Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pad thai hi-five
Aug 11, 2003

Oven Wrangler

Antigravitas posted:

Trying to figure out this person's political stance took me a while, but I think I know which specific strain of brain worm infection afflicts them.

I think "Sinnfrei" sums it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Ha! I took a pic of a car in my local grocery store's lot with that same sticker on the back.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I like this chill infobus, it's just nice to see a positive message and cool art on a city bus:

thanks

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
ahem

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
che did 9/11

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

drat bin laden had an apple watch

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

LifeSunDeath posted:

drat bin laden had an apple watch

Casio. No, really

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Bitch, you can pull up my father got me

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

In my GOD Voice "my wife"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Somehow the most disturbing so far

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I hope the license plate is FLVRTWN

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
DDD - 1NME

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I’ve noticed an uptick in “ironic comedy bumper sticker collection” cars recently. I blame the internet

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
footpig

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
HOOVES

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Thankfully he was on his way to turn himself in

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

my favorite character is Subaru Zero

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

watched a court video of a sovereign citizen trying to explain to a judge why he doesn't need to pay rent since everyone has 1 billion dollars in credit at the federal reserve and therefore he doesn't owe anything. the judge was very patient and explained all the words in his lease to him but eventually settled on "your definition of positive and negative balance are the opposite of the rest of the world."

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

LifeSunDeath posted:

watched a court video of a sovereign citizen trying to explain to a judge why he doesn't need to pay rent since everyone has 1 billion dollars in credit at the federal reserve and therefore he doesn't owe anything. the judge was very patient and explained all the words in his lease to him but eventually settled on "your definition of positive and negative balance are the opposite of the rest of the world."

"MOTORIST" "DRIVING" "A CAR" to the "GROCERY STORE" to "BUY" "POTATOES AND CARROTS"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Tarkus posted:

"MOTORIST" "DRIVING" "A CAR" to the "GROCERY STORE" to "BUY" "POTATOES AND CARROTS"

they really make me laugh cause the whole endgame is pulling bullshit like not paying rent or taxes and getting taken to small claims court and looking like an idiot. I'm not sure what rabbit hole they went down but as far as I can tell there's never videos of people using sovereign citizen bullshit successfully, only getting owned or shot by the cops...not sure why they all think it's gonna work.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

noice

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

Because they treat everything like magic spells you know united isnt capitalized on purpose and somehow thats very funny

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

LifeSunDeath posted:

they really make me laugh cause the whole endgame is pulling bullshit like not paying rent or taxes and getting taken to small claims court and looking like an idiot. I'm not sure what rabbit hole they went down but as far as I can tell there's never videos of people using sovereign citizen bullshit successfully, only people getting owned...not sure why they all think it's gonna work.
Yeah, it's basically like trying to cast arcane law spells or something to magic your way out of it.

What I don't get is this: They think the government is oppressive and unfair (it is, but moving on), and also the government is keeping the "true" laws from the people. Let's say that's true, and you rightfully don't have to pay your traffic fines if the hearing is done in a court without the gold frilly stuff around the flag. Even then, it's the people with guns who can put you in jail that are saying the frill doesn't matter. So it doesn't.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

it's like their brain goes "I've gotten away with not paying rent for the last 30 days (since last rent payment)! It's working! Surely I can keep getting away with it!" But when it's the 1st and the rent is due they just squat and raise hell claiming they now have dominion over these lands. It's so wild.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

cat botherer posted:

Yeah, it's basically like trying to cast arcane law spells or something to magic your way out of it.

What I don't get is this: They think the government is oppressive and unfair (it is, but moving on), and also the government is keeping the "true" laws from the people. Let's say that's true, and you rightfully don't have to pay your traffic fines if the hearing is done in a court without the gold frilly stuff around the flag. Even then, it's the people with guns who can put you in jail that are saying the frill doesn't matter. So it doesn't.
It's a magic spell, probably validated every time they think they get away with something (because the cop doesn't see, or waves a white guy through where he'd stop a black guy, etc.)

And when it does get 'disproven' they have no doubt been sold protective enchantments to supplement it.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

cat botherer posted:

the gold frilly stuff around the flag.

Speaking of the flag of the freedom states of Americastan, I saw a post on FB by an "infowarrior" who said that the good old stars and stripes/old glory, as is commonly depicted, is actually the "war time flag" of America, and when America is not "at war", there is supposed to be a different flag.

This seems like someone took a grain of hundred + year old truth and decided that it is now completely 100% true now even though there might have been some obscure legislation/ law change or whatever the gently caress 99 years ago that says the stars and stripes are the real poo poo now.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Nessus posted:

It's a magic spell, probably validated every time they think they get away with something (because the cop doesn't see, or waves a white guy through where he'd stop a black guy, etc.)

And when it does get 'disproven' they have no doubt been sold protective enchantments to supplement it.

It's a combination of wishful thinking, desperation, and seeing stories for years like "Millionaires pay no taxes!" (which make them think there really is some alternate code of laws held in secret). I love laughing at a SovCit getting their comeuppance as much as the next sheeple...erson, but I also feel sorry for a fair number of them, as they're behind the 8-ball from medical debt, job loss, whatever, and some snake oil salesman has hooked on to their desperation and suckered them into paying $299.95 for a course in getting out of trouble.

Wait, what are you doing, officer? I am not for hire, I am not driving, I am traveling! You need to learn the law. I demand to see your supervisor! I am not getting out of my car! You are frightening me! *cop grabs top of window and yanks it out, shattering it, then pulls me from my seat*

(Sympathy aside, I could watch SovCits get their windows broken all day.)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LifeSunDeath posted:

they really make me laugh cause the whole endgame is pulling bullshit like not paying rent or taxes and getting taken to small claims court and looking like an idiot. I'm not sure what rabbit hole they went down but as far as I can tell there's never videos of people using sovereign citizen bullshit successfully, only getting owned or shot by the cops...not sure why they all think it's gonna work.

If you're ignorant enough you don't know what you don't understand.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tarkus posted:

There's no way that guy eats vegetables.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I always like where the cop grabs the window and shatters it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWQmytV-LEk

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I always like where the cop grabs the window and shatters it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWQmytV-LEk

I had no idea that was actually a thing, I've only seen that here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFdE__2OKc8

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

infoshirt

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

oh my god, this changes everything

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

loving semi-illiterate hank-hill-rear end piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Yet another open carry guy with no rear end.
Is that what they're really compensating for?