Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Vomik posted:

oh you think everything is going great? well brother my wife has limited me to 40 rapes a month and the last washer I looted was stolen by my commander before it got delivered.

Come out everyone brags about sexual assaults to their mom, it is part of growing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

When the enemies do it, it's human wave tactics. When I do it, it's creative use of light infantry.

The european countries could have used this as a chance to improve their defense industries if they wanted to tho. Supply tons of tanks to Ukraine and order Rheinmetall to actually make some tanks. Supply a bunch of Gripens to Ukraine and order a ton more so Saab finally has some business.

no one in europe is in control of the worlds reserve currency so they can't just make up money without the wealthy in the respective country essentially losing money in terms of their money being worth less at exchanges and every government owes its position on how happy wealthy people are with their rule and thats directly influenced by what they can consume without affecting their investment portfolio

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Vomik posted:

whatever happened to that Russian soldier who “defected” and claimed to have evidence of Russian genocides/ mass murders? I think he went to Latvia with the other 40 soldiers before him with the same info but haven’t heard about him since

the latvians ate his homework

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
[ASK] Me about trying to defect to Latvia, but being deported for speaking Russian.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Also, aren’t all the LNR/DNR soldiers Russians citizens and have been for months and weren’t those forces suppose to at least be partially integrated? Does Putin just hate Russian citizens from the Donbass region?

That's what everyone is complaining about.

The bureaucratic system isn't integrating the new territories properly, or slacking, or whatever.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's funny when people talk about Murz when he's been complaining like that since 2016 or something.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

re: defectors, wonder what happened the polish guy who defected to belarus and was tragically found dead in his apartment shortly after he claimed to have hard evidence of polish border guards straight up murdering a bunch of migrants

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

That's what everyone is complaining about.

The bureaucratic system isn't integrating the new territories properly, or slacking, or whatever.

I don’t know if forcing their remaining soldiers in suicidal assaults without support could be called “slacking.” I mean he says right there they have no heavy equipment, they don’t even know how to use their own firearms or personal kit (after months of fighting… kind of impressive), and they are push to die just for the glory of Wagner group’s own kamikaze charges! What a sickening situation.

Putin obviously hates the people of the Donbass and wants them to die and he loves and cares for the other random dudes from the other oblasts who got conscripted.

——-

To be clear, the separatists seems to have taken pretty heavy losses earlier, but again, that was generally before annexation. Wagner group was doing the heavy lifting until recently.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 22:21 on Feb 4, 2023

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Vernii posted:

Basically the People's Republics have been bled white by using used as expendable bullet sponges for a year by the Russian army. I'm sure they're all extremely grateful to be saved from the occasional cross-border shelling by their Russian liberators.

No you loving moron, they want to murder all the Ukrainians that are trying to kill them.

Being grateful has nothing to do with it, you really can't read if you somehow got that impression.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
what a loving mess

neither side cares about the rebel territories and my biggest fear is Ukraine manages to retake them because they will genocide the gently caress out of them and no one will care.

Lostconfused posted:

No you loving moron, they want to murder all the Ukrainians that are trying to kill them.

Being grateful has nothing to do with it, you really can't read if you somehow got that impression.

It's what we all suspected, the libs are ok with genocide as long as their team is doing it

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Russia is fighting a geopolitical war.

The people of Russia are fighting their own war.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

OhFunny posted:

https://t.me/rybar/43197

After being static for weeks, the Russian Army has gone over to the offensive on the Starobelsk front, and have punched a hole through the Ukrainian lines in the south.

Quoting this post to provide perspective on where the below is (very north)

https://t.me/rybar/43281

Russian forces are have launched an attack toward Dvorichne and Hryanykivka.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

Russia is fighting a geopolitical war.

The people of Russia are fighting their own war.

I would argue there is no real singular consensus in Russia and everyone has got their own opinion about the war and how and where it is going and why even if there is general approval of it.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

that guy has been posting since early last year about how glad he is that the war is bleeding russia dry because it benefits the west. he's also the same guy who went on a tangent in the last thread about how russia probably wanted to do a false flag dirty bomb against ukraine to justify using tactical nukes themselves. he's a complete piece of poo poo

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah I have him on ignore, that's why I missed the original post about Murz.

