Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Tahirovic posted:

Add 5 minutes of exploration to your daily schedule and you go through those APs easily.
I need Oak to cover the daily steel wire generation for example.
Forest is always a good option as well.

It would take me about 2 days to go through 5k AP if I wanted, with minimal voiding.
But yeah if you have AK for T200, it feels a bit pointless to get those GMs.

I get Oak with Apple Ciders, and with Forest I find I’m always having too much Leather and it feels bad to void that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Klungar posted:

I get Oak with Apple Ciders, and with Forest I find I’m always having too much Leather and it feels bad to void that.

I really wish there was a second explorable location to get hide from that didn't involve antlers, I'm not too picky about voiding but I don't like missing out on LNs.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

koshmar posted:

I really wish there was a second explorable location to get hide from that didn't involve antlers, I'm not too picky about voiding but I don't like missing out on LNs.

100% agree.

While we're wishing for buildings I want a pantry. A place for me to stick cooking ingredients that don't show up in the selling list but are available for cooking, while not having to lock the entire stack of an item so I can sell the ones I don't need easily. Doesn't even need to be a new farm building, just an extension to the kitchen and/or storehouse.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I want to take all of the cow poo poo and grow mushrooms.

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

Fertilizer from the animal pens combined with stone/buckets/barrels which can be applied like grape juice to crops.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Wandering Orange posted:

Fertilizer from the animal pens combined with stone/buckets/barrels which can be applied like grape juice to crops.

Only it gives a production bonus instead of taking less time.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

1000 stamina seems impossibly far away to utilize the apple juice I have - what size inventory should I be aiming for before i start putting gold into stamina cap?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

BALLS DILDO posted:

1000 stamina seems impossibly far away to utilize the apple juice I have - what size inventory should I be aiming for before i start putting gold into stamina cap?

Your stamina cap is the max you can recover passively. You can use apples/orange juice and you will go above the stamina cap. Don’t spend too much gold on max stamina.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

koshmar posted:

Your stamina cap is the max you can recover passively. You can use apples/orange juice and you will go above the stamina cap. Don’t spend too much gold on max stamina.

that makes sense, i thought it meant I needed 1000 cap, not just 1000 available. thanks!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

BALLS DILDO posted:

that makes sense, i thought it meant I needed 1000 cap, not just 1000 available. thanks!

Yeah, it’s kind of confusing the first time you get access to it.

I’ve been playing just over a year and currently have 17,292,089/758 stamina — the stamina cap is completely meaningless except at the very start of the game and it’s not worth putting any gold into period imo.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I think FS will have to add a buff system that‘s not time based soon.
Fertilizer could be something like „next three harvests are doubled“ or the like. Where it applies to X actions instead of applying for Y minutes.

This could also give more fun quest rewards.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Got to farming 99 and my first grand mastery today. Feels good.

Both fishing and crafting are in the 90s as well, with exploring lagging behind at 82. I'm trying to grind out three more levels so I can get the red dragon, but it's going slowly.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Twincityhacker posted:

Got to farming 99 and my first grand mastery today. Feels good.

Both fishing and crafting are in the 90s as well, with exploring lagging behind at 82. I'm trying to grind out three more levels so I can get the red dragon, but it's going slowly.

Exploring will definitely be your last 99. If there's any kind of mastery boost in the Valentine's event, it'll help a little, but the main things are (a) getting to Whispering Creek, (b) using Onion Soup and (c) spamming Arnold Palmers there like a mad bastard.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
Intruders Beware VIII demands gold fish, which means the game is making me play it’s dumb tapping game and I hate it. I’m using mealworms to avoid the dot part but I’ve never felt more painfully self aware as when I’m just tappin on those fish as fast as I can like a toddler.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

kaptainkaffeine posted:

Intruders Beware VIII demands gold fish, which means the game is making me play it’s dumb tapping game and I hate it. I’m using mealworms to avoid the dot part but I’ve never felt more painfully self aware as when I’m just tappin on those fish as fast as I can like a toddler.

Two partial workarounds:

1) Grab Bag 07s (occasionally available for Blue Gels at the Exchange Center) give random golden fish.
2) If you're manually fishing without using Cat's Meows, which you can beg for in #giveaways, you're missing out. Those turn single catches (or 2x, if you have Double Hooks and it procs) into 3-8, and that includes golden fish and rarer stuff like Sea Dragons and Water Lilies and whatnot. When the game decides to start asking you for stuff like 600 Seaweed, it's the sane way of fulfilling it.

The Xmas event gave a built-in bonus for a short while to manual catches, and Cat's Meow stacked with it. I do not know if something similar will happen for Valentine's, but if it does, it will absolutely be your best time window for using a couple of Meows and tapping frantically.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Definitely get the pet that brings these in.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
The double catch bonuses also work with streaks, if you're going for that merit badge.

Speaking of events, I'm not crazy for stacking up on the event items Heart Necklace and Valentines Card, am I? When the items came out and the soap shop also changed to stocking fish bones I took that as a sign that someone's gonna want a lot of cards.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I opened 6k of those grab bags to see how much progress for Breaking the Ice even Icier IV I would get.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hope you ate some mushroom stew before doing so

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
There I made 10k valentine cards. I think I'm going to stop here as I don't have it in me to do that 10 more times. Needing feathers and parchment is so obnoxious.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
I’m stuck grinding the forest for golden leaf. Please continue to bless me, Jack Donaghy, with your beautiful orange rain.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

The Temple is open, thank God. Time to sacrifice Watermelons like a fiend for that Piece of Heart.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Referee posted:

The Temple is open, thank God. Time to sacrifice Watermelons like a fiend for that Piece of Heart.

