Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gran Turismo is the first racing game I have ever played that packs in all of the excitement of waiting at the DMV into every inch of it. Can't wait to see what comes next. More menus probably, both literally and figuratively. But I know if I stick with it I'll eventually score a sweet 1998 Saturn or Toyota Corolla.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

AHHHHHNHN! Too many games!

There's too many of them!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I am just still playing Hitman. Looking forward to FFXIV though.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Gran Turismo is the first racing game I have ever played that packs in all of the excitement of waiting at the DMV into every inch of it. Can't wait to see what comes next. More menus probably, both literally and figuratively. But I know if I stick with it I'll eventually score a sweet 1998 Saturn or Toyota Corolla.

Yeah, that was my impression back at GT3. It’s just a game for a different type of player, but certainly not for me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Live At Five! posted:

Nothing an AI can do will top the scene in the newsroom where they announce bin ladin's death

He reported the news.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Wolfsheim posted:

I love Dragon Age and am looking forward to playing that in 2028

2025, late 2024 if we're lucky.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

suuma posted:

Been playing Yakuza Zero again; I've told myself I need to finish some games before I install more.

:thatsrad:

need to replay it myself, like an old bottle of sweet necter...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

imhotep posted:

Yeah someone definitely did very early on, this video compares a more recent version with the old one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKvX6hqo1xA

jesus christ, i think i was expecting something shoddy looking but goddamn lmao dreams rules

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

It's really impressive both that Dreams is capable of this and that people are capable of makingthis stuff, but I cannot help but wonder why someone would ever put that kind of work into something that they will never be able to sell or bring to another platform, or even release to anyone beyond the tiny number of people who own dreams. Like, surely if you can make that, you could do it in Unreal and more than 10 people could play it and you could possibly even make money if you stuck with the project.

I dunno, I guess I just do my hobbies for fun too. But if I made a whole game in Dreams, I think the second I finished it I would just be like "gently caress!"

a lot of people dont know their own talents or have access to a pc with engine tools or able to make something without tools like dreams. could lead them into working on other realer projects tho, like a demo reel

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fifteen of Many posted:

I asked ChatGPT: “Please write a Shakespearean play set in the world of FromSoft’s Bloodborne.”

Title: "Bloodborne: A Tragedy of Hunters"

Act I, Scene I:
(The stage is set in the cobbled streets of Yharnam, a city plagued by an outbreak of the scourge. A group of hunters, dressed in their finest gear, converse in hushed tones.)

Hunter 1: 'Tis a foul night, my friends, and the moon shines bright.

Hunter 2: Aye, and the beasts roam the streets with reckless abandon.

Hunter 3: Our task is to rid this city of the scourge, to restore it to its former glory.

Hunter 1: But how can we, when the source of the plague remains unknown?

Hunter 2: We must be steadfast, for the sake of Yharnam and all its citizens.

Act I, Scene II:
(The hunters venture deeper into the city, fighting off beasts and encountering strange characters along the way. As they make their way to the heart of the scourge, they come upon a powerful entity, known as the Blood-drunk Moon.)

Blood-drunk Moon: Ha! Hunters, you think to challenge me? I am the source of the scourge, the bringer of madness.

Hunter 1: We shall stop you, foul creature. Your reign of terror ends tonight.

Blood-drunk Moon: So be it. Let us see who shall emerge victorious in this battle of hunters and beasts.

(The hunters engage the Blood-drunk Moon in a fierce battle, but are ultimately defeated. As they lie dying, they realize the futility of their quest and the terrible cost of their actions.)

Hunter 1: 'Tis a cruel fate, to die so young and full of hope.

Hunter 2: Our quest was in vain, for the scourge remains and the city is lost.

Hunter 3: And so we must accept our fate, and rest in peace, knowing that our efforts were not in vain.

Epilogue:
(The stage is empty, save for the bodies of the hunters. The sounds of the city can be heard in the distance, a reminder of the tragedy that has befallen Yharnam.)

