Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Taichi vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 04/02

The best wrestler on the New Japan roster and also Will Ospreay

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Taichi vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 04/02

The best wrestler on the New Japan roster and also Will Ospreay

4thing, what a great match that was also finally getting to enjoy a fully unrestricted crowd.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
RoH Jay Briscoe Tribute and Celebration of Life, 1/18

HM: Wheeler Yuta (c) v. Hagane Shinno - RoH Pure Championship
HM: Eddie Kingston v. QT Marshall
HM: Claudio Castagnoli (c) v. Christopher Daniels - RoH World Championship

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo February 4th
MOTYC
Catch 2/2 (Francesco Akira and TJP) (c) vs Just 2 Guys (DOUKI and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
- TJP sold the leg and there was a figure four, this is what professional wrestling is meant to be

Will Ospreay vs Just 1 Guy (Taichi)
- A mother loving Ganso Bomb

HM
TMDK (Shane Haste, Mikey Nicholls, Zack Sabre Jr and Kosei Fujita) vs CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii) and Yuto Nakashima

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WMOTYC: Shota Umino vs. Tetsuya Naito, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 04/02

Wrap it up Shotailures

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

WMOTYC: Shota Umino vs. Tetsuya Naito, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 04/02

Wrap it up Shotailures

Not that bad but maybe the biggest a guy pencilled to be the top star has fallen flat since the guy he was wrestling did ten years ago to the point that it could have been on purpose lol

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Not that bad but maybe the biggest a guy pencilled to be the top star has fallen flat since the guy he was wrestling did ten years ago to the point that it could have been on purpose lol

I posted too much about this in the thread but:

1. They had to know that Taichi losing the match before would kill the building

2. NJPW has a succesful formula for building babyface stars and it ain't kissing babies and shaking hands.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 5, 2023

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Catch 2/2 (Francesco Akira and TJP) (c) vs Just 2 Guys (DOUKI and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
- TJP sold the leg and there was a figure four, this is what professional wrestling is meant to be

HM
TMDK (Shane Haste, Mikey Nicholls, Zack Sabre Jr and Kosei Fujita) vs CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii) and Yuto Nakashima

Nth.

I'll also Nth the Miyahara/Nomura vs Aoyagi/Nomura AJPW match from this past week as a MOTYC.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

I'm gonna Nth this bad boy too..extremely fun stuff

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I'm gonna Nth this bad boy too..extremely fun stuff

Yeah I'll nth it too, TMDK bring me so much joy

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

graph posted:

HM: The Elite (c) vs. Ethan Page, Matt Hardy, and Isiah Kassidy - AEW Trios Championship - AEW Rampage - 2/3

Nth

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Hangman Adam Page - AEW Dynamite 2/1
HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs. Brian Cage - AEW Dynamite 2/1
HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Timothy Thatcher - AEW Dynamite 2/1
MOTYC: Darby Allin (C) vs. Samoa Joe for the TNT Title - AEW Dynamite 2/1

graph posted:

HM: The Elite (c) vs. Ethan Page, Matt Hardy, and Isiah Kassidy - AEW Trios Championship - AEW Rampage - 2/3

nthing these

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

yea

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
HM: Wes Lee vs Dijak - WWE NXT Vengeance Day 2/4

turns out the indie stars nxt signs are extremely good when they let them have indie-rear end matches

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Yeah agreed

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Only need one more vote for Miyahara/Nomura vs Aoyagi/Nomura to get All Japan it's first MOTYC nomination in more than 3 years, who wants to be a hero

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Only need one more vote for Miyahara/Nomura vs Aoyagi/Nomura to get All Japan it's first MOTYC nomination in more than 3 years, who wants to be a hero

Oh, I’ll nth it. I haven’t been in this thread a lot this year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Bishamon (c) vs. Shane Haste/Mikey Nicholls, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 05/02

Mad Mikey's betrayal of CHAOS must be answered

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM: Gallus vs The New Day vs Pretty Deadly vs Chase University - WWE NXT Vengeance Day 2/4

cool tag division they got goin down there, was never expecting Chase U to get over outside whatever the new Full Sail is called but they were super fun here and the crowed loved em

HM: Bishimon vs TMDK - NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo Night 2 2/5

"this team looked very credible in their loss to yoshi hashi and goto" is a sentence i never thought id write but here we are, everyone got over and it was a great time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 05/02

Ishii did a Yoshi Tonic what the gently caress man

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr. (C) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the IWGP Television Championship - NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo 2/5

The 15 minute time limit completely changed up the pacing of this match from the usual New Japan big match feel and it was loving awesome. Ishii Tonic :vince:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 05/02

god how loving smart is it to just take a midcard belt that is mostly going to have 12-15 minute matches anyways and say "what if we amp up the drama with a 15 minute time limit"

loving great match i am so excited for the future of this belt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Easiest loving Nth of the night.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Rarity posted:

Nth. Love that they introduced the Stardom High Speed belt in NJPW.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Rarity posted:

nth

Tough and Strong

Do High-Flyer Moves On U

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo February 5th
MOTYC
Zack Sabre Jr (c) vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPWWorld Tevelvision Championship
- The 15 minute time limit on these matches is absolutely inspired, last few minutes were tense as hell

HM
Bishamon (YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto) (c) vs TMDK (Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) - IWGP World Tag Team Championships
Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs YOH - IWGP Jr Championship

Main event took a while to get going but the last 10 minutes were real good, big step up from yesterday's show

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. YOH, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 05/02

Too long at 30 minutes but the back half was really good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

HM: Hiromu Takahashi (C) vs YOH for the IWGP Jr Championship - NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo 2/5

Main event took a while to get going but the last 10 minutes were real good, big step up from yesterday's show

2nd, really enjoyed that.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

yea i thought this ended up sick as hell after being skeptical of how the first ten minutes were developing. i think it ended up really drat good at full length because the crowd was so molten hot for it, 3.5* match with a 6* crowd

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rarity posted:

nth caught this, it was pretty good !