If there's a Lima Bean in there I am going to commit farmtrocities.

Aside, I should probably not grind til the Valentine's event bonuses hit. Not sure if they're gonna include Crafting boosts or not.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

widespread posted:

If there's a Lima Bean in there I am going to commit farmtrocities.

Aside, I should probably not grind til the Valentine's event bonuses hit. Not sure if they're gonna include Crafting boosts or not.

There’s an xp and silver bonus pretty much every event. You can do stuff now but make sure you can go all out when the event drops.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I just started this game a couple days ago. it's really addicting, I've started up the sawmill silver thing but its pretty confusing

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Emberstone/Diamond seems to be the easiest for getting the achievement right now.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

takes 2 minutes with a breakfast boost and eggplants

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barreft posted:

I just started this game a couple days ago. it's really addicting, I've started up the sawmill silver thing but its pretty confusing

What is your user name?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Ruggan posted:

There’s an xp and silver bonus pretty much every event. You can do stuff now but make sure you can go all out when the event drops.

Ah. Still. Not sure if I go slow til then or hit 92 now and start the event by cranking out APs/LNs like they're crack.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

lol a top wheel spinners leaderboard

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

What is your user name?

Farmhausen

Barreft fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 8, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The Piece of Heart finally dropped, at the 27,936 watermelon mark. Figures that it waited for the Temple to come out of the beta before showing.

Now for the potato.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

delfin posted:

The Piece of Heart finally dropped, at the 27,936 watermelon mark. Figures that it waited for the Temple to come out of the beta before showing.

Now for the potato.

Lol, just had the same experience (and **two** of them dropped!) 20,552 for me.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I‘ve been doing the daily Temple reset for eggplants since it hit beta. You don‘t gain much but might as well work on that eggplant MM and I got 1.8k BBs.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch

delfin posted:

Two partial workarounds:

1) Grab Bag 07s (occasionally available for Blue Gels at the Exchange Center) give random golden fish.
2) If you're manually fishing without using Cat's Meows, which you can beg for in #giveaways, you're missing out. Those turn single catches (or 2x, if you have Double Hooks and it procs) into 3-8, and that includes golden fish and rarer stuff like Sea Dragons and Water Lilies and whatnot. When the game decides to start asking you for stuff like 600 Seaweed, it's the sane way of fulfilling it.

The Xmas event gave a built-in bonus for a short while to manual catches, and Cat's Meow stacked with it. I do not know if something similar will happen for Valentine's, but if it does, it will absolutely be your best time window for using a couple of Meows and tapping frantically.

Got some cats meows a while back from chat and GB7s are in the exchange tonight. Not shabby but it’s brutal to see the 7/100 and dread the tapping. Fingers crossed for that event, though I’m still going to be trying to figure out why it would be better to be stuck where you are instead of where I am now.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

kaptainkaffeine posted:

Got some cats meows a while back from chat and GB7s are in the exchange tonight. Not shabby but it’s brutal to see the 7/100 and dread the tapping. Fingers crossed for that event, though I’m still going to be trying to figure out why it would be better to be stuck where you are instead of where I am now.

You are always going to be stuck somewhere in this game; that's how it operates. As I am fond of noting, this is a game where you will look up a questline on Buddy's Almanac and think "that's utterly insane, that's mountains of irritating requests and super-rares, there is no way that I'll ever finish that," then build up for a little while and get new quests that are even more batshit and return to the first one and think "ah, this one's not so bad now."

Part of it is that there are different kinds of roadblocks. Some of them are straight-up timesinks, like Honey, that even smart investments can only help so much in clearing. Some of them are massive piles of inconvenient crops and craftables. Some of them are super-duper-rare items that are enormous pains to obtain, and in those cases, the game is slowly bending to make those easier. (Langstaff Crest is endless, mindless digging in the desert until it relents? Here, Wall in the Way can give you a different path to one. Piece of Heart and Gold Potato are utterly obnoxious? Here's the Temple.) It's rare that there's literally only one thing to work on; it's usually more that the one you want to work on is stuck, and so you end up pecking away at a second or third choice.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

T140 skill out, gives double Wishing Well rewards. gonna master my compasses twice as fast now

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

delfin posted:

You are always going to be stuck somewhere in this game; that's how it operates. As I am fond of noting, this is a game where you will look up a questline on Buddy's Almanac and think "that's utterly insane, that's mountains of irritating requests and super-rares, there is no way that I'll ever finish that," then build up for a little while and get new quests that are even more batshit and return to the first one and think "ah, this one's not so bad now."

Part of it is that there are different kinds of roadblocks. Some of them are straight-up timesinks, like Honey, that even smart investments can only help so much in clearing. Some of them are massive piles of inconvenient crops and craftables. Some of them are super-duper-rare items that are enormous pains to obtain, and in those cases, the game is slowly bending to make those easier. (Langstaff Crest is endless, mindless digging in the desert until it relents? Here, Wall in the Way can give you a different path to one. Piece of Heart and Gold Potato are utterly obnoxious? Here's the Temple.) It's rare that there's literally only one thing to work on; it's usually more that the one you want to work on is stuck, and so you end up pecking away at a second or third choice.

Today begins day 3 of searching the forest for Golden Leaf. Still 22 to go. I'm well on my way to maxing fishing from all the nets I've produced though. I'm also about 600m on my way to my first billion. Is this the loop I can expect from here out?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

I Love Topanga posted:

Today begins day 3 of searching the forest for Golden Leaf. Still 22 to go. I'm well on my way to maxing fishing from all the nets I've produced though. I'm also about 600m on my way to my first billion. Is this the loop I can expect from here out?

Masteries for tower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Wishing well also reset today, so if you used them before they did that you get a free second shot.