Chorus: So ends the tale of the hunters, brave and true, who sought to save a city from its darkest hour.

Though they fell in battle, their legacy remains, a testament to the power of the human spirit.

For though the scourge still ravages the land, and Yharnam is lost to madness, the hunters will always be remembered, as the brave souls who dared to stand.

yer posting AI, tonight, on nite of postin' ? are ya mad? off with ya hahahahaahahaaaaaaaahaa

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ah, there's something I want to tell you. A bit of wisdom from the eminent Master VideoGames!

Once, a poster betrayed his fellows at internet...and brought forbidden chatbots back with him to the PS5 thread.

It was there that the first of the inhuman botposts was born.

The botposts are fiendish creations which threaten the purity of the Thread's posting.

The user of the botposts is still around today. And so, to honor my master's wishes, I search, for the instrument of his probation.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Dewgy posted:

I think that happened on like day one.

I cant remember the specifics but someone made a 1:1 recreation. Not sure what platform.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
As you once did for the vacuous Fifteen, grant us AIs, grant us AIs! Plant AIs on our brain to cleanse our poster idiocy. If The People demand a probe then I’ll take one in good stride.

Anyway Strangers of Paradise it is since I’m coming off a few long games back to back and could use something shorter and with a more silly tone to break it up. Thanks!

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 5, 2023

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I recently snagged the PS4 cosmic special edition of Guardians of the Galaxy for 10€, because it comes with a free PS5 upgrade.
Had it lying around for a while and decided to try it out yesterday after dinner for an hour or so.

Yeah well, this hasn't happened in years. Why is it suddenly 5.48 am?

Game doesn't have the greatest team fighting mechanism as it can become very hectic to pinpoint an exact enemy for teammates to attack, but drat it is pretty.

The dialogues are fitting for the guardians and voice actors are doing a decent job in my opinion. Story wise, I can't say where it will go yet, but it's not boring or super transparent.

All in all this is a good marvel game. Not spiderman great but definitely fun and entertaing.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Already in endgame in MH Rise. The level design is definitely not up to MHW (hard to do since those levels are some of the most detailed levels in games, period) but it’s fun and the new game mechanics are pretty cool. I do get the feeling I’ll be able to easily put it down for Theatrythm until the expansion eventually comes around.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Protip: The secret to putting a DualShock 2 back together after repairing/cleaning it is to put the R2/L2 pads in as the last step. Trying to clamp the two halves of the shell together with the back shoulder buttons already in place without loving up the shoulder sensor pad is drat near impossible.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Ah, there's something I want to tell you. A bit of wisdom from the eminent Master VideoGames!

Once, a poster betrayed his fellows at internet...and brought forbidden chatbots back with him to the PS5 thread.

It was there that the first of the inhuman botposts was born.

The botposts are fiendish creations which threaten the purity of the Thread's posting.

The user of the botposts is still around today. And so, to honor my master's wishes, I search, for the instrument of his probation.

I’m going to train a chatbot on the SA archives and build the ultimate shitposter.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And then you created BP and sent him back in time, creating a paradox

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Escobarbarian posted:

And then you created BR and sent him back in time, creating a paradox

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Azathoth Prime posted:

I’m going to train a chatbot on the SA archives and build the ultimate shitposter.

Stux already exists.

I didn’t realize we were already this close to RE4 remake, I’m trying to finish Elden Ring before that drops but I have no idea how much is left in this game. I’m level 98, about 65 hours in and just found the Volcano Manor. I’ve cleared out Limgrave, Liurnia, Caelid, a few underground areas and a decent chunk of Altus minus the capital area. If I had to guess I’d estimate I have like 20 hours left?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

BigDumper posted:

Stux already exists.

I didn’t realize we were already this close to RE4 remake, I’m trying to finish Elden Ring before that drops but I have no idea how much is left in this game. I’m level 98, about 65 hours in and just found the Volcano Manor. I’ve cleared out Limgrave, Liurnia, Caelid, a few underground areas and a decent chunk of Altus minus the capital area. If I had to guess I’d estimate I have like 20 hours left?