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- The 15 minute time limit on these matches is absolutely inspired, last few minutes were tense as hell

HM
Bishamon (YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto) (c) vs TMDK (Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) - IWGP World Tag Championships

Nth on these MOTYC on Hiromu/YOH

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM
Bishamon (YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto) (c) vs TMDK (Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) - IWGP World Tag Team Championships
Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs YOH - IWGP Jr Championship

Nth but motyc on yoh v hiromu

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

From Stardom Supreme Fight 4/2

HM: Utami, AZM and Lady C vs Syuri, Konami and Ami Sourei

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto vs MIRAI. First time seeing Hashimoto and holy gently caress is she good. MIRAI was incredible in this as well, probably my favourite match of hers yet

HM: Maika and Himeka vs 7upp. Maika owns

HM: Saya Kamitani vs Momo Watanabe. Some really cool poo poo, a couple of sloppy looking spots, bascially a Saya K match. Very one-sided for an extended period leading up to the finish

Still have to watch Giulia vs Suzu but this has been a really good show.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Prominence Kurenai No Rinka January 9th
MOTYC
Suzu Suzuki vs Toshisyuki Sakuda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj2MiT2eBoA
- To the surprise of noone, this match between two lunatics was completely insane. I vaguely remembered reading about Suzu getting the safety pin through her cheek, but Sakuda following that up by getting his mouth stapled shut was a definite surprise, equal opportunity mouth gore.

e: also a link to this from yesterday to encourage people to watch it

SG Bamboo posted:

AJPW Excite Series February 4th
MOTYC
Kento MIyahara (c) vs Yuma Aoyagi - Triple Crown
- It's Kento and Yuma, of course it was going to rule. Kento is in that Okada tier when it comes to nearfalls, man has me biting every single time

https://vk.com/video-4499945_456250301?t=2h32m26s

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 5, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stardom Supreme Fight February 4th
https://m.vk.com/video-4499945_456250302
MOTYC
Chihiro Hashimoto vs MIRAI
- Big Hash doesn't have bad matches, it's nice to check in on how Mirai has developed since her rookie period and this is the first match i've seen where he opponent can out-hoss her

7Upp (Nanae Takahashi and Yuu) (c) vs MaiHime (Maika and Himeka) - Goddesses of Stardom Title
- I'm biased, i've been a big fan of Nanae and Yuu for years and it was very cool to see them team up against two ladies unafraid to take and give punishment

Guilia (c) vs Suzu Suzuki - World of Stardom Title
- Suzu rules, Giulia is also pretty good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ZERO1 Happy New Year January 1st
https://m.vk.com/video-4499945_456250169
MOTYC
Fuminori Abe vs Satsuki Nagao
- I really hope Abe doesn't spend all his time in DDT doing comedy. He's such a vicious little fucker when he gets to cut loose, as shown by these two absolutely brutalising each other. Nagao is a guy i'll need to keep an eye out for, this is the second absolute banger i've seen out of him this weekend, the next step is for him to work somewhere I don't have to actively seek out

Masato Tanaka (c) vs Masa Kitamiya - ZERO1 World Heavyweight Championship
- Tanaka continues to be an ageless wonder, 50+ with a storied career and still in such phenominal shape. His opponent Kitamura is also great, a beef tank of a man visiting from NOAH to challenge Tanaka on his home turf. This is the type of match I love where two dudes just whallop the hell out of each other, the worst part about it being Masa's insistence on spending far too long working his Prison Lock which very rarely looks any good

HM
Shoki Kitamura vs Takuya Sugawara

For the second straight year ZERO1's new years show has been well worth the watch, shame Wrestle Universe didn't livestream it this year

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 5, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Abe vs Nagao whipped. Zero1 have some exciting guys.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom Supreme Fight 4/2

HM: Giulia vs Suzu Suzuki. Can't really give this anything higher since I spent half the match thinking how I'd rather be watching Hashimoto vs MIRAI. It was just an extended sequence of big moves and spots with little rhyme or reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Crapple! posted:

From Stardom Supreme Fight 4/2

HM: Giulia vs Suzu Suzuki. Can't really give this anything higher since I spent half the match thinking how I'd rather be watching Hashimoto vs MIRAI. It was just an extended sequence of big moves and spots with little rhyme or reason

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto vs MIRAI. First time seeing Hashimoto and holy gently caress is she good. MIRAI was incredible in this as well, probably my favourite match of hers yet

HM: Maika and Himeka vs 7upp. Maika owns

HM: Saya Kamitani vs Momo Watanabe. Some really cool poo poo, a couple of sloppy looking spots, bascially a Saya K match. Very one-sided for an extended period leading up to the finish

Nth