Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
I went to go check this week's sinfest, but it's somehow even more disjointed than usual.
It's basically channel surfing fash talking points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Xiahou Dun posted:

Those sure are some boots.

It's based on his ridiculous fashion choices while he was touring hurricane damaged areas:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

seiferguy posted:

It's based on his ridiculous fashion choices while he was touring hurricane damaged areas:

Of course lol.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Post poste posted:

I went to go check this week's sinfest, but it's somehow even more disjointed than usual.
It's basically channel surfing fash talking points.

"channel surfing fash talking points" is pretty much a description of 90% of modern Sinfest.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on gas meters fitted by force – Debt collection agents used by British Gas broke into vulnerable customers’ homes to install prepayment meters, an investigation by the Times found"

Telegraph:

"Ukraine deserves better than the EU's constant hand-wringing"

Matt:

Independent:

BBC facing calls to investigate claims Dominic Raab swore at young staff member After Gillray.

The i paper:

Times:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

:jerkbag:

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

:effort:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
God drat I hope there's an opinion in that box :pray:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It's going to be confidential documents.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

ZZT the Fifth posted:

"channel surfing fash talking points" is pretty much a description of 90% of modern Sinfest.

Political Cartoons 2023: Channel Surfing Fish Talking Points

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Microplastics posted:

Oh I hope not it would die of loneliness :(

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
A reminder that :siren: nominations are still open for the 2022 Kellies :siren: We've had no additional nominations since last year's thread- feel free to add yours, even if you just have one especially horrendous or funny cartoon you think deserves special mention.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

A reminder that :siren: nominations are still open for the 2022 Kellies :siren: We've had no additional nominations since last year's thread- feel free to add yours, even if you just have one especially horrendous or funny cartoon you think deserves special mention.

Thanks for the reminder! I knew I was forgetting something. I'll get to it tomorrow for sure.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Microplastics posted:

A joke would be nice too.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
If that's not what "toxic masculinity" means why do I keep writing comics saying it is?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Those poor French border guards.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

Right, so, I'm not going back to posting these regularly (though I respect the service of the other people who are), but someone up thread mentioned this weeks Sinfest had some extra whacky ones. Against my better judgment I went to check and boy howdy they were right.

Enjoy.

And now to forget this character exists for a few months (or maybe years)

A little late in the game to be jumping on the eggflation comics bandwagon, but whatever.

And now for some truly spicy hot takes:

It takes some pretty selective listening to interpret Ye praising Hitler and denying the holocaust as a generic "Love everyone!" message. Ishida has been the only person I've seen who's just been totally up front with his "Kanye West said nothing" beliefs. Everyone else on the right seems to have the self awareness to distance themselves from Ye publicly (even if they agree with him privately), but Ishida lacks that.

Also, I think he might be against receiving treatment for mental illnesses now? Like, he could just be against Ye getting treatment, but given how much he hates vaccines and doctors now it feels on brand that Ishida is just fully against getting mental healthcare in the same way he's turned against the concept of receiving any sort of physical healthcare.

The next two are just "A thing happened" (I think):

New York recently put up a really cool looking statue in a courthouse and I guess lame people who like getting pissed of at things have decided to be weird about it.

A brief news story about the statue can be found here: https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/for-the-first-time-a-statue-of-a-woman-sits-atop-this-manhattan-courthouse-012023

An example of people being weird and saying insane things about the statue can be found here: https://texasrighttolife.com/new-yorks-satanic-abortion-statue-is-coming-to-this-texas-city/

And we finish off with some anti-vaccine propaganda and Vainglorious doing art.

I don't think Vainglorious has shown up in months (or maybe over a year?) so you probably don't remember him unless you have the same "retain pointless information about Sinfest characters" disorder I do. His basic deal is that he's an artist and he's really arrogant (hence the name). Oh, and the lady with the antlers who's currently raising the year 2023 baby is his mom. He has a bad relationship with her and shaves his horns so he doesn't look like her but I don't think it's ever been explained what caused the bad relationship and who knows when or if it ever will be because the plot of Sinfest is a chaotic stream of consciousness drawn by a mad man.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Pretty cool to live in a time where conservatives will predict an event will happen to prove them right, and then act as if that thing happened, regardless of reality. "80% of the country will drop dead from the vaccine!" And then nothing happens but they're still talking like that's exactly how it went down. We saw this with the Martha's Vineyard thing too, where they just pretended their stunt played out as they wanted it to. Conservatives lying about reality isn't new but we're at the point where you can see it happening in front of you every day with your own drat eyes in person and they'll still go "too bad 25 million Americans died from vaccines!"

Also pretty loving rich for Tatsuya Ishida of all loving people to make a comic about how you should "love everyone", even people who seem unsaveable. Definitely fits with all his other work about how cool it would be to genocide minorities and how everyone who disagrees with him is subhuman scum.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Vib Rib posted:

Pretty cool to live in a time where conservatives will predict an event will happen to prove them right, and then act as if that thing happened, regardless of reality. "80% of the country will drop dead from the vaccine!" And then nothing happens but they're still talking like that's exactly how it went down. We saw this with the Martha's Vineyard thing too, where they just pretended their stunt played out as they wanted it to. Conservatives lying about reality isn't new but we're at the point where you can see it happening in front of you every day with your own drat eyes in person and they'll still go "too bad 25 million Americans died from vaccines!"