It's just that people following wartranslated twitter account might not realize how cherry picked those examples are. Russians are complaining a ton because they are unhappy that they didn't win yet or aren't doing a total war.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Regarde Aduck posted:

It's what we all suspected, the libs are ok with genocide as long as their team is doing it

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

this post is still one of the best examples of saying the quiet part out loud i've seen about the war anywhere so far

Vernii posted:

Lol if you think I'm being pro-Russian, I'm pro-neutrality. Give Ukraine weapons and intelligence, donation drives, etc, absolutely. The Russians having to bleed for their prize is good for the west.

like, if one could perform a curse that would give the concept of the US MIC singular physical form, this is the post it would make

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

Yeah I have him on ignore, that's why

It's just that people following wartranslated twitter account might not realize how cherry picked those examples are. Russians are complaining a ton because they are unhappy that they didn't win yet or aren't doing a total war.

I would say that is also more of the dudes that are hyped up on it on the internet, it isn’t that different than the Grovers and BMs of this forum. Honestly, i get more average people would like it vaguely to be over (with a victory of course) and feel bad for the average Ukrainian people even if there is little love for Zelensky or Azov.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

Knew a guy in college who would grind those into red bulls and stay up all night to write papers. I guess he didn’t have an adderall connection.

Red Bulls by themselves actually aren't that strong; I find coffee to be way stronger. I can have a Red Bull in the evening without it affecting my sleep, but I can't sleep if I've had coffee within a few hours of sleeping.

Caffeine pills are unpleasant because it hits you all at once, though. Makes my stomach hurt.

The option I've chosen for caffeine is these Slim Fast drinks that contain caffeine + 20g of protein - https://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Energy-Mocha-Cappuccino-Count/dp/B078T2FNP6

A good breakfast replacement drink if you don't feel like eating a full breakfast (or just want to get some protein/calories with your caffeine, which is why I got them). I think having the caffeine mixed with other calories helps prevent it from making my stomach feel bad.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

Yeah I have him on ignore, that's why I missed the original post about Murz.

I remember that account most for posting all the completely legitimate intercepted phone calls.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ardennes posted:

Also, aren’t all the LNR/DNR soldiers Russians citizens and have been for months and weren’t those forces suppose to at least be partially integrated? Does Putin just hate Russian citizens from the Donbass region?

they want to fight and he’s more than happy to oblige them with death if it means pre-2022 Russian citizens don’t have to die

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if they people’s republics are actually fully integrated it will probably be after the war where they might be traded away in the peace negotiations ends

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Comrade Koba posted:

re: defectors, wonder what happened the polish guy who defected to belarus and was tragically found dead in his apartment shortly after he claimed to have hard evidence of polish border guards straight up murdering a bunch of migrants

I would simply not stay in the country I was about to level such accusations against

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I don't think there's any particular apathy from Russia towards the break away regions, and i think they will be able to fully integrate given time. But the issue seems to be that their militia forces are being used as shock troops and combined with modern peer conflict casualty rates, is going to kill every fighting age male before too long. If they're not careful they'll do all Ukraine's work for them.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Regarde Aduck posted:

I don't think there's any particular apathy from Russia towards the break away regions, and i think they will be able to fully integrate given time. But the issue seems to be that their militia forces are being used as shock troops and combined with modern peer conflict casualty rates, is going to kill every fighting age male before too long. If they're not careful they'll do all Ukraine's work for them.

Are they actually being used as practically unarmed shock troops without support though in February. That is the point or contention. To be clear, I don’t considered Merz like Girkin an unbiased source, especially since his “interviewee” is practically wishing death on the rest of the Russian population as well: who will all die from being used as “shock troops.”

I guess people forget about the shell famine and everything else that gets fed.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 23:53 on Feb 4, 2023

speng31b
May 8, 2010

seems unlikely. they are almost certainly experiencing heavy losses, but as a result of being used to hold lines that afu will prefer attacking over Russian regular forces.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Are they actually being used as now practically unarmed shock troops without support though? That is the point or contention. To be clear, I don’t considered Merz like Girkin an unbiased source, especially since his “interviewee” is practically wishing death on the rest of the Russian population as well: who will all die from being used as “shock troops.”

no, the unarmed, naked, and starving soldiers trading stolen diesel fuel for krokodil are the Russians. also, I think being unarmed makes your shock troop value pretty much nil

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ytlaya posted:

Red Bulls by themselves actually aren't that strong; I find coffee to be way stronger. I can have a Red Bull in the evening without it affecting my sleep, but I can't sleep if I've had coffee within a few hours of sleeping.

