Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
When you put it that way you’re right. drat I’m pretty lucky come to think of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr.Radical posted:

Think real hard about why someone might not be aware of when fashion trends in the US start or end outside of being sheltered

hmm. okay let's rule out the obvious: are you a monk

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5110040/

this episode was about josh duggar, his reality show was called 13aker's Dozen

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quote:

In Law & Order: Special Victims Unit's 15th season, the show combined the events of Trayvon Martin's death with the scandal involving Paula Deen's use of racial slurs. The teenage boy who died in the episode was shot by a blonde celebrity chef with a history of racism.

edit this mel gibson episode is pro-click

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwDJw2ObHdY

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 31, 2023

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

some plague rats posted:

hmm. okay let's rule out the obvious: are you a monk

it's a cia head in a jar you're talking to. please cool it on the ableism :thanks:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mark immune posted:

it's a cia head in a jar you're talking to. please cool it on the ableism :thanks:

actually its effective activism to be rude to the cia online

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Real "renaming the JoJo stands to avoid a lawsuit" energy there.

They at least used to do a really fun version where they'd name the real person and say that it specifically wasn't them.

"Oh, this guy makes Anthony Weiner look like a saint!" "Hugh Hefner would tell this guy to tone it down a little!" "Alex Jones is Walter Kronite next to him!"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/craz_part_4/status/1620124176299495425

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Greatbacon posted:

It's just the Europa Universalis midgame

And the Ottomans always get loving involved.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

some plague rats posted:

And have you heard about these things called roads?? what if a car hits me? Or a bus?? what if I trip on a loose paver and fall under a truck? What if I slip on some soap in the shower?? what if I go to plug something into an outlet and it electrocutes me? what if I don't step off an escalator in time and get shredded? what if a small dog jumps up in a perfect arc and bites me square on the junk??

all of those things are the same as accessories worn for aesthetics. so true, bestie

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scholtz posted:

all of those things are the same as accessories worn for aesthetics. so true, bestie

yeah its like why do people even wear shoes with laces?? if they come undone you could trip and crack your head open! Velcro is so much safer, people just have to be aesthetic about things...

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Dr.Radical posted:

Think real hard about why someone might not be aware of when fashion trends in the US start or end outside of being sheltered

Its been a thing in Latin America and Western Europe too for almost as long. Either way, youre posting on a thread about a podcast thats all about niche US politics and pop culture, its easy to assume that you would have passing familiarity with ongoing US trends

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

some plague rats posted:

actually its effective activism to be rude to the cia online

if you can't be rude to CIA w/o ableism is it really effective??

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Not knowing about septum rings is part of my autism. Don't be ableist.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Maybe it's regional but I don't think they're really all THAT common anyway. Like yeah I see them every now and then but definitely not all the time.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Well my question caused a stir so either they’re common or people responding have septum piercings or loved ones with septum piercings and are offended I said it was a troubling trend. But it is a troubling trend because it looks pretty dumb

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr.Radical posted:

Well my question caused a stir so either they’re common or people responding have septum piercings or loved ones with septum piercings and are offended I said it was a troubling trend. But it is a troubling trend because it looks pretty dumb

nah I look good as hell so obviously your opinion was wrong and it caused offense the same way it would cause a stir if you went to NASA and said "hey, I'm noticing a weird trend of people thinking the earth revolves around the sun, what's up with that"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Dr.Radical posted:

Septum piercings are not common and are not typically worn by people who would be considered “normal.” I’ll leave it to your imagination why you received so much pushback from posters itt.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

Septum piercings are not common and are not typically worn by people who would be considered “normal.” I’ll leave it to your imagination why you received so much pushback from posters itt.

lmfao are you serious

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Sorry I just think people shouldn’t have septum piercings unless they have trouble attending weddings and funerals because their wardrobe mostly consists of cut up Discharge t-shirts and the grossest pants you’ve ever seen

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr.Radical posted:

Sorry I just think people shouldn’t have septum piercings unless they have trouble attending weddings and funerals because their wardrobe mostly consists of cut up Discharge t-shirts and the grossest pants you’ve ever seen

now hang on just a loving minute

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

I'm appreciating the dr but this guy sucks and should be killed

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

side_burned posted:

The pearl clutching over TickTok ruining peoples ability to use language is a bit rich coming from some millennials who got internet famous on Twitter.

*bobs on hip sassily*
*points over left shoulder*
*words appear*
Septum piercings aren't that uncommon, but they're not super common either. No big deal unless you're from the sticks.
*bobs on hip sassily*
*shakes finger at camera, smiling bewitchingly*
*points upwards*
*words appear*
TikTok isn't all just this sassy posing bullshit, according to liars.
*hip bobbing*
*points to the left*
*words appear*
Now replace Q with R.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
don’t have an opinion about septum piercings however the word “septum” itself is gross and weird to me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Dr.Radical posted:

Nah you were just being a dick.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If I can't show up for your funeral in a sleeveless Never Again t-shirt then you lived wrong and I will not be mourning you

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I'm normal.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What in tarnation

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The only piercing you should be getting is shrapnel that can't safely be removed from your body after getting IEDed serving this country!!!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just take the goddamn thing out before you come in for any kind of nasal or sinus surgery. It is insane how often people refuse to remove it when we have to stick a scope up your nose. Just take it out!!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The only piercing you should be getting is shrapnel that can't safely be removed from your body after getting IEDed serving this country!!!
Thanks Jeremy Renner

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Dr.Radical posted:

at this point you should be required to post a picture of yourself

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Thanks Jeremy Renner

Made me think of the ep where they talk to the guy who ruined the Renner app lmao

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Cached Money posted:

Made me think of the ep where they talk to the guy who ruined the Renner app lmao

Jeremy would absolutely say septum piercings are "Nasty!! Not Cool "

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Imagine Trump smugly showing off his brand new gold plated septum piercing

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Trump could pioneer a new trend and have his wattle pierced.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cosmik Slop posted:

Imagine Trump smugly showing off his brand new gold plated septum piercing

I do this every day.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

felix got some material on snl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bsxppX7BZc

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

If my country was represented that way on SNL I would probably try to impress Jodie Foster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Ice T playing a cop still feels weird to me.