Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:trumppop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Xenia stays onatopp!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

BonoMan posted:

I know I'm late to the game but drat rocket league is fun

It's the greatest multiplayer game of all time. It's simple and approachable but with an insane skill ceiling. And games are 5 minutes so no brutal slogs and it's always easy to get a game or two in. Perfection.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Wait, Xenia is a 360 emulator? But we've had that since the XB1 came out. What's the point?

vvv ah, alright.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Feb 5, 2023

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
For games that don’t run or aren’t purchasable on an Xbox One OP.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No loving way. That’s insane.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hi-fi rush is so cool thank you game pass

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I wish they'd make that Kinect fitness game not require the Kinect.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

Like, you would play the fitness game with just a controller??

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

Just Dance works with a smartphone, just like the Jackbox Party Pack games. You just install an app and hold the thing while dancing. It's not as accurate but it works alright.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Martman posted:

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Feb 5, 2023

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wow looks great thanks Imgur. E; fixed it

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Martman posted:

I would follow along you as would do with a youtube video, but with more fun added because it's a game. It would be a nice complement to my current fitness regime.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Just Dance works with a smartphone, just like the Jackbox Party Pack games. You just install an app and hold the thing while dancing. It's not as accurate but it works alright.

Interesting, but I'm not sure if I can even download the game since the store gives me a warning that my device is not capable.
But that's fine, I can do without this Kinect game. I was just wondering.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I've played Your Shape: Fitness Evolved on a 360 with Kinect years ago, and while the exercises were good, the real fun began when I noticed that putting a chair with a blanket over it in front of the Kinect, was detected as a running man somehow. I got up to 50,000 calories burned until I got bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtE_7XaDFro

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

One weird trick your gym doesn't want you to know!!!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Dance Central was the killer app for Kinect and it's a shame the Kinect platform itself was dead in the water. I just don't buy that you can get anywhere near the accuracy in modern dance games with a smart phone. Fond memories of spending time on expert Poker Face until I cracked the top 15 on the leaderboards, probably the only time in my life I'll ever hit a leaderboard like that.

e: thank gently caress I never invested much in the DLC library though, my Rock Band library is 1000+ songs because I have a sickness

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

gently caress yeah Dance Central was ace, and it was the perfect use case for the Kinect. I have fond memories of playing DC2 with my partner (it had 2-player co-op!) and embarrassing myself for my friends dancing to Jerk It by Soulja Boy.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We had just dance for the Wii and probably played it every day until we moved a year later and didn't have a nice big living room lol. the only good motion games are like that kind imo. full body or you can gently caress off.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bring back the kenict

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I connected my Xbox to my Alexa and now I can say “Xbox on” like the cool old Kinect days :cool:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Crafty posted:

I connected my Xbox to my Alexa and now I can say “Xbox on” like the cool old Kinect days :cool:

Pretty sure you can have her pause streaming shows too. I had it all set up many years ago and it was kind of neat

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Bring back DDR dance pads... and plastic instruments.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Beastie posted:

Pretty sure you can have her pause streaming shows too. I had it all set up many years ago and it was kind of neat

I don’t really watch stuff through my Xbox, I use my tv/firestick instead. Save the planet and all that (plus my Xbox channel is in game mode so films don’t look as good)

Is there a straight forward guide for getting this dev mode stuff going on your Xbox - not sure if that’s against the rules.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Just do a Google, it's perfectly easy. You have to pay Microsoft $20 to unlock the dev mode then you're basically all set. It's completely legal or at least in a grey area - that MS is asking you to pony up $20 means they can't void your warranty or ban you for it, and also means that it's not entirely likely that IP stuff blows up in anyone's face.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Thanks I’ll give it a go tomorrow. Anyone tried that goldeneye in the beta? I’ve been playing the normal game and if the emulators better I might do that instead

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
just google xbox emulation discord, getting it setup for retail mode is way better

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm stuck on a QTE in Hi-Fi Rush and honestly I'm kind of depressed about it.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Lammasu posted:

I'm stuck on a QTE in Hi-Fi Rush and honestly I'm kind of depressed about it.

In the settings you can set them to at least be 1-button.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

MJBuddy posted:

In the settings you can set them to at least be 1-button.

Already did that. Still loving up.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Xenia needs a few more updates, IMO. You're not missing out on waiting.

Dolphin, on the other hand...goddamn. Put that poo poo on your Xbox and play some GameCube games at 1440p. My Xbox copy of NBA Street Vol 2 might be officially retired.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I realized that I have had Game Pass for a while just to play Halo Infinite's campaign (lol) and I haven't used it for anything else since ce beating Gears 5 last year. Are there any good shooters on there right now worth checking out? Preferably a good campaign FPS.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

I realized that I have had Game Pass for a while just to play Halo Infinite's campaign (lol) and I haven't used it for anything else since ce beating Gears 5 last year. Are there any good shooters on there right now worth checking out? Preferably a good campaign FPS.

Prodeus, all the Wolfensteins (depending on taste, obviously), possibly High on Life.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
isn't Titanfall 2 on ea access or w.e., which is included in game pass. play it, now.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Larry Parrish posted:

isn't Titanfall 2 on ea access or w.e., which is included in game pass. play it, now.

Boot the game, Ethan

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Goldeneye loving sucks rear end

Hi Fi Rush rules

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Arc Hammer posted:

Have you beaten Doom 3, 2016, and Eternal? Dooms are good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Doom 3 has a lovely shotgun and I already own the 2016 and Eternal. Are there any of the slew of retro FPS games on game pass right now?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Prodeus is there, as is Hellsinger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I'm not recommending High on Life since I haven't played it, but it's a relatively new campaign fps.

Then Deathloop, both Dishonoreds if you go loud, Rage 2, Far Cry 5 on top of what else was suggested.