Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

mweber posted:

Ground Round is also a restaurant chain that declared bankruptcy and shut down all operations while customers were still in the middle of their meals.

I was one of them!! I was eating a bowl of soup as an appetizer for lunch in Parma , OH when the waitress came over and told me everyone needed to leave. I asked if there was an emergency and she very calmly told me they got a phone call saying they were out of business and weren’t getting paid anymore, so I was free to take whatever food and/or things that weren’t nailed down I wanted.

Walked away with some nice silverware and a couple gallons of broccoli cheddar soup. The waitress and her co-workers were loading chairs and restaurant equipment into their cars while I was deciding how to get all the soup back to my apartment in my Mustang. It was the most surreal meal I never ate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

GPTribefan posted:

I was one of them!! I was eating a bowl of soup as an appetizer for lunch in Parma , OH when the waitress came over and told me everyone needed to leave. I asked if there was an emergency and she very calmly told me they got a phone call saying they were out of business and weren’t getting paid anymore, so I was free to take whatever food and/or things that weren’t nailed down I wanted.

Walked away with some nice silverware and a couple gallons of broccoli cheddar soup. The waitress and her co-workers were loading chairs and restaurant equipment into their cars while I was deciding how to get all the soup back to my apartment in my Mustang. It was the most surreal meal I never ate

Got any of that soup left?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

GPTribefan posted:

that rules. i wonder if the restaurant had a stash of those great red plastic cups. you know, the ones that keep every drink ice cold forever.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

God, I love a good broccoli cheddar soup.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

GPTribefan posted:

Parma , OH

On Pearl? That's the one I went to all the time as a kid.

Small world.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
BDD just dropped with the February schedule:

Main feed: Episode 658 — R.I.P.D.

Episode 659 — Sleepless in Seattle

Episode 660 — My Bloody Valentine (1981)

Episode 661 — 3 Ninjas

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — The Big Lebowski - AVAILABLE NOW!

Animation Damnation — Gargoyles: "Enter MacBeth" (s1, e9)

The Nexus: TOS: "The Empath" (s3 e12) TNG: "Hollow Pursuits" (s3, e21)

Gleep Glossary: Count Dooku

Melr0210: 90210: "The Pit and the Pendulum" (s2, e24), Melrose Place: "Collision Course" (s2, e11)

Once in a Lifetime: Sleepwalking in Suburbia

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

week 3 should be a goodin'

need more horror on the feed.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Glad to see sleepless in Seattle. GodDAMN I hate that movie. You've Got Mail too; just awful

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Wonder if MBV will be that cut with all the restored gore the original distributor insisted was destroyed for the longest time but Lionsgate somehow managed to get.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

I was excited to see Andrew Jupin linked to his review of Land of the Free with Jeff Speakman. Link is here for those who don't get the Big Daddy Dispatch: https://www.andrewjupin.com/posts-native/2023/1/17/tubi-treasure-chest-land-of-the-free-1998

I called it in for a previous listener request month and it wasn't selected at the time but maybe it'll get in the rotation now. One thing I'll add to Andrew's review (and was surprised to see it wasn't mentioned seeing as the gang has joked about the general idea before) is that a dog gets assassinated. Don't worry, we just see the aftermath, not the act itself and it's a very obvious stuffed animal for those sensitive to that sort of thing.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

What the hell is the Gleep Glossary becoming? Not that I'm complaining mind you

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Cael posted:

AND A GOOD INTERGANG TO YOU, MY GOOD INTERGANG

INTERGANGGREETINGS TO YOU FELLOW INTERGANGOON

Loved that episode.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

What the hell is the Gleep Glossary becoming? Not that I'm complaining mind you

My favorite show they do. I'm a huge f--<EMPIRE HORN>

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Hockles posted:

My favorite show they do. I'm a huge f--<EMPIRE HORN>

The morning zoo buttons are getting out of hand and I still want more

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
White Russians are so good. I'm with The Dude on this one. More alcohol should contain cream.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
When do they announce the winners for the request line thing?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Sometimes this month they'll do a Livestream where they pick movies out of hats.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I just assume they will do it on their new weekly live show.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It’s high time they do Book of Henry I feel. Been a while since we’ve had a good disgusting little shitboy.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm listening to Chris Cabin talk about Puss in Boots and I legitimately have no idea what movie he watched or how high he was when watching it. Like, Florence Pugh as Goldilock was not really a subtle allusion to some obscure literary work...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm listening to Chris Cabin talk about Puss in Boots and I legitimately have no idea what movie he watched or how high he was when watching it. Like, Florence Pugh as Goldilock was not really a subtle allusion to some obscure literary work...

