Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth
As though the Forths don't vocalise their every thought without any kind of filter at all times anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Raskolnikov38 posted:

WHY ARE YOU IDIOTS NOT ESCAPING

Because he's desperately trying to convince himself that this wasn't a bad idea and that he's not an enormous dumbass for not listening to Mozz.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Because he's desperately trying to convince himself that this wasn't a bad idea and that he's not an enormous dumbass for not listening to Mozz.
Post on your main, Mozz.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (December 30, 1940-January 1, 1941)

:stare:

quote:

Is this a summer camp? ROTC? Just kids being intensely industrious playing pretend? I don't really understand the circumstances here, but I do appreciate the observations being made.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Rifle around the Internet Archive and you can find early Mad Magazines, including their parodies of Archie, Popeye, Pogo and Prince Valiant.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (March 04, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbK4zK-XDM4

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

WHY ARE YOU IDIOTS NOT ESCAPING

Who is left to escape from? The Phantom knocked out several guards when he arrived, the bandar killed several guards with their arrows and now Savarna has exploded some to death too. Even if there were any guards left, I'd imagine they would be pretty hesitant to try and capture Savarna now.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Wierd Fruit Explorer would beg to differ. He's sampled fruits that tasted like a cross between cotton candy and roses.

https://www.youtube.com/@WeirdExplorer

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

In today's Blueberry: Mike gets demolished, or Now is not an ideal time to have a legal dispute, gentlemen, or Gee, I'm sure that third-last panel isn't a clue as to why precisely the pastor isn't liked by the indigenous people

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/4/03

Brenda Starr 5/7/50

Smokey Stover 10/5/50

Everyday Movies 1/26/36

"Why didn't you clean the coffee pot after you heated the mulligan in it last night, Mopey?"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 10/3-5/40

Bonus Ad! Gender-differentiated chocolate!

(I have heard that German chocolate cake is named after this brand, rather than having anything to do with Germany.)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Prince Arn, you are drat lucky Katwin and Tillicum are not here. or your mom. I get the feeling she would not leave so quietly.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Did we already pass the storyline that explains why everyone in camelot wears an image of a pterodactyl on their chest?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (February 15, 1976)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire and the Curse of Tangaroa!

Popeye

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hägar in reruns could be interesting.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Professor Wayne posted:

Hagar the Horrible

Is this a different artist or a repeat or something?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Technowolf posted:

I think it might be a reprint? The new strips are all signed Browne while this one is signed Dik.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
It's the 50th anniversary of Hagar the Horrible this week. I think they're rerunning it to commemorate it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Technowolf posted:

Repeat. It's actually the first Hagar strip (Feb. 4, 1973).

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Put the sheer boringness of God to practical use. :catholic:

Slylock Fox

:regd13:

FoxTrot

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I know we all have an issue with Foob, but today's is pretty cute. That's the kind of thing my dad would have probably done when I was April's age.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
FoxTrot has beaten the 'eat a lot' horse to death further than Zits at this point.

Docks

Retail

Popcom

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

Hagar the Horrible
This has always been one of my favorite Hägar. :)

Poil fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 5, 2023

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Hello hello new thread! That last bit of ‘22 threw some pretty big life changes at me, so apologies (as usual :facepalm:).

¡Aragones! is ending this week, so I’ll have something new(ish) in this space soon.

Life in Hell

Sylvia

Marlys! (I’ll note for the new thread that this is actually called Ernie Pook’s Comeek, but we’re pulling from a book called The! Greatest! Of! Marlys!)

(Bonus shoutout in the radio copy to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s73v79TyASI )

Thanks for having me back, thread, I missed y’all.

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 5, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

god its like i stepped back to 1992

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 10/3-5/40

I love Mr Badly, I'll hate to see him go. Look at that little dream bubble in strip 1, look at him wildly bargaining with Scarlet like she's the devil himself, absolute king of pathetic behavior.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Why is Gengis Khan dressed in a Fred Flintstone style caveman outfit?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Yay Marlys!

Junk Drawer

Home Free x3

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

That is a tremendous drawing by Olivia. :allears:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I never got the real answer to the truth/lie guards in Popeye. I do like how they handle it.

And I do like how the standard D&D player does:

Barbarian beats one guard to death. Asks the other if that guard is dead. Now we know who the liar is.

Yeah FOOB Daddy reading was cute. Broken clock and all that.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

OK but there are usually queer people at the movies was peak Marlys. I didn't look it up but I bet my quote is close.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I never got the real answer to the truth/lie guards in Popeye. I do like how they handle it.

You ask A "What would B say if I asked them if their hallway was safe".

If B is a liar:
If hallway A is safe B would lie and say "yes", then A says "yes"
If hallway B is safe B would say "no" and A will say "no".

If B tells the truth:
If hallway A is safe B would say "no" and then A will say "yes".
If hallway B is safe B would say "yes" so A says "no"

In either case a reply from A of "yes" means hallway A is safe and "no" means B. You are guaranteed to have one and only one lie in the answer.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Darthemed posted:

FoxTrot has beaten the 'eat a lot' horse to death further than Zits at this point.
I've never really liked FoxTrot but I'm ashamed to say it's less the generic lolnerds/teens/dads humour that got me and more that stupid loving face in every strip where a character randomly jams their tongue out of the side of their face I hate that face so much FoxTrot and the Out Our Way worry wart are my eternal nemeses godDAMNI

Poil posted:

This has always been one of my favorite Hägar. :)
I'm just impressed that Hagar ever conveyed actual slapstick humour in motion. Tragic to see how even the most lifeless zombie strip once was a work of enthusiasm.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Panel three captures the exact moment when she decides whether or not to just shoot them for safety's sake.

Murdstone posted:

Flash Gordon

Panel three HERE, by contrast (plus panel four) is the most profoundly soul-piercing artistic capturing of a constipated poo poo I've ever seen.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Crumbs Of Ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

foxtrot is great and bill amend should be allowed to knock out a low effort strip every week for as long as he wants, he earned it