Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Improbable Lobster posted:

The feather crest looks pretty sick! I do miss the old raven skull though.

Anyone know of a site with the old OOP forgeworld stuff? I have a bunch of vague memories of the old legion boxnaughts and stuff but it would be nice to have pics.

Ukrainian recasters have you covered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
This was my January hobby: Display board for LVO

http://i.imgur.com/wH8LSRJ.mp4

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That melta effect is rad as hell

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I love that the entire army is waiting for that guy to melta the door.

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Finally dialed in the formula for my loyalist Emperor's Children and their fancy, fancy metallic purple colour scheme I'm giving them

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I tried my hand at true scaling my MK3's

Generally happy with the results, except that it's really hard to get an even cut on the plasticard tube. I'll probably try to cover up any blemishes with gear. Are there any kits that are an easy way to get pouches and whatnot?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That looks great! What size tube did you use?

Also you might have luck just asking around your LGS or play group, a lot of players view pouches and grenades as optional and leave them on sprue.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

moths posted:

That looks great! What size tube did you use?

I wanted to go for 9mm because that's the size of the torso but I went for 8mm because that's the largest I could find.

The biggest issue has been making sure I can securely glue the torso to the legs now. I think I'm going to fill the tube bit and the torso with milliput to add more surface area for super glue.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'd probably just grind the interior of the tube so it matches the ball side and then the exterior of the socket side - that way you're getting more contact without adding more materials.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
LVO 2023:

40k events were pretty sad in comparison

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Love all the pictures on the nice terrain and then the last one of the sad unpainted MDF on white tablecloth lmao

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

The model most people thought would be a librarian has been revealed and it's actually an esoterist!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/02/02/heresy-thursday-exorcise-and-obliterate-with-the-traitor-esoterist-consul/

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Lucinice posted:

The model most people thought would be a librarian has been revealed and it's actually an esoterist!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/02/02/heresy-thursday-exorcise-and-obliterate-with-the-traitor-esoterist-consul/

Disappointed it's a generic option that's still being made in resin, but it's a good looking model. Might get one eventually. In the meantime at least I still have mine (whenever I paint him).

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm so disappointed that this is resin.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Watching people on 30k facebook groups argue that this guy sets the limit for how chaos-tainted traitor marines look in 30k, and is therefore proof of the illegitimacy of using 40k chaos marines for 30k traitor legion kitbashes.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
30k Facebook groups are hilariously bad do not read them.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

TTerrible posted:

30k Facebook groups are hilariously bad do not read them.

I'm just there for the mini pics.

And the drama, apparently.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Night Lords FB page is okay. Although they had to go private because they kept getting the 'Unemployed? Work From Home With Netflix!' spam. It's mostly just 'look at this model I'm working on!'

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Speaking of kitbashes:

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Johnny Three Crows

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The Wordbearers can take scary armor as an upgrade, which I assume is regular 40k CSM armor.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Speaking of kitbashes:

How many kits were used on this?

Stephenls posted:

Watching people on 30k facebook groups argue that this guy sets the limit for how chaos-tainted traitor marines look in 30k, and is therefore proof of the illegitimacy of using 40k chaos marines for 30k traitor legion kitbashes.

hobby gatekeeping sure is fun

Lucinice fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 2, 2023

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
At least 10 kits. I can't count them all tbh

Endman
May 18, 2010

I don’t know why anyone is complaining about the Esoterist being in resin; Forgeworld’s resin kits have been extremely well cast and easy to assemble for the past couple of years now. I don’t know how they changed their production methods, but it’s like night and day compared to some of the older kits.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It's that it will never be in stock, cost too much to ship to the states, and subject to the FW exchange rate where one GBP is worth "how much you got?" USD.

Anyway I finally painted this guy who is older than some posters:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Endman posted:

I don’t know why anyone is complaining about the Esoterist being in resin; Forgeworld’s resin kits have been extremely well cast and easy to assemble for the past couple of years now. I don’t know how they changed their production methods, but it’s like night and day compared to some of the older kits.

When I used to sell my own stuff the contract caster that did the work for me produced nigh perfect casts back in the late 2000s.

Resin recasters have been doing better than "old" FW for the same period of time, as have most other garage manufacturers.

I think FW is just (finally) moving to industry standard. Their price has always been grossly disproportionate to their quality. Right now it's just high rather than being criminal.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Endman posted:

This, the FW kits I've gotten in the past few years have been as clean and crisp as plastic.

moths posted:

It's that it will never be in stock, cost too much to ship to the states, and subject to the FW exchange rate where one GBP is worth "how much you got?" USD.

It's a nice bit of schadenfreude to see Americans experience what the UK has with US goods since forever.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Feb 3, 2023

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

ijyt posted:

It's a nice bit of schadenfreude to see Americans experience what the UK has with US goods since forever.

Really is, when you see some person or youtuber suggest x product thats only $20, so you search for it on amazon and its £40

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I'm pretty sure most US FW orders ship from their US warehouse now.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

If you don't mind paying ~30% more, sure.

Guilliman is £79, or about $96 in USD.

He is $123 in the US store.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DrPop posted:

I'm pretty sure most FW orders still ship from a factory in the people's republic

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just had my last match of my flgs's Heresy league, and I knew it was going to be fun when my opponent walked in carrying a Thunderhawk. :allears:

Thankfully, I made it explode after touching down, and the inferno wiped out most of their assault troops. (Also most of my troops nearby except for a miraculous 5+ roll on my Immortals.)

I love Warhammer.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I complain about FW but

I have two items in my cart, hoping they don't sell out before the third thing I want comes back in stock.

It's been this way since last week.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

legion specific contemptors are now becoming plastic torso upgrades. The forge world ones with unique limps are going last chance to buy

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/02/09/heresy-thursday-armour-up-with-contemptor-dreadnought-legion-upgrades/

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Looks like its resin and not plastic?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They're resin. It's a shame the current legion contemptors are going because they have so much more cool stuff on them but I think the trade off for a plastic base model is worth it in the end.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Electric Hobo posted:

Looks like its resin and not plastic?

Oh my bad I misread.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Are these just the middle of the FW ones? I can't really compare them side by side on my phone.

Also I'm seriously considering writing an email to GW about the hammerfall bunker.

I love that it's in the game, but 1) Its massive missile system counts as a single cyclone missile launcher, and 2) it is comedically prohibited from the drop pod assault RoW.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Yeah it's just the FW torso and head, an overall downgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

ijyt posted:

Yeah it's just the FW torso and head, an overall downgrade.

Also even more of a plastic/resin hybrid, an extremely cursed combination IMHO.