Oh you've got a ways to go yet

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Frankston posted:

Oh you've got a ways to go yet

I kind of knew this was the case but I didn’t want to admit it to myself. This game just keeps going.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Not even half way lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BigDumper posted:

Stux already exists.

More like 200 hours

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Reported Elden Ring playtimes here are anywhere from 80 to 120 hours, depending on how much you thoroughly scour new areas for stuff

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BigDumper posted:

Stux already exists.

You have 120 hours left

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

haveblue posted:

Reported Elden Ring playtimes here are anywhere from 80 to 120 hours, depending on how much you thoroughly scour new areas for stuff

I’m not the type to obsess over getting everything, so this is about in line with what I expected. If this game actually took 200 hours to beat once I’d just stop playing it eventually, I love it but that’s just too much for me.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Okay I think I want to try Yakuza for the first time today. I believe PS Extra gives you most if not all of the titles, where do I start? If they have continuity I may prefer a more enjoyable experience over "the beginning".

I don't know if this has any relevance to anything but Sleeping Dogs is one of my favorite games of all time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jelly posted:

Okay I think I want to try Yakuza for the first time today. I believe PS Extra gives you most if not all of the titles, where do I start? If they have continuity I may prefer a more enjoyable experience over "the beginning".

I don't know if this has any relevance to anything but Sleeping Dogs is one of my favorite games of all time.

everyone will say start with Zero and they are right

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

BigDumper posted:

I’m not the type to obsess over getting everything, so this is about in line with what I expected. If this game actually took 200 hours to beat once I’d just stop playing it eventually, I love it but that’s just too much for me.

Getting past the capital kind of marks the 2/3rds point through the story assuming you've mostly cleared out the other areas before then. There are two mandatory zones beyond Leyndell and a whole bunch of optional areas before the final boss gauntlet, so you can either get through it relatively quickly or not fast at all.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

The video of that guy going nuts over its VR mode had me all set to buy it on sale, and then Blind Rasputin's post about tail drifting or whatever snapped me out of it, reminded me why I never play GT. I need Wipeout on PSVR2. Need it

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Jelly posted:

I think either Yakuza 0 or Like a Dragon are perfectly fine starting places. Like a Dragon has some moments that play better if you know some of the characters but either entry are the start of their respective main character’s journey. Zero is a brawler and Like a Dragon a turn based RPG if that matters for you!

(Zero is where I started and I enjoyed it, fwiw)

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 5, 2023

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jelly posted:

Yakuza 0 is the best one to start with.

Like a Dragon is okay to start with if you prefer a RPG to a brawler.

Judgment is standalone and very similar to the other games with some “detective” gameplay framework thrown in.

All of these are pretty “best in class” but I think 0 will give you the best idea of if you’ll like the series or not.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

acksplode posted:

tail drifting

I think he was talking about trail braking

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Whatever nerd. The most complex thing a car should do is give you a boost after you hop into a drift and wiggle the analog stick back and forth three times.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jelly posted:

Start with 0. You’ll miss all the little references they put in about 1-5 but as an overall experience it’s the best one for a newcomer, while also being set at the beginning of the continuity so it ticks both boxes.

LAD/7 can be played on its own but imo works best after you play the others if you want it to fire on all cylinders.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

RGG, gimme Yak0 Kiwami! I want to play it again, but I want the shiniest version possible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fix posted:

I am just still playing Hitman. Looking forward to FFXIV though.

I really want to get through all of the missions in Hitman 1 - 3.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Fix posted:

RGG, gimme Yak0 Kiwami! I want to play it again, but I want the shiniest version possible.

It's perfect as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The only game that could really do with a do-over now is 3, because with modern eyes that one is rough as hell especially coming off the back of Kiwami 2 which is the best game in the entire franchise to date, imo.

It’s not going to happen any time soon since they did the remasters instead and I’d rather they focus on the new games and give us things like Ishin instead, though.