Look, you don't get the title "Most Contrarian Film Critic" for nothing.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Chris of all people filled the Steve role of getting people on task and talking about RIPD this week, I laughed to see the role reversal.

Also I'm laughing now that I learned RIPD 2 is a prequel, with Burn Notice starring as Jeff Bridges' character.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

BigglesSWE posted:

It’s high time they do Book of Henry I feel. Been a while since we’ve had a good disgusting little shitboy.

I was absolutely convinced they had already done this but after finding out I was wrong I agree, they really need to do it. Such a bad movie

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Not that it matters since it's all made up bullshit, but on the RIPD episode, either Andrew's mom was wrong about the saint she was praying to, or Andrew's remembering wrong. St. Anthony is the Patron Saint of Lost Things. I distinctly remember my Catholic grandmother walking around the house, saying, "There's something lost and it can't be found, please St. Anthony, look around!" I think Adam Ferrara even told the exact same story, so it must be an old Catholic woman thing.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Not that it matters since it's all made up bullshit, but on the RIPD episode, either Andrew's mom was wrong about the saint she was praying to, or Andrew's remembering wrong. St. Anthony is the Patron Saint of Lost Things. I distinctly remember my Catholic grandmother walking around the house, saying, "There's something lost and it can't be found, please St. Anthony, look around!" I think Adam Ferrara even told the exact same story, so it must be an old Catholic woman thing.

Tony, Tony, turnaround; something’s lost and it must be found.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I saw this new episode pop up and I swear I never heard of a movie called RIPD.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I can't help but roll my eyes when Eric pulls the episode to a screeching halt to in detail highlight the available content on Patreondotcomslashwehatemovies. Save it for the end, dude.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Respect the hustle, friend.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

BigglesSWE posted:

I can't help but roll my eyes when Eric pulls the episode to a screeching halt to in detail highlight the available content on Patreondotcomslashwehatemovies. Save it for the end, dude.

That's true. But have you considered that for JUST $10 a month you not only get the We Love Movies monthly episode but also Once in a Lifetime, Gleep Glossary and MELR0210? Not only that, you also get great backlog content such as the Twilightmentary and Make It So, their review of the first season of Picard!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

With the new weekly thing they must be getting close to just doing WHM full time cause godamn it’s a lot of content to make.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Invalid Validation posted:

With the new weekly thing they must be getting close to just doing WHM full time cause godamn it’s a lot of content to make.

Yeah, it's a wild amount of stuff. I worry sometimes they're starting to get burned out on it but then they add another thing (another free thing, no less) and so I can only assume they must be enjoying it some.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

Yeah, it's a wild amount of stuff. I worry sometimes they're starting to get burned out on it but then they add another thing (another free thing, no less) and so I can only assume they must be enjoying it some.

This is part of why I never went to the $10 tier; I do not have enough time in the week to listen to all the $8 content.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

This is part of why I never went to the $10 tier; I do not have enough time in the week to listen to all the $8 content.

There are 168 hours in a week, they only produce 112 hours of content per week, you have plenty of time to listen to it all

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I've kind of dropped off a lot of their content tbh. Haven't listened to Nexus stuff in a while, never really picked up the 90's teenromance shows they're doing, and the WLM stuff is, more often than not, just grating. Gleep Glossary and Lifetime is absolute golden still so they got my money for those.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I listen to everything. I’m actually relistening to Animation Damnation right now.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

dorium posted:

I listen to everything. I’m actually relistening to Animation Damnation right now.

Same. I’m most behind on Once in a Lifetime since I moved and don’t drive as much but this is the last podcast on my list that would go.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

dorium posted:

all I skip on the $8 level is Making It So and The Nexus, largely because if I don't know the episode they're talking about I don't enjoy it very much.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

all I skip on the $8 level is Making It So and The Nexus, largely because if I don't know the episode they're talking about I don't enjoy it very much.

The Picard voice makes it all better

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I got the $5 tier and, along with the $10 registration fee here, it's among the best money I ever spent. WHM has given me countless hours of entertainment that span over months so I'm cool tossing them a five. I just wish the ads got removed for paid subscribers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I skipped Making it So, because I didn't watch Picard. I guess I should torture myself with that one sometime.

The only other things I've skipped are the commentaries, and that's just because I don't have a good way to watch them.