It was dumb, because as good as it and Motorstorm ended up looking, that plain and simple wasn’t engine footage.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I miss Motorstorm. :(

e; I don't miss Killzone

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I was going to say I miss Killzone, but they made that PS4 game that wasn't very good, so I guess not.
I guess Killzone was never great, but at least it was very different from the other console shooters.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Killzone Mercenary was good

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

All these live games shutting down reminded me of this nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4v2LgVlEA

lol cliffy b: "blizzard can do no wrong" while wearing a rick and morty t-shirt

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gonna try out this Sailing Era game

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

there's something just slightly off about mario's face and i think his mustache might be too small. idk
The mustache hair should be darker.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

re: tea discussion, i got some chai and I remembered that I enjoy that for black tea. the standard english "Breakfast tea" though, still meh

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Chai literally just means tea....

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I love to be pedantic

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Tea Tea not to be confused with this stupid rear end in a top hat

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
technically you did not just "post" because "to post a message" means attaching it to a wooden post in the town square
i am very intelligent

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

technically you did not just "post" because "to post a message" means attaching it to a wooden post in the town square
i am very intelligent

i live in Sigil The City of Doors and we just use a zombie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Making all my posts in the form of Animal Crossing bulletin board screenshots now

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i am very intelligent

This is an online bulletin board...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

re: tea discussion, i got some chai and I remembered that I enjoy that for black tea. the standard english "Breakfast tea" though, still meh
try some, dianhong

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Dead Space Remake just now. Next game to play is going to be Hi-Fi Rush.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Started Jedi Fallen Order last night

An intro that very much screams "Hey kids, we heard you liked Uncharted"

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I said come in! posted:

Finished Dead Space Remake just now. Next game to play is going to be Hi-Fi Rush.

I did the opposite order!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm Dead Space-curious but I'll probably get it on sale and finish up my S-Ranks on Hi-Fi Rush before taking on highly anticipated character action battler WANTED: DEAD

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1621883409445314561?s=46&t=biuiYiJg6LOrWtxGegczQQ

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I'm Dead Space-curious but I'll probably get it on sale and finish up my S-Ranks on Hi-Fi Rush before taking on highly anticipated character action battler WANTED: DEAD

I will also be getting Wanted: Dead instead of Space: Dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I only play hard-r games