Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

TontoCorazon posted:

Made chicken paprikash tonight, came out incredible

Hell yeah, I do this at least once a month. Usually make nokedli (egg dumplings) on the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Wendigee posted:

Most lasagnas have ricotta in them right? That's not just a weird middle of the country thing?

I ate one at a restaurant that didn't have any... Fazolis or something? It was poo poo. I threw most of it away.

It's an america / southern italy thing I would say. The idea that there was something called ricotta and you put it in lasagna was unknown to me until 2015 or something.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 6, 2023

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

His Divine Shadow posted:

It's an america / southern italy thing I would say. The idea that there was something called ricotta and you put it in lasagna was unknown to me until 2015 or something.

huh.. been eating it since like 1990.. removes some density and adds some texture.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Sure but I guess you're in the US where it's pretty normal. Most of the rest of the world makes bechamel lasagnas (comes from northern italy, the ricotta version comes from the south) and most people probably wouldn't know of the ricotta version, not sure ricotta itself is common either. Sure wasn't in Finland.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Had a rare breakfast for dinner consisting of maple sausage and silver dollar pancakes with extra dark maple syrup

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

avocado: more or less controversial than pineapple? I love grilled avocado, got a surprising amount of hate for this on my discord.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hell yeah, I do this at least once a month. Usually make nokedli (egg dumplings) on the side.

I tried making it for the first time sometime last year and it's been a consistent recipe I go to every month or two now. I'll definitely try making those dumplings next time

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Cabbages and Kings posted:

avocado: more or less controversial than pineapple? I love grilled avocado, got a surprising amount of hate for this on my discord.

It's a polite no for me, OP

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

I'm interested

but I'm probably going to do some chicken and potato and sundried tomato pizza Wednesday so I'm untrustworthy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I don't see anything wrong with avocado. Its just a smooth creamy taste. It probably goes well with tomato and cheese. If anything, it could be too timid a choice compared to something with strong flavor like pineapple or anchovy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Avocado on pizza is good but you can't keep any for leftovers because, well, avocado.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I used to regularly order a pizza with chicken, prawns and avocado (and only stopped because I moved out of the delivery area of that pizza place). They also did one with salami and feta. Both the avocado and the feta were big chunks, which was great. Most places that do either slice the avocado too thin and crumble the feta, and it's always disappointing.

Coincidentally, I made pizza last night (just used pita brad though because I had some in the freezer and the intent was to use it up).

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You should try putting the mushrooms on before you cook it next time it’ll be even better.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bird with big dick posted:

You should try putting the mushrooms on before you cook it next time it’ll be even better.

The mushrooms were a little underdone, but they tasted more cooked than they looked so it was ok.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
CURRY, RED.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Seesars salad

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Nooner posted:

Seesars salad

OMG idiot it's called a seamans salad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
making what is sure to be an inferior version of this despite following the steps as best i can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIdlVi-VzPY&t=114s

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://youtu.be/CpVPfoqrd4k

Sorta made this, but used a buncha Cajun seasonings instead of basil and oregano. Turned out tasty.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Huh I'm not sure I've ever had avocado cooked

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
For the record, my beef stew came out amazing. Ate a big bowl of it last night.

However it has led to some incredibly potent gas. Room clearing stuff honestly. I blame the sardines I added to my broth.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Pork with rice

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
pork katsu with rice and sugar snap peas A+ would make again

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
trader JOES frozen chow mein with exxtra broccoli

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Looks legit what's the sauce?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Looks legit what's the sauce?

Basically equal parts whole cream and creme fraiche. Then sambal oelek as much as you can, then soy sauce. Mix & pour over the browned pork steaks before going into the oven on some suitably low temp so they can get tender.

Ideally you fry some onions and garlic in the pan you browned the meat in and then deglaze everything with a little water and mix that into the sauce before pouring it over the meat.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 8, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

:drat: I'm gonna give that a whirl, thanks

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
not dinner time yet but today I picked up a premade buffalo mac & cheese from the grocery store deli ON SALE 2 dollars down from 6. and just noticed it's buffalo ranch. pray for me

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

AARD VARKMAN posted:

not dinner time yet but today I picked up a premade buffalo mac & cheese from the grocery store deli ON SALE 2 dollars down from 6. and just noticed it's buffalo ranch. pray for me

Definitely rolling the dice with this one

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

chicken, sundried tomatoes, black olives, potato slices, mozzarella on olive oil and aioli base

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

chicken, sundried tomatoes, black olives, potato slices, mozzarella on olive oil and aioli base

Your pizzas always look to notch even if you did put potato on there

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

thank you.

i had to try it. it was so subtle as to not make any notable impact, but i needed the carbs i used the thinnest setting on the mandolin slicer, so they were probably too thin.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Sauteed radish greens with powdered peanuts, chili flakes, spices, just a pinch of sugar, until wilted, and ate it with plain boiled rice.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
made beef stew over the weekend, got nice pic

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

SilvergunSuperman posted:

:drat: I'm gonna give that a whirl, thanks

Be careful with the salt, it's easy to oversalt with the soy sauce and then adding any eventual salt on the meat as it browns, do add black pepper regardless. Depends also on how much soy is added. I give a generous splash. I don't really have a recipe I just add what seems good, I have made this a lot and learned that way. Sometimes I replace the pork with chicken, though I prefer the pork version. No harm in adding more cream than creme fraiche either as the sauce tends to reduce, but a little sauce goes a long way.

One can also add a little water, but if you lower the fat percentage too much the thing separates in the oven, needs to be fatty. Best to add that when it's nearing completion if so and stir everything around. Or just add more cream.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 9, 2023

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
tofu tacos or as we call them in my house Tofacos.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chickie pie in the oven, salivating. :jerky:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Literally A Person posted:

tofu tacos or as we call them in my house Tofacos.

I call it bullshit lol soyboy rear end cuck

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Chicken meatballs with brown rice and green beans doing low carb low sodium for now cause the baby gaving my wife the beetus :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Nooner posted:

I call it bullshit lol soyboy rear end cuck

I'll force feed you vegan chili AND YOU'LL LIKE IT