Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I got slammed on a bike by a scooter and end result after being thrown from my bike was a broken wrist.

if I had been slammed on by a massive truck end result would be a grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Personally I'd rather not be injured by anyone in any conveyance, be it car, bicycle, or howdah. I'd rather just be able to walk around in the fresh air without danger

I would also personally rather not be injured by any manner of incident, whether it be from a car running me over and killing me or a coconut falling from a tree and bonking me in the head with a comical "boi-oi-oi-oing" sound effect that causes me to walk around, cross-eyed, with stars over my head and my tongue hanging out and a little cuckoo clock bird bursting out of my forehead. i don't want either of these things. but you'll understand if everyone thinks it's weird if i hang out in the car thread all the time whining about coconuts and insisting that they're basically equivalent to cars

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The main thing I keep saying is that cyclists, at least here in America, want to have their cake and eat it too. They want very much to be respected as operators of vehicles, they want other vehicles to respect their rights of way, signal properly, stay out of their lanes, and yield to them at the proper times. However, they don't want their vehicles licensed or inspected, they don't want to be licensed themselves, they don't want to have to follow basic safety procedures like helmet wearing, and they want to go the wrong way down one ways, make turns without signaling, sail through crosswalks, not stop at stop signs or red lights, and bike on the sidewalk.

oh, word, cyclists don't want to get hit by cars but they also don't want to follow a bunch of rules designed for cars? myself, i can't believe pedestrians want to have their cake and eat it too by insisting that cyclists respect their right of way while at the same time refusing to getting licensed to walk around town and wearing proper protective gear like helmets. insanely hosed imo

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
did you guys renew jogging license?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
i biked on the footpath today briefly because if I hadn't moved out of the 1m wide unprotected bike lane and onto the footpath I would have been crushed to death by a bus

this makes me the moral equivalent of a car running a stop light at 30mph for some reason

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
A car inspection is mostly an emissions test, because that's a regulated thing, and horn/brakes/lights. A bicycle inspection would be extremely stupid. Just a dude offering to pop wheelies up and down the block while ringing your bike's bell. At the end of the inspection you fart in his face for the emissions test.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

El Pollo Blanco posted:

i biked on the footpath today briefly because if I hadn't moved out of the 1m wide unprotected bike lane and onto the footpath I would have been crushed to death by a bus

this makes me the moral equivalent of a car running a stop light at 30mph for some reason

Monster

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

What I can't stand is lycra-wrapped try-hards, especially in their monster bikes that have been growing out of control. Like look at this poo poo:

These newfangled menaces must be banned until some kind of "safety" bicycle is invented.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

eXXon posted:

blurred lines:

that's just a CAT, construction vehicles are necessary to civilization

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

eXXon posted:

What I can't stand is lycra-wrapped try-hards, especially in their monster bikes that have been growing out of control. Like look at this poo poo:

These newfangled menaces must be banned until some kind of "safety" bicycle is invented.

imagine splitting lanes in this these things. you could leave footprints on the top of all but the most lifted trucks the whole way down the line!

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017
I don't give a poo poo about cars unless they're loud.
Loud cars have no function beyond normal cars other than they are loud.

Please pass laws that people who drive loud cars must be executed.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

b mad at me posted:

I don't give a poo poo about cars unless they're loud.
Loud cars have no function beyond normal cars other than they are loud.

Please pass laws that people who drive loud cars must be executed.

incorrect, they provide additional location data to those of us on our way to destroy them

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Gunshow Poophole posted:

incorrect, they provide additional location data to those of us on our way to destroy them

yeah ok if you're sincere in destroying them

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

i can't believe pedestrians want to have their cake and eat it too by insisting that cyclists respect their right of way while at the same time refusing to getting licensed to walk around town and wearing proper protective gear like helmets. insanely hosed imo

:amen: Make helmets mandatory for everyone. It's time.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Steen71 posted:

:amen: Make helmets mandatory for everyone. It's time.

nah more like make common sense mandatory

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

b mad at me posted:

oh hold on

that requires EDUCATION

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Can't spell EDUCATION without PARTS from a BICYCLE (CHAIN, TUBE, and Dfuck

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

eXXon posted:

hearty lmao'd at this

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe

b mad at me posted:

Same thing.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mawarannahr posted:

nowhere does the line between pedestrian and car blur. this can happen with bikes

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
gonna go tell all the walk/bike committees in the state fighting for the barest recognition in infrastructure that they have actually allied themselves with natural enemies. Thank you Teriyaki Hairpiece, how could they not see this before

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

This cyclist was worth more (to write about) because he was a doctor:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-mammone-struck-by-lexus-allegedly-stabbed-to-death-driver-vanroy-evan-smith-dana-point-california/

(Utterly horrifying)

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Someone chainprobe these pathetic anti-cyclist posters. Also chainprobe hairpiece longer for repeatedly calling them “bikers.”

mystes
May 31, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

nowhere does the line between pedestrian and car blur. this can happen with bikes
elliptigo to another thread

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

trick of perspective that man is 3'2"

Every single one of these dudes has fake split rims for some reason

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Most pedestrians here are just temporarily embarrassed car drivers anyway

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

eXXon posted:

those arent bikes they are velocipedes

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
One weird trick that lets you hit-and-run pedestrians consequence free!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/dancing-crossing-guard-no-wsib-compensation-1.6724764

quote:

A police report was filed the day of the collision, including the driver's licence plate number, which was provided by an eyewitness. Squire said the Toronto Police Service (TPS) investigated the owner of the vehicle, who told them he wasn't involved in the collision. As a result, police told Squire in December they were closing her case due to a lack of additional evidence.

Calumanjaro
Nov 11, 2011

:10bux: he's a cop.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Every single one of these dudes has fake split rims for some reason

the toupée of trucks

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Calumanjaro posted:

My immediate thought

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Calumanjaro posted:

no need to jump to such hasty conclusions. he could be the brother of a cop, the son of a cop, the father-in-law of a cop, th

Calumanjaro
Nov 11, 2011

webcams for christ posted:

no need to jump to such hasty conclusions. he could be the brother of a cop, the son of a cop, the father-in-law of a cop, th

TPS are also the laziest police force in the world. So could just be that.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Festivals are essentially a large collection of pedestrians, and people have been stampeded in those on multiple occasions.

As always, the root problem of people, but not giving people heavy machinery without appropriate precautions is worse than cyclists.

Edit: the classic back alley rapist is also technically a pedestrian.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BonHair posted:

Edit: the classic back alley rapist is also technically a pedestrian.

Thread title

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
car brains are no longer content with attacking light rail/trolleys and are going after the subways now:

WCVB posted:

Transit police detectives said they believe the driver's actions to crash into the concrete barrier on top of the parking garage were intentional, but they are not providing any additional information at this time.

https://twitter.com/WCVB/status/1621961046213672961

https://twitter.com/maria_manning4/status/1621959538717954050

duomo has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Feb 4, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

You know who else never drove? That's right

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ale wife station sounds cool

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Alewife guy

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

When you ride a horse with Vlad, and he gazes deeply into your soul, chest bare, and whispers