Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Nooooo thank you. Did something close to this once on a guided cave tour, the path was flooded out and there was only about seven inches of air between the water and the roof of the cave. No problems with space for your body, just had to scrape your helmet on the ceiling to breathe. Didn’t freak out but I definitely had to do some taking myself down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Why???

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I once went into a cave where you had to lower yourself into a crevice that was only a little bit wider than that to get in. Incredibly creepy, but worth it for the rest of the much bigger cave :3:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
cave people are lunatics.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Look there's very few ways to really gently caress a cave

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

chrisgt posted:

nope nope nope nope nope nope nopity-loving-nope.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Hollismason posted:

Look there's very few ways to really gently caress a cave
No shortage of ways for a cave to gently caress you though.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Slugworth posted:

No shortage of ways for a cave to gently caress you though.

Really better to gently caress the cave than get hosed by the cave situation

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

Hollismason posted:

How can you tell if paint is leaded?

they sell these kits that you rub against paint and it will turn a distinct color if it contains lead. plz if you think its even possible. try it. I have found plenty of lead paint in apartments in places you wouldn’t suspect

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I'm fairly sure I remember escalators having a warning to step off at the end - is that still a thing?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

What blows my mind is that this is something this person does for fun. Or relaxation. Or something.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

People that do this for fun should be put somewhere far away from crevices before they die in one

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hey, if we brave this tight space of rock and water, we'll get through to a larger space of rock and water. SO WORTH IT! That later rock is much better than the earlier rock.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm curious and intrepid enough to stick my finger in the soda can opening just to see if I can get it out but that's as far as I go.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I couldn’t watch the video all the way through. I hope he loving died in there, may his corpse serve as a warning to others wanting to do stupid poo poo like that.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If a cave is big enough I can walk around without having to even slightly duck, I'm fine with that cave. No thanks to anything smaller.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Was that even a cave? It looked like some long abandoned crawl space or something.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
My favourite episode of wtyp covers these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUJKRVu6IVA

As a general rule, cave people are insane. People who think it is a good idea to wedge themselves between two or more enormous rocks have something profoundly wrong with them that not even a hundred thousand years of natural selection has managed to fix. If something goes wrong you are probably going to die even if people try to rescue you, and it is always going to be horrible and often take a very long time unless you get lucky and drown. And when drowning is the "getting lucky" option you know poo poo is absolutely terrible.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Pickled Tink posted:

As a general rule, cave people are insane. People who think it is a good idea to wedge themselves between two or more enormous rocks have something profoundly wrong with them that not even a hundred thousand years of natural selection has managed to fix. If something goes wrong you are probably going to die even if people try to rescue you, and it is always going to be horrible and often take a very long time unless you get lucky and drown. And when drowning is the "getting lucky" option you know poo poo is absolutely terrible.

What I didn't like about the movie The Descent is that the introduction of the monsters made it less scary than them being stuck in a cave with no way out.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Computer viking posted:

I'm fairly sure I remember escalators having a warning to step off at the end - is that still a thing?

Yes, but stupid people are also still a thing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!

Uthor posted:

What I didn't like about the movie The Descent is that the introduction of the monsters made it less scary than them being stuck in a cave with no way out.

I know, right? I had the exact same feeling, now this I can handle.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Why does the video end there.
I have that raw feeling in the pit of my stomach that this is a post mortem upload.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Simply make the cave bigger

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Yes, but stupid people are also still a thing.

Specifically, there would have been a big red stop button closeby. He could have saved his slippers yet, but no...

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I like your exhaustion analogy.

In really basic fire science terms the chemical agent is removing heat energy from the fire triangle to slow/inhibit combustion. Really no different than using water, but you trade duration for lack of a giant mess.

An alternative clean agent approach is removing oxygen, of which the most basic approach is straight CO2 which is super effective minus the it’ll kill you too component. On the other end of the spectrum you get something like Inergen which dumps a bunch of noble gases into the room at a very specific ratio to room size to drop the oxy% enough to stop combustion without asphyxiating the room occupants. Super expensive though.

In chem, our teacher taught us to think of Halogens like Heroin, that Halogens represses the respiratory system of the fire, and that with enough, both will stop dead in their tracks. Yes, he had tenure, why do you ask?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

https://www.nist.gov/system/files/documents/el/fire_research/R0200495.pdf

Stumbled upon this source regarding the interactions of 1301(CBrF) and propane, in this case using it to improve the production of CF3I (also halon 1301). A bit over my head, but helps me to understand what might be happening.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Innovative, formation-style takeoffs & landings solve nations' air traffic congestion crisis

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rpjv93n3g71s1ddrj.mp4

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Honestly cruel to the seemingly ancient walls

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/a8axeld.mp4

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I think some of his content has been posted here before, but check out big.manny1 on Insta or YouTube; he performs home chemistry experiments but all his VO is done in 'London roadman' lingo, ya dun know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndv0y1YdqQA

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

This gives me terrible feelings to watch.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

s up dog

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/dsy5pqz.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Honestly as soon as I saw the green I thought "is that lead paint?", But the only reason I know that is that when I was a kid I had a wooden stool covered in green paint that was god knows how old and one day my mother went "you know, thinking about it that's probably lead paint".

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

I won’t go into any cave that isn’t handicap accessible

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

something tells me this customer was being a complete asshat to the office staff

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Simply make the cave bigger

This is the real answer, but would just piss of cave people: If there's something breathtaking on the other side, mine out a hole that isn't going to murder people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I should call her.