Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Tree Bucket posted:

Why are there two gun tubes on the gun? Is it a double-shooting gun?
I don’t know about guns.

Double-barreled shotguns are very much a thing, which I guess were the standard before they invented the pump-action reload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Double-barreled shotguns are very much a thing, which I guess were the standard before they invented the pump-action reload.

It’s a magazine brah

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bum the Sad posted:

It’s a magazine brah

LOL, they should of made it a tube for books instead the idiots!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Bum the Sad posted:

It’s a magazine brah

let's meet in the middle and say it's a 1.5 barrel

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The bottom tube is weinforcement to pwevent wild game from bending the top tube 180 degrees, thus pulling the trigger getting you a smokey blast of buckshot to your own face. Signage can also be confusing to the novice, but often signifies the abrupt and confusing changes between duck season, rabbit season, etc

Simple range safety will save a lot of frustration in the future, particularly if you want to avoid your teeth jangling like a player piano while a jaunty rag plays. Any gun owner worth their salt will also own a gun safe of sufficient size, to drop on opponents.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
The bottom tube has a hinge near the end of the barrel. You detach it from the forestalk and it splits halfway down its length so as to form a little tripod so you can have stabilized shots. This enables infinite ammo, but you can't run

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I'm carefully sifting the joke answers from the serious helpful ones. So far I'm pretty certain we're at 100% serious answers, thnx guys!!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/n5vDQQK.gifv

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

It's a hotdog warmer. The more you shoot the hotter it gets and after a good hunting session you pull your freshly cooked hotdog out of the tube.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
:hmmno:

:hmmyes:

Boob Cop
Jan 1, 2023

From several millennia ago, but this is Black River bacon. Its good bacon. People get mad at me when we are out.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

The bottom tube is weinforcement to pwevent wild game from bending the top tube 180 degrees, thus pulling the trigger getting you a smokey blast of buckshot to your own face. Signage can also be confusing to the novice, but often signifies the abrupt and confusing changes between duck season, rabbit season, etc

Simple range safety will save a lot of frustration in the future, particularly if you want to avoid your teeth jangling like a player piano while a jaunty rag plays. Any gun owner worth their salt will also own a gun safe of sufficient size, to drop on opponents.

You’re a real nimrod, aren’t you

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Just in case you were not feeling your age today.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
eh, I was there at an electronics boutique for the world of warcraft launch I can't really cast shade on that. young people are dumb as hell

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I was at the midnight launch of Skyrim. It started with an EB employee announcing they would start letting people into the store shortly.

It ended when I finally got into the store and the same girl was bawling her eyes out working at the till.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I was at the midnight launch of Skyrim. It started with an EB employee announcing they would start letting people into the store shortly.

It ended when I finally got into the store and the same girl was bawling her eyes out working at the till.

What did you DO!?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
When I break into people's bedrooms at night I'm not greeted with a guitar chord; I'm greeted with you've been banned from this store, sir. Get out.

edit: I don't know what I thought I read; I think I'm confusing this thread with another as one referenced Melissa Joan Hart and the other Clarissa Explains It All and she's either, so that's what I'm referencing, but now I can't find the loving thread. I think it's still sort of funny though so I guess I'll leave it, with this spoiler? Maybe it's funny? Ah I dunno, here's an image an ai generated when I told it to give me a "funny picture":

credburn has a new favorite as of 06:46 on Feb 5, 2023

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

I'm carefully sifting the joke answers from the serious helpful ones. So far I'm pretty certain we're at 100% serious answers, thnx guys!!

There are double barrel shotguns that stack them vertically, but that's not what's going in the picture you're asking about.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
"We're not insane gun nuts!"

* another 2+ page derail in the happy pictures thread because a gun is mentioned and everyone wants to prove they are the gunniest gun gunner on the forums *

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Piss Creep posted:

"We're not insane gun nuts!"

* another 2+ page derail in the happy pictures thread because a gun is mentioned and everyone wants to prove they are the gunniest gun gunner on the forums *

Obviously not since half the people are very wrong

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
is that pistol meant to have feathers all over it?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Grognan posted:

eh, I was there at an electronics boutique for the world of warcraft launch I can't really cast shade on that. young people are dumb as hell

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Kids today! Waiting in line to buy games? In my day we waited in line for operating systems!
(Computer City for the midnight launch of Windows 95.) Where's the mashup of :colbert: and :corsair:

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There are double barrel shotguns that stack them vertically, but that's not what's going in the picture you're asking about.

I know we can only see her (presumably) off hand but how in the gently caress do you manipulate the dual triggers of an O/U with gloves like that?

Edit: fffffffff it has a selector switch doesn't it

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It's the clip. The extra tube is the clip.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The extra tube is the hot dog warmer

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

credburn posted:

I don't know what I thought I read; I think I'm confusing this thread with another as one referenced Melissa Joan Hart and the other Clarissa Explains It All and she's either, so that's what I'm referencing, but now I can't find the loving thread.

I think it was the Middle East thread that was called Clarissa Explains The Fall when the Afghan administration was collapsing, in reference to Clarissa Ward

E: it's still called that https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839774

PittTheElder has a new favorite as of 08:20 on Feb 5, 2023

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Coward posted:

What did you DO!?

Bought the game and left. Ain't no tears gonna get in the way of the fus ro da.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

dr_rat posted:

LOL, they should of made it a tube for books instead the idiots!

How are u gonna roll up a book to fit inside a tube, moran!

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Bought the game and left. Ain't no tears gonna get in the way of the fus ro da.

No, I meant what did you do to make them cry in the first place.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

"Yup, that's a bird"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Coward posted:

No, I meant what did you do to make them cry in the first place.

Probably the farts.

But seriously, she was dressed in some Skyrim cosplay. I'm sure she got some nasty comments from nerds who thought they were being "charming".

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm pretty sure being a woman in a nerd store is one of the layers of hell. Presumably the one where they put all the people who make being a woman in a nerd store one of the layers of hell.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

she clubbed that bird so hard it broke her gun!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All they know is twerk, charge they phone, be bisexual, eat covid-19 test and lie

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Zetsubou-san posted:

is that pistol meant to have feathers all over it?

It's a bird gun

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
This is also a bird gun

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Early morning Final Fantasy 7 launch for the free T-shirt with purchase and UPS hadn’t shown up yet with the games or shirts. When that poor dude finally showed up he was skeletonized like piranhas on a cow carcass.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Ironhead posted:

I know we can only see her (presumably) off hand but how in the gently caress do you manipulate the dual triggers of an O/U with gloves like that?

Edit: fffffffff it has a selector switch doesn't it

Kind of. There’s a switch that will select what barrel fires first but you don’t have to flip it to shoot the second barrel. Pull the trigger once and the first barrel (whichever you’ve selected to go first) will fire, pull it again and the second one goes.

The reason you’d want a different barrel to fire first would be because you have something called a choke at the end of the barrel that affects the spread of the pellets, so you can have your top barrel with a choke set up for a further shot, and the bottom for a closer shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.