Caffeine pills are unpleasant because it hits you all at once, though. Makes my stomach hurt.

the 50 mg ones with theanine are tolerable. coffee works way better than any amount of straight caffeine, and i don't know why.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

when the man in front of you drops the stolen toilet tank lid, you pick it up and become the man with the stolen toilet tank lid

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

speng31b posted:

seems unlikely. they are almost certainly experiencing heavy losses, but as a result of being used to hold lines that afu will prefer attacking over Russian regular forces.

It seems like the fact that the Russians have such a large artillery advantage and a lot of the front has been pretty quiet would mitigate this. The AFU are taking losses primarily from artillery.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if they people’s republics are actually fully integrated it will probably be after the war where they might be traded away in the peace negotiations ends

that would be pretty lovely, makes sense

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they want to fight and he’s more than happy to oblige them with death if it means pre-2022 Russian citizens don’t have to die
The LNR and DNR militaries have been relying heavily on conscripts since the war began.

speng31b posted:

It's the opposite if you read what he said. They aren't holding ground, they are being ordered to launch offensives to prevent the AFU from transferring units from their sectors to where Russian forces are attacking.

quote:

And they are ordered to go forward. And they perish. Without meaningful results in their sector.

And they are replaced by Russian mobiks who are not as expendable as the Donbasians, and they themselves do not want to go and die.

The only result of these absolutely monstrous losses, which have lowered the combat value of our infantry lower than the foundation, is that the Ukrainians cannot transfer forces to Artemivsk from other parts of the front for sufficiently powerful counterattacks, and the mercenaries can work the "goal", gradually crimping Artemivsk from the flanks.
(from t.me/wehearfromyanina/1319, via tgsa)

GlassElephant has issued a correction as of 00:28 on Feb 5, 2023

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Girkin and his buds haven't been reliable in the past, I don't know why they would be considered reliable now.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

"holding the line" just means they aren't being tasked with actually gaining territory or meeting big objectives. the guy you're quoting literally says the actual goals are being accomplished by mercenaries, it also doesn't mean that their sole responsibility is to sit there in a trench repulsing an attack like in a stupid movie

speng31b
May 8, 2010

GlassElephant posted:

It's the opposite if you read what he said. They aren't holding ground, they are being ordered to launch offensives to prevent the AFU from transferring units from their sectors to where Russian forces are attacking.

I was writing up a reply but then realized this poster basically just said exactly what I was typing

Ciprian Maricon posted:

"holding the line" just means they aren't being tasked with actually gaining territory or meeting big objectives. the guy you're quoting literally says the actual goals are being accomplished by mercenaries, it also doesn't mean that their sole responsibility is to sit there in a trench repulsing an attack like in a stupid movie

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It’s not like there’s anything we could read that covers how Russia uses auxiliaries or what they did with them in Chechnya, Georgia and Ukraine. We just have to take at face value they are being used poorly in doomed attacks for evil’s sake rather than just occupying terrain and freeing up better equipped forces for attacks that might succeed .

Because given the choice of doing things that are useful economy of force measures and things that are a waste of time and manpower, the wasteful option is taken because ???

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

quote:

Serviceable armour is very seldom, they are collected for next attacks and assaults from scratch, as well as gunners and gunners-operators for it. And the "assault troops" themselves often do not know how to use personal weapons properly, nor how to use group and assault weapons.

They are not properly trained, because the regiments and brigades of the LNR and DNR have not been trained and re-trained since the beginning of the SVO, unlike the Russians. They have no armour, no communications, no normal artillery support, and they are dying. And they are ordered to go forward. And they perish. Without meaningful results in their sector.

It is pretty clear cut what he is saying. It is just that Girkin (and more or less his supporters) has been accepted as an essential source in some circles: it is just they often exaggerate, are unrealistic considering the situation, or just make things up. Remember when Russia was going to retreat back to Crimea and all hope was lost?

It is one those situations where you really got to get someone else to corroborate it.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 00:55 on Feb 5, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

My favourite deputy prime minister sent a troop (4) of our oldest Leos today

But not even the C2s with MEXAS, the last of the Leopard 2s we bought from the Dutch as a stopgap measure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45

speng31b posted:

I was writing up a reply but then realized this poster basically just said exactly what I was typing
If they are taking heavy losses during what you would consider regular skirmishing/probing to keep pressure on the AFU opposite them, that isn't the result of the AFU deciding to focus on them.

speng31b posted: