Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I had an NES AC adapter die during a lightning storm but somehow the old box itself kept going.

Actually the Switch is great for when there's a storm or power outages expected, you just pop it off the dock and it's good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The ps4 controller was the most unreliable pile considering how bulletproof the old dualshock was

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Never heard of a Wii U controller drifting :colbert:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Chronojam posted:

Actually the Switch is great for when there's a storm or power outages expected, you just pop it off the dock and it's good to go.

I feel like I'm living in the future when it happens. We had a bad winter and lost power a bunch of times, and never have I appreciate the robustness of the Switch more

It's especially nice compared to the PS4 where I always felt it was scolding me when it lost power while in rest mode.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Chronojam posted:

I had an NES AC adapter die during a lightning storm but somehow the old box itself kept going.

The first time this happened to me was in the middle of boss fight on Mario Odyssey, plunked it down on the coffee table and kept going and felt like I was in 3019

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Acula posted:

Never heard of a Wii U controller drifting :colbert:

Reports of drifting can’t exist if nobody owns them!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Thinking to exchange Splatoon 3 for kirbys forgotten world or whatever

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Large Testicles posted:

i had a bad capacitor nuke my power supply and basically fry everything on my computer back when that was an issue

The power supply on one of my 360's started dying and making a horrific noise, thanks for reminding me :v:. Two of them RROD'd, too.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Large Testicles posted:

i had a bad capacitor nuke my power supply and basically fry everything on my computer back when that was an issue

Dude, I booted up my Atari 800 the other day, I can't believe you're so bad with computers.
I also have managed to convince my brain that I won't ever die, never ever.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

nom epique posted:

Thinking to exchange Splatoon 3 for kirbys forgotten world or whatever

If you don’t play multiplayer or if it hasn’t gripped you do.

Forgotten Land is easy like all Kirby games but it has brilliant level design and is an incredibly charming experience.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If you don’t play multiplayer or if it hasn’t gripped you do.

Forgotten Land is easy like all Kirby games but it has brilliant level design and is an incredibly charming experience.

Full agreement

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I got gamepass on PC to try a game a buddy wanted me to play but I kinda bounced off it because instead of a round being 3 mins like splatoon or Mario Kart it was like an hour of shooting skeletons.l over and over.

Then I tried mechwarrior 5 and everyone talked like nerds thing military types talk all dripping with testosterone and using the word sitrep and poo poo. gently caress that so I tried this game that's all colorful with a cyborg kid with a guitar and it crashes on startup for me and tons of other people apparently.

So I said gently caress it and and I figured I'd play ori for a buck on the tv PC.

The video card wasn't powerful enough and also filled with a little too much dust and died. Now I need to find a new video card because it's a repurposed server and the cpu doesn't have on board video and now I have to find a replacement GPU and poo poo.

Don't be me just buy Ori for the Switch.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Alright.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The most Nintendo -ish game on gamepass is probably Tinykin, and it is wonderful.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

I got gamepass on PC to try a game a buddy wanted me to play but I kinda bounced off it because instead of a round being 3 mins like splatoon or Mario Kart it was like an hour of shooting skeletons.l over and over.

Then I tried mechwarrior 5 and everyone talked like nerds thing military types talk all dripping with testosterone and using the word sitrep and poo poo. gently caress that so I tried this game that's all colorful with a cyborg kid with a guitar and it crashes on startup for me and tons of other people apparently.

So I said gently caress it and and I figured I'd play ori for a buck on the tv PC.

The video card wasn't powerful enough and also filled with a little too much dust and died. Now I need to find a new video card because it's a repurposed server and the cpu doesn't have on board video and now I have to find a replacement GPU and poo poo.

Don't be me just buy Ori for the Switch.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15 year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy – the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we’d make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15 year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy – the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we’d make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

And here they AI can't generate art

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Game Pass on the Switch would be pretty cool, ngl.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

but when did you get your first scribe, Larry

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Sounds like the incidents of your life are inconsequential.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Groovy story, baby.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Who throws a shoe, honestly?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

When are they going to port Welcome to my Underground Lair to switch? That bike minigame was pretty decent

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

teagone posted:

I'd be so down for that it'd save me a lot of money buying a game playing it for a few hours and bouncing off of it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't care how that other guy reacts, shaved balls are fantastic.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Anyone else in that hosed up state of mind where you gotta check twitter at the start of every hour in case Nintendo announces a Direct for this week?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

no. what the gently caress is wrong with you???

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you should be refreshing this thread at the start of every hour, moron

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

Anyone else in that hosed up state of mind where you gotta check twitter at the start of every hour in case Nintendo announces a Direct for this week?

I am simply playing games, op

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I saw 'nintendo direct' trending on twitter so I came to this thread to try to figure out if it was a false alarm or not

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Isn’t Nintendo having an investor meeting this week? Would they have a direct with that going on

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

teagone posted:

It's the only way people are going to pay for cloud game streaming on Switch.
I can't imagine even dedicated reviewers would be stupid enough to spend their money on a game that will 100% be removed from the platform because not enough owners are playing it to justify hosting it in a few years.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Some sick freak probably misses the sales number segment from their E3 shows, they could just combine the investors meeting with the direct.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

hatty posted:

Isn’t Nintendo having an investor meeting this week? Would they have a direct with that going on

Most people think they'll have to announce the direct before the investor meeting so they won't get bombarded with questions about a direct.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

MorningMoon posted:

How do you find the time? I'm drowning in good games over here and am making so little progress on my backlog, hard to get excited about new unannounced stuff but that might be more of a me issue

Did y'all know I never played fire emblem fates? What the gently caress....gotta get to it once I clean up my backlog. FE Engage gave me the FE bug again

Hell I never even played the GameCube ones..

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Fates has such a terrible story its almost charming. had fun with Conquest but never had motivation to play through Birthright due to the aforementioned awful story and the idea that Corrin would abandon the people who raised them just because their bio family showed up seems silly

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I have a rock candy wired controller. It works fine on my pc but my switch does not seem to recognise this. Looking at the reviews this is sort of partially mentioned "you need to hit the buttons as soon as the switch boots or it's not recognised" says one. Another says "you need to unplug it and plug it in a lot of times for it to get recognised". Any hard and fast 'do this and it will work' advice?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I think Fates is worth playing if you're playing Engage and other FE games for the gameplay. I do recommend either skipping the cutscenes or not getting every kid since the game gets pretty bloated if you let it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

KingSlime posted:

How do you find the time? I'm drowning in good games over here and am making so little progress on my backlog, hard to get excited about new unannounced stuff but that might be more of a me issue

Did y'all know I never played fire emblem fates? What the gently caress....gotta get to it once I clean up my backlog. FE Engage gave me the FE bug again

Hell I never even played the GameCube ones..

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are so good. I loved the mechanics of the Laguz/beast people. It was a cool thing to throw into the mix. I'd love to have them re-released. It's almost worth it to get a Wii U and download them there on the shop before it's down but also not worth it just for that either. Almost almost worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

loving christ, Harvestella

I'm annoyed that it took me so long to turn off voices in this game. I spent almost a whole in-game year listening to "HELLO LITTLE CROPPIES" a thousand times before looking for the option to shut them up.
The fairies are brain-meltingly annoying and silencing them silences all voice lines for all NPCs, so you have to turn it up after leaving the farm if you want to hear the (very limited) VO work.
I'm in the homestretch now, barring any significant post-game. I'll have a lvl9 farm tonight and then I just have to work on a few more deliveries/tasks to get the last secret job.

If I want to max out everything possible, I'm going to have to do a grind I'm not looking forward to. Not because it's hard, it's just tedious. At least with fishing you can scroll on your phone or watch a movie at the same time.

Overall I really like this game but there are some things that will give me pause to play it again (the fairies and almost no farm automation.)