In this vein, a few months ago I had someone at work butt into a conversation I was having when I mentioned having a friend in Portland to say, without a shred of irony, "Portland doesn't exist anymore, it was burned to the ground by antifa Black Lives Matter rioters".

How do these people function?

Dial911
Mar 18, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

I don't even think the Sinfest guy has a narrative in mind, it's all just a bunch of random half finished batshit crazy ideas and conservative bubble group think that nobody outside that world would understand.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dial911 posted:

I don't even think the Sinfest guy has a narrative in mind, it's all just a bunch of random half finished batshit crazy ideas and conservative bubble group think that nobody outside that world would understand.

He's just fishing for validation/money, he doesn't need a coherent narrative, he just needs to keep putting out the same bigoted talking points and hope that enough likeminded pieces of poo poo see it and say "Yeah! Trans people ARE forcing children to prostitute themselves to vaccine needles! I'm going to give this guy a dollar!"

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

"Haha, I put a Nickelback joke in my 'you should love nazis' cartoon".

Kellies Nomination: Worst A Joke Happened

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hey Ishida, how much does Kanye love the jews?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I AM GRANDO posted:

Hey Ishida, how much does Kanye love the jews?

His love is shared exactly equally. So by killing a lot of them, Hitler managed to gain more of his love.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I mean, he went from 'jokingly' calling for genocide on the customers of sex workers on Monday to saying we should love everyone on Thursday. Of course love for the Tats types means trying really hard to 'fix' the people. Hate the sin, love the sinner and all that. Also, I wonder if any major political ideology railed hard against modern art, maybe even going so far as labelling it degenerate art...

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

:
The next two are just "A thing happened" (I think):

New York recently put up a really cool looking statue in a courthouse and I guess lame people who like getting pissed of at things have decided to be weird about it.

A brief news story about the statue can be found here: https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/for-the-first-time-a-statue-of-a-woman-sits-atop-this-manhattan-courthouse-012023

An example of people being weird and saying insane things about the statue can be found here: https://texasrighttolife.com/new-yorks-satanic-abortion-statue-is-coming-to-this-texas-city/

Imagine being scared of a statue and especially one that's as non-threatening like that one. In Norway we have statues like this in public and no one cares:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
After six weeks of absence, it's the glorious return of the 'person holding a sign' subcategory of Branco's visual diarrhoea.

A.F. Branco

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Bit late there, Mikey. We shot it down yesterday over the ocean.

Seriously I do love when a political cartoon is overtaken by events before it can even be published. One of Drunky Duck's (and I guess Prickly City's) few redeeming traits is that the two week delay often leaves whatever the author got himself worked up about either resolved or completely forgotten by everyone else.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alhazred posted:

Imagine being scared of a statue and especially one that's as non-threatening like that one. In Norway we have statues like this in public and no one cares:

That statue rules, the country of Norway clearly has excellent taste in public art.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

That statue rules, the country of Norway clearly has excellent taste in public art.

There's been some disagreement about churches being acceptable public art though :black101:

Are eggs in USA like butter in Denmark? The news have been going nuts about ridiculous prices on butter for months, but I have rarely actually paid the full new price and instead have been getting discounts below the old price all the time. And I eat a lot of butter, so I've been paying attention.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Knock, knock… the energy companies are at the door – Chris Riddell on the revelation that British Gas has been sending debt collectors to break into customers’ homes"

Sunday Telegraph:

Channel migrants could be banned from appealing against deportation

Matt:

Watch: Chinese spy balloon shot down off US coast

Sunday Times:

Liz Truss the comeback: Unrepentant ex-PM relaunches tax-cuts agenda

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tats' mind would probably explode if he knew that we have a statue literally called the Buttplug Gnome in a very busy roundabout :

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Alhazred posted:

Tats' mind would probably explode if he knew that we have a statue literally called the Buttplug Gnome in a very busy roundabout :

I'm pretty sure the city of Rotterdam had that one first.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I don't think Vainglorious has shown up in months (or maybe over a year?) so you probably don't remember him unless you have the same "retain pointless information about Sinfest characters" disorder I do. His basic deal is that he's an artist and he's really arrogant (hence the name). Oh, and the lady with the antlers who's currently raising the year 2023 baby is his mom. He has a bad relationship with her and shaves his horns so he doesn't look like her but I don't think it's ever been explained what caused the bad relationship and who knows when or if it ever will be because the plot of Sinfest is a chaotic stream of consciousness drawn by a mad man.

Wasn't he also being pushed as a rival to the Devil at one point, too? I think I remember that being a thing

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I mean, that's a good argument against a point I didn't make?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Sorry, I can see on second reading how my post came across as confrontational. It wasn't meant as such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I think potentially, someone in whatever circles of people outside the internet still speak with Tats suggested he seek out some treatment, and I am going to guess Tat's took it very badly.